LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » New Year's Resolutions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year, I resolve to...

- Gain weight. At least 30 pounds. ( not really )
- Stop exercising. Waste of time.
- Read less. Makes you think.
- Watch more TV. I've been missing some good stuff.
- Procrastinate more. Starting tomorrow.
- Spend more time at work, surfing Internet & facebooking.
- Take a vacation to someplace important: like, to see the largest ball of twine.
- Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.
- Get in a whole NEW rut!
- Start being superstitious.
- Personal goal: bring back disco.
- Buy an '83 Eldorado and invest in a really loud stereo system.
- Get the windows tinted. Buy some fur for the dash.
- Speak in a monotone voice and only use monosyllabicwords.
- Only wear jeans that are 2 sizes too small and use a chain or rope for a belt.
- Spend my summer vacation in Cyberspace.
- Create loose ends.
- Get more toys.
- Get further in debt.
- Not drive a motorized vehicle across thin ice.
- Avoid transmission of inter-species diseases.
- Avoid airplanes that spontaneously drop 1000 feet.
- Stay off the International Space Station.
- Not swim with pirhanas or sharks.
- Associate with even worse business clients.
- Spread out priorities beyond my ability to keep track of them.
- Wait around for opportunity.
- Focus on the faults of others.
- Mope about my faults.
- Never make New Year's resolutions again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like something I would do

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my new year's lyme resolution is not to do anything i don't want to.

if he wants to do something or go somewhere and i don't, then tough, i ain't going. go by yourself, i'm staying home.

after that oklahoma and north carolina fiascos, i've had it. i don't need to be around people who chew me out, don't believe in me, make me feel like utter crap, and have monsters for kids.

so if it causes problems, fine, bring it on. if you don't like it, divorce me, no problem. i've had it with laying down and just making myself sick and sicker.

also i'm not calling my sisters so much anymore. since mom died, not once have they called me. i pay for my airfare up there, i pay the phone bill and i send money for christmas. no more. it's always me doing doing the giving. they have money and they talk about their trips and all. so why should i always call and spend. nope, ain't doing that either.

time to stand up for myself.

and loose some weight.

how about you??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also resolve to whine more. [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no you can't. i do enough for all of us.....

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Lymetoo! randibear I'm glad to see you are making the new year (2012) the year you stand up for yourself.

Lyme or no lyme you shouldn't be miss treated, I know the feeling much too much!!! I'll follow in your footsteps.

I do wish you good luck and the hell with the people that only care about themselves...

Happy New Year!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Inspirational movie for this holiday transitional weekend:

Fried Green Tomatoes

- you can't go wrong with Jessica Tandy & Kathy Bates as roll models.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a trailer for fried Geen Tomatos - ENJOY -Your'e right Keebler, it's a good moive for the weekend!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi476250137/

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu-that is such a long list...how did you ever think of it??? i used to write. they said i had talent...but now words are so hard...

randi i like your thinking...

i'm pretending there is no holiday coming...like i did with christmas

i know i need to change my thinking about my relationship with my kids...but so far not lightbulbs have gone off

each day i am a little more organized with both stuff and finances so at least im going in the right direction...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, your list is genius!
Happy New Year!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH, no... I copied it from my cousin, who probably copied it from someone else!! [lol]

Randi... I was not talking about your whining... only MINE! I really have been whining a lot because of intense pain in my neck and back.

Let's all have a great New Year!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

oh hon I knew that but you have to admit is am the "queen of whine". Sorry about your neck. I have significant bulges throughout at c3, c4, and c5 plus ankloysing spondylitis somi know it's no fun

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement