LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Dr. Frustration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Frustration
In19944
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In19944     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went in this morning to my GP get a refill on diflucan and to get a printout of my requested W. blot that came back pos. along with 2 ELISA's

After I said I suspected lyme because of the pos. tests. She said "I will refill your script once once but I can no longer see you."

She obviously can see I'm disabled and I'm in my early 30s, my temp wouldn't register on her dig. thermometer and my blood pressure was 144/100.

She has no idea I'm being treated through an LLMD.

WTH is happening with this disease?

Posts: 184 | From taking pills | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This is very common. Lyme is the new Napalm.

Now, she may not believe lyme requires more than one or two short courses of treatment. She may not know that lyme usually also involves other infections and various body symptoms dysfunctions, etc.

Still, even if she wanted to offer you what support she could in her limited knowledge, she may have no other choice.

It could be the end of her career were she to even be your GP "lyme somewhat friendly" doctor.

Many clinics are given bonuses by insurance companies to NOT diagnose lyme. Really. For some clinics, even if ONE diagnosis is made, all other doctors loose their bonuses.

For others, there is major heat from the IDSA heads in their states to NOT diagnose or even acknowledge lyme.

Have you seen the documentary "Under Our Skin" yet?

There are all kinds of links and explanations but I'm not sure if you already KNOW the political napalm that is lyme -- and you might just be voicing a rhetorical question in an air of exhaustion and shock.

Not that anyone would "like" more detail that answers your question but if more would help to explain the situation, do you want to see some links, articles, etc.?

Other than the film "Under Our Skin" the book: "Cure Unknown" is a good place to get a sense of the terrain.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the positive test that did it.

Most LLMDs require a PCP to manage other things for you, even though you would be treated for the lyme by the LLMD.

Wondering if you explained to the PCP that you would not be asking for anything related to lyme...maybe you would not be dumped. That you would get lyme treatment elsewhere.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes you kinda feel real special doesn't it...

2012 version of the plaque.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In19944
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In19944     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable...she's been a family friend for years and acted like she never saw me before.

I am not asking for anything lyme related.

I've lost all trust in all doctors. Pharmaceuticals need docs and docs need insurance. I'm finishing my 6 months of treatment and I'm done if I don't see progress.

Maybe I paint myself green and die on the White House Lawn.hmmm

Posts: 184 | From taking pills | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelaw
Member # 34014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE don't give up treatment after only 6 months if you are not well yet.

keep up the fight! search and find a Lyme literate doctor in your state!

It took me over 10 years to get a diagnosis (too many dr's to count), and have been turned away from countless places/doctors in the last year since finally diagnosed properly (knowing I wanted treatment for my Lyme) including our state's university hospital.

I get it... I lost all confidence in doctors as well over all these years trying to find a diagnosis and then treatment.

Yes, shame on those doctors who turned us away!

Yes, shame on that 'friend' who turned you away! BUT PROVE HER WRONG BY GETTING TREATMENT ELSEWHERE and coming back to her in the future and SHOWING HER YOU'RE WELL!!!

--------------------
I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Taking things one day at a time... trying to get my life back.

Posts: 35 | From mid west | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a pediatrician say that she couldn't treat because there was too much to know. She didn't even want to venture there because it was too time consuming. She felt she knew enough to just stay away. Hey, at least she was honest.

Yes, so frustrating. Must hurt doubly when it's a friend.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angelaw,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have someone right now for care...BUT how do you search when you can't lift head for more than an hour or two on some days...I'm having a hard time cause Inwant to talk to the last ID doc and ask if he did any malaria type testing????

no response and it takes so much out of me to get to any office,store or mailbox.....

I just want a straight answer... They also are the one who told the clinic that gave me steroid shot's, when they didn't want to,to go ahead ... Not anywhere near same /bad since 2010 8 hours after last 2 shots.....

Frustrating , to the hilt,,,I've even gotten sent away cause I tried to get treatment for un-known illness..went to a few places ,nobody helped, but sent me on my way....

They didn't even know if they had a deathly ill person or not,,,to many tries to soon.. and non-helpful scripts...Yada,Yada , Yada Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In19944
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34272

Thanks for the great input...It's a tough decision. I think though the system has beaten me.

I don't mean to "woe is me", but I've been worse since being on the ABX. Can you even call it a herx when you are just sick, in pain, and tired 24/7 for months on end?

And on top of that, here's your diet...no pain meds and no food that gives you energy. But you need to lift weights. UGH

I can't walk well, I sure can't afford another LLMD and my current one doesn't know about Bart and says 3 billion probiotics a day are plenty.

I was almost better without the ABX. Plus, most say you need IV and I know my insurance won't cover that.

I'm not gonna quit now. I'll ride these last couple months out on the orals and pray for progress...who knows..Thanks guys/gals..

angelaw
Member # 34014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonna, In19944, Jackie- I get it! It's hard to fight & search & call & get to appointment after appointment when I can't even drive my own kids to school, let alone get to their hockey games. =(

I've gotten off the phone so many times and just cried & cried when what seemed my last resort for "new hope' for help was struck down.

How can I exercise when i can hardly make it up the stairs? How can I eat better when I cant even go grocery shopping? And, anti-depressants (every doctors answer when their too ignorant to even try to help), believe me I've tried them- they only make me feel worse!

i feel like giving up all the time. After finally being dx 4 months ago, my hopes have already been slashed SO MANY TIMES- in 4 shorts months! I can't imagine the ups & downs of doing this for longer! I've already stopped treatment for a month. (starting again on monday).

IT SUCKS! (doctors, treatment, options, our support systems, this hellish sickness... just plain LIFE at times).

I don't have a supportive husband, pushing me each day to stay positive. We NEED each other here on this site to remind eachother to KEEP FIGHTING & NOT GIVE UP!

So, I'm telling ya'll to NOT GIVE UP! KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT! & Im hoping ya'll will tell me the same!

--------------------
I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Taking things one day at a time... trying to get my life back.

Posts: 35 | From mid west | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement