LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » New Thread , Continuing Saga of TxCoord and Silverwolf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Thread , Continuing Saga of TxCoord and Silverwolf
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< Lyme family >>>>>,

First off:

I was clinically Dx'ed w/ Lyme disease and other co-infections in the early summer of 2006.And in August of 2006 thru an MRI the telltale brain lesions were discovered.

Most of the first seven years of our married life [we've been married over 33 years], was spent in Louisiana. Where we had three surgeries between us.

TxCoord had to have a major surgery, because of a safety infraction by a -Major company- he was working for, It was a real mess.His surgery and my surgeries took place in the same year.

This -Major company- began to harass us, our phone was tampered w/,our home was broken into and so on. Phone company found evidence, but the authorities could never quite catch them.

The mail was messed with,and more, bill payments didn't get to where we sent them,or got there VERY late. To this day we are not really certain if the harassment has ever really completely stopped.

So perhaps I/we, may come across as a bit paranoid at times... I hope none of you ever has to 'walk where we walked'.

We left Louisiana, mid 1980's so TxCoord could finish the schooling he started on the West coast

He had gone to Louisiana to work off some debt acquired after having started schooling in the midwest, when he got out of the service. I met him mid-late 1970's at the West coast college.

TxCoord actually finally got to graduate from the West coast college in 1987, with a double major. Friends joked that he had been on the '10 year plan.

I had tried to go back to school after we were married,and the Dr. had warned me, that College was not for me. I had one of several miscarriages the winter[1986] before TxCoord graduated.

TxC' also was in a car accident,[he was in car alone in 1985, I was not feeling very well and had stayed home], the other driver was at fault,the accident resulted in an emergency hernia repair surgery a few weeks afterward.

During this time I was also tested for MS [the second time, first time mid 70's,high school], testing came out indeterminate both times. After many tests ,Spinal tap, Myelograms, EMGs blood work, tubes of it.

We now know,that it was most all from Lyme and Co's...[ one surgery in Louisiana was to try and stop permanent neurological damage from a 'brith-defect' of extra ribs- and a bone spur in my neck,which cause TOS.].

Will be back in a bit, more to come... [perhaps we should write the book we've been talking of]...Maybe,this will help others...I do hope so.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

[ 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continuing onward:

In the first months of our marriage while in Louisiana, we lived in a small older trailer. A beautiful, German Shepherd dog showed up and stayed with us awhile.

We were living in a somewhat remote area, across from a dump, that was frequently set afire [which was not supposed to be allowed.].

'Sampson', the stray Shepherd, turned out to be a retired police dog,who had gotten confused and wandered off from home.

He was very protective when a drunk tried to cause problems, while TxCoord was at work [we had no phone,and I was very frightened].

*Sampson,had a couple ticks,which I removed,and cleaned him up...never realizing that I could possibly be getting infected w/ something dangerous.

After all I washed my hands carefully and cleaned up the *dog too. all we had known of was RMSF in connection with ticks,and we were in Southern US.

I had a 'pimple' show up [upper bathing suit area] ,that wouldn't heal, it kept reinfecting,so I used triple antibiotic ointment on it. It took several months to heal.

About a year later, we had moved to a small town still in SE Louisiana, I got scratched by a half wild cat,and got a couple of sores that would not heal. When I got flu like symptoms, the old timers in area

said... :'Oh, you have Cat Scratch Fever'... I took tylenol, kept the sores covered and coated w/ antibiotic ointment, and they eventually healed [I still have a scar from one].

After we moved back to West coast, in the mid 1980's,I couldn't seem to gain any strength, the least thing would set off flu like symptoms and IBS symptoms. The schooling I tried to continue with became impossible.

So I tried to be happy with my TxCoord love's accomplishments. He graduated ,even with the car accidents,during college [one rear-ender,and one side T-bone, resulting in the hernia surgery, neither hubbys fault.].

Despite accidents, miscarriages, a murdered grandparent[ supposedly a 'mercy killing'], pay checks that got delayed , harassment, and many other things we persevered.

After TxC's Graduation ,we were sent to Idaho Inland Northwest to work in ministry in the private sector...

After watching a ministry friend fall from grace, and lose their family, and the church, we tried to carry on for a time w/ TxC' pastoring... I began to have seizure like symptoms and horrible migraines.

The first such situation led to an ER visit... they asked if I had ever had MS,and said I was having a 'Migranic seizure' which supposedly was not a true seizure.

Some months prior to this event,I had ended up having a laproscopic surgery where severe endometriosis was diagnosed... because of a hemorrhage situation.

TxCoord was trying to work in ministry, and janitorial services. In 1989 he went to academy training to be a Corrections Officer.

Wow, we are almost into the '90's now... I'll BBL with more...

Jus' the Silverwolfi and Officer Preacher TxCoord

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really should compile all of your (and Txcoord's) journey through life in a memoir.

(Sorry if I interrupted the flow of your story. I just had to give you that input)

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< aperture >>>>>,

Not an interruption at all,we need the input, our story flows about here and there, kinda like the Mississippi and The Snake rivers. So no worries as to that.

I am going to skip way a head,and then way back for a bit.

I do not say the things, from here on, to be mean or derogatory toward any Church group or Denomination, I am telling our story,what we have gone thru.

In early 2007, we stopped working in a small quarrelsome church I'll just call 'Rocky-flock' a member there in a very small community I'll call Tinytown, told us of a church in the next town, who needed someone to preach there.

We had prayed worked, and done what we could for 7 years at Rocky-flock. The leadership there, were still arguing w/ anyone who'd argue, about most anything...

and we did not want to argue,only to help others to come to know the Love of the Lord.

With TxC' having started working in the church at 'Fallen-Falls' in 2005 we stopped working at 'Rocky-flock',then in 2007. I had finally started going to church, a couple times a month on Sunday pm's at 'Fallen-Falls'.

Both the churches were at least 45 miles from our home, the 'Rocky-flock' group was an hour from home...

Some at 'Rocky-flock' were angry that we left... but it was getting more and more discouraging to drive an hour and have

a handful or two of folks show up, sometimes no one came. Gas was/is expensive and it was disheartening.

By this time, TxC' had trained to work w/ troubled youth and become a Juvenile probation officer.

And then eventually took CNA training and worked w/ the youth at the State hospital in the tow where we had been living.

The church of 'Fallen-Falls' began to insist we move to their town,they needed us, we'd be just the right pastor and wife for their little church.

We were having trouble w/ a company that had taken over the note on our home...[ a company later that became under Federal Investigation for their false dealings].

The third time they tried to foreclose on us... after talking to some friends in the legal field...we sold our home at a loss...and got out.

This left us free to move to the Parsonage at 'Fallen-Falls'...which we found out about a year and a half later was full of black mold. Can anyone see where this is all going...

TxCoord very suddenly had severe vision problems in the right eye...in 2007, in 2006 the summer,

I had been Dx'ed w/ the Lyme and Co's problems...TxC;s problem turned out to be a mid- vein occlusion/stroke of right eye.

We had been installed as Senior Pastor and wife,in early Sept. 06... I wasn't getting better w/ treatments IM Rocephin injections and so on...and now TxC's eye needed surgery [he eventually went blind in the right eye.

Strangely and suddenly, the eldership-leadership felt we could not do the job, Now TxCoord was the Pastor, he could still,preach,sing,drive, do visitation hold bible studies and so on...

Soon we were targeted in a 'Whisper-Gossip-and Hate' campaign, nothing we did was right, and they were gearing up to force us out, in a very public church meeting and picnic.

We a were warned off in time,and TxC' wrote up our resignation... left it in the meeting room where the leadership was to meet,next day,and we went to Salt Lake for TxC's surgery which saved his eye but not his vision.

When we were trying to get out and find a place, TxC' going to work at a youth home now, after his surgery recovery. and me trying to pack... My Mother Died...Mothers day weekend 2008...a sorrow always with me.

Mom had had a surgery, to try to save her leg,she had a rare disease called Wegners Disease Granulomatosis... her kidneys shut down...

We were devestated.

Back, a way back in years, at about 10 years of age so maybe 1965?, our family was in Oregon, for Thanksgiving... I was outside...coming back in from the backyard,

something bit me thru' heavy socks...and left two marks about a 1/4 inch apart...very painful swelled, peeled as I recall...Grandpa and dad,immediately checked for snakes, but couldn't find evidence.

About four years after that, so around 14, I was out camping,and got what we tho't was a 'heat rash, under bathing suit area...so painful and red that for several days,I couldn't wear anything but a very loose t-shirt.

That winter I got what we later found out was severe Strep throat w/ Mono'...pediatric Dr. stated later that he wished he had put me in hospital...as my health deteriorated from then on.

Next time... does anyone remember or story of the Wild west meets Armpit park??

A note on the church situation...'Rocky-flock' church got angry when Fallen-Falls, forced us out,and wanted us to come back...we tried to explain,that by the time thy were asking Txc was having serious health issues and fixing to have surgery[s].

Both churches are interrelated, and a third church here has relatives...that picked up the gossip campaign... Hmm, didn't think that preaching the word,and prayer for others was wrong... but they found something to gossip about...

That awful Silverwolf and her 'Lymes disease' ya know..and we can't have a one eyed pastor here... Now I am not bitter, only very sad. that the hatefulness continued... on to a third church.

We haven't gone to any church since we left 'Fallen -Falls' in '08... we really feel shut out...

Okay back to ...Wildwest meets Armpit park...if anyone would like to know more...

Just us Silverwolf and TxCoord...with our hearts given to the Lord to mend.

[ 01-25-2012, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope one day you can heal inside and out.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, This could be a mini series. Do tell about Wildwest meets Armpit park. [kiss] PS..no this isn't a Judas kiss....just someone who cares...

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I hope and pray for the day that TxCoord and I both are whole, Spirit, Soul, and Body.

We have to give things over to the Lord, daily!!! Many times ,we find ourselves praying for his peace.

Pastors, Ministers, Priests, and Church Leadership , are imperfect humans ,who lead imperfect human congregations.

Our ministry has changed while we are not in a formal church gathering, but we are, and always will be ministers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We do our best to answer questions when they are asked of us, we pray,we still study the Bible, and have a program that we watch,that helps us. Beyond that, we hope and we wait!

Thank you for hoping with us!!!

More to come later...

Jus' Silverwolfi here.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< DKat >>>>>,

Thank You for the input... and the caring!!!

I'll be back shortly, with the story...

Wildwest meets Armpit park...

Jus'Silverwolfi here.....

Okay I am back,in the summer of 2008,when we were trying to move from the parsonage, we finally found a place... we were to have been out the parsonage before June, but my mothers passing slowed everything.

After they got everything worked out, and we got to Oregon for the funeral,we came home to finish moving... no one was helping us...

A young Christian gentleman who did a food route in area, stopped to see if all was well.He wanted to know why I was packing alone w/ TxC' having to work...

I explained as politely as possible...he stated... 'even if many of them feel you should leave, as Christian folk...they should be here to help.'.

Soon some young folk from a family that still cared and was concerned came to help for a bit.It was so warm and I was exhausted.

Finally, [there had been a Womens leadership election] The -new- leader called and said' I am coming with some help so y'all can get moved..."

------ We finally got moved from Moldy parsonage into 'Armpit Mobile park'...

[we had a real cowboy,and his horse trailer to help w/ our big furniture,he had been hurt, in the churches too, but continues to serve God] ...

The park and trailer homes were owned by a number of folk.
The People that we rented from, tried to keep things nice, tho' the outside of our trailer looked really bad,paint peeling etc.

They were great about helping us keep pipes thawed, and such.

But over the aprox. year we were there at 'ArmPit', [about an hour from the parsonage],we had to call the police at least three times,

to stop the theft of our irrigation water,that we had to pay for, our pipe was on the other side of the fence,

the neighbors ahead of us,didn't keep their bills paid so they 'borrowed our water...several times without permission, using a leaky hose.

They also had drunken parties and blocked the driveway so we could not get in and out,for work,shopping and so on.

I kept the doors locked at all times,even when TxC' was home from work. The back neighbors children decided it was okay to play basketball and such using our trailer as the bounce wall. I mean repeatedly.

They brought home this ,adorable Husky pup, which they left outside all the time, in a pen. Poor thing screamed like it was being maimed.

The Back neighbor tried to say it was someone else's dog causing the noise and howling. The Animal patrol disagreed,as they were watching the poor dog[ we called him the Banshee] screech and scream, after we and several other neighbors had called.

Finally the Banshee dog family, and their belligerent children,at least one child of which was the one who tho't it was just hilarious to defecate under our window air conditioning unit,moved.

A few months later,the water thieves in the trailer ahead of us ,whose friends vehicle we had towed, when they blocked our driveway, yet again,after warnings by landlord,police and so on...moved too!

At arm pit neighbors might be there one day and move in the middle of the night. Especially gang types. We were hoping for better neighbors.

A 'seemingly quiet' family,moved into the Banshee family trailer behind us,after 'Stanley Steemer carpet cleaners' came three times.

It was a sweet little grandmama,her son and his two young nephews. They seemed quiet enough,and didn't get into a lot of mischief at first.

New neighbors came, moved in to the trailer of the water thieves, and decide to open a dog boarding facility w/o permission on a very small piece of property

...the stench became fierce. And one poor dog, grunted like a pig [a bulldog..poor thing].
In short order the dog 'Hostel' folk were arguing w/ the drug dealers who'd moved in across the street.

By then we had been there almost a year,and TxC' had found better work, he had been working two jobs,one with troubled youth at a home,night shift, and working as a drug/alcohol Facilitator helping folk get clean and sober, day time!.

Sometimes we barely saw one another long enough to say goodnight,or have a meal. Another job opened up, w/ what we hoped would be better hours... Welfare to Workforce, and so we tho't to better our situation w/ a safer environment.

We found the place where we live now, and began to move. Two young college friends were helping me pack and move,

and TxC' was road warrior-ing for Welfare to Work-force thru' six different towns [he taught classes on how to apply for jobs, and helped the needy get food stamps and other aid].

We had to take a couple days break... and then back to packing. The end of June,we'd been living here, current trailer, a few weeks and were still trying to get out of the Armpit park area [the landlord was very gracious to us].

The new friend next door was to help me, with some more packing up,and go to the Trailer over in armpit, about 15 minutes from us. She was ill and didn't know I had come by.

Of a sudden, the skies opened up,to massive rain, hail and lightening and thunder. Literally , the hill side behind us,was sliding down the main-lane here.

About four foot of mud came down the street. Standing water in folks yards, and raw sewer in some of the basements of homes...bad business.

One of our college friends driveway washed away,and their car was buried...we saw another one buried across the road,when we finally got out.

TxCoord had come home on break so we could go to the bank,they told us to stay put... and really, who wants to go thru sewer glop!!! So he called work and we sat here, power was off for awhile.

Several days of clean up work ensued,but they let us out to do necessary things. So we finally headed over on a Sunday to get the last of our things from Armpit Park,just before the 4th of July holiday.

We were exhausted,and hoping the 'Young Legs movers'[not our college friends] who were going to help us out would be there .

Strangely, no one was around except a neighbor ,who was cutting the lawn. We go inside our old abode to get the last of the things out...grousing about how were we going to get our things out now. Extra trips extra cost.

Well we got inside, and the back hall and bathroom floor was flooded. I knew we had shut off the water, from the washer.

I called TxC' back to look,and we spotted the bullet holes at the same time six 22' rifle bullets had been shot thru our back door. One missed the gas furnace literally by inches.

Another, hit the toilet, some went thru the walls. One hit the neighbors trailer across the lot. A family with a dear little girl and a sweet boxer dog. The little ones bedroom was close to where the bullet penetrated.

We called the police, the detective came from church service and brought other police with him. They found seven shotgun shells, six bullet holes.

When the police showed up,little grandma at the Banshee house trailer, suddenly called the kids out of the little swim pool they were relaxing in [we suspect they were related to the Banshee family kids],and 'took them to church',in the van, in their wet clothes.

The day new neighbor friend and I and, were to go and get more stuff out to bring here, the day of the storm

... -Grandmas' Little Gun-Slingers-..., decided they needed more excitement than the illegal Roman Candles they had been playing with. Nobody was around so they wanted to see how far the bullets would fly.

After all, wasn't it just an abandoned trailer? These toe kids a 16 and a 14 year old just wanted some excitement.. the police were supposed to call us,for the sentencing,but they didn't.

Former Landlord, said that '-Grandmas Little Gun-slingers -' were going to have to do a lot of lawn-mowing for a few summers to pay for the damages.

We thank God,that neighbor and I hadn't gone to the trailer,any one who'd gone to use the restroom would be dead.

And we are thankful that the family across the lot wasn't injured or worse when the bullet went thru' our trailer into theirs.

And so we were moved, in here,little knowing what would happen next... more job loss, more surgery,more family deaths, wildfire and 13 leaks.

Now I've skipped about, still lots of things that happened... but this is just part of why we are stuck here,w/ next to nothing for money...

Gotta rest but I'll be back w/ more of our saga! It's no wonder we cannot get well,teen-aged gun-slingers, water leaks,wildfires and mudslides...OY.

Jus' Silverwolfi here.

[ 01-25-2012, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Silverwolfi!!!! What about Wild West meets Armpit park??????

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< aperture >>>>> sorry I type slow,and lots to type about...see above for : the case of....

Wild West meets Armpit park..or the Case of Grandmas Little Gunslingers.

Longer than I wanted..but there ya go! Sorry, getting sleepy and cannot remember if I explained,that the teen gun-slingers had borrowed the uncles rifle or not?

Just tired Silverwolfi here... [hands are swelling tonight...gotta medicate myself and get to sleepyland].

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just one bump up,for those who wanted to read the story of: Wild West meets Armpit park...

or, Grandmas Little Gunslingers [ 'but Abuela we are still in our swimsuits, and wet... Abuela says: get in the van now Meho, you're going to church ,right now. ] See long reply #7!

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Silverwolfi ... it's high time you see a beautiful rainbow. Yours has been a long & heavy storm!

Praying for you.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< DKat >>>>>,

Thank You so much for the prayers and the tho'ts, rainbows have figured prominently through- out our marriage.

I have had eight surgeries ,and TxCoord has had eleven surgeries and a heart procedure done.Since we got married.

TxC's last three were between May 5th of 2010-and April 11th of 2011 w/ the heart procedure in June 2011.

His heart went arrhythmic in ICU just after his April surgery [ right common Illiac aneurysm ]. It was very frightening but the Lord brought us thru.

There is a lot I have not covered including at least 29 times of having to move. Job advancements,and job losses, Church work, safety issues and so on.

One of my on-line friends used to say " most folk get a few rainstorms..for some reason when a storm hits Silverwolf and TxCoord they get a blizzard.".

August 2011 was one of those blizzards , My Paternal *Aunt died, and we were unable to be at the funeral.

Children playing,started a wildfire above us,and we were waiting to see if we had to evacuate,while we prayed for my cousins.

The day of *her funeral[in Oregon],we found out that TxCoords oldest brother had died [in New England].

Such things often occur that way in our lives. Since 2000 we have lost fifteen family members at least,and a couple of very close friends.

A beautiful rainbow, w/o any flood waters [especially after we had a thirteenth leak Jan.13 this month] would be most welcome.

We try to find humor where we can,and have been privileged to see Gods mercy ,more than once.

So many things have happened, a botched surgery ,I almost died in 1982[the rib resection], a car problem coming back from a church conference in 1987 when suddenly the car steering wouldn't...so many things happened.

But thru Gods grace and mercy, we are still here. I get tired of trying to treat the illnesses, and fighting the financial battles, and weary of the worries when my husbands health fails.

But God does not fail,so we do not give up!!!

I'll be back with more things later...break time for now.

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Wow, you've had some harrowing experiences. Someone is watching out for you guys, especially with the close call with "Grandma's Little gun Slingers". I look forward to the next chapter.

--------------------
aperture

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< aperture >>>>>,

Glad you found the reply and Wild-west story , not sure if it was in #6 or #7... hmm, I seem to be counting about like I edit!

I think God in His grace and mercy,has had our guardian Angels work overtime...

Let me see, there is : 'If I Sneeze,will my head fall off? [That is about TxCoord].

'The Entity at the Fifth floor Window'

Oh yeah another one to: 'I Tho't I was Alone, Where is the Strange Wheezing sound coming from.' [Living in an Old building, Church basement].

Or : 'What does it matter how my name is spelled, there's a fire in the kitchen. Speak to us Fire extinguisher.'.

And : 'It happened at Deer Lodge, The Wheel-bearing that should have eaten an axle...'.

Boy my brain is burping out memories tonight...

Taking a break,be back in tommorrow hopefully.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to say this but perhaps you shouldnt post so much info? This is now.online for the world to see. Just trying to wat h out for you.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< merrygirl >>>>>,

Such things as our Wild-west meets Armpit park, have been in the newspaper and so on,tho' we certainly did not authorize the report.We are explaining what occurred.

I do understand the concern, and TxCoord and I both appreciate it!

Most of what is being spoken of here,has been on net already in one form or another...

Insurance has already been denied me, some Doctors have already refused me as a patient, our home has been broken into,in the past, already.

We have already been ' violated '[my husbands word for i]t, for doing what is right and proper, we've followed the rules and we are law abiding citizens.

And again, I get the concern, my reasoning behind posting is to give explanation for how we ended up being where we are and who we are.ANd how the Lyme and Co's has affected our lives.

Here is My Question then... 'With this being a board for learning about Lyme Disease and Co's and its effects on our lives, with this being support for each other, and a public board...

---Do we then sit silently only reading basic info,not even signing in because Big Brother as we know is watching???

If we sign in,then we are automatically a target are we not??? Because we ask questions and share tho'ts and concerns when the Govt' doesn't really want it talked about???

Do we give up, and stay in a room somewhere afraid to speak ,afraid of every shadow???

Not trying to be ornery or bullheaded here, My style of writing is perhaps rough unedited stream of consciousness. My hope is that someone may be helped by what TxC' and I have lived thru.

I am not sure of what the answer is...

Again, we do appreciate the concern,and that You and others care... Where tho' do we draw the line in the sand...

I will think on this, maybe someone has some tho'ts and ideas that will help??!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Have to say a bit more:

Okay, read the 'Big Brother is watching 'thread...

Far more than the bits of info' we have already put up here,is known.

We're fairly well certain that our computer is already 'slaved and key-logged'.

We have had bank accounts accessed w/o our permission,or the banks.

We've had phone lines messed with, and yes it was fact.

I hope none of y'all must walk the path we've had to walk.

We've had paychecks held, costing us serious issues,and almost costing TxCoord his job,through no fault of ours.

We have lost homes and jobs for doing what is right, being fair and being a team player.

Again I do understand the concerns, I am not practicing medicine,I am not downing anyone. I am telling our story of the true events that have happened.

I will study on how to tell our story,w/my lack of editing skills,in a helpful manor.

But this is the only place TxC' and I can discuss Lyme disease and it's ongoing effects on out lives...

Should we all muzzle ourselves,and bind our hands and not say what has happened to us...

Needed to get this out...will come back in tomorrow... please understand,there is much that has happened to us,that we do not speak of.

I am a human, TxCoord is human, we are not perfect, but we do try to do what is right and proper.

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOOOOOOVE this thread. I get to read a little bit each night. It's like a serialized novel, except it's a memoir.

I'm going to be so sad when it ends...

Sniff, sniff...I'm sad already.

Be sure you print it out, so it exists in places other than Lymenet and a hard drive. You never know what might happen.

Aren't there Journal sites that store stuff in the cloud? I have one on my iPhone. It's cool, but very difficult to type your journal on an iPhone.

However, it does prevent one from being long-winded.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

I agree with Boxermom. Although your writings come from alot of pain that you have lived through, your colorful descriptions make it an adventure story, leaving the reader wanting to know "what happens next?".

--------------------
aperture

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasnt trying to upset you
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< BoxerMom, aperture, and merrygirl >>>>>,

First <<<<< merrygirl >>>>>, extra hugs,it is not you that upset me! I recognize the sincere concern in your replies!

It is upsetting to me,that we must be overly cautious, because of fear, fear of what can truly happen to us and those we care about if we say too much.

I was,and my husband was,forced to be silent, in the face of much abuse from the time we were babes.

I was made to feel stupid for a learning disability w/ math, And an inability to edit properly, I was too verbose/ said-wrote to much, too long,, my hand writing/penmanship was lousy.

I was and am clumsy, never considered graceful. I was removed from Gym classes because I injured too easily. Before I was removed from Gym classes I was singled out and made fun of.

Now I know [as of Summer '06], that from a young age, perhaps even from Birth,I had Lyme Disease and Co's .

I had several miscarriages before,we finally gave in,and had me have a Hysterectomy to prevent on going hemorrhages that could have killed me.

What upsets and angers me, is I am far from the only person w/ this or a similar sad tale.

What angers and upsets me,is that there are those who know the causes,and a govt. who lies too us, and about us, and makes us out to be 'crazy bug-a-phobics just seeking attention.
-------- ------ ------- ------- -------- ------

Boxer Mom, I hope this becomes the beginning of the book TxCoord and I have talked of writing for several years. It would be open ended as I'm not sure that this ever 'ends'!

We do need to save and print it out,for later use...good idea! I write poetry now and again,and have lost some,

when I sent it off into internet boards w/o copying it for myself first.[ I cannot remember most of the poetry I write ...too many brain burps].

I have wondered about doing some sort of blog/journal site, or similar idea,tho' that is even more public than LymeNet. TxCoord and I want our life story to help and inspire others!
------- ------- -------- -------- -------- -------
Even when we are ill, maybe bed fast,or wheelchair bound, or when they say we are crazy/schizo or whatever label is hung on us... Please, Do Not Give Up... Do not Give In!!!

Hmmm,...Am I long winded...LOL [Big Grin] , Some of my friends have been known to call me Empress Princess Never Shuts up!!!

[ I have a speech Impediment...I have to breathe!

No disrespect intended to those w/ speech problems, I have a relative who has had stuttering issues since before I was born,.

ANd I have been hit w/ inability to move or speak, a number of times. which can be very frightening [aphasia ?].].

Between TxCoord and I ,we will try to find away to keep this memoir going!
------ ------- ------- ------- -------- ------- --
Aperture, believe me,life with TxCoord is always and adventure LOL !!!...And if the reader wants to know what happens next, if it lightens another's load for a bit,if it helps someone not give up...then it is worth it !!!

I so greatly appreciate each reply, and I wish I could edit for more clarity and concision. perhaps thru this I can learn some pointers.

TxC' is going to help me save what we have here so far,in awhile.

I welcome input/replies ,and hope that our story,our struggles of of help. Good Critique, is always helpful .
-------- ------- ------- ------ ------ ------ ----
We appreciate, LymeNet and each person who makes up this set of Boards,and are striving to follow the rules and regulations .

Tho't of two more adventures :

'Just how Heavy is that Concussion giving Cat?!' And ...

Give it Three days,the Knee will be as Good as NEW...Five weeks later...

I am thinking about relating:" What is that Strange Wheezing Noise,I tho't I was alone',

and 'Speak to us Fire Extinguisher, What Does it Matter how You spell My Name,the Kitchen is on fire..." next.

They occurred while we were staying in the same Historical building.

I will try to keep the paragraphs broken up,and keep reply sizes somewhat smaller, please be patient with me/us.
------ ------ ------- ------ ------- ------- -----
If this needs to go to 'OFF Topic, that is fine, tho' it is a Chronicle of what has and is happening, to a Couple facing the challenges of Lyme Disease and other health concerns daily.

Gotta take a break, perhaps run some errands for TxCoords VA medical appt. trip next week.

BBL Jus' that Silverwolf and *TxCoord,

*who may share later,about a Very Special trip we took to New York in March 2006 [we are not rich,we struggle financially, but we were richly blessed and have many wonderful memories!!!].

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Oh Dear ,

Long-winded Silverwolfi, Empress-Princess Never Shuts Up, has been active again... [bonk]

I really am trying to work on editing...at least I know why it is so difficult for me,now!!!

To all who are reading this,thanks so very much for your patience!!!

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

The next installment:

-Well, I tho't I was alone, what is that Strange Wheezing Noise ???-

It was the beginning of the 1990's, and we found ourselves moving into the church basement,to save money.

The Pastor we were to partner with had left in disgrace, and we were discouraged and saddened for his family ,but did not want our little church to cease existence.

So as TxC' was a licensed Minster in good standing, we took on the challenge. We were having 30 or so folk coming to service, some from an hour away.

TxC' was now working in the prison system, usually at night,as a corrections officer.

We made our 'apartment' in the basement, in two adjoining rooms,and there was a shower in the mens room[and my choice of 3 toilets in the ladies].And a nice kitchen and 'fellowship hall just around the corner from our 'apartment'.

Our church was in an old historic law library, it was good sized and even had a small balcony, overlooking the main floor sanctuary.

We were situated at the edge of a really nice park,in Northern Idaho. But that had it's drawbacks as well as its perks [with darkness, came drug addicts,yep Idaho has it's share].

We had some good security lights at the entries , and tried to keep the building up. In the first couple days we lived there, TxCoord had found a sweet little blue eyed puppy dog.

We had our beautiful Elkhound-Shepherd-Husky mix as well,and a convenient backdoor area w/ a bit of lawn, we could claim.

So off TxCoord goes to his Prison work that night, an hour away, not to return 'til about 8:30 a.m.

I take Elkhound and little pup out back w/ security lights on, for their break,and the we head back inside carefully locking up behind us.

Down the hall we go, into the 'apartment' living area for an evening of TV ,before I went to attempt to sleep.

After a bit, li'l blue eyes got to whining, so I take Elkhound with and we have another break outside. It is getting cold, more so that expected for later summer evening.

From the cold air,it becomes my time,for a 'break'. I get the dogs in,put pup in the pen w/ her toys in a corner of the 'living room'.

Off I go to down hall toward the restroom and the stairway up to sanctuary. Suddenly I hear a strange wheezing sound that seems to be coming from near the stairway.

No one is supposed to be here, now I really have to go to the restroom. Back to the rooms I go, and I get Elkhound to accompany me. I lock the doors to the rooms.

I go to the ladies room, checking carefully around. Elkhound Buddy ,trotting along beside me,Nothing unusual there thank goodness.

I keep hearing the wheezing, and knowing I am nervous, Elkhound, sniffs and growls real low like.

We check the mens room, thank goodness nothing but sinks toilets and so on!!!

I keep hearing it near the stairs wheeze huh- huh-huhuhf ...wheeze, back down the hall Doggy and I go.

I check the main entrances to teh basement,and any accessable windows...all locked nothing abnormal.

So we go back toward the restrooms, and the wheezing is louder... like someone having trouble breathing. Praying,and determined not to be a chicken...I go up the stairs turning lights on as I go.

I unlock the door and get into the main sanctuary, all is fine, doggy pads along behind me. I check the offices,and the entryways,nothing all secure.

The balcony is all fine and secure,so I head back downstairs,after turning off all but security lights ,faithful Elkhound padding along, he doesn't like the sounds either.

I stop half way down the stairs to check the window there ,it is secure but suddenly there is a strange whoosh slap, and wheeze-wheeze huh-huh-huff wheeze...

only the stairway window is wet, and it is not raining out...slap woosh wheeze wheeze huh-huh-huhf.

Dog beside me,and,needing the restroom again, I peer thru the wet window.

Just in time for the whoosh slap wheeze and huh-huhf, about fifteen foot out from our brick walls on the side lawn,...

Was one of the park sprinkler pipes, it had been set a bit off and was slapping the side of the building...making the odd wheezing noises.

After a trip to the restroom,and a quick break out with big and little dogs,I returned to try to sleep.

I put on some music,and Big dog and I stayed together on the couch. For some reason I never did get any sleep that night,and gratefully napped when TxC got home next morning!

I'm sure this is getting long, so stay tuned for the next event at a later time...

-' Talk to me Fire extinguisher...'-

Silverwolfi off to rest!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

The next installment:

-Well, I tho't I was alone, what is that Strange Wheezing Noise ???-

It was the beginning of the 1990's, and we found ourselves moving into the church basement,to save money.

The Pastor we were to partner with had left in disgrace, and we were discouraged and saddened for his family ,but did not want our little church to cease existence.

So as TxC' was a licensed Minster in good standing, we took on the challenge. We were having 30 or so folk coming to service, some from an hour away.

TxC' was now working in the prison system, usually at night,as a corrections officer.

We made our 'apartment' in the basement, in two adjoining rooms,and there was a shower in the mens room[and my choice of 3 toilets in the ladies].And a nice kitchen and 'fellowship hall just around the corner from our 'apartment'.

Our church was in an old historic law library, it was good sized and even had a small balcony, overlooking the main floor sanctuary.

We were situated at the edge of a really nice park,in Northern Idaho. But that had it's drawbacks as well as its perks [with darkness, came drug addicts,yep Idaho has it's share].

We had some good security lights at the entries , and tried to keep the building up. In the first couple days we lived there, TxCoord had found a sweet little blue eyed puppy dog.

We had our beautiful Elkhound-Shepherd-Husky mix as well,and a convenient backdoor area w/ a bit of lawn, we could claim.

So off TxCoord goes to his Prison work that night, an hour away, not to return 'til about 8:30 a.m.

I take Elkhound and little pup out back w/ security lights on, for their break,and the we head back inside carefully locking up behind us.

Down the hall we go, into the 'apartment' living area for an evening of TV ,before I went to attempt to sleep.

After a bit, li'l blue eyes got to whining, so I take Elkhound with and we have another break outside. It is getting cold, more so that expected for later summer evening.

From the cold air,it becomes my time,for a 'break'. I get the dogs in,put pup in the pen w/ her toys in a corner of the 'living room'.

Off I go to down hall toward the restroom and the stairway up to sanctuary. Suddenly I hear a strange wheezing sound that seems to be coming from near the stairway.

No one is supposed to be here, now I really have to go to the restroom. Back to the rooms I go, and I get Elkhound to accompany me. I lock the doors to the rooms.

I go to the ladies room, checking carefully around. Elkhound Buddy ,trotting along beside me,Nothing unusual there thank goodness.

I keep hearing the wheezing, and knowing I am nervous, Elkhound, sniffs and growls real low like.

We check the mens room, thank goodness nothing but sinks toilets and so on!!!

I keep hearing it near the stairs wheeze huh- huh-huhuhf ...wheeze, back down the hall Doggy and I go.

I check the main entrances to teh basement,and any accessible windows...all locked nothing abnormal.

So we go back toward the restrooms, and the wheezing is louder... like someone having trouble breathing. Praying,and determined not to be a chicken...I go up the stairs turning lights on as I go.

I unlock the door and get into the main sanctuary, all is fine, doggy pads along behind me. I check the offices,and the entryways,nothing all secure.

The balcony is all fine and secure,so I head back downstairs,after turning off all but security lights ,faithful Elkhound padding along, he doesn't like the sounds either.

I stop half way down the stairs to check the window there ,it is secure but suddenly there is a strange whoosh slap, and wheeze-wheeze huh-huh-huff wheeze...

only the stairway window is wet, and it is not raining out...slap woosh wheeze wheeze huh-huh-huhf.

Dog beside me,and,needing the restroom again, I peer thru the wet window...

Just in time for the whoosh slap wheeze and huh-huhf, about fifteen foot out from our brick walls on the side lawn,...

Was one of the park sprinkler pipes, it had been set a bit off and the water was slapping the side of the building...making the odd wheezing noises.

After a trip to the restroom,and a quick break out with big and little dogs,I returned to try to sleep.

I put on some music,and Big dog and I stayed together on the couch. For some reason I never did get any sleep that night,and gratefully napped when TxC got home next morning!

I'm sure this is getting long, so stay tuned for the next event at a later time...

-' Talk to me Fire extinguisher...'-

Silverwolfi off to rest!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Silverwolfi, you scared me to death. I was reading and my heart was racing, then....it was the sprinkler!!! Way to build up the anticipation! I tell you, this needs to be an adventure book.

...until the next installment [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait until the next installment!! I was on the edge of my seat with the last one.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< aperture, kidsgotlyme , and any other readers too >>>>>,

Welcome, [and please remember, these are the events that over time shaped us, and brought us finally to the Lyme and Co's DX'for me ].

A few months had gone by, our little church was going fairly well, TxCoord was doing well at work and so on. I was a bit down because I just could not get any energy.

I put on a happy smile, determined to get thru and be of help to others.

Some of the little children we worked with[ I was doing a childrens church],were drop offs, Momma wants some free time,so church is a good place to leave the kids.

Sometimes, some of the little ones came barefoot in freezing weather, I remember thinking, this should not be...this is America!

We had a small blessing closet, with a bit of donated clothing coats,shoes and so on...so we tried to find something for the barefoot ones ,and a snack.

One of those quiet evening at home times [which can be rare in ministry], being sort of 'Techno geeks' TxCoord and I were quite excited...

the first episode of Star Trek New Generation [STNG] was airing on TV [we've both been Trekkors since before we met each other]. Not having much finances, we couldn't go out to eat very often so

we celebrated at home' in the church basement apartment. STNG premier was big doin's for us.

TxCoord, is quite the good cook,and he decided to make fried chicken, green beans,and mashed potato buds w/ butter.

Simple fare but very tasty with a bit of seasoned goodness,and a nice juice to drink w/our supper.

The range top was relatively nice,but had one burner that hadn't been working right. While the partner pastor had still been w/us,

a group of energetic young folk from a church of the same denomination had driven a good days journey to come and help us repaint, inside and out.

Before we had come down, things had been closed for awhile, and it needed repairing and repainting here and there.When the youth group was done, our church looked wonderful!!!

They has suggested someone should come in to do repair on the burner. We were later assured that it had been taken care of...then pastor partner left in a disgrace a sad mess.

We did not usually use all the burners [ often things were hurried and it was just microwave the meal and off to work or Bible studies, fun nights and so on.]

, but this night we had all the electric burners fired up. All seemed to be in good working order so we relaxed and settled down to watch the new STNG.

TxC' had the chicken cooking,veggies on, water heating for the potato buds, and the aroma made my mouth water.

First ad sequence, and I am off to the restrooms down the hall [ I have to do that a lot... at least I know why now...].

As I stepped out into the hall, I could see a strange light bouncing around the beautifully painted walls... the sun was not at the angle for that...so odd.

We had some windows that the sun shone thru at certain times of day ,

if we had the curtaining open. Tho' most of them were high up, it made our church basement seem light and not dungeon like.

I was going to head down the hall the other way to the restroom ,but a strange crackling cellophane sound stopped me in my tracks...

Okay...sparkly light on the walls... crackling crinkling cellophane noises ...

Oh, I should explain about 'Trekkors' verses 'Trekkies' before I forget. We Trekkors love Star Trek, and enjoy it for it's though provoking ideas.

But now, Trekkies really believe Spock is up there...'beam me up Scotty'.

Okay, remember, we were watching Science fiction STNG premier... 'where are those lights coming from such an odd sounds...' I think to myself.

The Kitchen and fellowship dining area was around the corner from our rooms, a bit down hall...

'Txcoord , there are strange lights flickering out here...and strange crinkle crackle noises...'.

We both take off running for the kitchen, I still haven't used the restroom...

There's a small shop outside, that abuts the kitchen wall, there had been an ongoing project from some young boys who came to church...

They were learning to repair lawnmowers, many of them...in various stages, some with fuel in them and so on.

Above the kitchen ,upstairs, was the main offices, hymnal and music storage, extra Bibles, counseling books, college books,...and years of paper work and records.

We got around to the kitchen out of breath, and what we saw sent me running to the nearest phone...back down the hallway...

Oh dear hang on... have an errand to run and will be back in a bit...
Posting this part so it doesn't get overlong...

Silverwolfi... BB shortly...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Alrighty, I am back now, after taking care of some errands...

As we rounded the corner and got to the kitchen, we see flames leaping up to the ceiling.

Oh my gosh, it's on fire... so I hit the nearest phone in the hall trying to remember the church address, calling for the fire department.

As I am running, TxCoord has grabbed the fire extinguisher and I hear him say : "...Okay fire extinguisher, talk to me...what are you good for...tell me...".

I am calling back over my shoulder... 'Just point it and spray...quick do it now... ". as I am dialing 911.

"Yes, I need to report a fire, please hurry we're at **** West *... at the corner of ******** park . ...My name it is '*wolfi*-...really you want to know how to spell that...NOW...please the fire... yeah...'W-O-L-F-I ...Please, please hurry.

Calmly dispatch says "... yes Ma'am they are on their way, please stay on the line. By now smoke is roiling about... and I am like...I need to get outside.

[of course they don't want you to further oxgenate the flames either...].

I've already got a door open and just as TxCoord says '... I got the fire put out finally!! '... the firemen arrive, and hack into the wall with axes...while others swarm up stairs to make sure it is not spreading thru the walls and up.

It was only a few minutes..some of the longest few minutes in our lives.

The fire crew set up huge fans and opened doors to suck the smoke and mess out,and bring in fresh air.

They got us outside ,and I was a bit freaked about it all...I wandered back in to check on our dogs...

they politely directed me back outside, Explaining that the dogs were nervous but were fine...and I should stay in teh fresh air for a bit.

STNG premier was over,most of dinner was ruined, the coating burned off the Corelle-ware plate,and most of the chicken was burned.

We had gotten a bit of chicken before, and some potatoes and veggies, so we'd had at least some dinner[and our room doors were shut]. The smoke finally cleared,and I finally got to go to the restroom.

We cleaned up the worst of the mess, TxCoord had turned the burner down... but the burner stayed on ...on high.

It seemed suspicious to us...but we never found out any ruling about it. Insurance did an assesment,and sent repair folk, and we tried to settle in again.

We never really knew what happened, tho' it was mentioned that the burner knob was set to the -Low- setting,and should never have gone to -High- setting'. Something off in the electrics?!!

As I said,I believe God in his mercy keeps our angels working overtime.

Sometimes a really quiet boring day is a delight !!! [Smile]

Jus' Silverwolfi... here w/ our Busy Angels

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

I hear ya Silverwolfi..."a really quiet boring day is a delight". My husband's had so many ER visits these past few months before we knew what was wrong. So, now, any regular day with no ER visit is a good day.

You guys do have guardian angels watching over you. Too many close calls to just be coincidence [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey <<<<< aperture >>>>>,

So sorry to hear that your hubby has had to go to ER so often, but glad you are finding out what is wrong !! Hopes, and prayers, for successful treatment going up!!!

I am hoping for some really 'quiet and boring' trips to VA medical appointments, between February and April. We have five coming up and four are out of state,and into a high traffic area.

Our Angels are generally busy during these travels...and I am so grateful for Gods mercy!!!

I am trying to decide, which adventure to describe next... [Smile] !!! So many things have happened,often w/ a sad note, but we continue to ask the Lord for his peace,and much needed joy.

A merry heart does good like medicine... so we all need the fun times too!!!

BBL it's Jus' Silverwolfi here!

PS ... Hmm, Should I do : Just How Heavy is That Concussion Giving Cat? The Case of the Very Large and Playful Cat !![ early 2000's],

Or,... I Have Become a Bobble Head, Against My Wishes, and First Aid Trained TxCoord is Dancing n Dithering at the Foot of The Bed ...'Uh What'do'I Do...Wah'do'i'do ??? [ Sometimes an Emergency can make us forgetful,this was early mid '90's still in Church Basement apartment].

BBL [Smile]

[ 01-29-2012, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

silverwolf, You should write a book. I like your style as it feels like I'm right there in the excitement.

Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to the cat chapter.... [Razz]

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Dkat >>>>>,

Thank you, I am glad the story is being enjoyed!

And,seriously, I do hope that it will be of help to others!
------
Cat Chapter it is :

Just How Heavy is that Concussion Giving Cat? The Case of the Very Large and Playful Cat ! [w/ a 'pre-chapter' on kittys papa] [Big Grin]

To properly tell this story, I must begin with the story of Luciano the rescued 'Devil Cat'.
Now 'Devil Cat' is not our description but an Animal Control Officer description.

We did not consider our Luciano Cat a 'devil cat' ,altho' you daren't take a nap with out him being properly, carefully,

and safely put in his sleepy-bye-hide-y-hole behind a firmly shut door, once he became an adult.

We didn't have a carrier at the time, and he enjoyed climbing into a closet area with a soft blanky waiting to spring out when anyone happened into the room!

It was a spare room, with lots of space, he had his potty box,and water and food bowl, and a couple toys.

Now we tho't, being animal lovers, dogs and cats both, that we could handle a cute little 'barnyard-alley cat'.

When we got the little thing, he was so adorable. He was only three weeks old, the momma barely more than a kitten herself, had gone a-hunting.

We'd been living in a small community nestled in the hills, most of the folk being farmers and ranchers. And a neighbor saw a couple wild Toms eyeing the kitten nest, located under an abandoned house.

They'd have made short work of six little kittens without intervention. We were without a cat at the time,having lost our Siamese mix, Sishy the tease, to a neighbors dog who didn't appreciate being teased.

Neighbor told us about the kittens, being kept safe in her home,w/ a porch basket for the little momma. So we picked out a cute little stripey all gray and black and white.

Our li'l three week old fella got his name, when we brought him some KMR [Kitten Milk Replacement ] in a little doll bottle.

Meoworr-roeroroeroeorwoorr-meoworrrororororoww, a good ninety seconds of er...caterwauling. This would go on every time the little fella got hungry,bored, lonesome,or needed a potty break.

Well he grew like kittens do, never really got super big, just stayed cute,and noisy. But there was a secret. Little Luciano's [named after Pavarotti] papa was part Bobcat or Lynx.

Our furry baby had tufted ears, and interesting 'fangs'. Animal control,and local farmers explained to us later, that this is somewhat common in the hills of the Rockies [elevation aprox. 6,000 ft.].

One local rancher,went out to his barn ,one morning,a couple years before we lived up there,and found a lynx asleep in the barn.

Hadn't bothered the cattle or horses, tho' they were all a bundle of nerves. The big wildcat looked at the rancher, yawned,and padded off up the road.

Luciano's smaller size makes me think he was probably part Bobcat with a recessive gene. We and our pets ended up moving to another town , because of TxCoords new job.
------ ------ ------- -------- ------- ------- --
For several more years, we would drive up to the Church in the hills, to work w/ the Rocky Flock Church,about an hour from the home we were now renting.

As Luciano got more mature and mischievous, he also got aggressive. If you napped in the TV den, a nice basement area at the rental...you'd wake up w/ Lucianos' teeth -in- your neck.

He could be very very affectionate,... ''but buster... ya best pay attention,cause his love nips were dangerous...'',

TxCoord decided,wisely, to get Luciano to the vet for neutering. A sweet little Marmalade orange stripe Kitty with beautiful emerald green eyes had started to come calling at our den windows.

She was a beautiful longer furred little thing, And we were worried and rightly so. Luciano had discovered a basement window he could get out of.

He was usually pretty good about coming if called,and we tried to keep him, out of mischief. The morning of his Vet Appointment, Luciano had disappeared. And of course so had the beautiful Miss Maramalade.

We felt just awful, and so disappointed , Luciano was such a cool cat!!! Nor had we any wish to add to the growing problem of stray cats.

After looking and looking, we called the vet, explained and canceled. Hoping our lost boy would come home. We never saw him again.
----- -------- ------ --------- ------- ------- --

About two months later, a set of adorable kittens showed up at the local Walmart parking lot, free to good homes w/ a small bag of food thrown in. [Aren't most all baby animals adorable, LOL].

And 'please donate pocket change', Momma is getting fixed right soon. Well our Luciano had had some unusual markings on his face, and the kittens looked just like him.

There were three left, we took two of them, and from the start our sweet babies were characters. 'Burni' was the bigger of the two and male, and 'Alina' his sister,was just a bit smaller and longer furred.

They both were striped like Luciano, but 'Alina' had some orange mixed in to the black and gray and white striping.

Here I will post and start a new reply, for lengths sake...

Coming right back... Silverwolfi telling true tales.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

How sweet that you were able to get Luciano's kittens [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Onward with the story:

'Alina' ,was a sweet little girl and we got her to a vet at a fairly young age yet, to be spayed.
She was a gentle little kitty,and very loving!

Her main problem was that she wanted only papa TxCoord to change her box. And if it was not done properly and promptly...well lets just say we had to replace TxCoords pillow.

Moving time again, we found a home that we
tho't would be ours 'til God called us heavenward.
We got our things packed, and started moving,it was several blocks away,but I managed to carry a few things over.

We got settled with some friends help,and got the growing kittens safely into a room we could close off,while they got used to things. They took to the move quite well.

We had acquired a beautiful dog [ our Sweety Girl she is now 10 and a half:) ] that is another story for later, but she loved the kittens.And they seemed to think of her as a foster mom,so adorable.

'Alina', took after her as we supposed,daddy- Luciano, and stayed fairly small. She was sweet and cuddly with us...but didn't like strangers.

'Burni', started to grow,and grow and grow... I finally said TxC', the cats want to go outside, I'm a bit worried about that. Should we get Burni fixed now? Alina did so well w/ her spaying.

[ 'Burni' and 'Alina' ,names loosely based on the comedy team of Burns and Allen].

Here I must back track... Oops-a-lala brain burps...

A few weeks before we moved from the split level rental, where we lost Luciano, and into our 90 year old home...

Our 'Burni' was to try some Acrobatics ,with startling results... A friend had called with some inter-faith community sing ideas.

TxC' was upstairs on one phone, and I was in the basement den on the other phone. And we were just discussing away.

I had put a couple of padded wooden poles up in the den, as a sort of 'architectural element'.
They were actually from an old water bed... and not nailed in, because we were in a rental, and didn't want any damage charges.

They wedged into the lower roof pretty well, and I tho't made a nice decorative statement. Well 'Burni' liked them too.

He used to climb the pole near the phone which sat on a nice little cart, but we'd had to stop him as he was still growing,and we didn't want him or our things broken.

Now 'Alina' didn't really like the poles. 'Burni' had knocked down a papier marche mask once which scared her...

[ I kept the mask after re-working the designs on it...it is now called Kitty Dent,for the small dent on the nose.].

Burni' had never climbed on the den entry post, by our tall book shelf, behind where we usually sat and talked on the phone.

Suddenly, as we were talking on the phones,I felt a sharp thump across the left side of my neck and back of head.

And one very startled nine and a half lb. half grown kitten named 'Burni' was sailing over my shoulder [we'd weighed him a couple days before.

I hollered...Ouch... our friend chuckled as I told them and TxC' what 'Burni' had done. I got off the phone,to make sure I was not bleeding and Kitty was okay.

'Burni' looked at me with big kitty eyes... as if to say 'Well mom,you never said I couldn't climb on the back post...'.

I checked him over,and he seemed okay, both kittens, of course ,needed comforting after that wild scene.

I got some Tylenol,and went to sit in my favorite chair, thinking everything was okay,except for a headache.

Wooden posts,even with a bit of foam padding and brown material...are still darn hard if you get hit in the head. The post broke...well we wouldn't be using it on any water beds again..so out it went.

TxC' and I belonged to a Internet Community, We discussed books, life in general,and all sorts of topics.

Next morning, my neck was really stiff,and my head still hurt. We had breakfast,and TxC' headed off to work. I had been Dx'ed w/ CFIDS/FMS a few years before,

and I remember thinking,that maybe that bump on the head was setting things off more than usual. Breakfast wasn't sitting very well,and I just felt off.

I logged in on the discussion board, and things didn't look right... the words seemed jumpy,and my thread 'disappeared'.

I was trying to explain, what had happened, reaching for words...that wouldn't come. An internet friend, calmly asked me, if I had had a recent head injury.

Well yeah, the cat knocked a post over and it hit my head. 'Silverwolf' They said, get off the computer [ it was the old dial-up] and call TxCoord... you need to go to a doctor...we believe you had a concussion.

As it turned out they were correct,and w/ ice bags/ rice buddy heat , and the help of muscle relaxants and pain meds. I was on the road to an almost recovery.

The first time we saw our 'new home', was the day after the Doctors appointment. I could not go down the basement stairs as I was too dizzy.

We got 'Burni' into the Vet soon after that, he went thru his neutering very well... and Burni the Nine lb. Cat was finally stopping his growth spurt at 10 lbs.

He was always a mellow cat... who happened to like to spin!!! You could lay him on the semi- slick linoleum floor,and then twirl him round and round. He'd stagger off, come back and beg for more...

Hmm, maybe the concussion affected him too...

'Alina' continued to stay sweet,and cute...just change her box and clean it daily thank you.

A couple years late when we moved to Fallen -Falls to work in the church we had to give the cats up... a fella who does landscaping called us after he adopted them.

Last I heard they were doing quiet well. If they are still here on earth,they'd be getting up there in age now. Their adoptive dad tho't they might be part Maine Coon cat.

We miss them, but Trek learned in 2010 that we can not have cats in our home... he developed a sudden allergy, after his first knee replacement. We had two sweet little kittens we were going to provide a home for.

His Med techs..said those must go NOW, After seeing some very ugly red swollen scratches on his leg,and his sniffly nose and watering eye!!! Local pound adopted one out, right off [called a black or dark tiger stripe?],

we don't know about the other little sweety, but a friend who checked said they did not see the other little kitty so we've hoped for the best.

I've had a couple, three concussions ...not something one wants to collect!!![The last one was OCt. 29th 2011 when I fell.]

This was just a bit more of our story...my apologies on the length tho'...

Hope this is helpful and amusing too...

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< aperture >>>>>,

We felt fortunate to be able to get the two kittens, and so badly that Luciano ran off.

Farmers out here don't care for what they call 'devil cats' so we will probably never know what really happened to Luciano.

Well,off I go to get some clothes put away... BBL...

Jus' that Silverwolfi again!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Silverwolfi, Another great story... ouch You must be tough to just go on with a concussion!

Thanks for the bedtime story.

Looking forward to your next write...

--------------------

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Great story with lots of laughs. I've never heard of a devil cat! Sorry about the concussion(s)-plural [dizzy] . Goodness Gracious!!! I'm beginning to think you have nine lives! [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the stories coming Silverwolf!!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< DKat, aperture, and kidsgotlyme >>>>>,

I had a nice reply all typed out last night and it winked off into the ether before I could post it.

Then we finally got to watch UOS ,thanks for the Hulu link <<<<< aperture >>>>> !!! So glad you posted it on LymeNet!!! This was the first time we got to see it.

Have to get a bit to eat and then take Sweety girl and Little Bit to our groomer angel.
Both fur-babies are having skin problems right now. And the cold windy weather is not helping.

I am glad y'all are enjoying our adventures so far... will BBL later w/ comments and more stories of life with Silverwolf and TxCoord.

Jus' That Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

My next installment will be:

'The Fiddler's on The Roof ,But I'm the One Who Fell', ...or 'Who are those Peasant Players, Wondered Security?'.

First a bit about the concussions, and 'Devil Cats'.

Uhm...no, I don't have nine lives LOL...but I wonder how many Guardian Angels, I've worn out.
I still have blurry vision from the October concussion.

About the 'Devil Cats', I had heard of wolf hybrids and so on [our Sweety Girl Dog is a wolf cross, w/ husky and 'other'.].

So I figure well maybe it happens w/ cats. Didn't know for sure until we got Luciano!!!

I looked up info on the net,and there are some groups,that do or did, intentionally cross lynx w/ domestic cats.

When the owners were not around most were keeping their Cats in special kennels. The pictures I saw were of beautiful animals. Personally I am not sure it is the greatest of ideas.
------ ------- ------ -------- ------ ------- ----
Okay ... onto our story...

Early mid 2000's, before the Lyme and Co's Dx. TxCoord and I became involved w/ a Community based Play/Musical Company.

I was recovering from a strained muscle in my upper leg... Did you know that wild geese and ducks are very heavy?

A friend had gone hunting and left us a surprise on our porch !!!Silly Silverwolfi tho't well it's only a handful of Geese and a couple of ducks.

I can move these to the fenced backyard, so nobody will bother them. We'd had almost a foot of snow on the ground for days,with more coming.

So keeping them chilled until they could be properly cleaned wasn't a big deal. They didn't look very heavy... We-eee-ell,... looks can be deceiving.

Figure ten to twelve lbs. of goose and feathers, and there were five geese, and a couple ducks [maybe six lbs. per duck].Probably 70+ lbs or so of meat and feathers.

Ah ,but I had a deprived childhood dont'cha know, it was a rare treat when I was growing up to be allowed chicken. And that was put on my plate a piece or two at a time.

So, I go get an old sheet,and proceed to put the geese and ducks in it. Why, I'll just take it thru' the house to the back porch.

I got them on the sheet,and yes...I'm a dork, I tried to lift those dead,half frozen birds.
Can we say... OW,OW,OUCH...

well I think I screamed , but TxC' was still at work, and I could not leave the birds out front...

was that neighbors lights coming on? So with dogs wagging their tails at me, and kitties following me thru the house...

I put the birds in the laundry basket one at a time and drug it thru the house to the back porch. No no Sweety girl, sit raw geese are not good for doggies!

'Burni' no, you cannot play in the basket honey kitty. No no, 'Alina' kitty, why do you have mommies nighty? ,drop that!

So after much travail... I finally got the birds all to the back yard porch-swing,and laid the sheet over the hopefully tasty departed.

I had succeeded in getting all five cold dead geese and two ducks stowed 'til TxCoord could clean them later, Without losing any pets in the process

I limped back into the house,and grabbed an ice pack for my upper leg... took some Tylenol and tried not to move too much.

'What is that look for Sweety Girl why didn't you go out and potty while momma was dragging the birds around? Oh I supposed Dobi-doggy [he's a whole 'nother story ]needs out too.' Hobble wince hobble.

Finally I am seated again, w/ a nice cup of coffee wondering if I could wrap my upper leg with something to stop the strange burning.

Later on TxC', got home and cleaned the birds. They really are tasty if cooked proper, unless they've been eating mostly muddy fish [ uh ya don't wanna know LOL].

So a couple weeks after, I am still limping a bit from the pulled muscle,and TxC says. "...You know that Theater group Downtown that does plays?".

'Oh TxC', you mean the one that did the South Pacific play? They were good!!! '

'Yeah, I mean them, Silver' and they are having try outs for Fiddler on the Roof... I am gonna try out for a part.'.

'Well okay, be fun to watch as long as -I- don't have to get up in front of folks and talk...'.
Silly, silly, unsuspecting Silverwolf [shake] [lol] .

TxC' tries out,and comes home all delighted, he's going to be in a play! These are just community folk,who do this after work,and such.

The practices are long, but it is fun, and a good way to get in shape, If one is able to participate.

Well, I get asked to come to a practice,-just to listen mind you-, they are going over various parts, and songs to decide who will do what.

Next thing I know, a song book is in my hand... and the director is saying, we really need extra voices in the choir. Just sing-along- and see what you think.

TxCoord was cast in the part of -Lazar Wolfe-,the desperate for a wife, town butcher.And well I supposed I could sing back up in the choir,and could I say behind the curtains???
------- ----- -------- ------ ------ ------- -----
Seven or so weeks into practice, TxC' and I are helping procure props and such. And I am the town Er...well ... *Extra wife*.

They had had some players get ill,and a group of the school kids had a 'battle of the concert choirs that they suddenly couldn't get out of'. Our Poor producer was not a happy camper.

So I ended up,being the 1.)Innkeepers wife, now quick change , scarf and shawl...hurry,now go sit across from the 2.)beggar for the wedding scene [ That's What comes from Men and Women Dancing].

Oh and you are the second 3.)Sabbath wife for the Sabbath song processional...remember to change to the lace scarf and shawl.

Thank goodness I had very little to remember beside the various songs. And the words 'It was a horse...Mule Horse ...Mule...' [town argument if you've ever seen the play or movie].

It was also my job,to help get part of the props back and forth for various scenes.

And there were no restrooms down stairs [steep wooden steps] in the make-up pit and changing rooms. We were not allowed to go thru the audience seating area

...except in the wedding scene. So we went outside and around the block to get back in the front entry where the restrooms were located.

Which is very interesting,in cold snowy weather,in stage make-up and costuming,to say the least.

Time to start a new reply before this is to long to post... BRB [Smile] !!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Here I am again, yep there's more ...<<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>, Here's hoping this lightens your load a bit!!!

About a week and a half into production, we've just finished the wedding scene, of the eldest daughter who was supposed to marry poor Lazar the Butcher,but instead married the young Tailor for the Town of Anatevka.

Quickly, I was getting the bridal arch [the Hoopah -lace netting,flowers and greenery ]rolled up and stowed off stage , and in a hurry to get downstairs to change costuming for the 'Men and Women Dancing, scene.

I was always concerned, being a klutz,and uncoordinated from the time I was a toddler,so tried to be extra careful especially on steep stairs and in icy areas outside.

Rushing and almost to the little stairway corridor, in the old Historic theater, w/ very narrow areas near the stairs back stage I tripped on a two-by-four brace, for part of the stage backdrops.

Our producer-director,happened to be standing close by, and grabbed me as I plunged toward the brick work pillar, that held up one side of the stage,or I'd probably have had another concussion.

My ankle twisted something fierce,and I hobbled down the stairs tying to hurry,blinking back tears. After all the show must go on...The Plays the Thing...you know!

It was Friday,and Sunday was to be Easter, I somehow finished the play.And was ordered to sit,after being helped downstairs to change.

They went and got TxCoord... we were getting rave reviews as the saying goes, so he had been in the recieving line!

Well, off we went to emergency, both still in costuming, except a heavy dark over-skirt I took off before we left,And we were in stage make-up yet.

So here is TxCoord,with eye make upon...,and I am heavily made up ,in a long skirt and blouse w/ a babushka scarf on my head.

The hospital security was looking at us oddly, and came by the room where we were waiting after I was x-rayed ,...several times...they didn't say anything...just looked in the doorway at us...an walked.

Then in a bit they'd come back again,look and walk away. Maybe they tho't we were run away Russian Romani... [Smile] ?!!!

The doctor came in,and explained that I had a severe mid-foot sprain, and would have to keep off my feet over Easter weekend. Also there was a huge bone-spur on my heel.

Could I still do the play,we had three nights left next week. ' Yes but you must wear a brace on that ankle. And no more moving about than necessary when not on stage.
----- ------ ------- ------- ------ ------ -----
So I spent most of the weekend w/ my foot on a pillow, and sitting quietly. No Sweety dogs, not to near mommas foot. Kitty's, musn't sit on momma right now.

We finished the play the next week, good thing,I had a long over-skirt to hide the bracing.

At the end of the play each night, when TxC' as Lazar Wolfe would come on for cast introductions, he would come hand a coin, to Yenta the matchmaker,and come to take my arm , so wife x's 4.) in all.

It was a blast, and the next year we got to participate in doing the play Oliver... sadly my foot has never healed completely and now I have tendinitis at the injury site.

Lyme disease takes so much from us...but typing this out...helps me remember some wonderful times!!!

It was hilarious to watch the Security guards at eh hospital...watching us!!!

A little secret,... when you are under bright stage lighting...only the first couple of rows of audience are visible. And if you can imagine, how the person you are portraying might have lived,

and what they might like...you can lose yourself in the part and then the story. I'm a chicken-wolfi and it worked for me!!!

Also, a funny moment ,one night during the wedding scene, the young actor playing the groom had his pants split...

of course you stall for time,and sneak the person off stage behind various scenery and such for a quick change.

But what Irony... what hilarity... the Tailor/groom split his pants up the back.

Well Txcoord,has diner ready...so I am off to have my supper...enjoy the story please!

Jus' Silverwolfi remembering!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Such a funny story! Can't wait til the next installment!

I think you've found your calling...Silverwolfi the Storyteller [Smile]

--------------------
aperture

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Silverwolfi the Storyteller,

Thanks again, you had me laughing out loud! What stories you can tell...

I'm looking forward to the next one [hi]

--------------------

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the remarkable thing is - they're all true! I'll share some of mine on another thread another day. But in the meantime - enjoy, laugh and share with others who need an uplift.

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< aperture ,DKat ,TxCoord my Love,and any others who may be enjoying >>>>>,

Hi there again,

Aperture, 'Silverwolf the Storyteller' now that's an apt handle [Smile] !!! Glad you liked the story, TxC and I have been trying to look at the amusing side of things when we are able !!!

DKat, I am glad if my stories can bring a smile, sometimes w/ Lyme and Co's even a sunny bright day seems dull and dreary. it is nice to have some happy moments!!!

TxC', thanks honey, You are quite a remarkable teacher, and I appreciate your support, while wishing that we were both in better health!!!

I've been thinking of some of the dogs we were privileged to have and care for...

Perhaps I should tell of:

'The Adventures of Dobi-doggy,and his whole 'nother story. The Dog We Couldn't Keep [Should have called him Houdini] !! [Mid 2000's]

Or maybe... 'The Fifth Floor Entity... , Please Close the Curtains, Someone is Spying ,... Wolfi' Hon', It's the Meds', We're on the Fifth floor of the Hospital.'[[Early 1980's].

[Fifth floor entity ,we had a sweet little dog, waiting at home ... Wish they'd have let us have our pets at the Hospital.].

We are prepping for travels to TxC's Med' appointment in a couple days, and mentally steeling ourselves. [I don't like high traffic areas...OY].

If I don't get to this today, I'll be back in, in a few days,hopefuly to tell these stories and type up more adventures!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi Storyteller off to do some Laundry!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

No rush Silverwolfi Storyteller. Hope everything goes well at the Dr appt.

--------------------
aperture

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

God bless you with safe travels and every blessing through this appointment!

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< aperture, DKat, and any other readers.

Thanks for the hopes and wishes for safe travel. We made it to SLC and home,tho' it was pretty dark by the time we got back [hard for TxC' with one good eye and one blind].

We were at VA Vision clinic to see what sort of help they might be able to give him, much is slowly relearning and readjusting,But they gave us some good ideas.

And TxCoord will be receiving a few items that help the good eye function up to it's best potential,and also keep it rested.

We'll have a couple three other appointments this month. One is actually a fun matter coming up [Smile] ! But it makes for a busy month, we are grateful that most are local appts. 'til end of month.

We are both sleepy weary, the out of town appointments make for twelve hour days,and occasionally overnighters.

Will be back tomorrow to tell the tale of Dobi doggy and his whole 'nother story!!! Well,once we are awake and alert...

Here's a tho't... if we know what -alarm- is...what's a lert ??! Or,if we know what -alert- is whats a larm ??!

Silly Silverwolfi Storyteller...signing off for tonight... night night 'til tomorrow!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello there <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Just after we acquired 'Burni' and 'Alina' Kitties , at a Walmart parking lot TxCoord had gone shopping and called to tell me he wanted me to see something.

So I got up and dressed,having been tired from not sleeping at all well,this was the late side of the early 2000's ,before the LD and Co's Dx'.

'So where are we going?' I ask, TxC' says...'why back to the Walmart parking lot !'.

We pull up by a parking space, and there's a nice sized cardboard box w/ some adorable little puppies. And a young boy watching over them.

He states : Mama says we have to get a home for these puppies, our other dog just had a puppies too,and there's eight of them !!! Dad says they going to the vet to get fixeded!!!

Having been caught in a similar situation, '...but I was sure kitty/or puppy, wasn't that old yet...how can they be having kittens/puppies especially in a fenced backyard...',

[ in one case we found a hole in the back porch wall where a kitty slept,as to how she had gotten loose ,not 'Burni'or 'Alina'.].

We nod knowingly, and start asking questions, how old are they,what kind are they etc. "...Well there's two left, and they are husky and black lab mix, they're about six weeks old!!! ".

So we choose the little male, having our Sweety girl at home,and being told she'd do well w/ another dog to have as a playmate.

Young Dobi was an adorable little guy, Black and white w/ a little silvery gray. As he grew,and grew...uh'hum... and grew... [dizzy]

... and grew some more he started getting some interesting little spots and speckles on his coat.

Well, we tho't , we were told he was '... husky mix and black lab...' The question of the day was :

Husky and black Lab' mixed with what??? Greyhound??? Great Dane??? Other???

We dutifully took our growing dog in for his neutering and had Sweety Girls spaying done too. Having learned our lesson,and not wanting to add to a burgeoning pet population problem.

Dobi dog was intelligent, he had that I know what you mean but I don'wanna attitude. We got to read a book called ?' Don't Shoot the Dog '? I believe the title to be.

I did an experiment w/ Dobi' to teach him not to bark incessantly . A light colored sheet of paper with a large darkened in circle,and a small clicker noise maker.

Soon we could hang the paper w/ the big dot, where he could see it, a couple of clicker pops and he would stop barking...soon just hanging the paper up and he wouldn't bark w/o good reason.

We tried all sorts of things to help him be a good well adjusted dog. And our Sweety girl loved him to pieces!

Strangely,he would often choose not to mind,always at inoppurtune moments. Then suddenly he'd decide he wished to behave for an hour or two.

By the time,he was 18 months,he'd accidently hurt Sweety girls hip, as she tried to take care of her business. He was being playful,but knocked her right over,and at her at about 70' lbs. then.

Dobi dog, almost pulled my shoulder out of socket one day. I had been trying to teach him to get in the car.

He'd ignore me: '...mommy... slurp kiss...,I wuvs you...but I'm'a go over here by the Rose bush and Yucca!!!' [Anyone who loves dogs knows that look and action.] Never mind I was on the other end of that leash.

The day in question,he suddenly decided after veering off, he was going to get into the car...with a yank my arm and shoulder was thru the frame area of the car between front and back door.

Dobi was in the seat, wagging his tail,..' I've done what Mommy asked... such a good boy am I...!' I was gasping from pain trying to extract myself from dog,leash and car frame.[That shoulder is still messed up].

I turned over Dobi dogs training to TxCoord,who had worked w/ military police dogs. After he had an injury and couldn't get our rascal to mind. We realized we had to do something.

One day, I looked out in the pet yard,and Dobi had what I tho't was an old fur rug carrying it proudly about. I ran out on the back deck, wondering what he had found and how!

Dangling from his mouth, and soaking wet, blinking at me... was our gentle giant of a kitty Burni'.

'... Dobi'Dog... spit that kitty out...RIGHT NOW!!! ' I shouted. Dobi looked at me with a ' 'boy, a fella can't have any fun can he,' look and complied. Waging his tail,well actually his whole body.

He bounded up to the gate, and Burni' shuddered,and stood up walking almost daintily for an oversized ten lb. cat. Poor Burni's fur was one matted drool-wad . And he was not a happy kitty.

Not being one to hold a grudge tho',he cuddled up to Dobi-dog just long enough to rub noses. Then stalked off to repair his fur .I had to giggle at his little wrinkled up puss nose poor baby.

It was time for a discussion...during which TxC' explained that he knew we had to do something. Dobi had discovered the electric windows,and the button to open them with.

TxC' had recently taken the dogs riding...to suddenly discover cold air coming from the back windows. Dobi tho't this was delightful. 'Why we can open the windows all by ourself now Papa'.HahHahHah, wig wag wig wag!!!

Of Course, TxC' had hurriedly made sure the dogs were not hanging out the windows and applied the child safety locks to the windows and doors.

So we began to check with our vet,and various others to see what we could do.The situation was perplexing.

Next time...-Dobis whole 'nother story- Part II !!!

I hope that this brings some lightness and a smile to y'alls day!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Jus' that Silverwolfi Storyteller... at it again!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Welcome back Silverwolfi Storyteller! Glad you guys had a good trip.

Dobis one smart dog! Can't wait for Part II!

--------------------
aperture

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< aperture, and anyone else who may be reading! >>>>>,

Thanks for the welcome back ,still tired from the trip.

Will get back to Dobi dog and Part II here after a bit.

Part of the frustration w/ that lovable mutt was that he was so intelligent, but did not want to mind us, except on his terms.

Gotta get my day going...already lunch time..OY! BB in a Bit [is that BBiab ?]

Jus'Silverwolfi Storyteller here

[ 02-04-2012, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< All Lyme Family Folk Who Follow These Stories >>>>>,

Hope they're bringing a smile and some fun to you!!!

Here is Dobi Dog,s Story Part II:

or: Dobi Dog's Whole 'Nother Story !

Dobi dog had reached over a year and a half old, somehow ,having learned to climb up shelves, and to try to fit thru tiny small holes ,invariably getting stuck.

We had interesting times extracting him from places, kennel roof [indoors], fences and so on,as he kept growing. Sometimes he managed to squeeze thru some really tiny places.

I don't think he wanted to be ornery...he just wanted to see what was over there,or up there or down somewhere else.

Once we came home and he had finessed his way out of his kennel,and up some shelves. He pulled down and ate several books, TxC's journals, what ever he decided was interesting.

Now, one must understand, he was only kenneled if we had to go shopping or to an appointment etc. When TxC' was at work I was home with the pets.

TxC' had started to do Interum work at a small church, beside the church he had been working at already [Sundays and Wednesday evenings] ,and the two churches were only about 25 minutes apart.

The 'New to Us Church' invited us to stay in their small parsonage [just right for a weekend].

I did not go to church services very often because it was painful to sit for very long,and the hour drive home was difficult for me.Evening services were easier for me to attend.
----- ------
We did not think it wise to bring the pets to the parsonage, especially Dobi dog so we started checking options. A local vet clinic near us,had what seemed to be very reasonable boarding kennels and fees.

So began our using their boarding facilities, they knew both dogs a bit, having done their surgeries. At first they seemed to enjoy the little vacations.

A neighbor checked in on the kitties for us, and when we were home they stayed in the house or on the back deck. Burni' was usually a little homebody,

and Alina took to visiting w/ a small cat that would come to the shed at the edge of our property [we had a bout a third of an Acre]. It looked similar to ours but the striping was lighter we used to call it Ghosti.

I am not sure if the kitties missed us,or the dogs more on those weekends.

After both of us, and Sweety Girl dog, had been injured by Dobi's overly rambunctious play.

And after a number of worrisome incidents where we were concerned he'd get hurt or injure someone with his playfulness we had to make a decision.

We explained the situation to our Vets who tho't it might be wise to find Dobi a different home, with someone who could give him a large amount of attention, and lots and lots of exercise.

TxCoord had handled Military Security dogs, as mentioned, and he could not figure out how to get thru to our Dobi dog.

With heavy hearts, we took him to the local pound, who had a program to work w/ the local Humane Society, they tried to place healthy animals when possible.

We began to see our lovable Dobi and his wagging tail, on the Humane Society TV adds. And the pet product area of the local Walmart had a photo booklet of pets they were trying to place thru the Humane Society.

We would scan anxiously when we went in,hoping our dear Dobi rascal had been placed.

One day we got a rather odd message from our
Vet, had we heard anything about Dobi???

Well they had, the Pound and the Vet clinic were probably about a mile and half apart, across a bridge over the river.

Our big rascal,had become a favorite at the Pound and seemed to be gentling down somewhat. So he was often let wander about the offices and kennels.

One day he disappeared ,playing Dobi-Houdini , his must see what's out there, wandering went took over and off he'd trotted.

He showed up somewhat later that day,at the Vet clinic ,and waited patiently for someone to please let him in.

They checked on him,and visited a bit. And then called the Pound to come get him. [By the time they called us this had happened a couple times].

And evidently one time, he left the Vets without their knowing, and traveled his way back to the Pound. Dobi'Houdini was in full swing.

Then we didn't hear anymore, so we hoped all was okay and he had been adopted...

Probably seven or eight months after we'd had to turn him in, TxC' was coming home from work,and he saw a pick-up with a young fella driving.

There staring back at TxCoord was Dobi dog, ears up tail a wiggling and waggling ,as he occupied most of the Pickup front seat. He was over a hundred pounds worth of dog,and looked happy healthy and loved!!!

So TxCoord comes bursting in the house after work with a 'Guess who I saw...' and a grin. Our Dobi Dog had a home!!!

I miss that dog, and am so glad he was found a good home !!! We knew he was beyond what we could handle. I will always remember him tho'!!!
----- ------
Humane Society, and most local pounds do try to place pets, if they are healthy,or can be made at least comfortable. Too often, they are overcrowded and underfunded.

If we can get well enough, at some point,I'd enjoy helping out a bit. Around here they have volunteer walkers who work with the dogs and exercise them. They also help socialize cats.

I'd have to work with smaller dogs now...but it is a dream ,a hope I have!!!

If you are reading these stories...Thank You!!! I hope they are making days brighter for each one who reads!!!

Jus' That Silverwolfi Storyteller.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Just one bump up and a hope to lighten burdens a bit, even if just briefly!!!

I seem to have the 'full-moon' headache right now ,may have some news to report by tomorrow evening,if things go well for me.

Debating what stories to tell next...hard to think tonight...darn headaches... face feels weirder than usual for me.

Jus' Silverwolfi Storyteller

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement