LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » so, have you ever actually counted how many meds-supps you take each day?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so, have you ever actually counted how many meds-supps you take each day?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been having trouble thinking because i ran out of coq10...and i realized i wasnt sure why i took what so i made a chart

ps-i dont have a good multi...any suggestions for woman post meno?

[ 01-26-2012, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Vitacost and look at New Chapter's vitamins for women. Very reasonable price and free of junk.

When I was in Lyme treatment I took 90 pills a day. I haven't counted lately. Probably 50?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks tute...but i'm not in tx....

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You beat me then! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
39. Yes, one does need a spreadsheet.

I put one together with times. I was going to ask my LLMD at next visit to figure out when I was supposed to take BWH formulas. Maybe I need to set the alarm for 3:00 AM? [confused]

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenMiddleTN
Member # 35174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenMiddleTN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All, [hi]
As with all Lymie's, I too take multiples. If you have a smart phone (computer too) you can get a great little FREE app to help with the schedule, documentation, and refill schedule.

It will also export the logs, so you can email them to yourself and print it out for your doctor.

I usually print one out after adding something new, and keep a copy in my hubbies wallet and my purse - just encase I end up at the ER, and can't tell someone what I'm on.

It's called MedHelper App and you can get it at http://medhelperapp.com

It's wonderful and I couldn't keep up without it.

Just a thought... [Smile]

--------------------
Bite: 5/08, Bulls-eye rash; test:neg. Doxy Treated.
Relapse 5/09: test: neg. Doxy Treated.
Relapse 6/10: back2bake test-neg: Request Western Blot: POSITIVE Currently - 4th round of treatment.
"Sharing my Experience, Strength and Hope."

Posts: 35 | From Middle TN | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
[QB] ok-i dont get that...what i meant is im not taking anything to kill lyme

-
I wasn't talking about lyme either. Anyway, even while in treatment, the abx pills were only 2-4 pills out of the 90. So it wasn't much in the whole scheme of things.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< lpkayak >>>>>,

I take about 40 most days, I ramp up and down a bit,because some of the supplements bother my stomach some,and because finances are very tight.

Sundays and Wednesdays ,I take maybe ten supplements, meds etc. [ I had a bit of help to purchase some supplements, awhile back.].

We found a big, week long, four space down pill keeper, it doesn't keep me from -feeling 'crazy'/odd/ or weird- at times,

but it helps keep my pills in place...at least sometimes.And some of the supplements do help me not feel so off or strange[ perhaps not so depersonalized].

This illness takes so much out of us..but we are still here! [reply edited for clarification ]

Jus' Silverwolfi

[ 01-26-2012, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If this question has anyone judging themselves in any way, please don't even start counting.

Take what you need, no more. Whatever the number, is either necessary medicine &/ or food-based support supplements (and they should be considered as food, really).

I just hate to see people start to feel bad in any way whatsoever when they start adding up numbers.

What matter is if what is being taken is helping move you closer to success, now and in the long term. THAT's the measure that matters. The effects to be achieved, not the number.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

yep

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope...due to not being able to count since lyme and company hit. [Smile]

I can count to 10 usually but that is it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 bp meds
Melatonin
Juice plus
9 vitamins
Cholestoff

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

What's "Mesa"?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my bad....hehehhe

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH... I thought it was a new cure for something! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Wish it were....

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

silver...i get these plastic things from the hardware store that usually nails and screws (little ones) are put in.

keeb-i hope noone is taking this as a put down. anyway...just wanted to know i wasnt alone i guess...and i got a good suggestion for the multi i was missing!

kam i can still count and even use a calculator but rarely do i come up with the same answer if i do a problem twice in a row...i dont know if i have ever balanced my check book. i get it close enough...

i might have a little more energy to day from the coq10

[ 01-26-2012, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

i use the fishing tackle boxes from walmart. super cheap.

"new cholesterol drug"?? you're not taking a statin are you??

i was on zocor and had to stop, legs started cramping up, blurry vision, and overall major yucky feeling.

i quit three days ago and am feeling somewhat better every day.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Adding to my note above about not putting judgement with whatever this number may be . . .

it's also a good idea to NEVER, EVER tell anyone else (who is not totally LL) the number of things you take. We lay ourselves wide open for all kinds of criticism when we say things that they cannot possibly take in the proper context.

We simply cannot afford the luxury of being able to air any kind of frustrations - even about not being happy about all the bottles to open - again, judgements will be made and, most certainly, totally out of context.

We just have to keep so much to ourselves until we know that others have the same educational background as we in what we face with lyme complex.

Even telling some folks about taking herbs can lay us open for criticism. It's sad when that happens because, I think, if everyone really knew all about herbs, we'd be better off - but, to many, they just can't communicate on the same level if they don't have the background.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

yeah take it from me, the horse's mouth, about what happened in oklahoma.

don't take your supplements in front of people that are not absolutely supportive and know of your condition, including family.

go to a bathroom or off by yourself or take them after you leave or whatever.

and believe me, just because they're a nurse, doctor, whatever, doesn't mean they know or understand lyme, or even agree that it exists. most don't believe in it.

we are better off not even bringing up any medical issues at all, period.

don't learn the hard way like i've had to.

--------------------

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read GiGI's posts too. I think several show that it's not good to take endless supplements and many times people are allergic to them. You could be hurting yourself not even knowing it. More may not = better. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

what happened in OK???

i got in trouble there too but i cant say what happened.

i know keeb is right. there is a post somewhere recently about some one (or some agency) collecting all the data so it is somewhere listed our pres and otc and supps...you know how they check your card at the drugstore now...

the one thing i do do is check pretty often to see if i really need one of the meds. when i get low i go without for awhile to see if it makes a difference. ive stopped a lot along the way. but after a bad month like ive had im taking a bunch.

oh-and randi-no ...no statins for me. a few yrs ago 6 months on lipitor put me in a walker. i am trying welchol but it is giving me spastic colon so not sure what i will do.

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Oh I took my supplements and a so-called friend who's a
Nurse proceeded to make snotty comments and then lecture me on what I was taking. It was in front of other people and of course husband did not defende because gee by golly she's a nurse and she's so smart and I'm just a pill
Junky wanting attention. They ain't friends of mine anymore.

--------------------

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband takes handfuls of supplements - he's never counted how many and I won't ask him to either!

He has a big pill keeper for the mealtime ones and a small one for the between meal supplements/meds.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

randi...i love my kids dearly but they are so smart and so educated and i they have been taught to worry about how much i spend on supps...

we have all agreed not to talk about "L"....dont say the L word they tell me or we'll leave...

so it isnt a fight we often have...but we all know what the others believe

just another day in the lyme saga...(i stole that from silver)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement