LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Beating Fear and Healing - Roundtable, Suggestions welcomed!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beating Fear and Healing - Roundtable, Suggestions welcomed!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All: I thought this was worth posting just because it hit me so hard yesterday... I have been at this for almost four years...

I tend towards fear, always have. Basically, what Lady B said on her youtube video and I tend to think this may be a REAL key to healing is that she believes that we cannot heal in fear...

That hit me like a ton of bricks... And so far with this tincture - teasel- I am beginning to feel normal. It is hard to tell if it is all teasel or my body beginning to truly recover. I don't know that answer. To be without awful neck pain and clouded thinking is a welcome relief...

My question here is how are others beating fear and allowing their bodies to heal... One book I have started reading and tends to be hard for me as I know it contains a lot of truth... is Buried Feelings Never Die by Truman. It is an amazing book about the mind and the body and healing totally. She herself I believe had cancer and went into remission and is well to this day (I believe). My holistic Chiro recommended it and I have found it very helpful as well as saying these four things....

God (use HP or whatever your preference) totally and completely loves me.

I totally and completely love myself.

God (or whatever you believe) totally and completely forgives me.

I totally and completely forgive myself.

Okay, honestly, it took me months to succeed with these. I do believe there is credence to needing to get at the things that may be eating us... for me fear is and hopefully becomes was... one of those things... I think this could be a great opportunity to discuss methods of positive mindset etc that support the mind body connection and thus, HEALING.

God Speed to ALL...

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, before finally being diagnosed with Lyme, Brucella, etc, etc, I was diagnosed with Anxiety, PTSD, Depression, etc, etc. I was told that I needed to just learn to "ignore my fevers". I have had every type of therapy imaginable for my supposed fears/depression.

I have only gotten worse, because I have infection in my body and brain. So, I must respectfully disagree, that for me, fear is not what's keeping me sick, serious infectious pathogens: bacteria and viruses are.

I do feel that acceptance would help prevent the pain of constant illness from turning into suffering. However, I do not feel that lack of fear= healing.

My husband has huge weeping ulcers on his legs and torn achilles tendons due to Lyme, not fear. He is the most laid back person you have ever met. He needed antibiotics, not therapy.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving to General Support

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting wellbesthis. I am ordering the book.I found this to be a very interesting subject.
sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Aperture: I sincerely did not want to offend anyone here. I do not believe any of us want to be ill... It has taken me a long time (and I still haven't walked through my back yard since my bite) to work through and I still very obviously am the issues that are within me cohabiting with this illness.

I am sorry if any of this was found to be offensive. I am just a leave no stone unturned person and I want to do everything in my power to help my body fight this and for me.... it has been dealing with the fear and everything else. I have LIVED in it now for four years too long and maybe --well, not maybe... many years prior.

This book as well as my work with a holistic chiropractor has helped me to turn the corner and if I have gained anything from all of this... it is that I am to be a light for others in this as I have had so many others do the same for me -- honestly, without them, I don't know that I would still be here... So, my gratitude is huge to people like TuTu, Six, Hens and the others that have so selflessly given to all of us... truly during the darkest days ... I can remember not being able to stand for more than about 15 minutes without debilitating pain ... and it was at that time, I was ready to throw in the towel. Katrina, TF and I am sure more than I can remember to mention... got me to this place. So... I thank everyone who has been willing to share their experience in order for us all to move towards healing... You have been a LIGHT in a very dark place and my gratitude is endless...

Happy Valentines Day to those who Live LOVE...

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healerdealer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healerdealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willbeatthis - thanks for posting this. I also believe in holistic ideaology - that are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being are all interconnected.

Of course, bacteria, pathogens, etc. make us sick. Some sicker than others. It all boils down to your immune system.

My immune system was not at its peak when I came down with full blown Lyme symptoms. I had bad environmental, food and mold allergies, eczema, got sick easily, was ultra sensitive to bug bites, etc. But I wasn't chronic.

I also was loaded with fears - I was always afraid of getting sick! I had anxiety. I was afraid of getting some kind of disease.

I actually remember being afraid of getting Lyme disease! Did I wish it on myself?

I talk about releasing fears and getting well. This is my first post in October.

Dealing with negative emotions is just one way of combatting sickness. Once I started dealing with my fears, through emotional therapy, I started to feel better.

I didn't realize that for most of my life, I was absorbing all kinds of negative energy. I was harming myself and I didn't know it.

I did years of antibiotics, months of IV. I was functioning as long as I stayed on antibiotics. If I went off antibiotics, my Lyme symptoms would come back. I didn't want to live like this.

My immune system needed a major overhaul. Positive thoughts, prayers, emotions are part of the picture. I believe in the holistic approach.

It works for me.

Happy Valentines Day!

Healer - Go to:

[ 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 163 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks Healer! Happy Valentine's Day to you as well... I look forward to reading your blog and appreciate your posting... Continued success ....

You remind me a lot of myself and I know I will cross that bridge when I am to come off of everything and I want to get ready to be able to heal fully... Thank you again...

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis: your post did not offend me. I was just triggered because I spent years on a mental health, wild goose chase, road to nowhere, when I had infection all along.

I have become somewhat jaded by all of that. I was always a creature of change. If something's wrong, I don't want to complain about it, I want to change it.

I would do whatever mental health therapy there was and give it my all, hoping to get better. Looking back, I see that I had no chance because I was misdiagnosed for a long, long time while infection kept smoldering. Now, I feel helpless...and yes scared of my circumstances.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Aperture: I am so sorry for your many years of misdiagnosis and the inevitable progression of these diseases. I can identify with feeling helpless and I pray that you will not give up.

I just wanted to share some things that have helped me in hope of helping others. I will keep you in my prayers as well as your husband.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Here is an article regarding Being your own Placebo from Deepak Chopra-- I thought it was good.

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Be-Your-Own-Placebo

Again, to make sure that we are all on the same page. I only see articles like this as an adjunct to healing ....

But an important part of the picture nonetheless... Blessings

derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a 32 yo male, love to party, have lots of friends ,used to go to the bars every now and then get into a fight, get roudy with the boys, been to jail quite a few times, fast cars ,fast women, 3 kids, and three broken families, and a vasectomy haha, buried both my parents back to back 5 years ago, valentines day was my moms birthday and she died on valentines day 5 years ago,i am a very tough guy, in body and mind, all that stuff hurt and was very scary, but i made it through like nothing, i have to say the neurological things that ive experienced over the past 2 years whether its lyme or not has completley SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME, i live in constant fear and anxiety and derealisation, for no reason, i would go through my whole past over again just to get rid of these feelings, so yes i live everyday in fear not knowing what my mind is gonna throw at me today thanx

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fear is one of those nasty things that creeps in when we are down at our lowest. Likes to visit mostly at night, when we are alone and everything is quiet. Fear, for me comes in like a low cloud layer and hangs there until I blast it out through prayer.

It takes much work to catch the "fearbies" when they first start, because they are so subtle.
I repeat different verses from the Bible, thank God for all I have, anything to chase the fearbies out.

I have been sick with Lyme for over 3 years. Fear comes in with money worries, health worries, family worries, worries that are not even worth worrying about, etc.

I have a couple of close friends who I can say it all and I don''t get criticized.

I don't know if I responded like you originally posted, Willbeathis....just telling you how I handle it.

One of my favorite songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4uIyz_d90

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi DogsandCats: Thank you this is a beautiful song... thank you for sharing how you beat out the fear "fearbies" . I like you pray my way out of them as well...

Derk, I am so sorry to hear about how your mind keeps throwing new curve balls.... to the point where you don't know what to expect next. Have you been to see an llmd, is that even possible? I will keep you in my prayers....

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chase the fearbies often. With being sick, they sneak in before I realize it. God bless you!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thank you DogsandCats... I feel the same way... Blessings all around...
back2game
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for back2game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayer has become the focal point of my life as well. It is the ONLY positive thing that has come out of this -- I'm closer to God.

I do fully understand other's desperation, though. Been at death's door and came back. I'll spare you the details, but let me just say -- 1 year of Prednisone before being diagnosed. 20 years without treatment.

I got to a point in my life that I could no longer chase doctors begging for answers. I feel NONE of them have the answers. Educated guesses, maybe ... Antibiotics, anti-seizure meds, pain meds, were all destroying me - day after day and thousands of dollars poorer.

Started reading the Bible and anything spiritual I could get my hands on.

Started reading books by Dr. Bernie Siegal (Love, Medicine and Miracles among them).

I am now 7 months off everything, except supplements. Eating mostly whole foods, no sugar.

Am I healed? Probably not, but I've learned to live with the blessings I have. Everyone has their crosses to bear, some more than others.

I believe I will be rewarded in the after-life for my sufferings here on earth.

I do hope you find your peace. Blessings to all.

--------------------
CNS Lyme 05/08 - EIA 1.16+, IGG 18+, IGM 23+
01/11-IGM 31 Epitope Positive
01/11-IGM 31+++, 41+, 58++, 83-93+, 23-25IND, 39IND
01/11-IGG 41+
Vasculitis 01/07,MCTD 05/06,Fibro 11/04, Myofascial PS 11/03
Embedded Tick app. 1990

Posts: 136 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your post, Willbeatthis! One of the meds I'm on is currently causing some fear at night (or maybe it's messing with my hormones). Either way, I'm getting the book. I love people who think outside the box.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thank you Back2game and Catgirl for your responses. I am with you Back2game.... I don't know that there are any answers...

At least I know the one that has them...

I am so grateful to have this community of support... I have a friend here at home going through tough IV treatment right now... and it is hard to know what way is best with all of this...

Catgirl- the book was a turning point for me and the statements or affirmations I said above have also been very helpful.

Back2game I admire your determination to fight and strengthen your body naturally.... I wish you continued healing... I have Siegals books too....

Blessings to all...

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have the fear till lyme. I have to get rid of lyme or accept the fact as my llmd told me only about 40 percent improvement..

Get rid of lyme and the fear goes.. Still not rid of lyme and still have the fear. I use to be a tough cookie but now my brain can't handle anything..

I do agree this darn fear is the worst part of this disease..

Good post and it does help working on fear but I feel you must eleminate the cause.

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement