LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE....WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY FEB 13-18

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE....WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY FEB 13-18
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I'd start this week's thread with Kam's post for today......

KAM

kayak...glad your computer worked. I hope it continues to work.

I was able to go on the bike trail last night and walk a bit further this time.

Est I was on my feet 20 min. I walked at a good pace. The pain meds help. I was pain free but the legs were like wet noodles on the way back and exhaustion was with me.

Having the pain covered up helps the brain talk to the limbs better.

When I left home, I thought I was only going to drive on the dirt road adn let Rosie trot along the car.

But, once I got there I thought I would try the trail.

On the way back, I thought I need to find my thing I use to put around my waste and keep it in the car...with water, a energy bar, matches, etc.

I was really dehydrated again and didn't have any water with me.

I also have heard about hikers getting lost on a short trip. I understand how this could happen.

I am beginning to become more comfortable with the trail and trying to take the same one until I am sure which way to go.

It was a good outing. I almost got a picture of the sun on the crop of boulders. but, by the time I got close enough to take a pic the sun was behind the mtn...

the lighting changes so quickly that time of the day...a matter of minutes.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday-Cleaned at my Mom's for 5 hours.

Saturday-Went to work couple hours then haircut and grocery shopping.

Today-Quick cleaned house and working thru 3 loads of laundry.

Dinner tonight, brown rice, tofu/aspargus with miso.

Needless to say.....hubs isn't to thrilled, hope he'll come home! [lol]

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam... pain meds can cause dehydration .. so be careful there.

Glad you had a good outing! [Smile]

AK.. I'm with your husband.. I'd stop at McDonald's or something.. hahahaa

I'm having grilled asparagus tonight! And chicken tenders (unbreaded).

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i finished my taxes.

tomorrows exercise will be making copies and mailing them.

todays exercise was chasing ettta around the house with an umbrella(she wanted me to...honest)

i'm thinking of changing her name to "feisty fighter"

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal cruelty!! [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. You all have been movin and groovin.

I got a funny picture in my mind of etta being chased by an umbrella!

Tutu...I am dehydrated all the time anyway and have been for years now.

Able to make chili yesterday morning and GF cornbread. Very unusual for me to be able to do this.

Used power chair to get the job done. Rested when needed.

We had rain last night. Looks like good chili weather today.

Around the blk this am in reclining power chair with leg lifts. It was still dark enough that the street lights were on and the cars had their headlights on.

I wished I had put on my headlamp. I got around the block without getting rained on. Clouds are to the west so I don't know if we will get any more rain today. I hope so. Much needed.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i woke up feeling awful all over and i wonder if i get sick from using the computer...i was stealing wireless cuz my room where i plug in is unheated

now that most of the house is low emfs i think i noticed it more

trying to get moving to mail the taxes

i wrote to my daughter and said someone should help me with my finances or they will all end up in a mess when i croak. im pretty sure they will all be too busy to help tho. but at least i warned them. i found out my will is worthless since i moved from ny to nh

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

My computer completely died yesterday so I had to go to Best Buy and get another laptop.

Got a good deal on an older Toshiba that'll do what I need for $427 and $80 to transfer my data from my old laptop to the new.

So needless to say my day will be spent sitting around trying to figure out the new OS and installing some of my games.

Oh, almost forgot....happy valentine's day to everyone!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak... why would your will be worthless just because you moved???

sorry to hear you had to buy a new computer, AK!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are back on line ALW.

Chocolates for all!

Able to empty the DW while on my feet this am. It still feels strange to move the body and have it be almost like it was before lyme and company hit.

I am still limited time 9stamina) wise and am resting now.

Able to clean off the top of the stove too.

Next task is to put the dirty dishes in the DW.

Not sure when that will happen.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, comrades! Boy, the past several days have been the toughest I've had in this battle so far. Like I'm the assistant in a third-rate knife-throwing act. And through it all, my sweetie shows up with a bouguet of flowers last night. My Valentine. I'm keeping him.

The sun is coming up and the birds are singing, so I've been running around opening all the windows.

I have an appointment this evening, at my house, to discuss a design project. I must be nuts, because I'm basically a basket case in the evenings. By jove, I'm gonna do this come hell or high water. Guess this means I'd better get my rear in gear and clean up this house, not to mention this girl. And that, my friends, will be my daily exercise today.

Ciao, bellas!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

jimmy...how did it go? Did you fake it until you made it or something like that??

It is surprising what we can do with only 1/2 spark plug working

kam
Member # 3410

Bonnie is here: the caregiver

I have been on my feet a bit, rested and then back on my feet the past hour.

But, can't recall what I did. I do recall putting a few pieces of laundry away, putting the trash cans back in their rooms, moving the laundry from one room to another but it still needs to be folded and put away,

lpkayak
Member # 5230

tutu-i dont know why the will wont be good but this financial guy said if you go from ny to nh it has to go thru probate and the whole reason i had the will made was to NOT have it in probate

he also said everytime you buy or sell a house or car you have to change the will...i didnt know that

taxes are in the mail...cleaning lady came...not sure if it was good or not...i'm just tired and sore from all the tax writing

think im just gonna lurk for awhile...it hurts less

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was determined to get some exercise today. i weigh about 207 now. almost 100 pounds over what i am supposed to.

so i used my elliptical and then went over to the park and walked the mile around the lake. at first i got so out of breath i barely made it 50 feet but i took my time. it took almost half an hour to walk a mile..geez...

but the sun was shining, i didn't use the radio or anything and it was nice to get out and away from the house. i'm hoping the weather holds so i can walk every day.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

randi...that is excellent!!! those are two ways i try to exercise but since lipitor problem my legs wont let me do enough to help heart or lose weight...i had trouble walking 5 min a few days ago

i hope you can keep doing a little more each day

jimmy what kind of design do you do?

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah me too but our darn weather in fort worth keeps changing. Well thats winter in Texas for you

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds strange, kayak. I get free will updates since I belong to LegalShield. My car is not specifically on the will, so I don't see why the will would need to be changed. All our personal property goes to "whoever."

welcome, randi! Thirty minutes for a mile is not so bad. When I was able to walk quickly (like 6 months ago) I could do a mile in 20 min. Thirty is not bad for just beginning!! Keep it up!! Maybe it will help your headaches.

good job, kam!! woohooo!

kayak.. come over and do my taxes for me .. please [Wink]

oh... PS .. I'm on my third pair of orthotics now. I hope these work!!! I do believe that the first two pair were making me way worse!!!

Finally figured that out yesterday when my feet felt better. I did not put my sneakers (with the orthotics) on until 3 pm when we went to the big city for Valentine's dinner. Yes, I had to wear them!! (I thought)

so here's hoping! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

talking bout cArs and wills and all. You can keep them put of the will by simply changing the title to read "transfer upon death"' and put the other persons name on the title.' doesn't chAnge anything. Still your cAr just automatically goes to that person and it keeps it out of probate so you won't get the
Estate tax on it

--------------------

Nicole_Denise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole_Denise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess what I did?? I walked for an hour an fifteen minutes! I did it in 15 minute chunks, but I',m still happy! No idea how far I walked though

P.S. Tutu I spent the last 3 years pretty much never taking my sneakers with orthotics off because my feet were so bad.

Posts: 503 | From Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, I'm happy with how yesterday turned out. The day before was pretty funky. Most of my pain and twitching is in my right arm, and Tuesday it was really acting up. My husband teases me about my tourettes because I get these sudden electrical-shock stabbing pains from out of nowhere, and I'll let out a surprised expletive.

Anyway, yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning and getting ready for the meeting. The client didn't arrive until 7:30pm and I was pretty much going downhill. They know about my Lyme, and are very understanding. Raised in rural England, they said awareness is high there, so it's pretty cool to work with someone who doesn't think I'm nuts.

They're energy for the project got me going, and we had a very fun and productive brainstorming session.

Kayak, I'm a graphic designer, and do a lot of work (or used to before getting sick) related to architecture. On this project, I'm helping them with their architecture/planning firm's branding - logo, website, printed material, just their whole image.

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Nicole, Randibear, all you guys - way to go!
You are inspiring me. I'm headed out the door to take a walk. Have a good day everyone!

ps - Tutu, where's your tutu? (icon thingy)

kam
Member # 3410

jimmy...have a good walk.

Wow Nicole..pretty cool.

OK faded fast this am. But, I was finally able to go to the coffee shop and get a gift certificate for the maintenance man here on site

..I dread going in there as I have trouble opening the door while in the power chair and it is usually crowded and noisy.

..this morning it was quiet..just the radio on which was too much

..I sat outside for a bit. Asked the owner to carry my coffee out. it was just him and me this am which was good timing.

...Listened to birds sing. But, road traffic was too much. So cut it short and headed home.

Able to cruise down the hallway and put a couple of things in the mail.

I was thinking I was up to doing a few things this am until I came back from the mail box.

Needed to lay back down.

I did move a couple of empty pots from the hallway to the patio.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's great, Nicole!! you're on the move!

kam... you're doing great.. so nice to be able to do a few more things

jimmy... you may have turned off your graphics thingy here so you can't see my tutus.

Sounds like you had a creative time with your client. I love being creative! You can make it up as you go!! [lol]

feet are slightly better .. haven't put on my sneakers yet.

have to go to the eye doctor, as I have a swollen eyelid since yesterday. One thing or another...grrrr [rant]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Wondering what the doc can do about a swollen eyelid...sounds annoying...is it time for a pirates patch yet?

Not sure if I posted about yesterday evenings outing. I thought I was going on a trail I had been on before.

But, it was a new one of many on the bike trail. Not one I will take again for awhile as my legs need to be stronger than they were.

Brain did a good job of talkign to the legs but legs were like wet noodles and I was huffing and puffing...at least I was not saying oh ah ouch due to pain meds.

It was another beautiful area to explore but lots of ups and downs. The downs were the trickiest for me...lots of pebbles on the trail and easy to slide.

Est 15 or 20 min on the trail. I do want to take it again...but got to do a better job of listening to my body..I should have turned around and headed back when I first got confused as to where I was.

I thought if I kept going I would see something I recognized. It was not until I was almost back that i saw the boulder on the trail down the hill that I recognized.

Now, I know that trail heads 3 different ways. Fun to have so many trails to explore now.

I just need to find a way to get to them that is a bit easier.

kam
Member # 3410

I just put in a load of laundry. Resting and then will put it in the dryer when ready.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i dont understand about the will either but nh is different..."LIVE FREE OR DIE" and all that

im feeling nervous about this guy cuz hes not charging me...why is he doing it???

anyway...im taking a break from trying to get my budget stuff organized for next yr

all i can think of now is I WANNA RIDE....its been 5-6 months

i know stuff is going to happen to stop me from riding b4 i want to...so i just wanna do it until then

$s a problem tho and travel cuz no horses up here

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Using Tobradex ointment for the eye problem. It's better.

He said it's from the Sjogren's .. oh joy.

kayak .. that is a bit worrisome about the legal guy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Tutu, how's the peepers and creepers?

Kam, how did it go with the lift for the power chair? Do you have it yet?

Kayak, we've got to get you some horsey time. Missing the real galloping best friends of our youth, we once had a cowboy party and a bunch of us galloped around on stick horses. Not quite the same, but less expensive to feed.

I'm off to the lab for yet another blood draw.
Exercising patience.

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu...glad the ointment is helping a bit. Hope your eye is better soon.

Jimmy...I haven't heard yet about the lift. Since it has been about 2 months it is time for me to send an email and inquire.

I haven't gotten up the courage yet. I figure no news is good news.

If I send an email and am told I was denied it will not help my attitude.

I did walk into the grocery store and use the electric cart...I was feeling green (toss your cookies kind of green...or lyme green)

So, was in and out quickly

I also walked into dog park for a short visit to allow Rosie to toilet before going to the grocery store.

And I forgot my purse so had to come home and get it...

might be why I was feeling green...over did it this am.

kayak..I sure hope you get to ride soon. I know you really enjoy that.

tis saturday..we just about made it through another week

kam
Member # 3410

One of those mornings where I feel like I have really done something....then I lay down to type it out and yes...it is more than normal...but not as much as it feels like I did ...body is hurting...brain is drained..

Able to put dirty dishes in DW, able to wipe down the divider, put butternut squash in oven, watered potted plants, hung picture in kitchen

...still need to wipe down kitchen counters and declutter

kam
Member # 3410

Ah yes...I did these things while listening to Whitney Houstons' Going Home..

This is unsual for me too..I usually can not listen to the TV adn work too..too much for teh brain

Lymetoo
Member # 743

peepers and creepers.. fair... will see a foot doctor on Monday

I now have a cold or really bad allergies

as for my tutus... the site where they originate is down... talked to the creator and he hopes to get things dancing along by next week!

kam.. you're doing great!

hugs to everyone! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i am so foggy. maybe i am just depressed. i tried really hard all day to finish putting papers away in a way i could file them thru the yr so i am more accurate next yr with less time

but i didnt finish. i drop things...the computer doesnt work...i'm a mess

i guess i should just let myself read or something and try again tomorrow

sorry to be such a whiner...i feel like so many things are wrong now there is no way i can do all the things im supposed to

--------------------

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Kayak, give yourself a break. You've been so busy lately and have accomplished a lot. Gees, you're the only person I know who already has their taxes done.

Nothing wrong with just taking a day off, eh? Get some rest, eat something good, watch some movies. Just chill tomorrow. You'll feel better Monday.

Wishing you all well. Everybody stay strong and stay positive.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I agree, kayak.. you do A LOT!! Way more than me. Are you gluten free, by any chance? Some of your pain could be from gluten.

(and the brain fog)

See you guys tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just got my laptop back. Had to have my data transferred from my old laptop.

Wednesday-Varnished chairs at my Mom's and pulled weeds for about an hour and used the Weed Popper.

Friday-Laundry and had a job interview.

Today-One load of laundry and grocery shopping.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW...I always enjoy reading your posts.

Kayak..I have been living with this for 10 years now.

I still struggle with why things are clear and easy for me to do ...if I keep it short and sweet...vs ...my brain and body going out to lunch without me.

Tutu and jimmy are right. Give yourself a take me away calgon bath time. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

So far just around the block in the reclining power chair with leg lifts.

Actually two blocks this am. I headed to where we have seen grass before. Rosie has been wanting to graze.

But, the lawns are dead right now. Good thing as we were on the main highway through town and the traffic noise is too much for me.

It took a while for my face to defrost once we got back.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to declutter the top of the bookshelves.

Hoping to be able to dust and condition them next. It has been 2 yrs since they were dusted.

I got really hot and out of breath so needed to rest.

I found some old cowden herbs with a expiration date of 5/11. I assume they are still OK??

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ive been taking your advice and watching some tv...sitting on the porch in the sun reading a new novel about alaska...and looking out the dining room window at how pretty the mts are. i realized only the bottom 5 inches of the window shows houses and wires...a whole3 feet or so above shows only blue sky and fluffy clouds with mts sprinkled with snow in the background

if i had money id make this window into a slider and add a deck...beautiful view. but cant spend 20,000 on a house i couldnt sell for 30000.

i also drove down the hill to the gaqrage drivway and got some pots...i picked up potting soil the other day and have a bunch of houseplants with roots...potting them will be fun for me.

inbetween i finished some of the filing and put each ringbinder away on the shelf. it feels so good to have them on the shelf. not lying around to get finished.

only one toe is really hurting...thats better than 8 i guess. and the ankle only hurts when i walk...maybe it wont wake me tonight

KAM...i know this is gonna be a long haul...its hard to do it gracefully...i am in awe of how you keep on pluggin everyday...you are an inspiration

--------------------

just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does babysitting for a 4 year o+ld and a 1 and 1/2 year old count as exercise???

Parents went on an errand couple hours ago,,,spose they will ever come back????????

They do need a break,,,this is more than a full time job...

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak and kam.. good job! woohooo!!

kayak.. all of that sounds good!

don ... YES!!! Hope you find the parents before you keel over!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

After waiting two weeks to see a new foot doctor, I got a call this afternoon (Sunday) that he was in a car accident this weekend.

He is "OK" but they will reschedule me later. Sigh.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement