LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 2/27 - 4/4/12 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought 2/27 - 4/4/12
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for sammy and soccermama and all of you in need. May God bless you with the miracle you need. May God strengthen your bodies and heal your pain pain.

Also praying for Gages family. Boy they are being sifted like wheat. that poor family.

When we are being `sifted', there are several things we need to realize. Satan will ask for us by name. There is only so far that he can go, because God sets boundaries that he cannot cross. And we need to really know that God is in control of the situation. Peter, after his sifting, was a changed man, and the things that he did is detailed in the book of Acts. After `our' sifting, we can become bitter or we can become better. We can learn and grow from being sifted, or we can become discouraged and `give up.'
I pray that we are the ones that learn and grow and are even more fruitful for the cause of Christ.

Hugs and Love,

Flutter

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray soccermom is doing well today!

sammy.... My heart breaks for you!! Severe pain is so hard to deal with on so many levels. It changes everything.

I will continue to lift you up in prayer.. that you can find something that will help. I left you a message on the other thread.

flutter.. that is a great explanation of "sifting".. thanks for that!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you, sammy.

I also replied on your other thread.

Huge, gentle hugs!!!!

flutter,

I also enjoyed the sifting explanation...thanks!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asking The Lord to prepare Our Hearts for Easter,

http://angiesmithonline.com/2010/04/tree-of-mystery/#comments

From the Vine- [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon God Thought family,
It's been too long since I last chat with. I continue with my prayers for all of you.

I have a write I would enjoy sharing with all of you, but will take a long bit for me to post this share, being that I am not fast at typing. So hang in there and I will be back. I might en have coffee sips along the way [Big Grin] ......

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great read, payne! Thanks for the link.

It provided much food for thought during this Holy Week.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi MDW,

I look forward to reading your write...you never fail to capture my interest! [Smile]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some years ago, on a hot summer day in South Florida, a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went. He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator had plunged in and was swimming toward him.

His father, working in the yard, saw it all happen. In fear, he ran toward the water, yelling to his son as loudly as he could. Hearing his voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his father. Just as he reached his father's grip to pull him to safety, the alligator grabbed his legs. That bgan an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was strong; the father was much too passionte to let go.

The boys brother heard the screams, got the family rifle, took care of the alligator. Remakably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. Upon realease from the hospital, a newspaper reporter intervieved the boy, and asked if he could see the alligator scars on his legs. The boy replied by pulling up his shirtsleeves and saying, "I'd rather show you my arms. It's these scars that remind me that my dad was never going to let me go."

You and I can identify with that little boy. We have scars, too. Not from an alligator, of course, but the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly, but some wounds, my friends, are because God has refused to let go. In the midst of your struggle, He's been there holding on to you. He did not and will not ever let you go.

A friend shared that devotional as a pick-me-up and reminder of God's care as I've been going through trials and Lyme Disease...to remind me of God's love for me...even in life's most difficult times...a reminder of the scars of God's love even as I am scarred by life in this world.

As you may imagine, that image has been a helpful reminder of God's hold on me during the struggles of Lyme Disease...and I'll think of it again, no doubt, as other struggles come my way. It even makes since as I reflect on readings in my Bible...and connect it to the disciple's struggle of faith in the days after the Resurrection.

I think the eleven disciples are in a situation not too different from the boy in that story...caught between two powerful forces... doubt and fear on one hand...and God's redeeming work on the other hand.

Their doubts. Those doubts must have been written on their faces, for that's the first thing off Jesus' lips, "Why do doubts arise in your hearts?" Notice the doubt is not just Thomas's face. Thomas: "Doubting Thomas." In Luke, it's the whole lot of them. All if them swimming in those post-crucifixion waters...frightened by Jesus' death and then by the news that he had risen. They had not seen him yet. Could they believe it? What were they to think? Would someone be there to pull them out of their doubts and fears?

Along comes the risen Lord...reaching out to them...and from the first...holding them tight. Showing them proof to fight off their doubts. He was there, knowing there was no power in them...nor in any human being...to save themselves... from doubt or fear or death. Before the crucifixion, they were second hand witnesses as Jesus reached out and healed others or cast out demons. But now...they were the ones to save.

I find in Luke's story an interesting word change...from the word doubt to disbelieving. Disbelieving...like flabbergasted. Those words appear after the disciples have looked at Jesus' hands and feet. Luke writes: "While in their joy, they were still disbelieving and still wondering." Those words seem to me a shade closer to belief...not " I doubt that," but more like, "Can you believe this?" Belief was growing, hope was growing. They could feel God's redeeming work holding onto them...embracing them.

More belief took hold of them as Jesus ate fish in their presence...and then, then...with enough belief working, he could open their minds to understand the scriptures. I see as a sort of reboot...like we do with computers. You know, the computer freezes...too much is going on or programs are getting crossed. Or even better, after an automatic upgrade of Windows or Norton.

This whole event is a disciple-reboot. They had been told the good news...programmed by Jesus' teaching. They had received downloads of grace as people were healed or as Lazarus was raised. All that made some sense a kind of sense before the crucifixion, but it now had to make sense in a new way...in light of the resurrection. They were discovering just that.

I say "discovery" because they are not simply taught, not just told "Okay class, this is how it is." No, there in the waters of doubt the truth unfolded in front of them as Jesus showed his scars the reptilian Pharisees but also, more prominently and thankfully, he showed his redeemed body...a sign that evil did not and will not defeat love.......

To be continued....Are you reading my long chat? I have a short bit left to write...whew!

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

So in their reboot, the disciples discovered the true meaning of what Jesus had said... that he would die and rise in three days (5 times He say). They discovered more as he opened their minds to understand the scripture in light of God'd newest and boldest work.

They also discovered something about themselves...that they had more strength than they realized. More faith than before. The proof. All done in Jesus' name. They discovered they had support from the holy Spirit. They discovered that they had new lives...new work to do. That God wasn't nearly done with them yet.

What do we discover? What do we modern disciples hear? What do we discover about God's hold on us? What do we discover about being re-booted by God through grace?

For one, I hope that every time in nature, church, in quiet time...are a simular type of discovery for you. To see the risen Christ....somehow, someway. To feel the embrace of God...that right now, you are being loved. He is holding on to you with tremendous passion....particularly if you are in the middle of one of life's stuggles. That passionate hold of His is what defines you...and not old scars from the world, nor the traces of pain from the past.

As you discover all that, I hope that you not only know His embrace, but that you proclaim it. God's grace supplies, a re-booting that gives strength and new vision, a re-booting that turns doubt and fear into hope...and then joy.

I hope that you, like the disciples, or like the boy in the story, see that God is not done with you yet. I hope that you discover chances to proclaim His goodness, his loving embrace, and His saving power...and in doing so, help others in their struggles, their doubts... so we all can proclaim our ALLELUIAS!!! AMEN!!!!!

Healing prayers for all my God Thought family...I have missed you. This may not be your story today, but these words have been placed in my heart....for me...might us.
[group hug]

[ 04-02-2012, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

God Thought family, I have much time on my hands. My family is in Florida enjoying fishing, swimming in the most beautiful blue ocean, the salty breeze blowing in their hair, and the sun shinning on their faces.

I too, have this...A warm light bulb glowing, epson salt, blow dryer on cool mode, and a blue tablet dropped in my tub for color. And, I have relaxation with only one towel to pick up. [lol]

So this being said, I read a story about J.C. Penny. I will share with you. Please do excuse typos, as my fingers wear from typing and drag along the key board...as you have noticed in my previous writes above ( makes them special that way). This is not my write, but a share....

God is the source of our hope, strength, and peace. He has a way of making Himself real to us in the most personal ways and at the most needed times.

In 1929, a legendary retailer J.C. Penny became severly ill. Hospitalized in Battle creek, Michigan, his conditioned worsened. Hope slipped away. One evening he decided to write farewell notes to his family. He doubted he would make it through the night, and he wanted them to know of his love for them.

To his surprise, Penny made it through the night. the next morning he managed to climb out of bed and make his way down to the chapel where devotions were held each morning. As he made his way down the hallway, he recognized the hymn "God Will Take Care of you." He quietly crept into the service. Though his heart and body were exhausted and spent, something incredible happened.

Describing the moment, Penny said, "I felt as if I had been instantly lifted out of the darkness of a dungeon into a warm, brilliant sunlight. I felt as if I had been transported from hell to paradice."

Penny described feeling the power of God as he had never felt before. In His love, God was there in a real and tangible way to help him.

Like J.C. Penny, many of us find ourselves, at one time or another, overwhelmed and losing hope. We may wonder where God is in the middle of our situation. But like Penny, we may discover that God is closer and more involved than we ever imagined. Not only did Penny awake with the strength to make it to the chapel, but the words of the hymn the congregation sang were personally meaningful to him. They spoke right into his situation. And in the midst of the chapel service, God met J.C. Penny in a profound way.

No matter what situation we find ourselves in, God has a way of meeting us there. He may use songs, prayers, a sermon, an encouraging word from a friend, or something even more surprising to speak right into our situation at the place of our greatest need. When it comes to caring for you, God makes it personal.

Here is the hymn Penny heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-Ir6-2dmE&feature=related

One more thought, Corrie Ten Boom writes...

Faith is like radar that sees through the fog the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see.

Think I will pour a glass of cool refreshing water...with a twist of lemon for taste, now. Good eve. Chat another day.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Payne...I just read The Tree of Mystery. Wow, how Angie persuade my heart to continue reading her beautiful write. Angie stated that The Gospel of John was her favorite. Mine too. I have read it so many times in the last month...It was the very first Book I read in the Bible, when I had asked where do I begin reading, daisy say, "John is a great place to begin." She was so right. I watched the movie the other night....The Gospel of John.

Thank you so much for sharing this devotional of Angie's. Oh yes, prepare my heart this night and the next and the next and..

ps.... Gosh I be a jabber jaw this day, sorry.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

I very much enjoyed the alligator story, the JC Penney story and all your thoughts about God's love and embrace.

I was blessed by your writes, thank you for taking all that time to share!

You can jabber, jabber, jabber anytime, ok?? [Big Grin]

During this Holy Week, we have so much to be thankful for.

God's unending grace, His suffering and sacrifice for you and me, His promise of eternal life made possible by his death and resurrection....

Jesus has a merciful heart....Thank you, Jesus!

Our scars, wounds, and sins are healed.

Only He can do that. Jesus, I Trust in You!!!!

Have a wonderful Holy Week, dear friends.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW...
Bless you for finding the strenght to write this for our souls to drink,
Thank You Lord for
MDW putting GOD'S Love on this sight for all to
share...
John is a good start.
blue food coloring for color, hmmm, NOT

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family.

If I jabber too much, just read what dekrator say...I can jabber, jabber anytime...good thing it is silent chat..you might would need ear plugs for yourself and duct tape for me.

Dekrator...thank you for reading my long chat. It is so wonderful that Jesus has a kind, loving heart.

Payne...Very sweet what you say. I do have strength these days. I have been on a new protocol for a month now. It has given me much energy...to the point I over do some days. I have less pain, but with some days, I fall back a few steps. All and all, I have more and more healthy good days. I thank my Jesus as He continues to heal me. Praise the Lord.

Well my family comes home this eve from Florida and I am looking forward to seeing and spending time with my boys.
I miss the green bear...My youngest man shares with me nightly. The bear sings, "Jesus Loves Me." I know He loves me, but I sure miss the special time with my child, and the tucking in time.

Good day family. [group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

It's nice to have some quiet time to rest and reflect, but it's also great to have your loved ones near.

Hug the boys and give that green bear a hug too!

Enjoy your family as they return home!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all you wrote, MDW!! I'm glad someone can type all that! I have lots to say and no one to type for me!! [Wink]

Have a beautiful week, everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW, thank you for sharing with us.

Your ability to write and express your thoughts as you do is a true gift. It is a blessing. It is not "jabbering".

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to come here and share your "writes" with us.

God always uses something that someone here has shared (songs, verses, stories,...) to speak to my heart. So thank you God thought friends, for everything!

I'll share a quick update, don't want to be selfish. I'm still waiting on insurance approval for the Kyphoplasty procedure. The doctor that I saw last thursday wants to try to repair 2 of my most damaged vertebrae. He can only repair 2 at a time with this procedure and is hoping that will be enough to provide stability to the rest of the fractured vertebrae and to help reduce pain. Thank you so much for your continued prayers!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Sammy,

How are you being selfish? I think not. You know, I watched my mum suffer so much with pain. Her vertebrae, several of them, continued to deteriorate...her ribs cracked, and pelvic bone.
Mum had to wear this funky back brace that kept sliding up on her...very frustrating...but it sure help with some pain and the prevention of another bone breaking. she was like Dr. House on tv...popping Vicodine like they were tic-tacs.
Well, she had the back surgery. What a beautiful difference it made.

I do not know how your pain must feel to you, but I can understand through tending with my mother, the tornment you must be enduring. I am so very sorry. Yes, dear sammy, I will continue praying for you. Gentle hug to you.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Still praying for you, sammy!!

Wishing everyone a blessed Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday!!

Hugs to all!!!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening God Thought Friends,

It is so good to come here and see you all here and read your posts....be encouraged to pray for you, be encouraged to rejoice with you and laugh with you, and be encouraged to cry with you.

Sammy, sorry for your deep suffering. I'm very disappointed in your doctor being so uncaring. There is no excuse for that. May God make a way where there seems to be no way. May you be encouraged by God's loving care and presence.

Payne, I was blessed by your recent share by Angie.

MDW, thanks for sharing your thought provoking writes. Always a joy to read. Always inspiring.

Lymetoo, thanks for the updates. God does answer prayer.

Dekrator, as always...you faithfully post and encourage us.

Flutter and everyone...thanks for your prayers.

Blessings to all.

Sorry I have not been around much. I'll start a new God Thought thread and share an update. Much is going on with GWB and me.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement