LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Ann Romney M.S.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ann Romney M.S.
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure where I was suppose to put this article, but wanted to mention it.

Mitt Romney's wife has M.S. and since many of us know that a high percentage of Lyme Cases are misdiagnosed M.S., it does raise a red flag, especially with them being from MA where Lyme Disease is everywhere.

I am in no way making a political statement and not wanting to debate Mitt Romney for President. This is the article that mentions her M.S. and I'm reporting it only as possible Lyme news.

This is the quote from the article :

And with that, Romney spent several minutes explaining his values and his life experiences--beginning with his marriage to his wife, Ann, whom he called "the most important thing in my life." He said the greatest challenge in his life was when his wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Yesterdays article link:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt-romney-unscripted-moments-not-always-produce-gaffes-220134935.html

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's more. But as we know from G. Bush, having lyme disease does not mean you become an advocate.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/romney-wifes-ms-diagnosis-toughest-time-in-my-life-65124/

She has had this a long time.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What seems odd to me.. and maybe it shouldn't...She looks like she feels great. She's been on the campaign trail for months now. That would do us in .. seems it would be very difficult for any "MS" patient too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, i'd say lyme tho. and bush at least got treated by that doc in louisiana. don't know if he still is tho.

shame, we can't get more politicans to recognize this tho.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Lymetoo.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that she seems to be holding up pretty well for someone with EITHER M.S. or Lyme. And true again, that even with Bush being diagnosed, it was sort of swept under the rug.

I was seriously only putting this out there in case anyone had any other info. I do know she was diagnosed in the late 90's when her limbs were going numb and major fatigue.

Not a lot of talk about this diagnosis but since it did come back up in the news the other day, I wanted to put it out here.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katy Lu
Member # 36459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katy Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what about that golfer on the ads for some kind of arthritis and medication?
Posts: 14 | From Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickelson probably has Lyme. Just my thoughts... being a golfer puts him at HIGH risk.

I heard today that Ann Romney spent a year or two flat on her back.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every year more good stuf kicks in from the health care law.- (Obama care)

I only spend 5 bucks for part D Medicare now per month,and the most I have to pay for a prescription is 5 bucks top teir drug.

I read that next year the medicaid low end will be poverty level not one half poverty levil like now. I will then have 100 percent health coverage.With no spend down!!

Romney is running adds here in ohio,He says (THE FIRST THING I WILL DO IS END OBAMA CARE)?????

WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Obama care is the best thing ever happened for me.

MADDOG

Posts: 3997 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katy Lu
Member # 36459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katy Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog, although I understand how Obama Care helps some, it will cost alot of us working poor alot of money and less coverage/higher expense on our coverage.

It's all a double edged sword!

Posts: 14 | From Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Medicare costs will go UP once Obamacare kicks in.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wierd someone with so much money would not get txed

actually-my guess is she is being txed by one of the best llmds but sworn to secrecy about it---they probably have portable O2 chamber and rife etc etc

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my sister still has to carry a supplement cause she never paid social security and she pays so much per month.

i pay 357 now for bc/bs. i may have costs go down a little.

obama has said he is going to raise tricare rates tremendously. they could go up 300 percent!! that's going to kill military retirees.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not hard to find out the facts on any of these healthcare issues, so people really ought to check before they post inaccurate information.

Here is the scoop on tricare increases, and the reasons for it:

http://www.veteransunited.com/network/tricare-increasing-coverage-costs-for-retired-military/

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 2014 the medicaid rate goes to poverty levil,not one half poverty levil plus a little.

I won't have a spend down.

Everyone who makes less than 15000 a year will have great coverage.

http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insurance/low-cost-care/medicaid/index.html

I bet it will be pro rated from there not a place were everyone falls off a cliff at over poverty levil.

Probably every thousand over that you will have a spend down but it will still be better than now.

Medicare cost may go up but only after a certain income.

I will not be affected I am shure.

The plan is called affordable health care!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3997 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i did not post inaccurate information. if you check with military.com and the military officers association of america, you will find they are saying the same thing.

oh and here is a direct quote from gertz himself:

"Under the new plan, the Pentagon would get the bulk of its savings by targeting under-65 and Medicare-eligible military retirees through a tiered increase in annual Tricare premiums that will be based on yearly retirement pay.

Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent--more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048."

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement