LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » UK nastiness begins: public denigration of this forum and LLMDs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK nastiness begins: public denigration of this forum and LLMDs
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyme movement, including this forum and specifically named LLMDs and the Igenex lab, is being attacked and denigrated on a public Facebook page called Invest in ME.

IinME is a UK charity which is one of the best hopes for ME/CFS patients in that they have never bought into the idea that ME/CFS is a ``psycho social `` illness, and they are dedicated to calling for proper biomedical research. It's an important page there on Facebook, with over 1,700 ``likes''.

It's very good that they are allowing the debate to proceed, maybe because the original post is all about a very well-respected CFS/ME advocate having begun to post on his own blog about Scott Forsgren's web site with its recent info re Dr S:

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/scott-forgren-on-dr-samuel-shor.html

The person quoted below is clouding all of the issues and trying to make ME/CFS patients give up on the idea that some of them, or indeed many of them, could well be infected with Bb

What makes me most concerned is that although the chap seems to have a great deal of scientific knowledge yet he also has a certain nastiness in the way he writes. And a secrecy about himself too, as he has declined to answer questions as to what scientific or medical training he has.

This type of thing is new to the UK.

I've never seen such a determined effort from someone who supposedly gave up on the fact that he had Lyme over 10 years ago, but has nevertheless kept himself up-to date on the very latest Lyme happenings and research.

Please read the thread, which is the only one there on the Facebook page with hundreds of comments.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5804522506/10150604064797507/

Some of you with knowledge of the science may wish to ask to join the page and help to add to the voices speaking the truth. It would be much apperciated - thanks [Smile]

This is one of the nasty comments below, but there are many others that sail close to the wind re libelling LLMDs and Igenex and 2 UK doctors.

<<Mike Green:
PS look up the article "Chronic Relapsing Neroborreliosis" where treatment response was charted weekly in response to antibiotics. Response was almost immediate. This article is by a pro-lyme disease doctor.

Please, everyone, look up the hard data and follow the evidence. If it works or helps you, that is great. But this whole lyme thing is an utter can or worms with so much misinformation, most of it from a fringe group of American doctors. Bill Harvey once claimed the entire world was infected with lyme disease through congenital transmission. We need some perspective. I fell for the lyme thing myself, and I have friends that chased the idea they had lyme to the extent of almost killing themselves with heavy duty drugs, they have never been the same.
11 March at 16:34 �>>

There is a lot more like this, quite often with sweeping statements that are not backed up by references, yet references are given for other things.

Best wishes from Andromeda

[ 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 180 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must be Wormser's nephew, just trying to protect his inheritance [Wink]

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andromeda13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Facebook image (with no details of his hometown or any personal data) is just a picture of a reclining frog, and he used to be known as Kermit FrogSquire.

He doesn't sound ill, to have kept up the pace of his posts.

He says something about the microscope he just happened to have, was a "standard research microscope" - not many people have such things - yet he will not admit to any qualifications.

It would not be held against anyone to not have any degrees and so on, I'm sure of that in our forums, as many patients have actually taught themselves a lot since they began the fight for their health. So why does he not say either way?

Andromeda

Posts: 180 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These people have appeared on other forums. Not ever sure how many there are, one posing as several, or what. Some have bought into a named illness and don't want any defections from that group. Others may have tried lyme treatment and didn't ever understand that it can be incurable. Still others are sociopaths preying on sick people. And if there are moderators of a forum, they may be researchers or patients who also don't want any defections from a group. To discouage people from finding the real cause of their illness is disgusting.

Take your pick. I don't think it is possible to change any of the above types. If you want to try to help others with more accurate information to counter this crap, you can. I don't do this anymore. Too tiring. Some of the readers of this stuff do see thru it, some are too innocent to do their own thinking.

Seems to me that defamation is still a legal crime, whether it is done on the internet or in person.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ask him who he is. Cowards hide.

I went and read Scott Forsgren's write-up of Dr S in VA - it's a good write-up - I recommend it!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromeda13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8314

2 people have asked him already! And someone asked who was pulling his strings.

He is a very loquacious person for someone who says they have CFS. Yards of posts in the last few days.

A.

MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask him if he is Joel in the USA.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement