LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY?? March 19th to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY?? March 19th to
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Lyme Warriors.

Keeping last weeks thread until I can catch up on how you all have been doing and allow others who may need to catch up read it too.

Thanks for posting. It helps us all keep going.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to clear the car windshield of snow and ice this am but did not succeed.

So, went to the groomers via my long johns and reclining power chair with leg lifts.

Enjoyed the ride down. Started taking pics but the batteries in the camera went dead. Don't know when I will be able to get new batteries health wise.

1st time for Rosie to get groomed at the groomers in a long time. I was not able to answer the receptionist questions.

Brain freeze. But, my brain does that even when it is 80 degrees out so had nothing to do with the freezing temps out this am.

Have no idea what Rosie will look like when I go to pick her up. I was able to send an email after I got home and was laying in bed.

I dont' know if the place of business will get it before they groom Rosie or not. Most likely not.

They said they would call me when I got home to see what I wanted down with Rosie. But, I told them I don't answer the phone, can't do the phone thing either.

Didnt' think of communicating via keyboard until i got home.

At first they said they were just going to do a wash and dry. But, I was able to say no to that..she needed a cut...she gets overheated.

Difficult to think of when it is freezing out and snow is on the ground. But, tomorrow the snow will most likely be gone.

The ride home was not good. Felt like crying. I did so well on the way there. Still trying to recover.

I had big ideas of going to the grocery store and getting some food in the house, etc.

Now, I will need to wait until tomorrow. I will be OK.

Main thing I want to do is get batteries so I can take pics while the snow is here.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, it's 80 here in Auburn Alabama already. I'm miserable. What happened to winter this year in the south?

Lot's of errands this a.m. then off to work.

Haircut later then home around 9:30.

Later gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6162 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

80 degrees....so confusing

I hope you had a good day ALW

Able to ....something....oh yes...short trip in and out of dog park to let Rosie toilet before going into grocery store

Elec cart...short $20 trip with ear plugs at grocery store...wanted to do more but body and brain drained

Got home just in time as caregiver showed up.

She is making egg salad...it was yummy last time...i forgot to get eggs while at store so she only had 3 eggs left

Not able to read list again while at grocery store nor did I even bring it...things I did think of getting I did not have the stamina to get or brain power so headed home.

I think i have been off meds and supplements a week now...not sure...but do know it is time to start taking pills again

After being on biaxin and amoxy since 2008, I was hoping I could take a break..I did..but once again I learned I can't be off abx

..trying to connect with a lyme doc to get started on different treatment

..ONe was $600 for visit with assistant, then $400 for follow up then $600 for 3rd visit which would be LLMD herself.

..I also would need to travel out of state...that is not do able financially

..Wtg to hear from two others...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes. That's a lot of $$$, kam! I wouldn't be able to come up with that much either!!

Wolf.. glad to hear about your new job!! Sounds great! [Smile]

It's cool and rainy here... 40's to 60's .. will warm up to 70's by week's end.

Did pool therapy Monday, lots of neck and back pain afterwards. Chiro said the neck pain may work itself out as it's strengthening my neck due to the exercise. Trying to hang in there.

Got my brakes fixed Tues. Going to get my leaky windshield fixed today. More sitting .. oh joy. Better than walking I suppose!!

More pool therapy this morning. Didn't do squats this time in deference to my back. Whew! My foot hurts from driving yesterday and today. Good grief!

Ok.. off to the shower to wash off the rest of the chlorine.

Take care, everyone!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow kam---it was 77 in nh when you had snow---it was above 80 today in nh

im procrasinating about going back to mts but i will hve to soon cuz only have 1 more day meds

its been beautiful-but yesterday a small amount of walking messed up my legs so much i was using 2 canes at end of day.

i slept great-woke up painfree...didnt do too much today...but just now it feels lke my righ ankle is going to give way so im back on 1 cane

this is just minimal walking to take care of myself...no exercise...the leg pain scares me---thoughts of lipitor and als...

such a lovely condition we all live with

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, kayak... hope it gets better soon!!!

Got my leaky car fixed. It was a seal around an "air box".. not my windshield as first mechanic told me!

That is good news! Got it fixed in one hour for a cost of $41!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hurray! Very good Tutu

Kayak...hoping with rest you will be back on your feet again...literally

tutu...i hate it when you think you are doing things to help and it doesn't but makes it worse

tricky condition we live with

heading out now to the trailhead..if I cant' walk, then I will drive on the dirt road so rosie can stretch her legs...

wondering if there is goign to be any snow left on the ground...maybe in the shady areas

kam
Member # 3410

Ok Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest with a rest half way.

3 Golden Retrievers ran up to Rosie. I was a bit stressed until I saw they were friendly.

There were 3 Golden Retrievers who use to come to the dog park. One attacked Rosie...who would have thunk it??

Time to get my long johns off. The weather is warming up.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

They were friendly but they attacked her?? Is she OK?

Good job on the loop!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

TWo different sets of Golden REtrievers....one group of 3 from the dog park....it was from that group that one of them attacked her

And the group of 3 we saw on the trail yesterday...they were fine...one just wanted to play with her..the others continued on down the trail.

Able to make a short stop at the dog park this am...no one around...to toilet Rosie before going to the grocery store.

Very short trip in elec cart...reminded many moons ago..if I felt that lousy I would need to call in sick at work and lay down until I was doing better

..Now, I do the best I can within my limits

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much in the exercise department today. Just work then home to do some laundry.

Bad weather here so no walking today.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6162 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sat at home all day waiting for the landlord. He finally fixed a bunch of stuff.

One major biggie for me: He found out that the reason the little soap door wouldn't open in my dishwasher is that the tray was in BACKWARDS.

We've been here 4 yrs.. this is the 3rd landlord that's looked at it. Finally, my dishwasher will work right now!! It never got the second wash!!!

[bonk]

Will go for an evaluation tomorrow with my PT. (feet)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu....good news about the DW....I am not able to get the second wash either.

Several maintenance people have tried to fix it. I have been wtg until I have what it takes to have this maintenance guy look at it.

I need to fill out a fix it form. That is what has been holding me back.

As I am typing this, I solved the problem. I will type out the request and add it to the fix it form.

I can't always write long hand or print usually.

ALW...hoping to do laundry here this am. It has been 2 weeks.

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu....good news about the DW....I am not able to get the second wash either.

Several maintenance people have tried to fix it. I have been wtg until I have what it takes to have this maintenance guy look at it.

I need to fill out a fix it form. That is what has been holding me back.

As I am typing this, I solved the problem. I will type out the request and add it to the fix it form.

I can't always write long hand or print usually.

ALW...hoping to do laundry here this am. It has been 2 weeks.

Not feeling quite human yet.

I was able to take Rosie around the blk in the leg lift power chair that reclines. Body still hurt.

Did not put on my gloves until the last stretch. No hat this am either. Getting warmer out.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ask them to see if the tray is in there backwards. The way mine was, it prevented the little door to open up because it hit the tray!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello guys, how's everyone doing?

I haven't done much in the way of exercise the past few days. Well, I did get my housework and laundry done, so that makes me happy.

My head seems to be much clearer today. It's my week off artemisinen, don't know if that matters. And I'm up to my full dose of banderol and lived to tell the tale, so we'll keep attacking the badguys.

I've spent the morning drawing. It's so great to have a semi-working brain. It's a warm and sunny day and I'm going for a little spin on my bike. Heaven.

Ciao for now!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like promising news, jimmy!! So glad you have a creative outlet.

PS... I won't be seeing the podiatrist next week. He tried to come back to work and his leg swelled up. I'm supposed to call in 2 wks. SIGH.

I just called for an apptm with a Dr about 40 miles away. Scheduled for Apr 5.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

2 loads of laundry last night, scrubbed the inside of the shower curtain this a.m.

Saturday, going to clean my Mom's house and what ever else she wants me to do. Know we'll run a couple of errands too.

Going to visit my hubby's employer's church on Sunday. He's going to play golf afterwards and I might go visit with my Mom again.

Anyways, looks like a busy weekend.

BTW, what I wouldn't give for a dishwasher. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gees...i cant imagine doing the housework you guys do

i am back up north and spent the day cooking real food and catching up laundry and picking up what i could that looked ugly in the yard after the snow melted...

but really i couldnt do much. my right ankle is still bad. every step feels like it might collpse so i am in wc a lot .

i get orthotics wed and hope that helps the walking issues.

i want so much to get to be able to do real exercise. i havent gained weight thru all this but i am bigger. i guess my muscle has turned to fat.

sigh...but its great spring is coming right?

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I wanna live in AK mom's house. It must be CLEAN!!! I would live at AK's house, but she doesn't have a dishwasher! [lol]

kayak... hang in there! Spring is on the way and so are the new orthotics!!

I'm sending my new ones back. Big disappointment.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...good for you...you keep on moving and doing what you can

ALW...have fun...

RE: DW...it depends on the DW. I ahd a good one when I owned my own home. The one here at the apartments ...well...not so good.

Tutu...sigh

jimmy...fun to read your post..put a smile on my face

havne't moved much today although I have a few things I would like to get done.

I hope I hope

lpkayak
Member # 5230

TA DAAAA!!! i was on the elliptical for 2 minutes

didnt dare do more

my first exercise today was putting on some sort of combat boot sneakers i found...they are old but fit and were very supportive

so i felt brave about getting on ex-macine

my thighs were burning and i was breathing hard in 2 minutes!!! yikes am i in bad shape. but my feet didnt hurt so if i do 2-3 min a few times each day...MAYBE...i will be on my way

im doing a bunch of paperwork today...got my inc tax refund back!!!

happy spring all!!!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, kayak!!

Quit reminding me that I need to do my taxes!! [Wink] My neck hurts so bad, it's going to be murder on me.

A beautiful spring day here... airing out my damp car floorboard today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, Kayak, you put me to shame. I'd probably pass out on the eliptical in about 45 seconds.

Tutu, you crack me up. My sentiments exactly on Wolfi's mom's house. I want it.

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] [Big Grin] Jimmy!!

My husband came home this afternoon while my car windows were down.. He looked inside to see how things were going and he set off the alarm! [lol]

I said I was glad to know that it works so well!

PS.. My car is pretty dry and doesn't stink anymore! I don't think it got moldy, just smelled funny.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang... I was a bit hesitant to post this earlier in the week, but I will leave it here for awhile since I trust you guys!!

This is my chiropractor... He saved 2 lives last Sunday while on a motorcycle ride with his son. The wrecked car flipped right in front of their cycle. He could have been killed, but then saved people from a burning car.

His receptionist told me the whole story... he is quite the hero. He told me he wasn't going to let them die. And get this.. he made the other rescuer stay.. the other guy saw the flames and wanted to leave. My Dr said YOU are STAYING.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-bystanders-pull-a-driver-out-of-his-wrecked-and-burning-car-in-stone-county-20120318,0,3688330.story

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to do some laundry last night. Still need to fold and put it away.

2 loads went into the dryers.

2 loads were hung up here in the apartment

Need to figure out when to do the laundry without the smells of the dryer sheets and other peoples laundry soap.

Thinking of asking maintenance men to let me know when he has just cleaned out the laundry room....I assume he wipes down the inside of washer and dryers but need to find out.

Then if health allows I could put my laundry in.

Tutu...very cool about your chiro.

Not able to read the article righ tnow.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam... there's a video of the interview... if you can tolerate that...?

I haven't done any physical stuff today, unless you call singing in church physical!! [Wink]

Have a great day!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..audio is out on computer

Yes I would call singing in church physical.

1st you need to move the body to get dressed, walk to the car, walk from the car to the church, etc etc

My new primary doc told me to try singing to help me with my breathing.

Able to go to the grocery store this am. The guy standing behind me at check out heard me ask for help getting the groceries in the car.

He helped instead. Who was that masked man?

I looked at him and tried to see what he looked like but face recognition was not there this am...I was pretty well done in by the time I got to the car.

I also saw his bag of groceries on top of his car when I drove off but could not see what kind of horse he was riding.

So, once again when I see someone and they think they know me, I won't have a clue why.

Hoping to be able to put away the unfrig items sometime today.

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Tutu, thanks for sharing that article. There are indeed heroes in this world, in big ways, and in small ways like Kam's masked man at the store.

Well guys, I've had a pretty big day for myself. Stopped and talked with a neighbor and didn't goof up any words or thoughts (at lease not that I know of).

Then, drove (ta-da) out in crazy traffic to go pick up some pills. And then ... wait for it ... stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few items. Something I have been physically and mentally unable to do unescorted for months.

I'm giddy with a sense of accomplishment. My well-intentioned husband doesn't want me to be sad if I'm sick and in a heap tomorrow. But today we celebrate the small victories.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam.. I'm sure he was just trying to help! You probably don't "know him" at all! I'm sure his horse was a beautiful Palamino!

GREAT JOB, jimmy!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

PS to kam.. Yes, going to church IS physical for me! Hard on the feet since I am there several hours, and singing often makes my neck hurt worse. I also have to stand for the entire first service since I lead the singing. I love it though! Not complaining!

correction .. I sit during the sermon! LOL .. Pastor appreciates that!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement