LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Don't wanna do it anymore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't wanna do it anymore
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bern in treatment a year. Some improvement not alot. Don't wanna do it anymore . I told my bf of 6 yrs to move on. I just don't wanna do it.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you've got to. you'll see improvement. believe me. finding a good doc is a huge part of it.

i have not been in treatment for 3 years and i finally found one.

i had a slew of dr's appts and i cancelled all of them. tests and more tests. i said "wth, i'm going with my llmd and nobody else. i'm tired, grouchy".

i've been told i'm crazy, have issues, overweight, depressed, you name it, i've been called it.

so don't give up. there is hope. nad yes you need a good support system too.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have a great llmd and famous one. I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia386,

Please don't give up.

You don't know it, but you have given me hope to keep going in the past.

We all know this struggle sucks. However, our suffering is not in vain.

[group hug]

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Just feel so low and sad and want my life back.

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems endless. Take what you have to to get you through. I don't care how famous your doctor is, once its open, its hell to close up. Im no expert on this, ocd wreaks today, but keep going. When it subsides, its life and its worth it.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to keep going.
Life and good health is so worth it.
I felt the same as you and now I am well and pursuing my dreams.

Optimism is key

You can do it!

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget, this is a marathon not a sprint. You have come too far to turn back now. You have to believe it to achieve it. Tricia this is the lyme talking, dont let it win. Deny it and show it who is boss.

You can do this !

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One year of your life is not very long.

Look at it in terms of your lifetime and the quality of life that it can give you.

If you fight now and treat everything properly as needed then you will have a better chance at living a full good life.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

I know I know, m,y boyfriend keeps telling me to change my attitude. I keep fighting bc we so badly want to get married. But I want to be well before any of that. And hes willing to wait forever he said.

I have been sick since Apirl 2010. Didnt get in Lyme treatment till April 2011.

I see Dr.H. I just feel so defeated.

--------------------

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia, do not give up. A year in treatment is a long time, but think of it as an investment in a healthy future.
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Its just so hard. I want to be a normal 26 year old. Its suppose to be an exciting time in my life and its anything but that. [Frown]

--------------------

aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you have a great boyfriend that's willing to stay through thick and thin...that's rare these days.

It seems like "anniversaries" in treatment are hard. Last month, I hit the 1 year mark of having daily fevers...it really freaked me out. Sounds like you hit the one year mark of being in treatment and it's freaking you out.

Of course you're feeling some grief over what you pictured life being like. How could you feel otherwise given the circumstances?

Thankfully, you're still young. You have to believe your best years are still out in front of you...because it's true.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

I just hope everyday, I can beat this.

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia386, instead of hoping, know that you can. Believe it with all of your heart and soul.

(( hugs ))

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there and never give up. I've been at this 4 years and am doing very well. I expect you'll get there faster considering the great LLMD you have.

I also think it helps to live your life. Maybe you keep the wedding on hold for now, but find something else that will make you happy today. Start planning the wedding...one detail at a time.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks blinkie! You are right. I need to have a more positive outlook

--------------------

psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia -
I just celebrated my 30th month of Lyme: mostly I am back to normal but I still remember those days: just not wanting to do it anymore. I think it is normal to go through mourning for your old self: but you will get better, and you need to let the bf follow his own path - and if that's taking care of you, you need to accept it.

Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement