LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I made it!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I made it!!!!
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryland Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the years, I've heard so many people asking, is there any hope of full recovery from chronic Lyme?

It is to those people that I write this. At about this date in the year 2000, I woke up one morning in Maryland with a deer tick embedded in my thigh. I developed an EM rash around the bite, but was denied antibiotics by the doctor I consulted.

In May 2001, I had become so sick I could hardly get out of bed for at least half the days of each month.

By May 2002, I was several months into treatment for Lyme with oral and IV antibiotics. My herxes were so severe, the herxes nearly killed me a couple of times.

I required treatment for Lyme and coinfections for years. I suffered from many neurological symptoms, endured several bouts of encephalitis and meningitis, had severe fatigue and joint pain, experienced pituitary malfunctions, and cardiac problems. My LLMD stated several times that I was probably in the category of people who would require maintenance antibiotics for the rest of my life just to survive.

This May, I am now off of antibiotics and all other treatments for four years. AND, I just graduated from nursing school, with honors.

Chronic Lyme can be beat!!!! Don't ever give up.

Posts: 962 | From Charleston | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!!! Congratulations on the graduation and on beating LYME!!!!
[woohoo]

Please post your story here also!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/15820

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I needed to hear this today, thanks and God bless.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Simply:

WOW. Oh, WOW! So fabulous to hear all this good news.

Off abx for four years now AND "just graduated from nursing school, with honors"

Congratulations to you. Have a fabulous life, now.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excellent!!!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! That just made my day. I am so proud of you!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy for you and SO proud of you....

What wonderful news!!!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you tell us how you beat it Maryland Mom?
Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on getting well and for graduating with honors!!

Thanks for sharing your good news!!

I'm very happy for you!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for coming on here and telling us! What a story!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is FANTASTIC!!

Honors yet! How inspiring!

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME!!!

Great to hear, especially for those of us still deep in the trenches!

Congrats!

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!! [Smile]

Thanks for posting. It gives me hope for our daughter.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryland Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your well wishes, everyone! I hope my story gives some of you encouragement.

I don't get on this site often anymore since I am well, but I have some close friends who have recently been diagnosed, and that got me thinking about all those who are still in the trenches, looking for hope, looking for the right diagnosis, right doctor, right treatment...

You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers. Don't ever give up!! I hope to read YOUR success stories one day.

P.S. trialthetelymie, I tried to answer your PM, but your mailbox is full.

Posts: 962 | From Charleston | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! Your story is really inspiring for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NaNaFer
Member # 27457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NaNaFer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so excited for you, Congrats in your accomplishments. This lifts my spirits of hope! I have been ill since 2003 diagnosed Aug 2010 only after seeing lyme literate dr. [Smile]
Posts: 3 | From NE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are living proof that there IS LIGHT at the end of this tunnel!

Thanks so much for sharing!

May you be blessed, and be a blessing to others, in your new career!

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's so encouraging

thanks for posting and congrats!

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome! I find this very encouraging. Thank you for sharing this with us.

You are exactly where I aspire to be. I plan on going to nursing school as soon as I am well enough to do so. After everything I have been through I want to get into the medical field.

Thank you again for sharing this and giving us encouragement!!

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! I'm sure your story of hope has inspired many here.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you !!!!!!!!! [woohoo] [spinning smile]
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Thanks again for all the congratulations!! Studying for NCLEX (state licensing exam) now, and excited about what the future holds.

If only we had a good LLMD near where I now live--I would love to work for one and give back to the people affected by Lyme in that way.

P.S. nonna05, your mailbox is full.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What wonderful news to hear. Some of us feel close to losing hope. It is so uplifting to hear stories like yours. God bless you.

Who was your doc? What treatments were the ones that turned things around for you?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

I can understand why people may want to know how I got well. I remember all too well how it feels to be too ill to function so much of the time, to feel lost in some hostile, uncharted territory, desperately searching for someone to draw me a map out!

Obviously, what worked for me will not necessarily work for everybody, and I'm sure there are treatments I didn't try that may be quite effective.

That being said...since 2002, I have been treated by 3 different LLMDs. Without giving out names here, I'll just say the first was in Maryland, and after a year he asked me if he could refer my case to a prominent LLMD who was practicing in NY at that time.

I became a patient of the NY LLMD for several years, but after moving further south, I transferred to another prominent LLMD who is now practicing in DC.

I was also under the care of a Lyme literate endocrinologist for several years.

As for the treatments that worked for me: I did many rounds of antibiotic therapy, in various combinations of orals, IV, and IM injections.

I was evaluated repeatedly for coinfections, tested positive and was treated for Ehrlichia and mycloplasma pneumoniae in addition to Lyme. I also did several rounds of Mepron and mefloquine for a Babesia coinfection.

I did mostly pulse therapy in courses of varying lengths depending on the severity of my illness at that time, and the severity of my herxes. I took antibiotic "holidays" at intervals prescribed by my LLMD.

I took a lot of supportive supplements (but only those recommended by my LLMD!), including Mg, multivitamins, CoQ10, fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, B12 injections, and others as the need arose.

Under the care of my endocrinologist, I started treatment for severe thyroid, adrenal, and growth hormone deficiencies.

I maintained a low carb, high protein diet that included lots of raw veggies and lean meats.

I exercised regularly.

I sought help from my doctor as needed for pain and sleep problems.

And I prayed--a lot!!!

I think that my therapy followed Burrascano's treatment guidelines pretty closely, and for me, it worked. It took about 7 years of treatment before the last of my symptoms finally fell away, and the relapses stopped.

I think the number one most important aspect for me, and for everyone is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Keep a sense of humor, and celebrate the victories each day, no matter how small!

I hope this helps a little! [Smile]

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are wonderful to share the good news on your recovery. Congratulations on beating lyme and obtaining your nursing degree. Nursing school is not easy. Good luck on the NCLEX and may the rest of your life be full of happiness and health.
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back here and encourage us!

I have been so discouraged lately and wanting to give up, but you give me hope!

Congrats on the nursing degree!!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such an awesome and inspirational story!!!

Thanks for taking the time to come back and tell us about your recovery!

Congratulations!!!

Posts: 169 | From The Poconos | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You...Sounds like the endocrinologist played a big part in your healing .

Prayer and a good attitude / also...the excersise!

I pray the Lord uses you in a mighty way with your nursing skills...
Gods Speed, Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is hope, even after seven years.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Your patients will be blessed.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love button!!!!

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Thank you for sharing. And congratulations.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when a plan comes together! Congratulations! Be well and have some fun!

Hugs!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the encouragement. I recently have been depressed hearing about all the people that have not been able to beat this disease. It does my heart good to hear that it is and can be beat. You go girl!
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy to hear your great news!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story and give others hope!

Congratulations on your nursing degree, may your future bring you nothing but excellent health and happiness!

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wanthealthback
Member # 34422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanthealthback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!! As you expressed, I'm in the scared, do i have the right doctor, phase...

I can't thank you enough for sharing. I'm learning to manage. The lessons i need are big.

If you can, please share your doctor's name. I'm in pa and the places you mentioned are reasonable travel distances for my health and budget.

Again, THANK YOU....i will get better.

Posts: 9 | From Anytown, usa, closer to NE states | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you:)
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chastain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! It is always nice to read about success stories on here!
Posts: 651 | From ct | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelp
Member # 36878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS!!!!!

So happy to hear you are doing fabulous...stay that way.

It gives so many people the encouragement to go on and fight till its gone..

Thank you for posting!

God Bless and good health for the future...no more lyme [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
Angelp

Posts: 78 | From connecticut | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Thank you again for coming back and posting ,responding..
You're right we can feel so helpless at times ,even though we are taking everything plus the kitchen sink in..

Time just goes so slow waiting for a sign of wellness and yet a week will go by and I'll still think I just missed a day or two,,.

It's the weirdest thing being held down.....

I just want to take my Happy Camper pill and get on with the show... Hit at 48-49 ish. Waiting ,in my mind to start there and catch=up..Yeah right! [Roll Eyes]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MarylandMom, thank you so much for sharing all of this (you rock). I needed this today (depressed from an abx I'm on). I am so happy to hear that you made it, and am thrilled that you came back and posted on your success!

quote:
Originally posted by Maryland Mom:
...As for the treatments that worked for me: I did many rounds of antibiotic therapy, in various combinations of orals, IV, and IM injections.

I was evaluated repeatedly for coinfections, tested positive and was treated for Ehrlichia and mycloplasma pneumoniae in addition to Lyme. I also did several rounds of Mepron and mefloquine for a Babesia coinfection.

I did mostly pulse therapy in courses of varying lengths depending on the severity of my illness at that time, and the severity of my herxes. I took antibiotic "holidays" at intervals prescribed by my LLMD.

I took a lot of supportive supplements (but only those recommended by my LLMD!), including Mg, multivitamins, CoQ10, fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, B12 injections, and others as the need arose.

Under the care of my endocrinologist, I started treatment for severe thyroid, adrenal, and growth hormone deficiencies.

I maintained a low carb, high protein diet that included lots of raw veggies and lean meats.

I exercised regularly.

I sought help from my doctor as needed for pain and sleep problems.

And I prayed--a lot!!!

I think that my therapy followed Burrascano's treatment guidelines pretty closely, and for me, it worked. It took about 7 years of treatment before the last of my symptoms finally fell away, and the relapses stopped.

I think the number one most important aspect for me, and for everyone is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Keep a sense of humor, and celebrate the victories each day, no matter how small!

I hope this helps a little! :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

I am so glad when I can help and/or encourage some people here!! It breaks my heart to hear of so many people struggling so much. Those of us who have found success of any type in this battle against Lyme all need to pay it forward.

Hopefully, we will all beat this disease eventually!

Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Nonna, I PM'ed you earlier today. Hope you're doing okay! [Smile]
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like, like, like, like, like! Congrats. It is so nice to hear.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheelWatcher
Member # 34223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WheelWatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for coming here and sharing your story!

Sometimes it is so hard to find hope.... Stories like yours are very important to hear.

--------------------
IgM ++41, IND 31, 34, 39, 83-93
IgG IND 41

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." - unknown

Posts: 72 | From NC | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you soo much for sharing!

Congratulations!

And thanks for giving us hope!

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing!

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Congratulations to you.

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 187 | From Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill-c
Member # 37848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill-c     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear!!
Posts: 2 | From Alaska | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Wonderful news... thank you for sharing that you have recovered!
Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff S
Member # 38092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for some hope !! My daughter was just diagnosed this week after going to the emergency room on sunday with what turned out to be belles palsy. She lives in Baltimore and we are looking for some help and some hope here.. I just joined here last night
Posts: 3 | From new columbia , pa. | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Welcome to Lymenet, Jeff!

I just sent you a PM.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!!!

I love nurses who have or have had Lyme, they make the best healthcare practitioners.

My sister had Lyme and also graduated Nursing school with honors thereafter.

Continued success and thanks for posting, we all need the encouragement.

[ 07-03-2012, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Lymedin2010 ]

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome story! Thanks for coming back and sharing. God bless you!
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I missed this thread.

YAY!!! for you. Thanks for sharing.

You're gonna be an AWESOME nurse. [Smile]

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Thanks again, everyone!

I got my license and my official notification that I've passed state boards in the mail today.

I am officially a licensed Registered Nurse! [Smile]

triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-)

Woot woot!!!

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What field will you specialize in? Any interest in the Lyme treatment arena?

If I could change professions I probably would and go into research.

How bad would you say your twitches and tremors were while you were sick? Were they from head to toe? Did you feel like something larger was in your body and squirming or moving around?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much Maryland Mom for sharing your deliverance from this hellish disease! I've been so discouraged tonight, but you have given me HOPE to carry on and believe my son and I can get through this. God Bless You!
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement