LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I'm really scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm really scared
js8
Member # 37715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for js8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,
I am so scared. I just needed to say that to some people who understand exactly what I am going through.

I have my dr apt for testing with Dr. Z (in Michigan) Monday morning and I am so scared. I'm scared that he won't diagnose me and I won't have any answers to my 5 years of agony and I'm terrified that he WILL diagnose me and the long road to come.

I'm also terrified because the more I read about kids and lyme, I really think at least my 8 year old may have it.

She has severe anger and mood swings and can't control her bladder day or night. My 4 year old never has accidents in the day and rarely at night.

I'm thinking I've had this way longer than I thought. Maybe even as a child. I remember going shopping with my mom as a little girl and having to sit down in the mall frequently to rest.

My mom was like "That's not normal. If a child has to sit and rest there's something wrong" - but she wasnt suggesting we actually check into it - she was frustrated with me. I don't blame her - who would think their kid has lyme with all the false info out there?

But now I'm thinking I passed it to my daughter during pregnancy! I don't know if this would have anything to do with Lyme, but my water broke 5 weeks early with her pregnancy, so she ended up being a preemie. Dr. Z sees kids, so I think I'll make an apt for her when I'm there on Monday...

[ 06-06-2012, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: js8 ]

Posts: 33 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's all very frightening. I guess the only way to look at it is that now you can get well. Children bounce back pretty quickly, so there is a lot of hope for your daughter too!

Since you will soon be a veteran of this, you might want to know that it is LYME, not lymes.

If you find a Dr who says lymes, RUN!

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me diagnosis was the first step to recovery.

Good luck!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was relieved when I received a confirmation. I then knew what I was dealing with.

Try to focus on your care while you are there and make the appointment for your daughter when you are finished with your appt. As Mom's we are tempted to put our kids first, and you need this time for you -when mom gets well it makes the family better!

Have a good list of symptoms, questions and if possible take someone with you to take notes. I forgot everything by the time I got home.

Let us know how it goes.....God bless.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah...after 15 yrs of telling me it was in my head i celebrated when i got the diagnosis

it was the beginning of long hard work...but better than being ignored and called crazy

3 of my kids got good tx as children and grew up to go to college and marry be pretty healthy...just get a good doc and prioritize treatment for all of you...and come here for support

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryland Mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryland Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a proper diagnosis is the first step to getting better! Remind yourself of that when you feel your anxiety level rising.

Nobody here will tell you that treatment will be fast or easy, but it can be done. I like to think of myself as one of the success stories, since I have been off all treatment and am symptom free for three years now, after being very ill with chronic Lyme for 10 years.

My 5 children have all had Lyme as well, and they are all doing well now too. My older daughter once missed an entire year of high school because she was too sick to attend--this year she graduated from college summa cum laude!!

Try to relax this weekend, and think of this upcoming appointment as an opportunity to begin getting yourself and your kids well. Whatever your diagnosis turns out to be, you will be one step closer.

I second Dogsandcats' advice regarding your appointment. Make a list of questions to ask before you go, and get written notes on everything covered during your appointment. There will be a lot of information to take in.

Let us know how it goes!

Posts: 962 | From Charleston | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see your feelings here, but believe me/us, it's a lot better to know what you're dealing with and be able to deal with it than be stumbling around in the dark like so many of us do for so long.

Treatment occurs in three categories: kill/deter the organisms, detox and fortify the body. You can read here what people try, by using the search function at the top of the page and typing in any word or phrase, and archived threads will come up. Keep in mind that we're all different when it comes to what works.

Even though it's frankly awful what's happening to so many of us, at least now there's millions of us going through it and you'll have a lot of support for figuring out best ways to proceed with you and your daughter.

Re your mom's misunderstanding of you, misunderstanding is so typical, when people have no clue. The important thing now is to be able to address the real situation finally, to have a chance to feel better.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
js8
Member # 37715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for js8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, everyone, so much. I can't tell you how much your support means to me!
Posts: 33 | From Michigan | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEP... always take a notebook with you. Have a list of questions.. and a place to write down what the Dr says.

Many Drs give handouts with pertinent info .. Hope yours will too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you find out for sure , the battje is half done.

Think of how long the road was,,to get info you now know,,,,and find right source for future correct info.

YOU know in your heart that info is priceless

Use it in the way God intended,let him guide your heart and actions

It will all work out but you need baby steps before you learn to run with it .

you will get there,just take one step at a time

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
js8
Member # 37715

Thank you so much...I truly treasure all the wonderful love and support I have found here! There's nothing like having the support of people who know exactly what you've been through!
js8
Member # 37715

PS - Lymetoo, thanks for correcting my misspelling of Lyme! ;o)
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have been SO scared, just like you. I was diagnosed about four months ago and if that wasn't scary enough, my son was diagnosed about two months ago. The unknown is the scariest part. You will soon know and you will be heading down the path of recovery:)
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement