LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought - June 2012 to September 2012 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought - June 2012 to September 2012
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to be back on God Thought. Stuff has just been happening (as I shared on the last God Thought thread). Thank you all for moving forward and keeping God Thought going...ministering to one another. Blesses my heart greatly. I'll be back as often as I can. Thank you for your grace to me.

So...you know we moved from Oklahoma to Florida. I wrote a blog and thought I'd share it with you (something I've not done before).

May you be blessed,

The sun was setting behind us (hubby and me) as we neared the Arkansas border. The sun was big and bright orange. The road we were on had an uphill incline. We witnessed the longest lasting sunset ever!

Many memories flooded my mind of the past 23 years living in Oklahoma. Good and bad. This day was an exciting day and at the same time it was a sad day. We were excited for the New Beginning that lay before us in Florida; and yet, we were sad for the family, friends, and our church home we were leaving behind in Oklahoma.

The sun reflected in all mirrors and I continued watching this beautiful sunset, mesmerized at the amazing sight. The clouds began reflecting rays of various shades of pink and orange that stretched across the sky (just like you see in those cowboy paintings..for real!) Then...finally...it was black.

The next day when we left Arkansas and continued our drive east...the sun greeted us as it began to rise...a new day filled with promise and possibility.

We continued our drive to the Sunshine State and I thought...new Beginning in the Sonshine State.

Keep focused on the Son and see, and experience, all that lies ahead! ``For I know the plans I have for you,'' declares the Lord, ``plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'' (Jeremiah 29:11).

[ 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: daisyrlb ]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, daisy! [Smile]

I've done too much typing for now. Back later!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi daisy!! Glad to see you here.

I am definitely praying for gwb and you too.

Really enjoyed your blog! Beautiful words and a beautiful scripture. I could picture that amazing sunset and sunrise!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy ~ so good to 'see' you!

You're a great writer, I can picture the beautiful sunset.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching a movie called "Walk a Mile in his Shoes". The main character was walking with a girl at night.

They were looking at the stars. The girl asked the main character if he looked at the stars.

He told her that he and his mama looked at the stars on his farm.

Then he said, "My Mama said the stars are like God's promises. The darker the night, the greater they shine."

In this "dark night of the soul" for many of us, I pray that God's promises with shine through to give us hope, courage, and strength.

"This poor man cried and the Lord heard him and saved him from all his troubles". Psalm 34.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's sweet, soccermama! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
soccermama, We saw the movie "Walk a Mile in his Shoes. It was very good.

Your quote from this is perfect for this time.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings all! Have a wonderful day, it's Father's Day. To all the daddys...have a super blessed day.

soccermama, I like that story and so true! I'll have to look up that movie, sounds like a good one.

Soooo...where does our help come from?

Here is a hymn to bless by Isaac Watts
First line "O God our help in Ages past our hope for years to come" AMEN!

This video has the lyrics, it is sung by a choir. I was looking for a more modern version...anyway...still powerful truth. Jesus IS our help yesterday, today, and forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmF1ssvW5Q

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

They just sang that song on the Hour of Power today. I couldn't make it to church today. UGH.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisyrib: I needed to be reminded that He is my help today. It seems that my emotions get the best of me.

I have been reminding myself that His word says "Do not become weary in well doing for in due season you will reap a harvest if you faint not".

This illness my children and I are now battling is exhausting in more ways than one.

Discouragement can set in and then the mind thinks all kinds of things. Next, come the complaints out of the mouth.

Usually for me those complaints focus on what I perceive to be God's faithlessness.

What a lie!! So I choose to see and declare that my hope is in the Lord. Yes I trust that You are a good and faithful God. This song says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjNy4IDCII

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Here's an update on Caleb.. the one who had the ski accident in January. He's doing well!!! (Kurt is his dad)

Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD God is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:4

From January 13th, my birthday -
(Kurt called from hospital with this report:
Fever at 100 and below all night
Less coughing
Movements more localized
He's fighting hard!!!!)
We ended my birthday celebration with cake at St Anthony's Hospital in Denver, shared with friends and nurses on duty that night.

-

The birthday plans for today are to pick Caleb up after his therapies and take Kurt out to eat to celebrate. There is much to celebrate. God has done so much in healing Caleb. Again I would like to take time to count our blessings: Caleb has gone from no movement to walking, from feeding tube to feeding himself, from closed eyes to seeing, from not remembering to remembering so much, from agitation to calmness, from one to one care to independent care.

We believe God is still at work in complete healing of Caleb and are trusting His timing and provisions. The plans are to end the birthday celebration at Touchstone with residents and caregivers.

Isaiah 30:29 And you will sing as on the night you celebrate a holy festival; your hearts will rejoice as when people go up with flutes to the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel.

Please continue to pray for the eye procedure scheduled for next Wednesday, June 27th, for guidance in knowing the right place for outpatient therapy, for Caleb's patience in completing his stay at Touchstone, for continued strength in his body, and for short-term memory recall. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

We are seeing abundantly more......
Love, the jentsches
From Jesus Calling today: dance, sing, and celebrate My Presence!!!
What an invitation for your birthday...... A dance party [Smile] !

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon God Thought family,

I just got home yestereve from a two day Florida beach and sun; well needed break.... refreshed I do feel but sun burned terribly. My fault for acting more out of character than the norm...just like a disobedient child. Hah another story, another time.

I have a question or two on my heart and thought you could share with me....

In a moment in time, God met one of His prophets' needs on every level (Elijah) spiritually, physically, emotionally, and relationally.
In your own times of need, how has God met you in each of these ways?

If you googled "faith quotes," which ones would be your top three to share with me?

Blessed eve, [group hug]

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

How about these?

Martin Luther - ``The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people.''

Saint Augustine - ``If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.''

Oswald Chambers - ``The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else.''

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH WOW, thanks for sharing your favorites with me Lymetoo. I very much enjoyed your choices.
I think of the three you chose, I would choose as a reminder for myself, Saint Augustine - ``If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.''

How about these?

Corrie Ten Boom - "Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible"

Mother Teresa - "Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."

C. JoyBell C. - "I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going, and I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight that we force our wings to unfold and alas, begin our flight. And as we fly we still may not know where we are going, but the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going but you know that as long as you spread your wings, the wind will carry you."

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Those are very cool, MDW!! Corrie Ten Boom has a little history in this area.

Here is something to comfort us all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo

In Christ Alone

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bugsy
Member # 37572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some of my favorits:

Revelation 21:4
New International Version 1984

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.''

Isaiah 33:24
Good News Translation (GNT)

No one who lives in our land will ever again complain of being sick, and all sins will be forgiven.

--------------------
Bugsy

Posts: 36 | From South Carolina | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

Just a real quick moment with you this morn before I race out the door to begin the day. Well, the day already began..I was just in too much of a hurry to slow down till now, so I will take more than a moment (I type slow but gettin better).....

Lymetoo...I listened to your song choice of comfort, beautiful and make my eyes get wet, but have my make-up on; not waterproof. [Razz]

Bugsy.... What great promises you share, and yes, it did remind me of a quote by Bodie Thoene...
"One day we will meet beside the river and our Lord will dry every tear. For now, we must live in the joy of that promise and recall that for every generation life is hard, but God is faithful."

To trust God, to have faith, to not fear...tough ones aren't they? But when we struggle with any area of our faith, we can turn to God's Word. David the psalmist said, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" Psalm 119:105. We do not have to be super heros of faith but we can gain a better understanding of who our awesome God is. And the key to trusting God is when we have the understanding that God is on the throne and nothing can happen to us today, tomorrow thats has not passed through His loving, merciful hands.

I am not real sure who wrote this but is on my heart to share

When it comes to relying on God, we find comfort in knowing that God is with us. But that kind of with isn't a distant and far off kind of presence; no, God is with us in the minutest details of our lives. Whatever we're facing, God has a way of surprising us with presence and reminding us that nothing escapes his notice.

Blessed day everyone.

--------------------

Bugsy
Member # 37572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Jesus Endured

"At end of his earthly life drew near, Jesus endured cruelty upon cruelty. In addition to the extreme mental stress that he was under on his final night, consider the disappointment he must have felt and the humiliation he suffered. He was betrayed by an intimate associate, abandoned by his closest friends, and subjected to an illegal trial during which members of the highest religious court of the land ridiculed him, spit on him, and hit him with their fists. Yet, he endured it all with quiet dignity and strength.--Matthew 26:46-49, 56, 59-68."
Who did he rely on and pray to, God his father.

Jesus Brother James wrote:
(James 1:2-4) �Consider it all joy, my brothers, when YOU meet with various trials, �knowing as YOU do that this tested quality of YOUR faith works out endurance. �But let endurance have its work complete, that YOU may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything.

Food for thought...........

--------------------
Bugsy

Posts: 36 | From South Carolina | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Those are wonderful, Bugsy! thank you and we're so happy you've joined us!! [Smile]

MDW.. hope you are having a wonderful day!

Thanks to everyone at God Thought for faithfully praying for Caleb and Gage.

Here is the latest on Gage ( brain cancer .. HEALED! )

--

We can't believe our little boy is growing up so fast. Gage will be 9 on Monday! NINE!!! Wow we stand amazed. He is doing really well. His balance has improved this week a lot. Sunday he couldn't walk 20 feet without us and Monday he did. It is weird how that will happen. He can even walk carrying something now. That is a huge improvement. We do need to be close when he is walking in the middle of a room with nothing to grab but God is healing him. He is getting stronger and more confident now that he is able to go a bit further without us. Yesterday he got irritated at his therapist and she said,"what's wrong Gage?" Aand he said, "I don't want you to help me. I can do it by myself." And he did. HAHAHA He knew he could. His PT and OT do great with him. We are very fortunate.

The other kids are great too. Dane is still playing basketball with an AAU team. I take him to the gym often with me so he can shoot or play in a pick up game. He is a great help to me and such a kind, fun kid. Dealynn finished hip hop camp where she hip and hopped. [Smile] She is now in volleyball camp and comes home exhausted which has been wonderful. Andie Grace is running the house as always. She is a little fish in the pool and remains busy keeping the kids in line. She is so cute and did a great dance show for us last night. God love her.

Dan and I are trying to rest and trust Christ with our family. We are hopeful but cautious. We are praying that God will release us from feeling like it's a matter of time until a tumor shows up. Pray we can walk in victory and not in limbo. We hate being stuck here but it is what it is and only God can restore our confidence in Gage's healing. Pray for continued healing in Gage. We appreciate you all and hope your having an awesome summer!

Believing, (God help me when I doubt.)

Missy

--------------

ALSO... Caleb is moving to another facility .. proof that he is progressing well!! (see above on my earlier post!)

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hand of God in America's War for Independence

The Bible tells us that stormy winds fulfill God's Word (Ps. 148:8). God controls the weather and God knows what He is doing. God's Hand was involved in the Revolutionary War, our country's war for independence. The weather played a key role in at least two of the important battles.

General George Washington's first challenge of the war was to outsmart the British forces which were occupying the city of Boston. The British controlled the city of Boston; Washington made Cambridge his headquarters.

The British greatly outnumbered the so-called "rebels," and had more troops, more canons, and more gun powder. The British troops were very well trained, whereas the Americans were a group of farmers and common people.

They had volunteered to fight for freedom but had little battlefield experience and little military training.

However, the Americans had a brilliant general. One night Washington pulled off a great surprise. In total silence, in the darkness of night, and with the help of favorable weather conditions (including a fog which shielded them from British eyes), he moved his army to Dorchester Heights.

Being on higher ground was a huge advantage in war. At daybreak, the British commanders looking up at the Heights could scarcely believe their eyes as they saw the Americans up on higher ground.

They were totally surprised. General Howe, the British general, said, "These fellows have done more work in one night than I could make my army do in three months."

General Howe then made the decision to attack even though the Americans had the advantage of higher ground, as was the case earlier at Bunker Hill.

The Americans held the higher ground which is always an advantage in battle, but the British had a huge army which was well supplied. It would have been a very bloody battle with huge losses on both sides, and it probably would have changed the course of history.

The British General Howe decided to attack at night. It was early March, 1776. His troops were all ready. But the battle never happened. God did something! God intervened.

During the previous day the weather had been very pleasant; it was even abnormally warm. But by nightfall a storm raged. There was hail mixed with snow and sleet.

By midnight the wind blew with almost hurricane force. Windows were smashed and fences were blown over. One American lieutenant called it the worst storm that he was ever exposed to. The next morning the wind continued to blow and the snow and sleet changed over to a driving rain.

The British general had no choice. He could not fight under those conditions. So instead, the entire British army evacuated the city of Boston without a fight. If it wasn't for that blizzard, American history could have been very different.

The next major battleground was in and around Long Island and New York City toward the end of August in 1776. General Washington was fighting the British army, and had suffered serious losses.

The Americans were greatly outnumbered and the British navy controlled the waterways. He had no choice but to retreat. Washington along with 9000 men had to cross the East River from Brooklyn to Manhattan. It was their only way of escape.

At first they could not proceed with their planned retreat across the East River because the wind was contrary.

But God did something. God intervened. About eleven o'clock that night the northeast wind died down and then the wind shifted to the southwest. The weather was now favorable for the crossing.

When morning broke God sent a rare August fog so thick that the British could not see what was happening. At about eight in the morning the fog dispersed, the Americans had landed safely in Manhattan, and the enemy was now visible on the shore that they had just left from.

If they had not crossed the river, their army would have been destroyed. In a single night, 9,000 troops had escaped across the river and not a life was lost.

The only men captured were three who had hung back to plunder. The British army was utterly astonished. That the rebel army had silently vanished in the night under their very noses was almost inconceivable.

The God who controls the weather played a key role in these early stages of the Revolutionary War.

For complete documentation, see the book 1776 by David McCullough.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Pocono... Isn't God so very AMAZING!!! That was a great story. Imagine 9000 men crossing safely in that fog!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi friends,

I've missed everyone here. Is everyone doing well this summer? Staying busy? Out having fun? Is that why it's so quiet around here?

Or is everyone struggling right now too, having a difficult time?

I know I've been quiet. I haven't forgotten about anyone. I think of you all often.

Big hugs [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the story about the 9000 men escaping safely across the river in the fog! Wow! God is so good.

sammy, I have also been wondering about everyone. I'm praying that everyone is just busy enjoying the summer.

How are you doing, sammy? Is your pain any better?

I stopped antibiotics almost 2 months ago...was on them 3 yrs. Now I am trying some herbals and still taking lots of supps. I got much better in that time. Just still working on pain and stiffness.

I have been busy with our grandsons here and at sporting events, spending alot of time in the pool during hot weather, yardsale-ing, and other fun things.

I also think of everyone often. Praying for everyone's healing.

[group hug]

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

I have missed everyone too. It always helps me to hear how God is speaking to everyone. It encourages me.

I can fall easily into the trap of "where is God?" Trust comes easily to some people. I often take the reigns into my hands like "I am on my own" when God doesn't move fast enough.

I had someone tell me to claim scripture verses on healing. It is a truthful statement but you have to "believe" the scriptures you are quoting.

That is what I need. A deeper revelation of God's love for me...that He is for me and wants wholeness for me.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Romans 15:13

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

--
What we all need is HOPE. Very glad you are off abx, Dekrator! I hope you continue to do "OK" and will gain strength each day.

I'm still having severe neuropathy and other distressful symptoms. Will see a neurologist soon. I CANNOT go back on abx, so will try to see what my Rife machine can do for me.

soccermama.. you sound like I've been feeling lately!

sammy.. I do hope your pain is better??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Guess what???

My feet have been better for the past 2 days!!! My legs are also working better!!!

Please pray that this continues!!! First improvement in months.

I drove one mile to pick up a bottle of Xango today and it's the first time I've driven in more than 2 months!!!

Thank you, Jesus!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty neet having a Brother like Him isn't it ?
try to be a brother like that..

Yes ! all Praises to Jesus Our Savior . . Amen

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

First of many improvements for you Lymetutu. Complete restoration!!
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. God is great. I really liked the story of God's hand in America's independence. We need Him now more than ever.

I'm happy to hear of some improvements in our lyme family's health. We need to continue to pray for our restoration in our health and whatever other needs we may have.

He is with us always. He said He will never leave us nor forsake us. Our sufferings pale in comparison to the suffering He endured for us.

I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to His return to gather us into His arms. Yes what a Brother to have.

I'm still homebound, stopped antibiotics as I just can't swallow another one and certainly don't want another PICC.
I'm lined up to see a BHRT doc and he said he thinks I would benefit from some armour thyroid.

I need to pray much more than I do and will try. When I do I will keep all of you in my prayers. Hugs to all.
Lymetoo. Glad to hear of your improvements. yay

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there, Pocono!! You are right about the suffering of Jesus. I often think of that. Not until MANY years ago when I first had SEVERE pain did I TRULY understand His suffering!!!

If you've never had pain, how CAN you relate!?

Yes, I am looking forward to His return!

I hope the armour helps you!! [Smile]

I pray but often "forget" to pray for myself. I was so desperate for relief last week that I fell apart. My husband prayed for my healing right then and there. Several days later I began feeling better!!

Last night we did a prayer of thanksgiving and asked for further healing. Hubby is suffering from a bad hip and leg too. Getting old is not for sissies as they say!!

I'm trying to remember to pray for myself more often now! (duh!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Lymetutu: The word tells us that which we sow, we will also reap. It is my belief that as you have prayed for others, you have reaped those prayers back.

I watch how generously you give of your time and I want to see you reap the reward.

Pocono: I hope you see improvement with your BHRT.

On some level (intellectually mostly) I believe that Jesus suffered so that we do not have to. I would like to see that become a reality for many here.

David said, "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living".

Somehow, we have to believe that it is not just for what is to come but also for NOW.

May the Lord bless us all!!!!

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Thanks Lymetoo and soccermama. I sure hope the BHRT helps too. I have to wait for my appointment in October. But hey, I figure what's a few months in lyme time.

Lymetoo: I had to chuckle when you said you pray but often forget to pray for yourself. I've done that many times. Then I have gone back and said "Oh and I forgot me"... ha ha

I also thought of Job's suffering and this:
And the LORD restored the fortunes of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

*"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24)

Hugs and Prayers for all.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Pocono Lyme:

I also thought of Job's suffering and this:
And the LORD restored the fortunes of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

*"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24)

-
Wow!! That quote from Job and what soccermama said really helped!! Thanks!!

When I first became so ill I could not teach, I sat at home and read Job. I don't think I ever finished it, but it sure helped put things in perspective!!

One of my fellow teachers was home the same year with cancer and she read it too. Then we would call each other and talk about it.

I sure miss her. She lived another 12 yrs or so with various cancers.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Pocono Lyme:

Lymetoo: I had to chuckle when you said you pray but often forget to pray for yourself. I've done that many times. Then I have gone back and said "Oh and I forgot me"... ha ha

[Big Grin]

and yes, soccermama... let's pray it is for the NOW also

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 11 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Job 42:1 comparing,
lyme and Our suffering to Job's suffering -
[bow]
Why Would God have this in the Bible if we were not to compare and draw from it ..?

**Job continued to pray for his friends,
then recieved -
Lyme folks are special people,
In God's Hands to Understand Suffering..
and show our love for others.
I am Blessed,
to know the folks here on lymenet
and hear their suffering, and Blessings.
share in Prayers,
and find comfort in sharing our lives.

HERE, I AM NOT ALONE,
and there are many that,

DO UNDERSTAND what I am living with !!!

Blessed to have lived once a full life,
as some have never known...
As a young child I ran and jumped and did all, and many children have not..and as a father, even more..
I always thought God's Will,
came after my will..
like at the end of the week, sunday
or the end of the day,
because of lyme I have found
"God First in all things" everyday !
every step of your day, every breath..
from dawn to dusk...

As I now know that as God watches over Us, Sin is leaving, lead Us not into temptation.
The best thing I have ever done was place a picture of Jesus in my home,
seeing over all that I do..
so do as He did, better late then NEVER.
pray over your meds and treatment as you would your meals.. all that you take in..(:

Prepare to meet The Lord for He has prepared a place for US... [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the sunshine state! We left Illinois (40 days of no sun one winter) and have never regreted our decision.

Which coast did you end up on?

Look for the signs of mankind's and nature's acknowledgement of God.

They are everywhere!

The Secret of Light (book title)says, "In all My universe there are but multiples of three."

But keep in mind what Gaudi said, "The straight line belongs to man, the curved line belongs to God."

Look closely at the flowers, the seashells...

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just think... JOB did not have the internet full of friends to help him!! But he was so strong in his faith that GOD was all he needed. We can learn from that too!!! If we WERE alone, we'd still have all we really need!!!

--
Marnie.. daisy hasn't been here for awhile. I'm not sure which coast she is on.

--

Update on Gage's family... (he's the young boy who beat brain cancer .. twice)

QUOTE:

Our house sold last week and we bought a house this week. I want to tell you about the venture we have been on. We wanted to get out of this house because of two reasons. One is what if there is something around here that is contributing to the perfect storm in Gage's body to make tumors. The other reason we wanted to get out of here was for Daelynn. When Stephanie died next door it really broke Daelynn's heart. That was one of her best friends. So, it is time for change.

Here is what Dan and I wanted in a house. We wanted 5 bedrooms, a pool, no power lines, a quiet street, at least three football fields from any power tower or satellite tower, no neighbors behind us or large trees so you can't see neighbors behind, and to stay in Katy. That is an impossible list. You may think. God blessed us with everything on our list!!!! EVERYTHING!!! He said nothing is impossible for me and he gave us this house.

This is what happened when we made an offer. Our realtor called me and said an offer is coming in on that house you like do you want to make an offer too? Well I like dragging my feet on things so acting fast was a little uncomfortable. [Smile] Well we made an offer and the owner asked the realtors which offer is from the family who has four kids. She wanted the house to go to that family. Our realtor told them we do and the owners gave us the house even though we were NOT the highest offer. They love Jesus and they followed the Holy Spirit instead of the mighty dollar. We were blown away. So, we start packing.

Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be stressful. Tuesday Gage has a MRI. The MRI is at 12 noon. Very frustrating because he can't eat or drink and they are ALWAYS running late. Wed we will be at MDA at 8am for results. Please pray for us and Gage. I don't have to tell anyone how hard MRI's are and how stressful results are. Thank you for hanging in there with us. God cares and God will show up for you too!!

Believing,

Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Lymetoo you're so right about Job ...
I haven't followed Gage's story but God is with him and his family.
I just came across this. This boy went Home.
This is Beautiful..try not to cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvhUoiPt810&feature=related

--------------------

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for me - I go to get an abscessed tooth pulled this afternoon at one. The dentist said it won't be fun.
Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oops... mannane.. I just now saw this. Hope it all went well!!!

Pocono... Gage is my SIL's great nephew. He is 9 and has battled cancer since age 2. His latest MRI showed another tumor.

So so awful! Poor child just had another brain surgery about 3 months ago. And now it's back .. for a third time. I think they are planning surgery and radiation.

My feet are still bad. The new orhthotics are not working out. The company will work with me on them, but what they did to them today did not make them feel any better.

Payne.. what you wrote above was awesome!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Latest message from Gage's mother, Missy.

--

We ask that you pray for us as we daily renew our minds. I have been stuck in a very fearful state lately. Let me tell you what a fearful state does to you.

It makes you physically sick, exhausted, paranoid, defensive, captive, and not trusting of anyone trying to help you. No one is the enemy in this battle.

No one is the bad person. Each person we are seeking help from is going to talk to us from their perspective and from their experience. God has healed Gage.

I would have told you that last Monday along with a list of all the ways Gage has been healed. Then we get this report that he has a tumor and everything we think, believe, understand to be true is turned upside down.

Or has it been? God is still the same isn't He? He knew we would be moving in two weeks, he knew our desires, he knew we decided to enroll our older kids in school for the first time in four years, he knew I decided to make some personal changes, he knew it all.

The chaos and craziness is not God. God is peaceful, safe, and loving. I am trying to find that God again. I am trying to walk through this fire and say who cares what this looks like if we burn I still believe in God and if we come out alive it's even more a testimony of who he is and what he can do.

Either way I come to terms with God and his love and stop fearing our future. So, I think it is obvious what to pray for, healing, and against the fear we have.

Believing,

Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Oh my, poor Gage. I will be praying for him and his family. He sure has been through sooooo much.
May God give them all the strength they need to go through this battle again.

MannaMe, Hope you're doing well since your dental appt. How did it go?

Hope you can get the orthotics problem straightened out, Lymetoo.

Praying for everyone!!!!

How is everyone doing???

Been very busy this summer, especially with our grandsons. They are here almost everyday, and if they are not, we are probably with them at a sporting event or something.

Tomorrow is our youngest grandson's 6th birthday party.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Hugs to all!!

--------------------

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually my dental appointment went very well. I'm going to chalk that up to the prayers! I don't like going to the dentist at all! I guess I'm just a chicken.

He had to numb it the second time before he could pull the tooth. It came out with no trouble.

My cheek is still tender from the abscess - that has to all drain away. I'm on antibiotics for it. I'm also taking my regular supplements - upped some of them, like vitamin c.

I'm taking it easy the rest of today and tomorrow and then Sunday is a day of rest. Hopefully by Monday I'll feel more like myself again.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord,
Please place your healing hand upon dear Gage's soft head and rid his ailing body of sickness. Please bring him a full healing and bless him with a long and healthy life. Lord Jesus, please free Gage's family of the worry and stress that binds them.

In Jesus's name,
AMEN

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to thank everyone for the support and prayers sent my way in this ordeal of living with a bacteria filled body and a soul that belongs to God..
I am ill, yet.. I stubbornly reject the idea of praying for me.. better to pray for others in Jesus's Name.. as I know my Savior well
Share your Blessings, onto others...
Gage and many others may say why me LORD ?
why do I suffer so, as Jesus suffered so,
so we could have salvation..
The people that gage has brought to prayer and understanding God's Love may be His Biggest Gift - as to with hold pain and illness so that others can find God..
May The Lord ease Gage's life into what God's Will is... not ours, to be free of human struggles..
rather those doctors and nurses and friends that have NOW known God's Love through Gage's sacrifices for US.
we are all just tools The Lord uses to show others the way to HIM..

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

May it be The Lord's Will, for Gage to stand upright and walk away from his burdens and bring great joy to gage.. AMEN

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Payne, that was beautiful and so true. My friend's son Caleb is doing very well now following his ski accident in Jan. He and his family are lifting up God on their Caring Bridge site and I know many lives have been changed because of it. Same thing with Gage.

Payne, May you feel the comfort and blessing of God today and feel his healing come upon you. May God grant you grace and a spirit of Love. In Jesus's name.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

UPDATE ON CALEB (injured in a skiing accident in Jan)

-
Caleb experienced therapy at his finest yesterday. He continues to tell everyone how I attach the word therapy to everything. Even his therapist told him packing was therapy when she learned I had packed for caleb.

I picked him up from therapy and we hit the road for Colllege Station with a detour by Touchstone. It was wonderful to hug on those who caleb was unable to say goodbye to before he left. They all celebrate Caleb's progresses with him and fill him in on who has gone home and who is new in the Windsor house.

We arrived in Aggieland and I suggested Caleb nap, but he could not because he was too busy trying to find out who is here and making plans. We picked one of Cabes great friends for dinner and learned he had just finished a six hour test and it was his first day of summer.

Caleb was quick to inform him his summer would be short with only a week left before classes. So while conversing at dinner Caleb and E came up with a plan to welcome some close friends back to town and into their new house. We decided SAMs was the best place to purchase toilet paper.

None of us have really done too much wrapping in life but it did prove to be great therapy to get Caleb to reach his right arm up high as instructed by his occupational therapist! Sarah Kate thought it was great fun! I have always had a hard time saying no but I really don't think even the strongest mom could have said no to one who had been studying all summer and one who was returning to his favorite town after eight months away. I'm sure you will agree it is therapy at its finest.
Caleb has gone to breakfast with a friend and we are getting this day started.

As I read Jesus Calling today I was awed at how spot on it was for him and for all of us. From JC: Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.

I reminded Caleb to whisper the NAME all day and read the verse - But now, this is what the Lord says--he who created you, O (caleb) he who formed you, O (caleb): ``Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.''
--Isaiah 43:1
In His name,
the J's

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

lymetoo..
Very spiritually supported you are..
How sweet His name is to OUR lips and ears..
God first.
Blessings to you from head to toes (:

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Been a while since I've been here. So glad you all have each other and are posting...encouraging...praying for one another. I'll be back when I am able.

Much going on in my life right now...our move to Florida, my hubby is having "issues" again, etc...well, you all know...LIFE! Please pray for GWB. Thank you.

After reading your posts...the ups and downs...WOW...God is faithful still...

God is good
God is great
Let us thank Him

Prayers for all of you God Thought Friends.

Isaiah 30:15, ``In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.''

Yes, we know where our strength comes from. Thank You, Jesus.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Oh Daisy...sorry to hear about your hubby. Hope it is short lived.

Payne, love to read your posts. They are inspiring but it seems they come from someone whose well runs deep. Thanks.

I wanted to post about someone I just saw on youtube. His name is Nick Vujicic. He was born withoug any arms or legs. He went through alot but has come out on the other side.

Here is an inspiring music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrV_ZvwZRvw&feature=g-high-rec

Hope people can view it.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

HI DAISY!! [hi] I hope things improve for your hubby. Tell him HI for me!

Payne.. yes, your well is deep!

I'll check out the You Tube, soccer and I may post another.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That was great, soccer!! I've seen a clip by him, but not that one. Thanks!!

This is one of my favorite singers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlZPYGBXQ44

I've seen him perform probably 20 times and have talked to him on numerous occasions. He used to have a show here and it was a total favorite of mine. I used to take my mom (she was in assisted living) to the show too. She just loved Tony. He's a really nice man. Has a wife and two kids too!

The one above is from 1987 when he performed for the Pope. I'll post a more recent video too.

This is making me really miss not seeing him perform!! He actually lives here. If you play guitar you must see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=CK2TkN0m1SM&NR=1

I think he wrote this one:

Hands in Heaven:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdKpWoxa-1U&feature=related

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

That is amazing. I play the guitar but I can't even come close to how he plays.

It just encourages me to see people overcome great odds. It tells me that I can overcome too.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You are so right about overcoming odds!

I have one of his CD's and his book as well. Both are great!

The CD I have is Hands in Heaven. I'd have to look to see what the book was called.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

as we walk through the valley of darkness,
The Lord sees our faith and in our path
He lays out brightly colored leaves,
that lead to His Feet..
I would take the worse job in heaven anyday, compared to the hell,
we have lived through here on Earth..
Matthews says something about
For The Lord, all things are possible..
with The Lord our impossibles are possible..
Invite The Lord to come into our impossibles,
and by His Grace and Mercy, may we all find change
my well, is your well too !
share with The Lord His way and may you thrist for HIM always...
alittle bug bite me,
and The Mighty Lord Knows.
If we can't live in happiness, let Happiness live in US all...

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Payne: When I get done reading your posts, I always go "wow". You have certainly come to a deep place in God.

Does anyone know what happened to MDW? I always enjoyed those posts too?

Dekrator: I hope life and health are still good and enjoyable.

Daisy: I think about your husband and lift him to Lord when he comes to mind.

I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be on my mouth....This poor man cried and the Lord heard Him and delivered him out of all His troubles...Psalm 34

My deliverer is coming....My deliverer is standin by...Rich Mullins

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi everyone!

Praying for gwb and everyone here.

It was a very busy summer, which is good. Sooo many activities with our grandsons...baseball, soccer, swimming, etc.

Now fall is almost here and it's time for soccer again. The boys are back in school.

I am doing pretty well...just have issues with pain and stiffness, as always. I have been off antibiotics for 3 months and I continue to use herbals and supps.

Praying for everyone's healing, strength and a heart full of love and hope.

--------------------

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

The word of God tells me that I am alive in Christ...that His joy is my strength...that we can have a life that is separate from our circumstances.

As Payne said in an earlier post if we can't live in happiness than let Happiness live in us...

In this journey I have been asking the Father to reveal this truth to me...How do we transcend our circumstances to live in the heavenly realms where we are seated?

I thought I would throw that question out to hear from others how God is making this reality a living truth in your life.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I like that soccer! (my hands can't type too much) I try to spread joy as much as I can. My circumstances get me down, but I then remember to "pray incessantly."

I used to be really good at that. Gotta get back to it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

-
PS.. I am in contact with MDW. She is doing OK, from what I can tell. I do miss her here too!!

Please continue to pray for Gage. I think he is due for more brain surgery.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good eve God Thought family,

So, Lymetutu mentions to me someone been asking for where I be. So much has been going on in life, I got this new hair-do, it's the "frizzle"
look. Shouldn't need cut any time soon. [Big Grin] Seriously, I need to be here amongst friends to un-wind a tad.

soccermama... funny, just the other day I read a devotional about Joy. Hmm, it was John 15:11
"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full"
Living a full and overflowing life does not rest in bodily health, in circumstances, but in the perfect understanding of God and in the same fellowship and oneness with Him that Jesus himself enjoyed. But the first thing that will hinder this joy is the subtle irritability caused by giving too much to our circumstances. Jesus said, "...the cares of this world...choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." Boy O boy, and before I realize what has happened, I am caught up in my cares.
Part of the devotional, I recall stated..."A person who has the right relationship with God lives a life as natrural as breathing wherever he goes. The lives that have been the greatest blessing to you are the lives of those people who themselves were unaware of having been a blessing."
Everyone here on god Thought are a beautiful blessing. We find our joy with God by having the right relationship with Him.
Yes, there is a difference in happiness and joy. Jesus prayed that our joy might continue fulfilling itself until it becomes the same joy as His. NEVER ever give up on HOPE.

Dekrator...Wonderful news to hear/read. Off antibiotics for three months! thats awesome. But sad that you still have some stiffness and pain. Is this like a perm. thing to live with because off lyme? Soccer fun once again, baseball season over now? Yeppers, Fall is just around the corner. Gosh I am excited about the new season. Love the smell of apple cinnamon candles in the home and the rustle of leaves. Beautiful what you say, "Praying for everyone's healing, strength and a heart full of love and hope." Thank you Dekrator...praying for you also.

Lymetoo...healing prayers for you and them feet of yours.

Payne....I have much read to catch up on,to see what a blessing you have been here on God thought... but guess what? I already know the blessing you are in my life. [Wink]

Good night.
[group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good late night God Thought family,

Wishing I was sleeping right now, but as you see, I am not.
So, thought I would share a couple verses in Psalm 139, which happen to be a favorite of mine.
9. "If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10.even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."

This is a 1.50 minute song that is so peaceful to me....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDvMc_GSzHo&feature=related

A small prayer....

With the darkness comes Your light. Earth and sky blend into one, the heavens seem closer now, the days burdens farther somehow. Your presence is almost palpable.
Watch over us, dear Lord, body and soul. Stay beside us through this night. Protect us from harm and banish our fears. Send us dreams that are sweet and fill our hearts with Your peace, set our mind at ease. And at first light, dear Lord, please restore us to new life. Amen

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

I have 1 John 3:1 on my heart this morning, "And it is my desire to lavish my love on you, because you are my child and I am your Father."

Roy Lession has a devotional I would like to share with you this morning. Not exact words but none the less, I pray you feel His love and how precious you are this day and every day.

How precious are your thoughts of me, O God! They are innumerable!" Psalm 139:17

Something we need to be thinking about is how often God is thinking about us. He thinks about us all the time. We are always in His thoughts and on His heart. He has thought more loving thoughts about you than you could ever count.

If you could count every grain of sand, on every beach and desert, you would fall short of all the thoughts that God has thought about you. They are thoughts of good, thoughts of love, and thoughts of hope.

His thoughts include His plans for you. They pertain to your welfare, your purpose, your daily care, and your future.

Precious Thoughts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEnYxurDu8

One more song...He is Precious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MMMOnT2tyw

Bless day on this Lord's day, Our Precious Jesus loves you.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

MDW, Good Sunday Morning ...
thanks for your uplifting Precious in Love,
The Lord,
Can We be as the Lord Will's
YES. [hi]
sharing caring and giving..
and He recieves the Praises for our daily strifes and struggles that go unanounced, The many small self Blessings, to breath, to see, to smell, to touch...to comunicate with our loved ones daily..
Peacefull God walks with US holding our hand,
trying to remember once that God was not Peacefull with me..??? [bow]
HAVE A PEACEFILLED GRAND PARENTS DAY ...
May your love guide your grandchildren and protect them from being abused, or lost in this world of untrust. [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

MDW005
Member # 22706

Thank you Payne. I had a beautiful day with Jesus and my family. Many, many blessings this day. So many smiles. My oldest daughter and her husband, I have not seen in very long time spent the day with me and spending the night. Even though they leave in the morning, they leave me with much.

This grandmum had a very wonderful day.
Beautiful what you share.
Sweet dreams everyone and a healing night.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good eve God Thought family,

Lyme disease can sure feel like the valley of fear sometimes....you think and feel? I do.

I am going to share KJV, because I like 'thou' word..to actually read a King James Bible, me? [lol]
Psalm 23:4 "Though I walk through the valley...Thou art with me"

I have been doing a wee study on Alexander Maclaren. Born in Glasgow; Feb.11,1826.
I share a story...

Alexander Maclaren, a great preacher of another generation tells the story of his conquest of fear. As a young boy he took a job in Glasgow, some miles away from his village. he stayed in the city during the week and returned home on Saturday evenings. There was a ravine on the way to his home that superstition supposed was filled with evil spirits. All during the first week at work, the lad feared most that his long walk home would have to include passing through this ravine. The anticipation blighted every waking moment of that week.

Saturday night came and there was nothing to do but muster up his courage and start home. His heart pounded as he reached the ravine. He paused in panic. His feet were like lead. Then suddenly he heard a voice calling out of the night, "Alex, it's your daddy. I came to walk through the ravine with ye."

All through his later life as one of Scoland's greatest preachers, Maclaren never forgot the courage and strength he felt that night when his father graciously walked through the frightful glen with him.

David felt that way about God. The valley of the shadow had been extricated of fear because the Shepherd would walk through it with him. David knew about the comfort the Shepherd could be to the sheep. The Lord was his Shepherd all through his life.

What are the glens of fearful worry for you? We have our valley of threat of death or deadly anxiety.The Lord does not ridicule our fears. He understands. Like Maclaren's dad, He comes out to walk us home. He knows what's in the glen or valley and wants us to know that if we place our hand in His, we can make it through.

A prayer: Abba Father, knowing that You love us will get us through the times when we are scared. Your Love is an anchor that holds us firmly. May we draw strength from Your strongest power; Your incredible love. Thank you for that love. Thank you for never leaving us alone. In Jesus name, Amen.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm reading, MDW and Payne!!

I'm out of steam!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Soccermama asked a question. She say, "The word of God tells me that I am alive in Christ...that His joy is my strength...that we can have a life that is separate from our circumstances.
In this journey I have been asking the Father to reveal this truth to me...How do we transcend our circumstances to live in the heavenly realms where we are seated?"

I wished a had a great answer to your question, soccer. So many times I battle with my thoughts in mind and fail to listen to what my heart says. God's Word is full of promises. I know it takes great faith and trust...this I do know.
Everyday I try to keep a smile in my pocket. I dislike an empty pocket, but it happens. We honestly just don't have it some days. I know my Jesus understands on those days. Joy and happiness are the blessings I find in my day that makes my face light up even for a second or a moment. Then there are days, I can't wipe the smile off. It's like tattooed on. Like this...
[Big Grin] Because I know Jesus love's me.

On days I hear God speak to my heart. I say "How?" at times. "Lord give me the strength please, to do your will then." Guess what? He does. The joy it brings my heart to make another persons moment or day happy/blessed...fills my heart with joy. We can find joy and happiness through our suffering. Through Jesus. Faith and never giving up on hope.

May we all have a peaceful healing rest this night and awaken with a smile on our face come a new day in Jesus.
[group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good day God Thought family,

It's a new day! did we all find a smile yet? I have. I stepped out back to enjoy the birds. There are so many of them singing and eating seed and nectar. I had three, yes three hummingbirds zip around me and one got itself trapped in the screened in deck. I held him before I released back into the air.

I am going to lunch in short bit with a friend God placed in my life. She is a persistant woman.
I asked Lord Jesus at least a year and half past, to bring someone into my life for fellowship. whats He do? She moved into a home down the way that has been empty for two years. Guess what? She is a young woman of God. Her husband is a minister. I enjoy her love for Jesus...She glows with happiness and it rubs off on me.

God answers prayers, not when we hope, but in His timing. And when He does, He surprises us with something we did not ask a specific for but none the less, it's a blessing; because He knows what is best for us.

I do hope to hear about your smiles/blessings discovered this day.

Hope to chat later bit.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying for all of you!!

I will be visited this evening by a new friend who is going to help me get my health back. I am so encouraged!! We are going to HEAL MY GUT!!! [Smile]

--
Check this out about Gage.. the child with brain cancer....

I'm in Control, Rise Up, Divine
Posted 4 hours ago

Lately we have been a little shaken but not defeated. Gage was on a very low dose hedgehog chemo since we went to Boston. He took the pill every other day. Last month we stopped it and to our surprise he has now lost most of his hair, all his eye brows, and most his lashes. To look at him hurts our heart.

We have fought this nasty disease without ever having him look like a typical cancer patient. So, this has been a very emotionally draining, extremely painful situation Dan and I have been going through as more hair is gone every day. Gage continues to do well but now he looks like he's sick so daily we are fighting to renew our minds and focus on God's healing for Gage.

Today I realized I forgot to buy cleaning supplies for my cleaning girl who comes to clean for me. Dan was at the store last night and I completely forgot to add it to the list. So, I went to the store real quick to grab the 5 things I needed and in that HEB I got ministered to.

Few were in the store this morning. I ran in got my basket and hit the few isles I needed. A man passed me and his shirt said, "Relax God is in control!" All I thought was thank you Jesus. Then the music was playing an old worship song called "Rise Up." It's a song about rising up and knowing he is God.

It's real peppy and fun song. So, I thought thank you Jesus! I decided to check out with my 15 items in the 10 items or less isle and asked the check out guy if it was ok. He said sure no one is here. I started to unload and the guy wearing the God shirt got in line behind me. He said to the register man, "you have a great name."

So, I looked at his name tag and his name is Divine. No joke!! Divine!!! I don't usually look at the name tags and I was in a hurry. It continues, now I'm feeling like God is trying to tell me He gets it and knows we are hurting. I buy non toxic products and Divine asks me if these were for my kids with allergies.

Weird question but I said no I try to buy non toxic because my son has cancer. Well the God shirt guy and Divine asked his name and said they are going to be praying for him. I was in the store 7 minutes.

I am looking for God to be in control!! I am looking for Him to show up! I am looking for His help so I don't have an emotional break down! I am looking for Divine intervention for our family! I am not going to sit here in fear I am going to rise up! Join me!!!

Believing,

Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

PS.. the "HEB" she refers to is a large chain of grocery stores in Texas... obviously owned by Christians! It's been around "forever."

-

Maybe this is the song "Rise Up" .. sounds like what she described!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-ViiA-mbM&feature=related

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Wonderful news Lymetoo. A new friend to help restore your gut. I pray it's everything you expect.
I wanted to share todays Meet Me In The Meadow

God will not fail you. A beautiful poem and song poem

http://www.meetmeinthemeadow.com/2012/09/god-will-not-fail-you-a-911-tribute/

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Oh, another post Roy Lessin shares with us today, I thought you might would enjoy....

In the center of His hand
you find the center of His will;
In the center of His will
you find the center of His peace;
In the center of His peace
you find the center of His love;
...In the center of His love
you find the center of His heart.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family!

Wow, it still is morning. I have been sooo, so busy... bright and beautiful morning it tis.

I raced around from the moment my feet touched the floor. I even raced through my prayers and spending time with God. Not cool. So I stopped, just stopped in my tracks and sat down with heavy breathing. Calmness and silence became peace within me and I began to read His Word. I must have read at least one hundred of His truths and promises. Treasures.

So much I do wish sharing, but the bottom line is this:

Christ is all in all...
the Anchor of hope
the Flower of humility,
the Rose of meekness
the Incense of prayer
the Fountain of blessing
the Precious Pearl of great price
the Rock of my salvation
the Triumphant Conqueror of hell
the Sun of righteousness
the Bright and Morning Star
the Word upholding all things
the Light inlightening all things
the Love sustaining all things

Again I say, Christ is All and All

Unto the the child of God I would say "Look...and keep on looking...Unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of your faith"
(Hebrews 12:2)

I need to run again, but with the eyes of my heart guiding me...chat later bit or another day.

Have a lovely day in Christ
[group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi friends,

Wow, loved the update about Gage. God really is in control! Praying for Gage and his family.

I enjoy reading your contributions here God Thought Family!!

Lymetoo, I hope your gut feels better very soon. How did the visit go with your friend who is helping you?

MDW, That is wonderful that you have a new God-friend to encourage you and spend time with. You share such beautiful things with us here.

May God bless everyone who is suffering in any way.

Hugs!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement