LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Wisconsin LLMD dies from lyme disease...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wisconsin LLMD dies from lyme disease...
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wisconsinlyme.net/2012/07/wisconsin-loses-great-man.html?spref=fb

I just came across this article today. I did not know this doctor, but this is so sad!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear this. Only 46. And so desperately needed by the lyme community.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad! And freaks me out too! I try to believe daily that with treatme this can be beat. [Frown]
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessiep:
Sad! And freaks me out too! I try to believe daily that with treatme this can be beat. [Frown]

Yes, this freaks me out too! I try not to think of anything except a good outcome, but stories like this make it tough.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! There is so much I could say.

He set an example for all of us.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdini
Member # 30615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Houdini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a personal friend of mine for a very long time. This is tragic and so very, very sad!!!

--------------------
If I was a magician .... I would make this all disappear!!!

Posts: 8 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry I didn't know much about him...My prayers go out to his family..

What I do know is that from the short story he had a good heart and possibly knew the Lord.

I don't understand how such a devoted doctor ,who specialized in this monster,
couldn't save himself.

It's like a major horror movie going on and we live /or try to through it.

Maybe he had special circumstances that caused the decline.

Houdini , I'm sorry for your loss.
Jessiep and RZR I know what you mean...

He had so much knowledge and this happens,.

I too believe that getting the correct meds in can heals us...Lord knows I look like Vitamin cottage in my kitchen. That's beside all the other stuff in my room..

There just has to be somebody that knows Daddy Big Bucks that can be convinced to open this horror story of ours up and get this under control..

It's so not just in the wood's/hikes/horses etc///We can not live in fear, but this sure makes it hard to not..

The other links on page weren't exactly comfort material...

How can so much information lead to such disaster?

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do we know he died from LD? I dont know if he had it or not but if he did he could have died or many other causes...Sad for sure but dont let this affect you in thinking there is not hope
Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Had this been an accident or another direct cause, that would have been stated.

The Wisconsin lyme association link states how much he helped others "while fighting babesia and tick-borne illness himself. . . "

Sadly, he is not the first doctor nor the first patient with tick-borne illness to face fatal consequences.

Treatment is not a guarantee for anyone. We all just do the best we can all along the way. There are lyme obituaries to honor those who fought the good fight -- and there are also lyme success stories. We just do our best.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand and not saying lyme was not the cause but not everyone who passes unexpected while fight lyme actually dies from lyme...I have hear many people who dies at a young age while in perfect health...
Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
you might contact the group for more detail. Since lyme & other TBD can affect any organ, any system, it might be hard to sort out but

if there is any other detail that can be educational and helpful for others' paths, I'm sure they'd be glad to share if ethically reasonable to do so if the family is okay with that.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement