LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Finally some Lyme recognition in MI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally some Lyme recognition in MI
Atta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012207080358

And one of the local channels aired a segment on mosquitoes as carriers of Bb as well. Hopefully this awareness will continue to gain ground.

[ 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Atta ]

--------------------
Just a catepillar, full of imaginal buds.

Posts: 143 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the 'entire' 100 cases of Lyme in Michigan. [Smile] Real encouraging they feel the numbers are that low. NOT. I don't see Lyme/co-infections being admitted as any real threat in this tourist state anytime in the next 20 years. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you see the report I posted over in medical about lyme in MI?
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never hear one thing about Lyme disease on the local TV. My dad reads the newspaper religiously and he didn't see this article, funny how these articles are always on the Internet. Not many people go on local news sites and read what they have to say. All their reporter is doing is repeating what the other media has said about small game being the reason for increase in lyme, topics like these are just repeated over and over again through the line of media. And the fact is Lyme disease awareness is only found on the web.

And the two morons that the author talked about Lerner and Foster. Foster says there's no Lyme disease in Detroit, I don't know how that piece of crap can say that when there's deer all over Belle Isle. Not to mention the variety of birds that fly in and out of the city. And Lerner, a doctor affiliated with Beaumont Hospital. I went to the hospital for treatment, not one doctor I saw suggested I might have Lyme disease. I even wrote down all symptoms for them to see. Not one of the 4 hospitals I went to southeastern Michigan tested me for Lyme disease.

I live 2 miles from Detroit and have Lyme disease. I have fished in rural areas such as Milford and Rochester (from a boat), could've got it that way but there's no telling where I picked up.

I have no patience for these m*%^#$% f$$^$ers!

Then there's the DNR Michigan Hunting and Trapping Digest. They have all types of wildlife diseases such as both bovine tuberculosis, chronic wasting disease, epizootic hemorrhaigc disease, and no Lyme disease listed.

Atta you're right though, at least they publish "something" about. But they still have the attitude that it's rare. Quote "disease transmission takes the right mix of animals and their life cycles, the right weather and environment, and the right circumstances to connect people with bacteria-carrying ticks." I have multiple family members that have been infected. And know friends of friends who have Lyme disease in Michigan.

I recently talked with a friend who said he knows someone who got infected on Harsens Island, which is not far from bird traveling to Detroit, lost his vision because of Lyme disease but gained it get back. Supposedly he is better now and that was a "decade ago." And possibly longer than that!

No doubt there's a huge cover-up in Michigan and big time deniability! There's lots of people infected and probably lots of people that have been misdiagnosed and don't even know what they have. If I had listened to the dozens the doctors I saw, I don't know what state I'd be in right now. I thank canlyme.com for my diagnosis!

[ 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Muscle Car55 ]

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Yeah, the 'entire' 100 cases of Lyme in Michigan. [Smile] Real encouraging they feel the numbers are that low. NOT. I don't see Lyme/co-infections being admitted as any real threat in this tourist state anytime in the next 20 years. [Frown]

Between my group of friends and family I know 8 people with Lyme disease in Michigan.

I can't imagine how many people are infected Michigan and don't even know it. it's so sad!

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

quote:
Originally posted by Atta:

And one of the local channels aired a segment on mosquitoes as carriers of Bb as well. Hopefully this awareness will continue to gain ground.

Wow I was so p!ssed reading this article I missed what you had to say below the link.

What local channel aired a segment on mosquitoes carrying Borrelia Burgdorferi?

That's miraculous!

It must be one of those local city channels? probably not 2,4, or 7.

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muscle Car55, I feel exactly as you do about the situation. It angers me greatly the lies spread without concern. Something needs to change. It's a HUGE cover-up. The fact they even dare use the words Beaumont Hospital with Lyme is a kick in the face to all ill people because that hospital chain could give two craps about this illness. They conveniently forget to mention the doc they refer to is not in-network for most.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Muscle Car55, I feel exactly as you do about the situation. It angers me greatly the lies spread without concern. Something needs to change. It's a HUGE cover-up. The fact they even dare use the words Beaumont Hospital with Lyme is a kick in the face to all ill people because that hospital chain could give two craps about this illness. They conveniently forget to mention the doc they refer to is not in-network for most.

Yep, The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone is about exact. Wake up and feel that way every day almost.
Atta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was aired on channel 7 believe it or not. But we certainly do have a long long way to go. Interestingly enough my vet here in Southeast MI has seen quite a few dogs with Lyme. But I guess a dog with Lyme is somehow less threatening to public health than a human with Lyme. I grew up in Northern Michigan and quite possibly that's where I contracted it years ago. Would have been nice to start treatment before it hit the chronic phase but wait, that doesn't exist either [Smile] . And I'm pretty sure at least 4 members of my family has it as well but they've got the blinders on. Ignorance is still bliss.

--------------------
Just a catepillar, full of imaginal buds.

Posts: 143 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement