LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Question for dog experts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for dog experts
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My BAD neighbors above me got kicked out. Thank goodness no more 2 year olds pounding on the floor at 2 AM

They scooped out the place and rented it to a much quieter lady and her son,,,they dont pound on the floor.

But they have a dog I have not seen yet , they have only lived here a week or so.

Only thing is it whines and barks constantly when left alone. Do you think it will quit on its own when he gets used to everything?? Or best course of action
???

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it might not. im not a dog expert-merrygirl is i think-but she is also really busy with sick kids

i think i treat my animals pretty good-mostly dogs,cats and horses(one goat named bang-bang)

but once a neighbor told us our dog whined all day while we were gone. we both went to work and never knew he whined. we felt awful when she said it was disturbing her from working at home. we fixed a place in the house for him and she never complained. now i dont know for sure he didnt whine in the house. we never heard it---its what they call separation anxiety. sometimes they chew things and get into other trouble. he never did that. we left him a piece of our clothing and he seemed to be happy with that

cesar...the dog guy helped oprah with a dog of hers that had the problem.

but i think it might be a good idea to tell them first...they might not know. and if that doesnt help see about dog trainers ...and there probably is a level of noise that is not allowed...so landlord or cops.

hope you figure it out-for you and the dog.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give the dog another week or two before complaining. Does he whine during the night??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually put my dog in her kennel when I'm out (if its under 3-4 hours), or i leave her in the bathroom. Dogs like to feel safe, so leaving them out in the house on their own can make them nervous....maybe?

I know its not your dog so its hard to say. Maybe mention it casually in passing like

"Hi, I'm sure your puppy is just getting used to his new home, hes whining a bit while youre out, I'm sure he'll calm down though"

Something that lets them know, but sounds more sympathetic than complaining ;-)

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would address it nicely with your neighbors.. They might not know the dog barks when they are gone.

If they are willing, there are bark collars that are not cruel, but help retrain the dog. There are many opinions on this....

Do you like dogs? Maybe you could have a visitor?

Next, record the dog barking and play it for them and your manager.

Sorry, I love dogs, but barking rattles my nerves.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Don
I wish you didn't have to live in an apartment
building !!

Crap ! don't you still have some rental you could be in??

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogs get lonesome on their own. So, don't count on this changing.

Dog in my neighborhood barks for hours and hours, day after day, month after month. Owners have been warned by animal control, but they did nothing and that is all the county will do about it. Dog is tied up outside while owners are gone. I don't understand why people get pets and then leave them alone most of the time.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement