LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY?? Oct 8 to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY?? Oct 8 to
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good day Mate

What can you do today to keep your body moving when able??

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
+

Able to clean up in the kitchen for about 5 min, then take Rosie out in Power chair for morning toileting.

Came back and rested. Then cleaned up in kitchen for another 5 min. I have about 2 or 3 more 5 min session then the kitchen counters will be clear again.

Put clothes away from laundry I did last week. I have oen more basket of laundry to fold and put away from last week? or the week before that.

Resting now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna goof off today and think about it tomorrow, maybe start with left eyelash or right big toe. Wat'che think, too much??
Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

LOL LabRat

Able to clean up in the kitchen some more. Stilll not caught up. I filled both sinks with hot, sudsy water and put in dishes to soak.

Able to fold towels and put away and get more clean laundry off the floor..for now put it in a laundry basket.

And able to put some clothes outside my door in a bag with a note to whoever passes by asking them to drop the clothes off at one of the organizations in town.

Almost 9 am now. Guessing that will be it. IN the past, I have rested and then tried to get up and do more but it seems my brain and body don't co operate after 9 am.

Maybe today will be different.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg-is that the real labrat???? do you still ride? do you live on a farm? wow-blast from the past...where have you been???

i am not waiting til the end of the day to write this...i cant belive it...i just did the elliptical for 4 minutes straight(dont laugh you marathoners)

i even started to feel a burn in my thighs. i am so happy about this. i read and article recently that motivated me and i pulled the elliptical out from the corner so it is easier to get on...and 2 days in a row. yea me!!! it has been a long time

i am also wiping down and finding places for some pics and baskets and things i took out of one of the construction rooms. with my rotator cuff like arm pain it has been hard to do that

i hope to get outside soon and do some more gardening...but also have to figure outbroken phone and car and lawyer stuff

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Lookin good Kayak.
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another week gang and thanks Kam for starting this week's thread.

Monday-25 minutes on the stair climber. Yep, I bumped my time up by 5 minutes since someone laughed about me being able to hike next summer.

My goal is 30 minutes, getting there. And Kayak kudos on 4 minutes and doing 2 days in a row on the elliptical. I started out at 6 or 7 minutes, so you go girl!

Arm workout with just the 5 pound weights, leg lifts and ab workout on the bench.

Tooled Rocky around the back of the property.

TuTu-Thanks very much for the words of encouragement. I'm trying so hard to lose some weight before next summer. I just keep thinking if I don't I've got to try and haul my big rear up the mountain. I need to lose 40 pounds! I know that's alot. I gained 20 pounds from the HGH injections which I haven't been able to lose. 20 more should put me at an ok weight to hike that small mountain next summer. Wish me luck!

Kam-Did you say laundry! Let me put my running shoes on and clear out of here! I remember back in the day I hired my sister-in-law to do my laundry. Boy, I miss those days!

Labrat-Welcome, welcome!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband laid out in his "house" on the porch in the little sunshine we got today. He's now up in bed for the afternoon.

Not doing so great ever since he's on these meds. Hope it soon starts picking up again.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak.. LabRat has been over in Off Topic.. too bad you missed him!! I tried to bring the link but it's gone. (I think)

Hey Lab... you still canning?? Try not to move your big toe too much!! [lol]

AKL... I hope you can cut back on wheat or even go gluten free. I'll bet you will feel MUCH better!!!!

My new health coach came over today and brought me kombucha, fermented veggies, organic chicken livers, and some other stuff. I really didn't care for the fermented veggies, but if they will get rid of my intestinal yeast, I'll eat them!!!!

I LOVED her kombucha. MUCH better than any store bought! She's going to pick me up Thurs a.m. and take me to her house. Then she'll show me how to make all the goodies. We ran out of time here.

I will see my podiatrist on Wednesday. Not sure what he can do, but I can't give up yet!!!

MannaMe.. tell hubby to hang in there!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Lymetoo, I'll tell him - he's getting tired of feeling bad so long.

Today he took apart his chair back massager to see if he can fix it. Nope, its time for a new one. This is the second one he wore out.

Says the back massager seems to help him relax when he feels bad and he's sitting in his chair.

It seems he is improving just a little as he was up longer this morning until he had to go lay down flat in bed.

For some reason resting flat in bed just works better. An easy chair or recliner is not the same.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday-Over slept again. Stayed out to late at my Mom's. No exercise today.

MannaMe-Hope your hubs gets to feeling better soon.

TuTu-Can you eat corn and corn meal? What other kind of grains? I'm seriously looking into that gluten link that you provided on the other post.

My Mom uses kombucha alot to season her cooking. When I went meat free for a couple of years because of low mag she seasoned alot of things for me with it. It was delicious!

Hoping to get back on my exercise routine tomorrow.

See you all then!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well-yesterday i did stay out of the wheelchair til 5pm...but by then i was done in. i was able to get some lawyer stuff done but it was hard.

then today...was so hard to get up...fighting exhaustion - but i did and did lawyer related errands that required walking in walker and standing quite a bit. but its done. and im home. and i really need the wc tonight and i dont know if something will change b4 i fall asleep but i really cant imagine getting on the machine

but what i did is really important. i also looked thru the totes to find blankets cuz it s getting chilly and i have no heat until we figure out the mold problem cuz the heater is infested with mold.

didnt find any tho. tomorrow i will look one more place.

so no real exercise but a lot of walking with the walker-over brick streets in portsmouth-but it went pretty well.

hope i get real sleep tonight.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I ran a lot of errands and walked the dog three times. He and I also got on the rebounder again; once he hopped off, I was able to gently bounce for about 3 minutes.

I have to say I felt better today than I have all week. I'm grateful for that!

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

how muchdoes a rebounder cost? where do you get them? they would help lymph drain...right?

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive Rosie out to the forest. She had a good run this am in the cool morning air.

I was just hanging in there as I followed her in the car.

Able to fill two sinks full of hot, sudsy water and dirty dishes again...caregiver is coming this am so if I am not able to wash them she will be able to.

kam
Member # 3410

Hoping to go back and see wha tyou all have been able to do maybe this evening.
kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into the pharmacy.

Able to walk into a thrift shop to check out a black and white jacket that I saw earlier.

Hoping it will go over the black dress I have ...the dress fits but the jacket that goes with it is too tight now.

Needed to have the dress on to see if it will work. Resting now. Not sure if i will be able to go back and try it on with the dress or not.

Hope so. I'd like to wear it down the hill today to the audiologist.

I'll be on the road for at least 4 hrs this afternoon round trip.

I did OK in the past as I was able to lie down in the back with my peltor ear muffs on and hearo ear plugs.

The driver took it slow and easy. But, i went first thing in the morning.

Not sure how I will do in the afternoon. I usually am not able to function until after 5 pm.

But, hoping that just needing to lay down in the back of the van willl work out health wise.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-25 minutes on the stair climber, arm and ab workout and some leg lifts.

Took Rocky around the back of the property.

Kayak-Boy, I hope everything goes ok with the lawyer and the ongoing battle with mold. Getting cooler down here in the south too and I'm just loving it! [Big Grin]

Andie-Sounds like you're doing great! I wonder if jumping rope gives you the same benefits as a rebounder. Course, right now I'm too heavy to put so much stress on my joints but it's on my list of things to do.

Kam-I used to do the same thing with Rocky. On the old property my mailbox was about 1/4 mile from the trailer so I had to drive and Rocky would run beside the car. He sure enjoyed that.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW>..good workout.

Rosie seems to really enjoy her time being off leash and running...especially when the weather is cooler.

Just had breakfast. Just yogurt and GF toast. Not able to make a real breakfast.

Resting now, then hoping to take a shower.

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...While channel surfing I saw a news report about a family that got sick when they moved into their new home.

They learned it was a meth house.

They tried to do something about it but learned that they could do about it and were on their own as far as cleaning it up to make it livable.

They even said that if they had paid someone to inspect the home before moving in that the inspector most likely would not have caught the meth lab residue.

I wonder if they catch mold?

Ugh.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i saw that too kam. all these rules and hoops they make us jump thru but its like a hamster on a wheel....busy busy busy...keep spending money but ntver solve the problem-i had 3 inspectors...and i know mold. my sellers had really worked hard to hide it.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

I left at 1:30 pm and just got back at 6:00 pm to go down the hill to see the audiologist.

I was able to take a shower before going.

And I was able to talk with the driver almost like a normal human being.

She ahs no insurance and has health issues. Ugh.

So glad my health held out.

I do need hearing aids but I also need out of pocket money for them.

So, that is out.

She also told me I needed an iphone. She said there was something built in to the iphones that help with hearing.

Cool. An iphone is not in my budget but a friend is sending her old android to me so maybe that will help.

Reception in my area for Sprint is very poor tho. I'll have to find spots that work.

Their map says there are no spots but my friend is able to use her phone when she comes to visit so there are some spots.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got shots in each heel today. Oh joy. Hope I can still walk tomorrow!!

Going to meet with my health coach tomorrow morning!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

My husband saw his cranial chiropractor today. His head was really 'locked up'. Tonight he says his head feels better, but his gut is still unhappy.

He was ready to get home right after his appointment and lay down to rest. Was enough for one day.

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tu, ouch! The shot in your heel made me wince. I just hope it helped.

Manna, I can relate to your husband's gut stuff; I have that.

Re the rebounder: I kept trying to figure out what exercise I could do. Since I couldn't afford to join a pool, I heard about rebounding.

It sounded ideal to me, because it wouldn't stress my joints. My hip is still pretty bad.

I did a lot of research and finally got one that was supposed to be pretty good. I can't remember but think it cost around $150. You can get them in all kinds of price ranges.

I'd suggest going to a site like amazon and reading reviews.

I like it, and apparently, so does Teddy. He was up with me again today.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i didnt get on the machine-2 days in a row. i walked a lot with a guy that came to give me ans estimate for a new heater/furnace.

and i walked alot since i had to go out to the camper every time i had to pee. grrrr. no toilet. really no drains. just got a number to call on that.

i found out where and when to winterize camper-so that takes 1 stress away.

but i did not get to the lawyer stuff. i couldnt resist watching nashville-and the news about the bear at the bus-stop

now i think-hope i can sleep. and start again tomorrow. no more surprises so i can get back on the machine. that is the plan.

yuk tutu...i screamed when i read that. steroid shots??? i hope you get that pain under control

and kam...that sounded like a really long day.

thanks for rebounder info

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..hope you get some down time soon

Put dishes away that the caregiver washed yesterday. That was painful. Most likely willl need to stay down today as I don't have anything for the pain.

How was nashville? A bear at a bus stop? Did he have his token to ride the bus?

Tutu...if I recall correctly the guy who hikes in teh woods at dark/dawn had feet problems for a while.

I think he hot the shots and that is what helped..but not sure...hoping they do help.

Andie..I'll have to go to Amazon just to see what a rebounder is. Glad you found something that works for you to move your body.

I tried going to the local pool but water temp, noise, smell, etc seemed to be too much.

I was paying a monthly fee at the local physical therapy place to use their therapy pool...lasted about 5 or 10 min and could only make it once or twice a month....

I miss it. ONly time there was no pain in my body when I lay in teh water to float. NIce.

I got to see a river I had heard about on my travels yesterday. They have tube rentals and shuttle service.

They also had one area that had kayak rentals.

I found it interesting that this river is in the desert part of the terrain. I live in the mtns and have yet to find a river like this although we have several places called rivers.

Some are dry beds. Some have a small amount of water in them.

I learned there is a place to camp along a river in the mtns. The driver of the van said she would see how far it is and let me know.

It is past a couple of towns from here that are 20 miles away I think.

Gettign up to takes ome excedrin to see if it helps. Lately excedrin has not been helping.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into dog park to let Rosie take care of her business quickly.

Then walk into grocery store and get into electric cart. Short shopping trip.

I left grocery list at home but I usually need to keep things short and shop without a list.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Whew! [Eek!]

25 minutes on the stair climber, arm and ab workout and leg lifts.

Took Rocky around the back of the property.

Vacuumed, did pedi and mani and then off to work.

So glad I just sit here and answer the phone and sign in visitors!

Kam-Are you doing the gluten-free too? I watched the same show too on that meth house. Felt sorry for the family. Also on that Iphone you have to have a data plan, I think, which costs extra too.

TuTu-Shots in the heels! What kind of shots! That sounds sooooo painful. Also, what's a health coach?

MannaMe-Hope your hubs feels better soon.

Andie-Thanks for the info. Makes me smile every time thinking of you and your dog on the rebounder.

Kayak-Walking alot is exercise in my book. Hope that lawyer stuff gets worked out soon for you.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I just don't understand myself. I was having the best day I've had in many many days....I go and do something stupid and certainly not what I call fun.

Vacuuming with hose attachments in nooks and crannies? The vacuum is sitting in the middle of the living room floor now. Do you think my husband will get the hint and do the carpet?

We'll see?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Pam...I am the same way. I so want to be able to do the things I use to do.

ALW..you have been able to do a lot this week so far.

I am not planning on getting an iphone. Not in the budget. But, I thought it was interesting that she recommended one to help with hearing.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No, not steroids. If it were a steroid shot it could reduce the fat pad on the heel.. very bad!

It was similar to prolotherapy. I did not know that until it was all done. The good thing is that it's supposed to improve the ligaments and is anti-inflammatory. For now though.. it's painful.. just as prolotherapy is. Very sore today.

They use this therapy in sports medicine.

Andie.. I used to have a rebounder .. back in the 80's. Wish I had not given it up!! It cost me about $40!! ( no handles to hold onto though )

Health coach.. she is helping me with my diet and taught me how to make kombucha today!!! Learning SO MUCH!! How to make fermented veggies too, but for now, those are bothering my stomach. So we will get into that later.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

im not sure why i am here...im tired and thats a good thing. will sleep soon.

good news on heater replacemtn...but not sure if i can find money...

drain guy comes tomorrow...i hope it just needs a good roto rooter...that is 300. there is a possibility i will have to replace pipes ...but i really cant think about that. no way ihave money for that.

i started to organize huge piles of papers...realized how many i lost..but the ones are have are in file folders and lableed-step one to writing up what lawyer wants/

got last of ten tape samples of mold that will help lawyer put case together

heavey frost tomorrow night...

anyway...hope i sleep -no ex machine...hope soon.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

The ground was wet this am and all the cars in the parking lot where clean. Thank you Mother Nature.

Able to have my cup of coffee in the forest this am. 5 min walk in, rest, 5 min out. Wind was blowing in the pines and a few pine needles were falling.

Health was struggling but at least I was doing well enough to be there. Resting now. Wtg for pain to become more manageable.

kam
Member # 3410

I also was able to scrub two sauce pans that the caregiver doesn't get clean.

Not sure how long they have needed scrubbing as she had put them away.

Hoping to get up and scrub a baking dish I used while back too.

Then, the kitchen will pretty much have clear counters.

kam
Member # 3410

Thought of you tutu when I heard more about the pain shot that is causing menigitus (sp?)
kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...step by step. you are doing good.

tutu..ok just read your post....not the same shot..whewph

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, sounds like me going behind my husband rewashing the pans. I'm real picky about my pans shining and clean. Since my dx of heart disease, he has been doing so much more around here. I guess heart disease scared him more than lyme.

I've nicely told him several times now that he left food on them. I had to introduce him to scrub pads. I just came from kitchen where he did the pan washing last night. Sure enough there was one to rewash.

Yes, he got the hint and started the vacuum without me saying anything. I guess I'll just let the rewashing thing go and count my blessings.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

lp, I've learned baking soda is great for keeping drains flowing. But the large 4 lb box at Walmart. Much cheaper.

Box gives recommendations on how to use. Hopefully you'll not need expense of plumber again.

Pam

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Doing my Friday dance!

[woohoo]

25 minutes on the stair climber, arm/ab workout, leg lifts and took Rocky around the back of the property.

Struggled with the stair climber today but what kept me going was the couple of crappy comments from my co-workers.

Went to mall exchanged belt that was too small for the hubs and picked him up another shirt.

Bought a decent lunch of Thai spring roll with raw fish and a flavored water.

Map-Good luck! My hubs doesn't ever get the hint. [shake]

Kam-What's motivating me this week is the couple of crappy comments I received from my co-workers about my weight. Gonna look for a second-hand bike too. My nephew bought a new one and thought I might throw in some biking on the weekend. [spinning smile]

TuTu-Hope the shots help. A health coach sounds wonderful. I've had personal trainers before and they earned every penny! [Big Grin]

Kayak-Great to hear that you're getting your stuff together for the attorney. I really had to struggle to get on my stair climber this morning. [sleepy]

Going to Atlanta in the morning for a meeting and then some grocery shopping at the international market there.

Looks like no rest for the weary!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam.. we had some GOOD rains last night and today... WONDERFUL!!

Right... I did not get a steroid shot.

I'm cooking lamb bone broth with lentils today, along with butternut squash. [Smile]

I really love making my own ginger tea from the root. Good stuff and so healthy!

kayak... praying it all works out!!

AKL.. sounds like a great shopping trip!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hubby was able to be up more today. Worked at his computer.

Laid out in the sun on the porch this afternoon.

Answering phone calls this evening! His brother needs advice on which laptop computer to buy.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ok-no ex machine but i did work an hr in garden planting iris's and i had to sit at least 4 times from breathing hard so i must have burned some calories

first heavy frost so needed to get the bulbs covered.

didint sleep til 4 am and then didnt wake up for drain guys call but he got here later

i cried. im afraid to have him do anything. long story-too risky-then i called my friend and we sat in the drive-it was sunny and windy and we laughed while etta chased leaves

just wanted to stop in here for a bit...have to work more on the papers...i will make a separate post about the toilet.

thanksw map about bking soda-probably will try. i plan to use a lot of dawn too.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

map.. you're right .. my heart stuff scares the crap out of my husband too

but he hasn't vacuumed or washed dishes for me .. except when my neck was so painful I couldn't even cook

MannaMe.. glad he's moving around!

[ 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive out to the forest area 3 miles away and let Rosie run while I drove in the car.

Body is too stiff and sore to get dressed yet so just put on my boots and my coat over my PJ's.

Ice on the back of the windshield this am and I could see Rosie's breath while she was out running.

But, it is going to heat up tomorrow so fall is still not here yet.

Saw javelina on the way back...both Rosie and I were in the car by then.

Today's plan is to eat and take meds and rest....rested all day yesterday after the morning outing.

But, that was not a good rest. I could not get warm until after 5 pm then I was overheated.

I guess i Over did it yesterday morning.

So thankful to have this thread to come to as it helps me keep going along with Rosie that is.

There was a potluck here yesterday. Mgmt provided the beef.

My health just is not there yet to be around people although I would have liked to have been there.

I learned that my neighbor got hit by a car again.

She is in a power chair too and has a service dog.

Car 1 Power Chair 0

She made eye contact with the driver of the car. The car stopped, she started to cross in front of the car.

The car started moving. She was tossed out of her power chair and hit the ground.

Both the service dog and her were in the hospital for a short time.

This story is from another neighbor which I take with a grain of salt with how things get told around here.

But, this one sounds reasonable. She adn the dog are OK. I dont' know about her power chair yet.

She also has another power chair which doens't work too well for her and a manual chair and a caregiver so she will still have wheels under her one way or the other.

Hoping to see her soon to inquire as to how she is doing. I heard she had road burns.
I think of all the times I Have made eye contact with drivers and went in front of their car...usually they also wave me thru.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's very scary, kam!! Keep us posted on your friend. I hope she is OK!

I went to church this a.m. for choir rehearsal and a Bible study. Then we went to a memorial service for a dear friend. (kam... she and her husband were Paul's sponsors in Xango) Remember Paul? Saw him today.

I'm really sad about losing her. She was such a big help to me and a great friend. One of those feisty women! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jenni-bunnies
Member # 34506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenni-bunnies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Some of you guys are really doing a lot! Very impressive [Wink]

My big exercise today was getting up and walking 40 feet to the bathroom 5 times. Tonight, I even stayed vertical long enough to wash face and brush teeth!!! Very exciting, couldn't manage that last night.

I'm also trying to do light stretches in bed - twists, leg stretches, etc. Trying to slow down the muscle atrophy as much as possible.

Hard to believe that 6 months ago I was walking almost 2 miles some days! I really hope I can get well enough to even get outside in nature soon.

Any of you been this sick and get back on track?

Jenni~

Posts: 18 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Able to take Rosie around the short blk to toilet via the Big Boy Chair.

Put away dishes, washed some dishes, put some dishes in sink to soak.

Finally able to wash the food spills off the bottom shelf of the frig.

Took out trash so it is not stinky in here now.

7 am Resting. Not sure how long I will need to rest before I can manage to get up and do more.

Hoping to give Rosie and I a shower today.

kam
Member # 3410

Ah yes. Also able to finally plug in power chair to recharge.
kam
Member # 3410

'll be back to catch up on what you all have been doing. Vision is blurred this am.
kam
Member # 3410

I also was able to put the top sheet back on the bed and the quilt..kind of made teh bed.
kam
Member # 3410

8 am getting up now to give Rosie and I a shower...wish me luck
kam
Member # 3410

Got er done. I am exhausted. Able to put conditioner on both Rosie and I this am.

Rare I have what it takes to do this.

Rosie always changes shades of black when I give her a shower.

Bathroom floor also got a bath. I just put towels down as I don't have what it takes to mop up the water.

Not sure how they do the pomp on the tails and ears...assuming it is due to blow drying.

Not sure I will have what it takes to blow dry Rosie's ears or tail.

She had a burr stuck to her. Wtg until I have the strength to cut it out.

But, next step is to try and shave her face and find someone to clip her nails...then shave her feet.

She does need an all over shave but for now I am hoping I have what it takes to do the above first along with pullng the hair out of her ears and cleaning her ears.

kam
Member # 3410

Rosie had no patience. She wanted to get out and kick up her heals outdoors.

she ran to the lobby and started barking at me to let her out the door. I have never seen her do that.

But, we usually head outside after she has had a bath. I was hoping I could rest first but no.

So, out we went. It is going to be hot today.

I tried to blow dry Rosie's ears adn tail so it would be fluffly like it is after she gets back from teh groomers.

I wasn't able to hold the blow dryer long enough to do so.

the hair on her ears is also matted. Not sure what to do about that. I put a lot of conditioner on her ears hoping that would help but it didn't.

I also tried to trim her ears and the hair around her eyes.

She has lots of hair in her ears that needs to be plucked out.

But, that is all I am able to do so far today.

I was able to pick the towels up off the floor and hung them over the rack to dry.

Resting now...then breakfast will be in order. Wondering how long it is going to take me to recover.

I also tried to use the brush they suggest for poodles but once again it seemed to do nothing.

And I tried one of my combs...that didn't do much either for the ears adn tail.

I still have things to pikc up that I dropped while trying to get the blow dryer out and the brush etc...it can wait.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH yes, jenni!! You CAN get well!! I did!! My problem now is my darn feet. I was walking several miles a week last year and doing other exercise.

Kam... did you see my question above?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Jenni, at his worst time, my husband was spending 90% of his time in bed. This was before he was diagnosed.

He's now able to be up and around. He still has a ways to go, but he's gettin' there!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

My sweet husband took me to a friend's memorial service Saturday even when he didn't want to... he was tired. Even he was glad we went. Afterward, I thanked him profusely for taking me.

With my saying it thru tears, he truly got the message!!

And a dear friend took me shopping at Kohl's today!! I haven't been anywhere to actually SHOP since early last winter! (grocery stores don't count!!)

She pushed me around in a wheelchair and I bought hubby some shirts and got some warm socks for me.

OH.. and GRATEFUL that someone came to our aid very quickly when the battery in her car went on the blink!!

What a blessing! [Smile]

--
PS.. the memorial service was about 25+ miles away. Thankfully, I was able to walk right in to the room where the gathering was held. (no long distance to walk)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement