LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? OCT. 29-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? OCT. 29-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I'd start the thread this week gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving Father Guido's links here:

http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2012/usnats/res_4-WayRotation.html

http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2012/usnats/res_4-WaySequential.html

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx ALW...I'll be checking for pics on Father Guido's web site soon.

I hope he stops in to let us know how it all went.

I was able to be on my feet out in the forest this am.

I was looking for the trail that leads to the fallen tree trunks about 5 min in.

That is a good place to stop and rest. There is a tree truck I can lean against while I sit on the lower tree truck.

But, I didn't find it. I did find a beautiful path with pine trees in the view lined all long the path.

I figured there are 3 paths off the one path I use to take.

I took the 3rd path this time which branched off to 3 other paths.

I get easily confused and I was easily confused this am but with time I will get them figured out and know where my rest stops are.

Good to be out on my feet in the forest.

Good to see Rosie so happy again and kicking up her heels.

She is back to not wanting to get in the car yet so I drive down the road a bit while she runs after we have our 5 min in the forest, rest and then 5 min out.

She was even jumping up on the logs this am.

During the summer and when she had more hair on her she would barely walk with me and then lie down by my feet when I rested.

Now, she is bouncing like a deer thru the forest.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise for me today. Too sore from the 5 hours of intense yardwork on Saturday.

Did some over head pruning and raking. Can still hardly move.

Kam-Did me a world of good to read about Rosie having a great time out and about.

Rocky overdid it too this weekend and is like me, barely getting around.

We make quite the pair! [Big Grin]

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tried to do a little cooking. Now my feet are down and out. They have been swelling up for the past week. Was really bad while we were in TX. I guess because my feet were WARM for once!!

Now I'm back to having frozen feet! Hubby will take me to the grocery store later (with the wheelchair).

sigh

--

glad to hear Rosie had a wonderful time! Take it easy, AKL!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh-i goofed and replyed to wrong thread earlier. its getting crazy here. we lost power but now it is back. hope my angels stay close tonight...yours too if you are in this storm

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak...how are you doing this morning? I have yet to turn on the TV to see how things went.

TUTU...sorry to hear about your feet still hurting and not allowing you to do much.

Hoping being in the wheel chair helps but guessing they need to be elevated too.

ALW..hope you and Rocky recover soon.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Able to take Rosie to the field next door to do her business..brush her a very short bit and do a very short bit of scissor cutting.

Able to put two loads of laundry in. Laundry is really backed up. I guess it has been a while since I have been able to do the wash.

Able to wash some dishes. Resting now.

Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone! I was away, visiting my mom and without computer access for awhile, so I wasn't able to post.

On Sunday, I was up on the roof getting all the leaves out of the drains in preparation for Sandy. I also made a big pot of French lentil soup with tarragon, and I roasted a chicken.

Yesterday, I was too tired to do much other than walk the pup around the block and work with him on his obedient exercises.

I'm finsind myself struggling against depression. The only hits I'm having on work has been volunteer.

I need to get past this place and start trying to figure out how to motivate myself again.

Good to get caught up and back in touch. We somehow weathered the storm with only a lot of limbs scattered in the yard. We continue to have power and no basement flooding. I feel grateful.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Good to hear that those of you weathering Sandy are ok.

Still sore but mending. [Roll Eyes]

No exercise again. Working 9 hours today.

TuTu-Hope and pray your in-laws are going to be ok. And your poor feet! I was reading something on the internet about tight calf muscles contributing to plantar fasciitis. Oy vey, hope those tootsies get better!

Kayak-Hang in there!

Kam-Soon as I can get around better I'll have to tackle my house chores too.

Andie-I was just thinking that I need to sweep off my pump house roof. It's covered with acorns, oak leaves and small branches. Will get to that eventually. BTW, I just love lentil soup!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just finished the first day of competition and completed all eight jumps in the rotation event. Team 3301 Motley Crew came in second place and if you click on the 3301 link, it brings up a team photo (But you have to guess which one in the Lyme guy)!

Exhausted and going to bed to get up at 5am and repeat. Ciao!

http://omniskore.com/comp/2012/usnats/res_4-WayRotation.html

Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear ya, Andie. Hope you find work soon. The depression sucks. I was very blue yesterday due to my pain. It's thankfully better today. My feet are not swollen.

I was able to go to church for a class on healing oils. Sure need THAT!! It's a 6 wk course.

I made Kombucha and quinoa today. I'm turning into a food freak!! [Wink]

Take care and see you guys tomorrow!

PS.. My husband was nearly killed by a drunk driver tonight on his way home from a nearby city. Whew!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Brain has too much pressure this am to read what you all posted so getting up to take a couple of excedrin but first planning on taking Rosie out to toilet.

Sometimes the cool morning air helps the brain too.

Able to fill the kitchen sink with dishes andhot sudsy water to soak.

Put away a few of the laundry. HOping to be able to do more.

Hoping to find Rosie's ball. It is under something. I got her a ball that you put treats in.

She bats it around with her paws ...sometimes the treats come out and some times they don't.

She really likes it. She kept giving me the look yesterday evening to let me know she wanted the ball.

But, I couldnt' find it.

My body was hurting to much to move about much yesterday evening. HOping to do better this am.

kam
Member # 3410

Rosie ran out the hallway door, down the hall and then out the lobby doors this am.

I found her around back in the neighbors fenced in yard. Somewhere during my travels to get her I ran over poop and leaves.

I hate that smell. I did not notice it until I had come in.

Now, it is on the carpet. I rolled the chair back out to try and clean it up a bit.

The poop is on the inside of the wheel. No hoses here to hose it off.

No carpet shampooer to clean the carpets.

I was able to use a spray and an old toothbrush to get the majority of the poop off.

But, I am done in now.

Plan B to finish the job later.

I keep getting the hallway door caught on the molding over the closest door when I come in.

Rosie has gotten out twice. She is quick. She gets out the door before I have a chance to stop her.

I have asked the maintence man to remove the molding in the past but it dint' get done...not sure why now..I think he didn't think it was a good idea.

I guess I need to put something to block the door before it hits the molding..hoping I don't trip over that.

Not a happy camper. I was planning on taking Rosie and I out to the forest this am while I had the mojo

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 10 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Halloween everyone!

Well, I'm sitting here at work wearing my $5 Walmart halloween skeleton t-shirt and matching earrings looking festive for someone my age.

Also bought some inexpensive caramels to add to the candy dish that sits here at the reception desk.

No exercise today, had a teeth cleaning appointment. At least my 'fangs' are all clean and sharp! [lol]

Guido-Will try and spot you.

TuTu-That class sounds interesting. So glad to hear that your hubs is ok.

Kam-I hate it when someone steps in poop and brings it in the house onto my carpet and floors. Hope Rosie doesn't run out any more. I used to hate it when Rocky did that. Sometimes he still tries but usually ends up hurting his hips.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam.. I'm so sorry about the poop!! I can smell it from here. That would drive me mad too!! [Mad] Can you get someone to help you clean it up??

AKL.. thanks for reminding me to put on my Halloween shirt today!! I'm going out to dinner with a childhood friend. Her father and my father were in WWII together. Our families have a close bond over a span of more than 60 yrs!

My bank called today to ask if I had bought a bus ticket in Great Britain or gone to Build a Bear. NOPE and NOPE!

So hubby is off to get us a new card at our bank today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Again...hoping to read your posts when able.

I think I had an hour and a half outing this am.

I know I was able to last longer than my normal 10 to 15 min at the grocery store.

body is in pain now. I am resting. Used electric cart

So able to hold myself upright much longer than norm.

Did not hit bags of groceries that were hanging off the side of my power chair this time when I went thru the main lobby doors.

Able to open the outside doors up to allow more room.

but, the inside doors were still under code so only able to open one up

Brain was working well enough I was able to kind of maneurve (SP) the chair to have as less impact as possible.

Able to put frig stuff away. Resting now then hoping to clean up in kitchen or might just drive out to the forest and let Rosie run

kam
Member # 3410

I rested, then cruised on over to the pharmacy...they had the tramadol but not the ADD meds so will need to check back later for that one.

Cruised on over to the feedstore

Then across the street to the convenience store for a card...learned they no longer have greeting cards.

This is such a weird illness...I don't know why I was able to do these things today nor/why it takes me weeks/months to do these things due to health.

I also washed a few dishes in the kitchen while on my feet.

And I picked up some sort of spray at the pharmacy that is supposed to help with aches and pains.

My back seems to go first. I got my purse as that is where the spray is but forgot why I got the purse and am laying down now hoping the back pain lets up after a while.

Good news is that it is 10:00 something. I lasted longer than normal this am.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-No exercise. Problems with Verizon wireless home phone system and burglar alarm so had to deal with that.

Picked up the 'Stick Man' children's Christmas story at the library to read on Saturday to the kids at a party on Saturday.

Going over the story to shorten it and my notes for the MC job Saturday. BTW, did I mention that I'm not a public speaker? [Frown]

Guido-Thanks for the link. Watching it was scary but fun at the same time. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're the second from the left. [Razz]

TuTu-What a bond you must have with your friend. Hope the dinner was great. I ended up going home and falling asleep on the couch around 10:30. Whoo Hooo! [Smile]

Kam-Sounds like you're getting around more. I've got to do something different for my pain issues. I've developed fixed drug eruption from Vicodin and Soma. Gee, I've only been taking them off and on since 2003! Thinking moist heat myself and my infrared light. Might also check into ultra sound. Good luck with finding some pain relief Kam. If you come across something let us know. [Smile]

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW....hoping the stick men help you. [Smile]

Tutu...hoping your health held out at dinner. Sounds like fun.

Glad the bank called you about the charges. Ugh.

I noticed the local grocery store has a coupon for a few bucks off on the carpet shampoo machine stuff

Not sure if I will have what it takes to shampoo the carpets but hope so.

Power chair wheels are no longer smelling...this is good.

ALW...the teeth cleaning thing would count as exercise in my book. That would do me in.

Now to check out the sky diving link

kam
Member # 3410

Ok I am guessing the guy in the middle....only because I don't know what the character Father Guido looks like and the guy in the middle reminds me of a movie I saw with a priest
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AKL.. yes, we have a very strong bond. Our families got together every 3 yrs when we were growing up. They lived in MN and we were in TX.

We went camping in MN and to all sorts of places in Texas. Memories galore. They had 5 kids and we had 3. We used to camp with 12 people in one tent!! Crazy fun!

Kam.. did OK at dinner. Then they came over today and I fed them a bit of lunch and we puttered around town here and there, went to the college where my husband works. Bought homemade apple butter made by the students and some summer sausage too.

My feet are not doing so great. Hope they can make it thru tomorrow!!

I hope KAYAK is OK!!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today hubby couldn't do much - felt really tipsy, even while lying down.

Soaked in an Epsom salt bath and rested - that was about all he did.

This evening he did seem to be feeling better.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Just finished getting rent check in the mail...I was able to write it out...but it was my last check...I recall ordering checks quite awhile ago....and trying to find them several times but have yet to find them.

Most of the time I can't write long hand. So, I just scribble a line on the signature line and the mgr fills in the rest for me.

Took Rosie out to toilet via pc of course

Then, cleaned up in kitchen a bit. Almost caught up. A couple glass bake ware dishes to scrub then I am caught up.

Resting now as pain got to be too much. Est 10 min on my feet in the kitchen.

Looks like a nice sunrise out this am but need to let body rest.

I purchased some sort of spray at the pharmacy yesterday that is supposed to help with body pains and aches, etc.

But, I have got to get in the habit of putting it on before I get dressed. Guessing it was designed for one part of the body but I will be spraying all of my body.

Face is good. Face usually does't hurt. HA

The forest is calling me this am...I'll be glad when my power chair is working again and I can cruise around for 10 or 15 min in the great outdoors.

I do plan on driving out there this am. I just won't know until I get there if I am able to walk 5 min in, rest and walk 5 min out or need to stay in the car and drive as Rosie runs.

I took the bayer extra strength this am. it hasn't kicked in yet.

I think there are only about 10 pills in the bottle. I don't know what i paid for it but it doesn't look like something I will be able to take daily to help with aches and pains.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i only lost power for two days and no major damage but the computer wouldnt go online. i just got it back and fixed. i have to deal with paying bills and getting ready for noreaster next week. at least it will be after election day. i now have heat...and am working on the rest. i made friends with the computer guy---he hasa 2 yo with gluten and wheat and other allergies ... making friends with the computer guy is as important as making friends with the dump guy!!!

and thru this whole thing my neighbors have been really great. i feel like they all want to take care of me. so no one should worry if i end up imcomunicato again. take care. be safe---oh-and all my kids are safe too...but the nj one isnt back to work-hes a salesman and his treeitory is under water and he couldnt get gas anyway...but he and his wife and the house areok-living with friends til power is back.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday! Friday! Friday! [bow]

I've had one of those weeks.....no exercise at all.

Gonna have to move my stair climber inside cause it's getting cold in the mornings here.

Kam-Glad your wheels are odorless! [Big Grin] Trying not to feel to guilty about no exercise for the week but I've been crazy busy. I need to go to the forest with you.

TuTu-I have a friend in Minnesota but have never been there. I hear it's very beautiful. Camping with family friends over the years sounds a little bit like heaven. Bet you all have tons of happy memories! [Smile]

MannaMe-I still have the dizzy feeling while laying down. Especially if I'm working alot and lay down on my picnic table bench. Glad he's feeling better. [Smile]

Kayak-A good computer guy and a mechanic are worth their weight in gold! Hang on to that guy! Glad you and yours weathered the storm. [Cool]

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

ALW...good to hear from you.

No guilt. You do a lot.

Kayak...good to hear from you too. Glad all is OK.

I was on the phone for 2 hrs with a tech trouble shooting why I was not able to download the free Mcafee virus that comes with the internet service.

That did me in for the rest of the day but glad I got that accomplished. I started at dawn and got the run around.

Surprised I could be on the phone. The closed caption helped.

Once I got the 5th or 6th person she dug right in and I just laid down next to the computer and watched...that was from about 8:30 to 10:30 am.

So maybe an hour before that trying to get someone who did not give me the run around.

Manna..I hate those times when it is like that.

Tutu...tootling around the area souonds like fun.

Those camping trips sound like fun too.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today hubby felt a teeny bit better.... he still feels awful, but is taking more interest in things around him.

I guess his exercise consists of walking from bedroom to bathroom and up or down the stairs.

We did go to the chiropractor for his appointment this afternoon. Wasn't far away and he was ready for bed as soon as we got home.

Wasn't happy with waiting for his supper - pushed the limits on that one. We had a busy, busy day.

Still have laundry to fold and several more loads to hang up.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew! Busy day! Friends came over again and we got in one last round of reminiscing! Then I went to nearby city to hear my husband play in a big band.

I haven't been able to hear him play over the past 9 months or so because of my feet. The auditorium where they usually play is too hard on my feet. Steps and slopes, and yuck.

This was at the music store downtown as part of an arts festival. Loved hearing the band. They were GREAT. They have some new members so the sound is different. Hubby had about 8-9 solos.

Very glad to hear from you, kayak! It was good to talk to you today!!

kam.. tell me the name of the spray! (well, IF it works!)

Manna... hope your husband feels better tomorrow!

AKL... If you ever get to MN, be sure to go to Gooseberry Falls on Lake Superior. GREAT campground and the lake is beautiful. Yes, the whole state is wonderful. We've also camped at Lake Itasca.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tu, that's so exciting that you were able to go hear your husband play. I know how much you love his music and how much you've missed doing that.

Nothing like a solo sax...

Sorry I haven't checked in. We've all been playing catchup here since Sandy pushed through.

Grateful we kept our basement dry and somehow managed to survive with the power still on and only a lot of branches down in the yard.

I actually drove to a gym with the intention of joining today, but it was still without power. I'll have to wait until they're back up and running.

So tonight, I was on the rebounder again for about 15 minutes, and then I did 18 sit ups. I think I'm herxing tonight, so I wasn't able to stretch quite as far as I'd hoped.

I walked the dog today too, but walking is still challenging for me--at least going any distance.

Good to read everyone's posts and catch up.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Blinds and windows open Check
dishes in hot sudsy water Check
Dress Check (forgot to try the body pain spray again before gettign dressed)

Rosie out to toilet check

Trash outside door for now check (hoping neighbor will take it to the dumpster)

picked up a couple of things in front room that have been tehre for weeks Check

Bed made lyme style Check (noticed that caregiver put blanket on sideways...oh well)

Tried to add things to grocery list several times but got distacted when I could not find a pen to write with...ADD check

made cup of coffee Check

Resting now and trying to clear head...then hoping to put some laundry in and clean up in kitchen

I also took mag and probiotics Check

Bayer extra strength Check (able to finally read the label and learn there were only 10 days of pills in the bottle)

Answered a couple of emails Check

Mind jumping from one thought to another and dropping thought I had re: doing things around the house Check

Also hoping to be able to get the toilet paper out of the car this am...it has been in there a week or so and it is a must have now.

Want to have a tantrum throwing coffee mug because brain and body don't work like they use to Check

Kept it under wraps tho and focused on all I am able to do in the mornings that I was not able to in the past

kam
Member # 3410

Hoping to check to see when the live streaming for ilads starts

Happy to see bike sells are up on the East coast as people are using bikes to get around instead of wtg in long gas lines

kam
Member # 3410

Andie...good to hear from you. Sounds good.

Tu...Fun Fun is good But bet you will need some down time now.

Manna..it is nice when health is doing well enough to be more aware of what is around us

kam
Member # 3410

Able to get 15 miles out of town this am. Saw a few fall colors which were a treat.

On my feet to walk into a forested area for a short distance to let Rosie out to stretch her feet.

On my feet for a few steps to see a used car that caught my eye...just dreaming.

On my feet for a few short steps to look inside one of those small houses that was for sale.

they were asking $14,000 for this one.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i couldnt fall asleep til 4 this morning...i dont know what is going on . i am exhausted but i het the bed and my eyes have toothpicks holding them open. i havent gotten more than 4 hrs in a night since sandy. and im used to 10-12.

a friend came over today and helped me do a bunch of things i cant do. the portable garage shifted and i couldnt zip it closed and she fixed that, i sat close and talked to her...not quite exercise i guess..except i WAS holding etta on the leash for dear life...that was strength training.

then she took out my two window ac's...i was on the outside sort of holding them but didnt do much.

then she looked at my gutters and decided to come back tomorrow to try to fix those...it was hard to walk all around the house with her.

shes also gonna make my attic access things easier to use...and put some closet doors back in a bedroom...and probably on another day come back and start cutting the sheetrock to look for mold.

all things to get ready for winter and hopefully give me a little more clean space to live in.

i unhooked the camper with just a little help from my neighbor. its been snowing in the mts. i dont want to pull it thru the pass tues if theres any precip at all.

i also have been doing a load of laundry for the past 24 hrs...it has finally made it to the dryer where i am safe...no drain back-ups to worry about.

ive gotten a lot done but it seems there is always so much more to do. im real sleepy. maybe i should take a nap.

i heard nj is going to get gasoline...and a lot of lights are coming back on...boy do i feel like i dodged a bullet.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, Andie! Hope you can join the gym soon, but the rebounder is good stuff!!

kam... When is the Excedrin coming out?? Glad you got a lot of things done.

kayak.. what a wonderful friend you have!! So do you think the drains are getting better now??

We had choir rehearsal today and then ate out for lunch and made a quick trip thru Wal Mart for essentials. Got home by 1 pm!

Guess I should go rest awhile. My feet really are not so bad today. I'm shocked! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i did one load of laundry ...very slowly...it took 24 hrs to drain the washer...but now i am trying a second load...then i will be done for a week. the noreaster coming wed-thurs isnt looking that bad now. i sure hope i sleep tonight...i really need it.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak....did you sleep? Good you had help.

Tu....good to hear your feet were doing better yesterday. Praying it continues.

Not sure what I will be able to do this am. For some reason I had trouble sleeping last night too even with my sleeping pill combo.

A shower would be nice...we shall see.

Laundry too

And cleaning up in the kitchen.

For now, I just need to get dressed adn get Rosie out to toilet

kam
Member # 3410

OK Got Rosie out...burr..cold out there.

Filled the sinks full of hot sudsy water and dishes. Back Pain got to be too much so resting now then hope to get up and finish cleaning up in the kitchen.

Sprayed the pain stuff on me last night and this am. It isn't helping much this am.

I don't know when excedrin extra strength will be back on the shelves. I hope soon.

One of the excedrin products was supposed to be shipping out for the shelves last month but i have yet to see it on the shelves??

Extra strength was to follow

kam
Member # 3410

Drove the 3 miles to the forest. Saw a fellow dog park friend with her new service dog.

Parked car and walked a bit with her on the asphalt. Noticed it is much more do able to walk on the asphalt vs the dirt trails.

Est 5 min on feet before I sat down to rest. Rosie and her new dog started playing.

Rosie started that barking thing she does when she wants the other dog to run so she can chase him.

My brain can't handle the sound of her barking and she gets annoying.

Got that calmed down mostly due to the other lady putting her dog back on leash. Rosie was the one who should have gone back on leash...but I can't be on my feet and have her on leash most of the time.

Ran into the lady who found the lady with alz last week.

We walked back to my car as the lady was talking about finding the lady.

My brain usually can't do that but i made it the 5 min back.

Still feeling weird in the brain this am and wtg for the brain to get back to lyme normal.

The lady with parkinsons said takes pills to help with the dopemin (SP?) in her brain and if something stressful happens it drains the brain and she has troubles.

I was not doing well enough to ask her what she took. (An antidepressant?)

Learned the people had been looking for the lady with alz since 10:30 pm the night before.

She was found at dawn in her. I also learned that the town provides free tracking bracelets or ? to help.

The lady found her as she heads down the paved road on her hike. She said 3 cars passed by her before one saw them needing help.

The lady was kind down in a ravine. I drive my car down that dirt road at times.

I am thankful I did not drive it down that road when she was there. As I most likely would have hit her...the hood of the car goes up before it goes down in that spot and I would not have been able to see her until it was too late.

The lady with the service dog said the dog is doing well with picking things up that she drops and handing out papers in the classroom.

But, she is having trouble with the dog when he is not working.

he is a lot of puppy still. maybe 2 yrs old or more as she needed him to grow strong enough so he could help her get up off the ground if need be.

She is not sure when to let him just play and be a dog. She is concerned he will not be there for her if needed.

I had that trouble with the first service dog I had for a few months.

Thankfully Rosie is flexible. And she has that 6th sense before I do that my brain is not working right.

That is something you can't train a dog to have.

My first service dog was a lab. Her dog is a lab too. They are good at retrieving things.

kam
Member # 3410

I also have mixed feelings about this am's outing.

It was good to be around others. But, it also reminds me of how low functioning I am and how something like that does me in for ? amt of hours afterwards.

I feel I should have the right to be able to take a short walk with others and talk or listen to what they are saying and be normal.

Wondering if I was in my power chair if things would have gone smoother?

kam
Member # 3410

Able to wash a few dishes. Rested. Then washed a few more. Almost caught up.

need to eat tho. Just not hungry today.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Interesting read today, kam!! Hope the lady's dog works out for her.

A Parkinson's patient supplements with dopamine. It is a prescription. The meds cause side effects though. (undesirable ones) My father had it. It's a terrible disease. Of course, I feel certain he got it from undiagnosed lyme.

Glad you didn't go down that ravine!!

My neck hurts from something I lifted last night... can't win for losing! Praying it settles down soon. Kinda hurt my back too and aggravated my feet. Sigh.

Cooked bone broth today! It came out really well!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Andie333
Member # 7370

Tu, I hope your neck feels better.

Kam, I have possibly good news about Excedrin. I ahd found it was the only thing that would get rid of the sometimes debilitating headaches I sometimes get.

But I read someplace about a generic equivalent sold by Walgreens. It's called simply Extra Strength Headache Relief. The good news is that it's half the cost of excedrin, and I found that it's just as effective.

If you don't have a Walgreens in your area, you can order it, and they'll ship to you.

We went to church this morning, and then I tried grocery shopping for the week. The shops were still stripped to a bare minimum, after Sandy.

I got home, made a turkey meatloaf dinner, and I was completely exhausted. Plus, my body ached.

I think the stress of being laid off--with the end to unemployment benefits only 2 months away--has really taken its toll.

By tonight, my whole body seemed to ache. I think it's a herx, but I can't be sure.

There are some days I don't know if I'm still improving in this fight against co-infections, or if I'm just going backwards. Now, I can't afford the tests to see.

Tomorrow's the start of a new week. I'm going to bed now and hoping for a new beginning.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i DID sleep...went to bed early and then got the extra hour. i am still not right. will see new primary tomorrow - maybe a miracle will happen and he wont be a duck. i need to know if anything can be done about this arm. actually it is my whole left side of back too. just too much pain.

my friend came back and worked on gutters for 5 hrs. they are about 3/4 done. i pushed the wc backwards and pulled the wheelbarrow and picked up almost all the branches down from the storm. just a few big ones left at the fence line. it was very, very hard for me. my thighs started to feel as bad as my arms. it really feels like when you work a muscle too hard...first achey then weak. i am afraid it is the mito thing but i know this doc wont deal with it. i just hope he sends me to a specialist that knows what they are doing.

i rested for awhile when i came in and then had to search thru totes to find doc notes and old tests. i think i found enough.

im really exhausted...guess i need to sleep a lot again.

all you guys in the middle of the country and out west need to look this way and blow that freakin storm all the way to england!!!

enough is enough. we dont need more. get busy now! blow!!!!

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement