LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? NOV 19-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? NOV 19-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go........another week!! What's got you up and about? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got up early because I had to deliver two more shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. An elderly couple brought two beautiful boxes to our Thanksgiving service last night. (the deadline was Nov 11th)

I just thanked them profusely for being so sweet. I was thankful that the REAL deadline was today, Nov. 19.

I have plans for next year! We're going to collect stuff all year and have a party to fill the boxes! I've been wanting to do this for a long time, so I hope everyone is going to be with me on this!!

Here is an inspiring story!

http://www.komc.com/12657/help_operation_christmas_child_at_c_of_o_.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got to the beach again after motor vehicle

i walked more than the first two days...but i rested in between

i want to go back soon and get a bunch of seaweed for my garden

it feels good to talk about exercise on this thread

new llmd and PT eval tomorrow

oh yeah...washed my hair this morning too...that was definitely exercise

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday and Tuesday-25 minutes on the stair climber, leg lifts, arm workout and that ab video.

Monday I walked Rocky around the back of the property but not today.

Having more car trouble so it's parked and am car pooling with the hubs. I have to take him to work at 7 and I don't go in until 1. What a bummer. Well, I should get alot of stuff done! [Big Grin]

TuTu-Sometimes you do have to give different deadlines. We do the same thing with time. People that are habitually late, we tell them at least 30 minutes earlier than everyone else. [Roll Eyes]

Kayak-Are you out there walking on the beach? I'm so green! This thread really helps me to have some accountability. Otherwise I'd be laying on the couch watching tv and eating bonbons! [lick]

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akl.. yeah, but a whole week!!? They are at least 85 yrs old, maybe older, God Bless 'em!

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gee...we're havin a threesome here. where's everybody else?

exercise today was my shower. i did get to both doc appts. not sure about the primary. PT was good. he took my arm pain away for 15 min...so wierd to not have pain for a few min after 3 weeks steady. he moved someone so i could come in fri and then 2 times a week for 3 weeks...he doesnt think it is torn at this point---only impinged.

also-the pain that makes me not be able to walk happened 3 times today and the last time was in his office...he told me it was tendons below my knee-very common with knee replacements

so one more thing to follow up on

anyway-i played with etta for an hour after that-then shopped and now i plan to crash for a long time and only do what i wanna do til monday.

one son offered to come here but with my plumbign problems i figured it wasnt a good idea. a bunch of us singles are getting together thursday eventing. i want to do yard work for fun the rest of the weekend but i know i shouldnt use the arm for work. he said just for light things.

and yes!!!!! i have been walking on the beach...and i hope i can keep doing that

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My poor hubby spent most of the day upstairs. He was down awhile this morning to lay out in the sunshine.

I took all his meals and supplements up to him... so I got lots of exercise climbing the stairs!!

Hopefully he feels a whole lot better tomorrow. We have his family coming for Thanksgiving, so he can be along. Sure hope he's able to enjoy the day.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak... behave yourself now!! Hope he can get your shoulder all better!!

manname.. hope hubby is able to enjoy Thanksgiving!!

I went to my healing oils class. It was good!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starting posting, got up to let the caregiver in and lost what I had typed.

Now, I need to rest before I try it again.

Wore me out just getting up to let the caregiver in.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i had a slow morning too but then wnt out to back patio and started playing in the dirt. im gonna see if my day lilies and irises are happy next to the shed. im only putting a few there cuz i have chipmunks under the shed and not sure if they will eat the bulbs. having lunch and resting now...lunch is leftover egg sandwich i didnt eat on my doc journey yesterday...but i have stuff to make winter squash soup and that sounds good to me...with cranberries and pumpkin seeds.

oh yeah...not sure if its related or not but i woke a few times in the night for bathroom and my arm didnt hurt at all!!! amazing...since i havent slept well for 3 weeks cuz of pain. it seemed all the PT did was hold my arm in a position that didnt hurt for 15 min...but he called it traction. it did hurt b4 bed...but then it didnt for 10 hrs or so...hope this is a preview of things to come. im trying really hard not to use it in the garden

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-25 minutes on ye old stair climber, leg lifts, arm workout and my 90's ab video.

Had time to walk Rocky around the back of the property.

Today's my Friday so I'm dancing! [Big Grin]

Getting off at 3 then don't have to be back at work until Monday!

TuTu- [lol] You're right, a week is pretty bad. We have a saying, if someone's late that they're on Okinawan time. A week late.....I don't even know what that'd be!

Kayak-Have you tried wearing a sling for that bad shoulder? Just to take the weight off that joint will sometimes help. Be careful with the yardwork too. I did some raking and it took me a couple of weeks to recover.

MannaMe-Sunshine sounds wonderful....and stair climbing, that's a sure nuff workout!

Kam-I hate it when I lose my posts. I don't know what the heck happens to them. They must be out there wandering around in cyberspace.

If I don't get a chance to tell you all, have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ak-we posted at the same time. i fantacize about a sling...but the ortho warned me not to or shoulder will become frozen and PT agreed. pt says just go slow and use it as much as i can but stop if it hurts. im doing pretty good...once in awhile i mess up

and guess what else is causing it...my posture and i know that is a problem whenever i dont ride. that is one reason i let myself ride...it is so good for me. but money problems for now. need a working toilet first

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. if you're playing in the dirt, you are NOT behaving yourself!! [tsk]

Such a beautiful day here! We have one more nice day and then winter will follow. UGH!!! It's usually very cold on Thanksgiving. One year it even snowed. This time we escaped the cold!

I got my hair cut and then we managed to go to the grocery store. Got LUCKY as it was NOT crowded. Busy, but OK! We got there around 1:30. We just needed the basics and forgot that we should have been smarter than to show up at the store the day before Thanksgiving!!!

I didn't realize our mistake until last night!

Oh.. we also ate lunch "out" and ran into a good friend there. We got to chat with him awhile. He's such a nice man!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone!! [hi] God Bless us all!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanksgiving time, and I am stopping in to add you all to my list of blessings. My Lymenet friends were there for me when times were rough.

I am still well, working and enjoying my family. I have been so blessed, and hope that you have too.

I am grateful for all of you! LouLou

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou...good to hear from you.

tutu..glad you are OK. I thought of you when I saw the pile up on the news. Glad to hear you were not part of it.

Able to cruise over to the circle K this am in my reclining pc with leg lifts.

I needed to return a red box movie that a friend had rented. She forgot to put the DVD inside the case when she returned it before heading back to CA.

It took me awhile but i was able to figure it out. Not sure what was going on with the brain/vision/processing but they were all really struggling.

I do think in the future I might be able to do the Red Box thing....I hope. I am just not sure about being able to get it back the next day due to health being unreliable.

Good news. A cyber lyme friend is stopping by today. She lives in NY but is visiting AZ.

Sure hope my health is doing well enough to enjoy her being here. I don't do well with conversations...does me in.

But, hoping I am doing well enough to go to the trailhead 3 miles from home and let her do some exploring there.

I don't know if I will be able to be on my feet for 5 min in the forest or be able to load up my power chair and cruise around until I try.

I also am officially a vegetarian (SP)...forced...I can no longer chew and swallow chicken, meat, turkey, etc.

Too weak.

I also am locked out of my FB page for lyme friends. It showed that someone from Palm Springs had accessed it and since they did not show me ever accessing my acct from that area they closed it down.

Good that they can do this.

I just need to wait until my brain is working well enough to choose a new password and log in again.

Exercise wise...I was able to be on my feet in the forest for a couple of times this week.

Est I was on my feet 5 min before I needed to rest and then walk back. My friend who was visiting went with me...

She drove her car and I drove mine as it is too much for me to have someone in the car.

I also needed to wear my ear protection muffs while she was here.

I use to enjoy listening to her talk to her dogs. Now, it is too much for the brain and health.

So she spent most of her time in the front room laying on the couch and I was in my bedroom laying in bed with the ear protection muffs on.

She likes to visit the local thrift shops. I was able to get out and visit 3 of them teh first day she arrived...which is big for me health wise.

I could not have done it if she had not loaded, tied down and unloaded my power chair.

We tried the next day but I didn't get out of the parking lot here at the apartments...

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I am excited. I just had a visit from another lyme warrior from New York.

She was very pleasant to be around and my health did well enough to enjoy her being here.

We went out to the place I go 3 miles out of town to the forest.

I cruised around in my power chair while she walked along side and turned red in the face.

it was hot out there.

I need ice packs now on my brain as it is being a bit weird but I think it will be OK once I lay here a while with the ice packs.

Good medicine to meet another lyme warrior and be able to function well enough to enjoy it.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My husband is feeling better today - he was able to come downstairs awhile this morning to lay out and soak up some sunshine.

Spent the rest of the day upstairs in bed. Had a better day today then he did yesterday.

He was able to eat more today. We think he had a touch of a stomach bug... he took a break from his ABX for 3 days. Kept on taking the herbals.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i worked outside a lot yesterday so that was exercise-then spent the evening with friends and it went well. very tired after. slept well. today saw PT again...it didnt hurt when she worked with me but i have been hurting since i got home. im about to try one more pill and heat packs. hope i can sleep in the bed tonight like i did the last 2 nights. my friend came over this after noon and fixed the attic door. it almost fell on her head the screws were so loose. glad it didnt fall on me or the dog. we walk under it all the time.

tomorrow i hope to go to the beach and get 2 big garbage bags of seaweed to use for mulch. and i have a little more digging to do. hope i can. its supposed to turn cold over night...40s not so bad when your used to 20 below.

also put the price down again on the mt house...and found my water meter. i was afraid my incoming pipes were leaking but they arent. guess that is something to be greatful for.

i need to be on horses more and on the computer less. the posture on the computer is hurting my shoulder the PT said.

hope all had a good day...i saw that texas pile up too. awful.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam... so glad you got to see the cyber friend!!!

I can't type much tonight. Hurt my neck Wed. when we went shopping.

kayak.. you're not behaving

hi to LOULOU! [hi]

manna.. hope hubby feels better each day

PS.. those car pile ups can happen anywhere.. just awful! It was east of Houston. We rarely have to drive in fog.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

My exercise this am was cruising over to the feedstore in my reclining power chair with leg lifts and getting Rosie's dog food.

I always get confused about which bag to purchase. Hoping I got it right.

On the way home, I goofed up and left the door open. I did not even know Rosie was not in the house.

As I was opening my windows, a neighbor told me he just saw Rosie heading that way chasing a cat.

So, guessing the next 10 min were wtg for Rosie's cat fever to go to a lower temp so I could get her attention and get her back in the house.

Brain is really fogged in this am. Resting now then hoping I am doing well enought to plug in the power chairs to charge and get something to eat and take meds and supps.

I need to go to the grocery store but not doing well enough to trust myself behind the wheel right now.

Maybe this evening.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

but the pain after PT continued and i didnt get to sleep in the bed all night...i was up a lot...and in pain this morning too so didnt get seaweed or dig. i took etta with me so i could de-mold with machine for 3 hrs and shopped...lowes, home depot and walmart. got mulch-cedar to keep bugs and ticks out of house (i have never seen a tick here tho), a faucet my handy dandy friend says she will put in, pre-filter for my hepa air-cleaner, and thermometers and hygrometers to keep an eye on on temp and humidity and make sure pipes dont freeze...i still like it cool in the house.

so that was my black friday adventure...i didnt have to fight for the mulch or the faucet or anything

when i got back it was sunny so i mulched 3 beds from the wheel chair and then visited with niegbors...i moved around and did the PT exercises 3 times so it kinda was exercise

ive been thinking about sneaking 40 bucks from the food money for a massage...i really hurt...but i do think it is part of getting better with the PT. everything is moving around. my SI is out and i am really crooked but they are only allowed to work on my shoulder.

i have to go back and read kams post...

[ 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i freak when etta gets loose. she really thinks the command "come" means run away and tease me to catch her.

i did find out if i yell "sit" she often does. im glad im in a neighborhood with out many cars.

glad to see you back here kam.. i missed you. im afraid of facebook

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

where arrrrre youuuuu???

i got up earlier than i wanted to cuz the room was full of gas...i sleep about 12 feet from the heater

spent 3-4 hrs waiting for heater guy in the car with etta to keep warm

then had lunch and started to clean up leaves in side yard. it is very small but all the leaves ended up there cuz of the way the wind blows into the fence. after that was done i was on a roll so decided to mow the large front yard that needed it one more time but had no leaves. i was really pooped when done. i took a few breaks. i was in the wheelchair a bit. and it was cold. but i felt so goood doing something physical. my shoulder was ok even tho i had no antiinflams cuz of the crazy morning.

at my doc appt last week i had lost 10 lbs and that is really good for me...hope i can keep it off. helps when i can move.

when i came in i finished making a chic soup i started yesterday and cuddled up to get warm. it has taken awhile.

hope someone else gets here...

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news and bad news,

Survived Black Friday,,,7 hours straight standing there bagging stuff to make the lines go faster.

Our store had 6 hour sale that turned into 7. From about 5 AM till after noon stood there without a break.

They give cashiers a break about every hour. Every time she came back she says"No break yet?"

I just said I have been broke all my life,,,whats new?? I snuck away to the room of rest for 2 minutes once.

Bad news is I missed out on turkey day completely. Everyone "forgot" to invite me this year so didnt even know who what where or when.

And they ask after it was over,,,,how come you didnt show up for turkey and 2 grandkids birthday parties???Really?

And since it turned colder the people upstairs turned there furnace on 24/7 constantly,,,it is 3 feet behind my head as I type,,,squeaking up a storm

Guess I am getting used to it,,,plus turning tv loud doesnt hurt. Nothing like living with Morons,,,,it was excercise time upstairs last nite at 3 AM

Maybe I can get my own house again someday. Management/maintenance isnt even concerned with the toilet upstairs that is open and has to be costing them hundreds of dollars a month in water bills.

AND my hours is getting cut and will get worse in another month. Maybe I should take up cyber plumbing on the net in my spare time!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ugh... sorry kayak.. I've been reading. (My neck has been bad for awhile.) Glad you got the things you needed. I tried ONCE to go out in this town on Black Friday. NEVER again.

I hope kam is going to feel better SOON! Poor thing!!! It's so awful that she gets SO sick.

Don... hubby and I were alone too. We went to eat at the college.. great food, but no one there to talk to except the very nice manager. We know her well and talked to her for a few minutes.

There were only about 12 students there at the time we went.

We ate, then went home and sulked about not being in Texas with our family.

Next year, YOU come HERE and it's our TREAT! [Smile] I can still picture the 4 of us feeding our faces at Golden Corral that time! OH, the good ole days.

[group hug]

Apartment living is rough at times .. if it weren't so danged cold where you are, you could get an RV to live in. I don't ever want to live in one again .. but it is better than having neighbors upstairs!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

kind of able to read some of your posts this am.

kayak...don't tell kayak you are sneaking some of that money for a massage. [Smile]

Don..yes...sounds like time to move. I really don't like living in an apartment but this one is OK.

1st senior complex I have lived in since coming down sick...senior complex seems to work better for me...we all move slow

And it is a new complex so I don't have the problem with noise from my neighbors although some do complain about noises in other units.

You don't have to be a sneior to live here.

Hoping you get a house...that would be better.

Typing with my eyes closed so hoping this makes snse.

Hoping the flare up with the brain is gone.

Goal today is to get some food in me. Not resting esay yet. Concerned the brain flare up will hit again. I sure hope not.

kam
Member # 3410

I did wash a few glasses this am. NO clean glasses in the house so this is good.

Still need to put the away and start the dishwasher...but wtg until I am out of the house as the sound of the dishwahser is too much.

still two loads of dishes in the sinks.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement