LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » An update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An update
Twisted Jon
Member # 31236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twisted Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been a long time since I was last on here but sadly not much has changed. The pain that was in both wrists and hands is now all in the left arm from shoulder to fingertips. Low back was solved as a buldged disk, shaking has been minimal for a year now but still get flu like symptoms from time to time. Doc have discovered bone growths on spine from C-2 to C-6 though not sure if they are causing pain. I want to thank everyone that gave me such help as it really, really did. My wife and I divorced after all though I still get to see my sons every day after school and every other weekend. Other than the pain life seems to have evened out though I still havn't worked in two years and hope like mad to get my disability in April. Not holding my breath but got a disability lawyer to take my case so I must have a shot at getting it.
Thank you all so much again for all the advice, kind words and caring attitudes!

Posts: 98 | From Maytown PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Jon,

I see there are no replies. I'm sure folks care but probably can't read your post. Many can't read more than 3-4 lines without a space break.

I can't do this now but someone else may come along to break up your post - unless you see this first and then you might do that so that more can read and reply.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added some breathing room.

It has been a long time since I was last on here but sadly not much has changed.

The pain that was in both wrists and hands is now all in the left arm from shoulder to fingertips.
Low back was solved as a buldged disk, shaking has been minimal for a year now but still get flu like symptoms from time to time.

Doc have discovered bone growths on spine from C-2 to C-6 though not sure if they are causing pain.

I want to thank everyone that gave me such help as it really, really did.

My wife and I divorced after all though I still get to see my sons every day after school and every other weekend.

Other than the pain life seems to have evened out though I still havn't worked in two years and hope like mad to get my disability in April.

Not holding my breath but got a disability lawyer to take my case so I must have a shot at getting it.

Thank you all so much again for all the advice, kind words and caring attitudes!

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jon-im sorry it has been so hard for you. many of us are going thru this-all at different stages at different times

maybe if you come back regularly you will connect with some and find some answers

maybe you will have something to share that will help us

i have learned to be greatful for whatever positive stuff enters my life. there were times when i thought it was bad and then it got worse so i learned to appreciate anything good going on

do that. enjoy what you can. time with your kids. a book. a tv show. whatever makes you feel good.

and keep trying to find the answer.

i am going to pm you a few resources about things that are new and helping others who were stuck getting well. parasites is one of those things. there is a parasite warrior thread in medical that you might want to check out.

take care.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so good to hear from you, Jon! Very sorry to hear about the divorce. Stuff happens~!

I sure hope you get the disability and can get well. Keep working at it!!

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jon,

Good luck with the disability. It can be done. That will take some stress off of you and then on to the road to recovery for you.

Sorry about the divorce.
Stay tough and keep up the good fight. For your health that is. [Smile]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon, I find the saying "when it rains it pours" so suitable for Lyme victims.

Many of us with Lyme feel that way.

This is a great place to hang out and glean tons of valuable information about Lyme disease and get the emotional support you need.

My LLMD tells me this is not a race and the journey is rather long.

I can attest to that.

I have been sick for decades, diagnosed in Nov 2011, and finally successfully treating it since May of 2012.

It has been a very rocky road, but I didn't die and I have no other choice than to go forward.

I am more than grateful for this site and the lovely/caring people on this forum.

Hang in there, we can get through this together. Blessings

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the divorce. I hope you get your disability.

Just hang in there because people do get better. I wanted to give up so many times; but I just kept pushing forward. Now I am in remission.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twisted Jon:

The pain that was in both wrists and hands is now all in the left arm from shoulder to fingertips.

This sounds like it may be RSD, or reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

I suggest looking into using the SOTA Magnetic Pulser on the painful body parts.

Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields influence cell behavior by inducing electrical changes around and within the cell.
Improved blood supply increases the oxygen pressure, activating and regenerating cells.

Improved calcium transport increases absorption of calcium in bones and improves the quality of cartilage in joints, decreasing pain dramatically.
Acute and even chronic pain -also caused by osteoporosis- may disappear completely.

I have no connection with SOTA, I just think their products work very well.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement