LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need corn, soy, dairy, gluten sugar free food ideas.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need corn, soy, dairy, gluten sugar free food ideas.
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
??
Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meat and vegetables

[Smile]

I'll be back later today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of soups are gluten free and very healing, especially, bone broth from meat or chicken. Add lots of veggies and glten free pasta and you have a great meal.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of all the whole foods that you like and also try some new ones.

Then think of ways to use these foods in recipes such as soups, like Gael mentioned.

Go to the grocery store and spend a lot of time in the fresh produce aisle getting things like fresh sweet potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, etc.

Also, quinoa, and nuts such as almonds and walnuts that are not roasted in oils.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver often talks about the "nothing" diet. Green beans and water, but now you can't hardly trust the green beans or the water!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is organic honey o.k. for salad dressing?
Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RDAY.. not if you have yeast.

use lemon and olive oil

Messa.. I buy organic brazil nuts and walnuts from the health food store. You may find them online too. I use the NOW brand.

I love quinoa and I saute onions, carrots, and celery (all organic) then fix the quinoa in a pan and add to the vegetables. Very delicious and you can even eat it cold on top of a salad. You don't even need salad dressing then!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Most foods at Farmers' Markets.

Get to know garden herbs and all the spices of the world, too. These are life enrichers.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone! These are great suggestions! Now to try and not eat the same thing everyday 😊
Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat this diet with some plain greek yogurt. I know you can't do the yogurt, but here are some things I eat.

Stir fried cabbage and browned hamburger mixed together.

Grilled fish on the BBQ and a salad with lemon juice

Sauteed carrots in olive oil and BBQ hamburger on the grill

Blended cooked cauliflower mixed with browned hamburger

Roasted chicken with green beans that have onions and a bit of bacon cooked with it

Scrambled eggs and whatever veggies I want with it

Homemade guacamole eaten with diagonal sliced carrots

Coconut custard made with coconut milk and eggs, stevia, cinnamon.

Almond butter and celery

Roasted turkey leg with broccoli

Roasted brussel sprouts cooked in olive oil and salt, plus some type of meat

Salmon on the grill with lemon sprinkled on it
and a salad and veggie

Wish others would post meals too. I run out of ideas to rotate so fall in the rut of eating basically the same things.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is quite a list. But it basically is what we have to avoid in our house.

Do you cook from scratch? That is what is needed when we have so many allergies.

When I shop the grocery store I basically stick to the outside isle, the circumference. There you will find fruits, vegetables, meats. The inside isles have all of the allergen rich foods.

So as not to get bored with our meals, I do a lot of perusing online looking at blogs and forums for specific food allergies. Paleo diet blogs tend to be gluten-free, dairy free.

I recently bought Dr. Mark Hyman's new book, The Blood Sugar Solution. His recipes have lots of flavor and easy to make (relatively) and don't have a lot of ingredients that are contaminated with allergens.

I always ask my local library to obtain a cookbook through their inter-library loan program. That way I can look at it before I buy.

When it comes to food allergies it requires a lot of label reading. Recently corn-free has become a little easier and you can actually see "No High Fructose Corn Syrup" right on the label. But you still need to make sure there is no corn starch used in the product.

One of the hardest will be soy. I can find a product that is corn-free, gluten-free but will have soy in it.

This forum has a lot of people who are allergic to corn but also have other allergies. You may find it helpful:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=AvoidingCorn&nav=start&prettyurl=%2FAvoidingCorn&gid=2003906189

It recently split off so here is the new forum: http://avoidingcorn.com/forum/index.php

I find her blog has good recipes and she also has listed other blogs that she likes that are similar. http://www.elanaspantry.com/

Hope this helps,
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Thank you guys! Great information. I also need to gain some weight. I would even settle to be able to maintain my weight.

I am mainly losing weight because I'm sick but the diet makes it worse.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cozy.. tell us more about the cauliflower and hamburger!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement