LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » in need of support

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: in need of support
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all-
I am in need of some support/encouragement today. Herxing so feeling down, sad, lonely. My husband has been great but he is getting tired too. I am trying not to vent to him all the time. Unfortunately, he is my only support right now.

And all of you here, which I am quite thankful for. Any thoughts/words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Thank you

Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you are going thru this. Herxing is horrible and I felt like it wasn't going to stop, but it does. You will get better.

Epsom salt baths were the best help for me.

Hang in there and know there are plenty of us here that understand.

Gentle hugs

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not alone!!! [group hug]

Do you have some things to help you with the herx? Soup, lemon water leafy greens, epson salt baths might ease some of it for you. And I know there are tons of other things- those just help me.

And some funny movies! [Smile]

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well.

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx dogs and cats
Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

And Daynise-I appreciate your kind words. Sorry you are going through all of your mold issues! Sounds just awful.
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's ok! We'll get through it- Just so glad to have a place to vent along the way! uggh!

How long has your herx been going on? I swear last time I herxed I thought it was never going to end- but it finally did after about a week.

I felt really down right afterwards- like a depression hangover after the physical stuff stopped. I need to learn more about herxing. I bet a lot of people feel really down during and after one. I wonder if that's caused by exhaustion or a lack of vitamins or some nutrient we get depleted of...

But hang in there! It will end even though I know it probably doesn't feel like it!!

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying a prayer for you, didogs!!

Try listening to this music station..."positive, encouraging, KLove!"

http://www.klove.com/

Scroll over the heading "Music Room" and then click on "Listen Online".

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Lymetoo said, you are not alone!

[group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

My husband just told me I've been "difficult to take" past few days. Ugh!! I know I have been but really didn't make me feel too good
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've all had those bad days.

Focus on better days to come and not bad days in the past.

I find that keeping a thankful attitude helps as much as possible.

Think of all the things you are thankful for, even little things...try to find the bright side in each circumstance.

When I saw a woman being wheeled out of a restaurant today in a wheelchair, with her ventilator attached to her trach tube to allow her to breathe, and little mobility at all, I remembered how thankful that I am to have the use of my legs, the ability to breathe on my own...etc.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH.. I think that was daynise quoting my thoughts up there, lax mom!! [Wink]

Hang in there, didogs .. it can be rough on us emotionally!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Thank you dekrator-you are right. And I have lots to be thankful for. I have lost my head in this miserable herx. Thanks for taking the time to respond-it means alot
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
OH.. I think that was daynise quoting my thoughts up there, lax mom!! [Wink]

My brain's not working. [dizzy]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by didogs:
My husband just told me I've been "difficult to take" past few days. Ugh!! I know I have been but really didn't make me feel too good

Sometimes they really say the wrong things!.I'm sorry you archiving such a rough time. I have been there and know how awful it can be. During one of my worst herxes We were due to meet our son for lunch and then attend a musical performance he assume at college.

I managed to keep it together during lunch but once the lights dimmed and the music started the tears just began to flow. I sat there in the dark crying and cried the whole way home. That was Tucson and doctor. I knew then I needed to get off them.

If the herx is too much you do not need to suffer. There are alternatives.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are going through a herx. I haven't had a true, hardcore herx in years. I've had a yeast type herx, but that's different, not as intense.

I remember the first time I experienced a herx and I realized why they call it "the dreaded beast." I was alone that night and scared, too. What got me though it was prayer.

It is probably hard for your hubby to understand unless he's been through it too. Hopefully you won't have to deal with this much longer and hopefully it will let up soon.

If you have access to "youtube" or a satellite on your tv, maybe playing some relaxing meditative music in the background might help. Just do anything you can to avoid stress. Drink lots of lemon water. Adding lemon to the water really does help get the toxins out faster.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. It's hard to remember how bad the herx was if you're not in the midst of one, but just know that you will "get to the other side."

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Thanks all for your support. I have had some hard herxes before but these bartonella herxes-wow!!

I am trying to look toward the "other side" because I know I am hitting something big. And I know it has to break soon. It is just hellish when in it.

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to read you are having s tough time.

As you know, treating these infections can be a rough, bumpy road.

Our DD has Lyme and Co and some days her moods, etc are so difficult to take.

I try and think that it is her illness talking and not her. If she was feeling okay, she would be different.

Bart is rough. How far into treatment are you?

Better days are coming. Hang in there!!!

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

hi Jane
I am 15 months in-treated lyme and babs. Had to ramp up very slowly on rifampin. Finally am at full dose. This is day 7 of full dose rifampin and mino. I knew the week would be tough but wow! I really don't want to back down on dose now cause I feel like it has to break at some point.

And while I have head pressure, I feel things happening in my head. Praying it is hitting migraines/pressure.

How is your daughter?

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Rifampin really made a positive difference for our daughter.

I feel our Dd still needs to treat Bart.

Hope you get relief soon.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iwouldratherbeatdisney
Member # 20602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iwouldratherbeatdisney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This too shall pass. Have hope that this will be but for a short time. There were many times that I wanted to give up and I am so glad I didn't. I don't think I would have feeling as good as I do. Granted I am not 100 percent but much better than I was and I have had Lyme for 10yrs plus. Hang in there!
Posts: 64 | From Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoughts and prayers sent your way. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement