LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Medical Questions.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hello again

Author Topic: Hello again
BleedGreen
Member # 33468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BleedGreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,

I'm back, not sure if anyone here now remembers me. I was posting for a few months toward the end of my lyme treatment.

I had a series of major life events such as moving and drastically increasing my workload (20+ hrs of overtime) so I just kind of lost touch.

About two months after stopping abx I had another tick on my leg, got it off within a few hours.

Within a couple of months I started to have some serious visual problems:

Visual Snow, Floaters, Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon, Palinopsia

Of course no eye doc or nuero eye doc could say what was wrong.

Had another surgery, this time they used the corisone injection and I feel worse than I did the first time around.

I tested negative for lyme on the western blot and all, but my doc said that it's probably due to the cortisone shot.

Have low cd8/cd57 and low igg subclasses 2 and 4 with low immunogloben.

I was just curious if anyone else had similar vision problems or issues with the low igg levels. I've been searching and have found forums with those with the visual disturbances but not much about the igg levels.

So far I'm on 100mg Minocycline 2x day to see if I" herx and go from there.

Sorry again for my absence, this time around I will stay in touch! (even if only every so often)

Thank you all for reading and I hope that you are doing well with your journey to beat this affliction. I do have extensive experience with lyme, so if any new members have any questions feel free to pm me.

Posts: 80 | From US | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI BleedGreen!! Welcome back!! [Smile]

What a shame they gave you a cortisone shot!! Oh my.

I'll move this to Medical Questions where you will get more feedback!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement