LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » GOD THOUGHT ___May 10___

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOD THOUGHT ___May 10___
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a great song for you today!!

Chris Tomlin: "I Will Follow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohvhmGSfxI

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you thinking about God today?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yepper, I am thinking about God today...how wonderful, powerful, loving, and forgiving He is!!

I love that song by Chris Tomlin...and just about anything that is played on KLove.

With Mother's Day being tomorrow, I am also thinking about Mary.

I am so thankful that she accepted God's call on her life.

Luke 1:26-38

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,

27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary.

28 The angel went to her and said, ``Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.''

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.

30 But the angel said to her, ``Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.

31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.

32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,

33 and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.''

34 ``How will this be,'' Mary asked the angel, ``since I am a virgin?''

35 The angel answered, ``The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month.

37 For no word from God will ever fail.''

38 ``I am the Lord's servant,'' Mary answered. ``May your word to me be fulfilled.'' Then the angel left her.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point! I never thought about Mary on Mother's day. It just goes to show how important God thinks mother's are.
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris Tomlin is good. Like that song Lymetoo.
Dekrator, that is beautiful for Mother's day.

Helplessness is really dragging me down. [Frown] An oldie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNrVed6dP6s

Leaning on
Psalm 34:7

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Hebrews 4:16

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 Peter 5:6-9

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I've been having some rough days lately and today after choir as we were going to eat out, I saw this verse on the back of a truck window:

``Be still, and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10

It was displayed big and bold! Thank you, God! [Smile]

It is a verse I have on my wall and a favorite of my husband's grandmother. She's been gone awhile so it made me think of her today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I would pop in before I forgot my pass word. [Big Grin]

Pocono...your song brought a tear to my eye. Lord Jesus is with you and hears your cry. Patience dear, in His time. May you receive peace as you wait patiently for His answer to your call. May Lord Jesus give you mercy and understanding. Hugs, dear one.

Where would we be without Godly mothers? Moses had two, a biological and an adopted mom. Each gave her best. There was Naomi. Ruth was not her child, but Naomi interrupted her own grief to share her hard-won wisdom until Ruth could become a mother herself.

There's Mary, Jesus' mother. In her defining moment, she responded to the angel, "Let it be unto me, according to thy word." No wonder at her son's defining moment He echoes that phrase, "Not my will, but thy will be done." Thank God for mothers who enfold children and grandchildren and other people's children in love, wisdom and the life-sustaining stories of God's grace.

Thank God for those mothers "we love but see no longer," mothers who live with God now, and as Lord Jesus watches over us from heaven's balcony may He offers us peace as we miss our beloved mothers.

To all the mothers, we your children "...rise and call you blessed." Proverbs 31:28

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the verses on Mary, Dekrator!

Pocono... Jim Reeves was a great singer! Love that song too!

The verse about "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" is in our bulletin every week. I'll print it out tomorrow here. I forget how it's worded. I think it's in our closing. A good reminder!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lymetoo... It warms my heart when I see or hear God being present in one's life. Especially young people.

It seems when we're down, something happens to bring us back up. No coincidence!!!

MDW...You are that happening for me. I haven't seen you in quite a while and have missed your posts. And here you are!

You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
I needed the reminder that Jesus is with me. He's taught me patience but I am so tired, weak and worn.

I really needed the hugs. [group hug]
umm If you use your password more often, you're less likely to forget it. [Big Grin]

I didn't think of Moses' two mothers, nor put Ruth and Naomi into that perspective either. Both are great examples.

I had a card that I kept at my computer that said "When you're down, Look UP" I sent it to an old friend in an attempt to encourage her.

Good night my brothers and sisters in Christ.
God bless you all.

Will be looking for your print out tomorrow Lymetoo.

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe Pocono, you bless me with your warmth and gentle words. I to have missed my God Thought family. I posted a wee on FB this day and thought I would share with you, dear one.

I sometimes think hope is a very misunderstood virtue. Many people think you should have hope because, even when things get real bad, God can make them better. I actually don't think this is what hope is all about.

I believe that God is aways with us - with us in suffering, darkness, pain, loss and death. I have hope, not because somehow God might take away all the death and pain. No, I have hope because God abides with us even in the times of our greatest darkness and deepest loneliness. I have hope because I know, come what may, I am never abandoned by the God in whom we live and move and have our being.

If I find when I am walking along the path and view a dried up tree standing - even if only one branch is dead, I smile and whisper to it, "God is with you." Let's call it the tree of hope.

Isaiah: 41
When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst,I the Lord will answer them. I will make the wilderness a pool of water,and the dry land springs of water.

Pocono, as Lymetoo posted... "Be still and know that He is God." There is no such thing as helplessness when we reach our arms out to Him, Lord Jesus' arm is much longer than ours and will meet you way past the half way mark. [Wink] You rest well and may tomorrow be brighter for you as you have a healing rest this night, May Lord Jesus comfort you with His almighty blanket of love.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet God Tho't Posters >>>>>,

Mom's are so very important, mine took the Lord's Hand and followed Him thru the gates to Heaven on May 10th, 2008.

She was a praying woman who lead me to the Lord when I was still a young child. And I had praying grandmothers as well !!!

I love the tho'ts about Mary,and about both Moses mothers as well.

TxC' and I pray each night for our nieces and nephews, and grandnieces and grand nephews as well. It is a privilege!!!

The songs are beautiful,thanks for posting the links!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

My dad .. May 5, 1993

My mom .. Dec. 18, 2005

I was blessed to have had them! That is for sure!

Keep up that praying for your family. It will pay off!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Silverwolf... My mum was not a praying woman, but my grandmum was. I think she must have prayed for me in all her living years. My mum passed away March 25th of this year and is in heaven with the Lord. She accepted Jesus during the time that I spent caring for her. One day I will see her once again. My sister went to Missouri to spend time with her for Mother's Day, as it is her first and my first year of not being able to hear her voice and feel her smile as we did not forget her special day.
My sister did post a poster on FB before she left and it read something like this:

The hardest thing in life to bear is to want your mom and she is not there. So forgive me Lord if we still weep for a mom we love and long to keep. The sorrow we feel I cannot explain....etc. etc. etc.

If not for Daisy, Payne, Lymetoo, and Dekrator...I would not be in the Spirit as I am today. The supportive love of brothers and sisters in Christ and the grace and love of Jesus is a beautiful blessing to receive.

Good night my dear family. [group hug]

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

MDW... When reading what you wrote on fb, Daniel in the lion's den came to mind and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace.

This song also came to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRn7gpxUSg4

Jesus did hear my cries as I'm feeling more at peace today. Thank you Jesus.

MDW.. Your loss was so recent. Knowing we'll be with our loved ones is such comfort. So wonderful she accepted Jesus!
Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

My dad died when I was a kid. 1978.
My mom died last April.

Lymetoo's post "Be still and know that He is God" did sink in. Finally! [Smile] One of the services I watch/listen to daily has this monthly theme. Keep Calm and Carry On.

Being homebound, I am blessed to have all of you to share the Word of God. Have a blessed day brothers and sisters while remembering all mothers.

On earth and those in heaven with our Father.

We trust in Jesus for eternity, we must trust Him for today...

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am blessed by all that my God Thought Friends shared.

I am so thankful for all of you dear friends.

Someday we will all be together in Heaven and we will have lots to talk about in person....no typing required!

Another beautiful song..."Let My Words Be Few" by Phillips, Craig & Dean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzIHEiknjqI

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Philipians 2:1-2

1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,

2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Philipians 3:13-14

13 "...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Philipians 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Mary, Mother of Our Savior..
We saw what the cross did with Jesus..
did we think of what Mary felt,
How Crushing,
Her heart must have all but burst...
then to see the Stone Moved,
Her Son riseing to the Word..
Mary must have felt my son,
My Son the SAVIOR....THE KING of kings !
Mary has always held a special place in my faith,
actually calling on Her.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
been alittle on the quiet side.
I am so
""filled with JOY""
from all your post above, may Our Father art in Heaven bring gifts to each and everyone of you 10 fold...all praises to GOD.
I see my lyme MD at 8am first time this year...
I just want to pray with HIM the whole visit...
God is such a Joy in OUR LIVES..
Look FORWARD .. and God first in all things..

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Payne.. I was going to begin a new thread this week... would you please repost those when I get it up? Thanks!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement