LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Gotta Love Comment #4 in the Reply Section of this Article

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta Love Comment #4 in the Reply Section of this Article
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that person ever experienced symptoms from Lyme? See comment #4 in the reply section.

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/theres-tick-boom-michigan-here-are-5-things-you-should-know#.UbaE04xzA7n.facebook

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doctors STILL insist it doesn't exist. WTH is wrong?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked, a doctor about livestock, birds and cats and dogs getting Lyme Disease... sure, he agreed and in michigan... then, i asked about treating and test me for lyme, he said, it dosen't exsist in michigan..
what " oh, dogs can go to the vet, and get prescription meds through a pet care ins..
and now if your on food stamps and your aninmal needs treatment, you can get 6 mos of food stamps to care for a dog..
days I wish I was a dog,
our goverment needs to ask all md's do you know about lyme, and if they so no, they should be restricted from their lic. until they have been to a non CDC lyme program.
oh, I am always ""BARKING up the wrong tree""

Sorry, if I step on few toes friends, I agree with 55...
i will do some research on what I noted above and reply.. [spinning smile] [hi]

[ 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: payne ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edessajarrue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edessajarrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Payne:

Did I read this right?

"now if your on food stamps and your aninmal needs treatment, you can get 6 mos of food stamps to care for a dog.."

Or is that tongute in cheek statement?

I agree, it's not fair that the pets can get better care than humans can. We love them like family members, but if we aren't treated for wellness, it becomes really hard to properly care for a pet as well!

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 138 | From Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Doctors STILL insist it doesn't exist. WTH is wrong?

Disinformation and misinformation!!! It's not going to change because it's purposely done! Just don't get too worked up about it.

Things are ultimately changing around the world, it's gonna be the survival of the fittest basically.

I warned the people I know, if they did't taken into perspective, oh well. I've had people I've talk to about Lyme suggest it's a genetic thing in my family because a few of my members have had it in Michigan. All I can say is just save the ones you can! Many people live in a bubble, when you mention a disease like this, first thing they want to do is always downplay it. It's just the way people are.

But I theorized these following years Michigan's gonna be really bad for Lyme, it's turning out to be that way. I mean the states between MI have been hit the hardest. Makes sense that the tick population going to explode the next few years.

Everyone I know that takes a trip in rural areas, is coming back with ticks or tick stories.

I don't want to be too negative. We gotta have hope and fight the misinformed any chance we get. It could make just that difference for one person!!!

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp.. This one???

"Ffejtball?"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time ever saw warning about ticks on TV, channel 4 Detroit news. Wow!!!

But it was just on ticks and the meat allergy. Not much on Lyme, I found the article and commented
http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifestyle/health/tick-bites-could-keep-you-from-eating-red-meat-again/-/2300442/20538332/-/1176463/-/index.html

I guess the local news is starting catch on about the tick population booming.

Scary sh!t about the meat allergy, if I got that I probably wouldn't be able to eat any food. Already allergic to dairy and gluten.

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2013/05/food-stamps-for-pets/

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

http://www.2ndchance.info/lyme.htm

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

[hi] [lol] lymetoo..."Ffejtball?" =
Your search did not return any results.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said the 4th poster down and I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right one!! The 4th one is called "Ffejball." Weird, huh?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by payne:

-
No wonder this country is broke!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Atta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love the comments by people who say not to worry and claim that it's not common to get Lyme even when you've been bitten by a tick.

And the people who call it Lyme's.

This year is the most press I've ever seen MI give Lyme. And, sadly, many stories of infection to follow.

--------------------
Just a catepillar, full of imaginal buds.

Posts: 143 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by payne:

-
No wonder this country is broke!

This is not a government program. It is a nonprofit and gets its money from donors, according to the link in the article.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement