LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Wormser's free lyme clinic HAHAHAHAHA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wormser's free lyme clinic HAHAHAHAHA
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can't sell it, will he be able to give it away?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/health&id=9143455

Will he actually diagnose lyme or undiagnose it?

For new people here, this guy is chief architect of the IDSA guidelines that recommend lousy tests that fail to find lyme frequently, and that will undertreat almost everyone. If they actually admit anyone has lyme, which is questionable.

Lymed people in the know voted with their feet. LLMDs have tens of thousands of patients. What does Wormser have? Only the ones who haven't been educated about lyme politics.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're getting desperate, huh? I wish REAL clinics had tick/Lyme screening!

When the person continues to be ill (has coinfections!!!) they will be dismissed.

-

"Ticks found and removed within 24 hours do not spread the illness."

Sure, right.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worm is a MOron.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same guy who said placebo was more effective than antibiotics.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He will be judged...I just wish I could be there to see it when that time comes.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the "biopsy" they did? Is there a test from the skin?
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes a skin biopsy can be used in diagnosis -- but it is not a common test.

This clinic just perpetuates the worms theories that everyone gets the rash.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sick.

[ 06-27-2013, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droid, so hard to believe an "expert" like him could state that a placebo was more effective than abx for the chronic, persistent infection he and his ilk know Lyme Disease is.

Bea, are you saying there is a skin biopsy test for Lyme/cos?

Faithful, I'd like to be watching that day myself. Who knows? We all might just end up with front row seats.

kayak, can I tell you just how much I appreciate your efforts??

The only thing I know for sure is that the truth always comes out in the wash.

Right inevitably prevails over wrong, and good always overcomes evil. It's just a matter of time.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a WORM he is! FREE service my bee hind! He is using those people to help get him free samples for his STUPID study! Then he will use what he gets from them against all of us!

He has sucked down at least $900,000 tax payers dollars for this ONE study alone to try to prove we aren't any sicker than the general population after getting Lyme and being treated.

QUOTE- "To answer this fundamental question, we propose to conduct the first prospective, controlled longitudinal cohort study in the United States in which subjects with and without Lyme disease are carefully evaluated in a similar manner for a full year.

This study will also be the first to be able to determine the incidence of post-Lyme disease syndrome (PLDS) and the associated medical complications and economic costs. We will also obtain a blood sample from such patients to be shared with other investigators for future research on possible biomarkers associated with PLDS.

Finally, in a different cohort of patients, we will describe for the first time the outcome of culture-confirmed patients with early Lyme disease more than 10 years after diagnosis and treatment."

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=8331212&icde=5317303

Here are your tax dollars being wasted.

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_history.cfm?aid=8063303&icde=5317303

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I didn't realize we now even have our own little acronym: PLDS Are we all collectively cute or what ?!?

Shhh....don't tell anyone but a lot of us are actually very smart. In fact, a good many here have been reading through the lines for years.

And more than a few have dared posting actual truths.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree this is no good for people sick with lyme ,
it will be used in the wrong way .

Me personally , 2015 is going to be a bad year or start of a bad year for for lyme patients and possibly for LLMD,

IDSA offers a free, online course to help physicians, nurses, and other clinicians recognize, diagnose, and treat Lyme Disease. The course was supported by an educational grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://lymecourse.idsociety.org/

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The study is flawed from the start because there is no accurate test for Lyme disease or other tick borne illnesses. Only a minority of people see a rash. The rest get sick and slowly go chronic but believe they have something else.

So if he is collecting samples from people he says are uninfected, especially in NY/NJ/CT area, that just may be completely false.

Collecting data for 10 years is a waste too because again the so called uninfected can become so without even knowing it as again there is NO TEST.

So the question is why doesn't our government put it's money into developing accurate tests for tick borne infections??

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly a million dollars to this jerk? I feel sick.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My insurance company cited his work specifically when they denied further treatment beyond 4 weeks.

We pay him to screw us.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's awful. He's such a WORM!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess he'll RX antidepressants instead of antibiotics.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Here are some antidepressants, pain killers, benzos, neurontin, steroids and four different stomach meds. I don't know what is wrong with you but that should help.
beaches
Member # 38251

"I don't what is wrong with you, but I know it isn't Lyme Disease." That's IDSA-speak. If you don't know the CAUSE of an illness how can you rule out Lyme Disease?

And to someone else's point, HOW DO YOU RULE OUT LYME DISEASE WHEN THE TESTING IS UNRELIABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that the logic is flawed here, big time. What a waste of OUR tax money, which could be better put to use in so many other ways to help sick people.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by droid1226:
My insurance company cited his work specifically when they denied further treatment beyond 4 weeks.

We pay him to screw us.

Yup, mine, too.

This guy, and the other guideline authors, knows the truth perfectly well, BTW. They are just after their own bottom line. And millions of people's lives and health be d#**#d.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Wormser is quoted in this week's New Yorker article, see PAGE FOUR, second-to-last paragraph & last paragraph.

And, by the way, he is very wrong about this. The article author also has many serious errors.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/07/01/130701fa_fact_specter?utm_source=Last+Sapi+appeal&utm_campaign=New+Yorker&utm_medium=email

The New Yorker, Annals of Medicine

THE LYME WARS

The Lyme-disease infection rate is growing. So is the battle over how to treat it.

- by Michael Specter - July 1, 2013

No "reader comment" feature

http://www.newyorker.com/contact/contactus

Contact The New Yorker

-------------------------------

http://www.npr.org/2013/06/26/195223507/the-lyme-wars-that-tiny-ticks-have-wrought

NPR "Fresh Air" Interview with Michael Specter - June 26, 2013

'The Lyme Wars' That Tiny Ticks Have Wrought

Read Interview Text - or Listen to 37-minute interview

See "Reader Comments" - Link to right of text
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Pulling that quote out for easy reading, see PAGE FOUR, second-to-last and last paragraph:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/07/01/130701fa_fact_specter?utm_source=Last+Sapi+appeal&utm_campaign=New+Yorker&utm_medium=email

Excerpt from p. 4:

. . . None of these studies have swayed Gary Wormser, the chief of the division of infectious diseases at New York Medical College, and the lead author of the often criticized Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines for Lyme.

He says that, in the absence of new data, doctors should continue to treat Lyme with courses of oral antibiotics that generally take no more than thirty days.

``Right now, in the published literature, there is no evidence of persistence in humans, and if there were I would say, `So what?' '' he told me recently.

``You would have to show me that the spirochetes continue to produce disease and you would have to show me that they would respond to antibiotics.'' . . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement