LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Shoulder jerks. Question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shoulder jerks. Question.
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it indicate Lyme, Babs, Ehrlichiosis, or Bart, or something else when my shoulders jerk?

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
These "myoclonic" jerks (which could also have some elements of "tonic" spasms) could be from any of these infections, or the combination. And from the toxicity of it all.

Magnesium is the number one helper, though, until you can talk to your doctor about this.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM LINKS sets

Pulling out just a few of the posts from that fuller set:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1725934/

The role of magnesium in the emergency department

http://magnesiumforlife.com/medical-application/magnesium-in-neurological-diseases-and-emotions/

Magnesium in Neurological Diseases

---------------------

Magnesium can help address - and lower - the toxicity from lyme & co. However you also need a good basic liver support plan to help reduce the toxic load that can cause all kinds of myoclonic or tonic reactions (when muscles jerk &/or freeze, or spasm).

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Ultimately, of course, the infection cause will need to be addressed. Support is vital - and always required (IMO) but not enough.

It's not clear from your posting history if you are seeing a LLMD or LL ND - not clear that you are getting a proper treatment protocol as that would entail a combination approach.

You have posted that you currently take: Clarithromycin.

Nothing else was listed so I just wonder if all the bases are being covered with a good LL doctor.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that valuable information.

I just started Plaquenil in combination with Clarithromycin. Currently I'm seeing an LLND. I believe I've been infected since at least 2006 or earlier or 2007 at the latest. I started having serious cognitive and physical issues in 2009. I've seen 45+ doctors who chased all the symptoms and have been through the whole psychogenic accusations nightmare. It's been quite a relief to find one who understands. I was burned out mentally and emotionally on educating myself and dealing with doctors between Maine and Boston and tests, due to the many 'diseases' the doctors have chased. I was finally diagnosed with MS and three doctors thought I should be evaluated for Myasthenia Gravis. I was on IV and injected steroids. In addition I was put on Betaseron injections every other day for MS to dampen the immune system. Given a hospital bed for life, and in a wheelchair when I had the strength to move about in it. I was given full time home care since, for awhile I couldn't bathe or toilet myself and also given in-home physical therapy. Was told there was no guarantee it wasn't ALS. I've had over 400 tests that turned up nothing except neuropathy, a lesion on my brain, long QT intervals, genetic predisposition of a Mitachondrial dysfunction--though not diagnosed with a Mito disease, dry eyes, allodynia, central sleep apnea and FINALLY lyme from IGNEX. (I have not had the single fiber emg for Myasthenia. At this point I'm starting to believe the positive genetic Mito test is also probably a result of the Lyme).

I've had a break and I'm finally ready to pick up the ball and get involved in the real diagnoses which came in April 2013. As yet, I know so little but am trying to educate myself before I settle on a practitioner. I am out of the wheelchair for now and no longer receive in-home care. Friends say I look so much better but I'm suffering inside physically and emotionally. Overwhelmed with the enormity of information needed, the responsibility of thinking for myself in the cognitively challenged state and the amount of conflicting information out there and the possibility of not getting well without continued use of antibiotics given my steroid past, and the desparation that the political upheaval around Lyme brings. It's better than ALS which is almost certain death. A doctor in Boston decided I did not have MS but told me to learn to live with what I have left since they may never know what I have. I'm not sure, at this point, if it will be any better than MS unless I can get healed. I can bath and toilet myself and walk about without a cane now but am fearful of herxing since I really feel I was close to death in 2009 and 2010. I am grateful to the LLND that has treated me so far.

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement