LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Prayers please for my brother?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prayers please for my brother?
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 2 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't have lyme, but felt numbness all weekend in his hands, arms and legs (not trunk). They did bunch of workups and found he has a blood clot in his brain. Giving him meds so far to see if it dissolves.

I just lost my oldest brother 2 years ago (I have 4 still living out of 6). I can't lose this one too. He is my closest in age and heart, not just a brother but good friend too....please if you can take a moment and offer prayers up, he is a very spiritual person and trusts God to help docs help him.

This is the guy who never questioned that I was sick and would console me while cheering me up on worst days. He's also paid some of my medical bills when my insurance terminated.

Maybe a lot of prayers would get him on fast track to the God he trusts? [Frown]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will send up a prayer for you and your brother.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending lots of prayers!
Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers sent!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all so much for your prayers and kindness. It turns out it was a stroke and he's being treated. So far, his physical and mental capabilities have not been affected.

I got to see him last night...the best gift I could have received was to see him walk through the front door. [kiss]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking about him a lot. Hope all keeps going well

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be praying for him too!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how is he???? oh-walk thru the front door means he was released>>>is home?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, he's home recovering. I answered in a bit more detail on your thread asking about him.

You guys rock my world......with all everyone has to deal with on their own, thinking of and praying for someone you don't know is an amazing thing to experience.

I do believe the prayers helped him in this crisis. I'm going to show him this thread so he can see the caliber of people I hang out with every day. :-)

You are all wonderful and caring. If karma is real, then all have some wonderful things coming your way for your thoughtfulness. I know that I'll never forget it or be able to repay your kindnesses.

Blessings two-fold to the most caring people in the world. [group hug]

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear. Hope he's up and about in no time. Hugs to both of you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God your brother is up and walking!

I will continue to pray for,his healing and also for the doctors to put him on something safe so he doesn't have any blood clots or future strokes.

My prayers are with you and your family. Enjoy this time with your brother who you are close to in heart. [Smile] . He's got a great loving sister.

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad he is better!! I would hate to lose either of my brothers!!

I'll keep him in my prayers. He must be a wonderful guy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

He is a wonderful guy w/a wonderful wife. Together, they are my twin pillars and guideposts to what's really important in life. thanks all!

With them, and my husband who is my rock, in my life, I am a lucky woman. [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement