LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » good luck lpkayak

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: good luck lpkayak
gonzo
Member # 41410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lp everything will be great Friday.let us know as soon as you can......feel good kid. [Smile]
Posts: 47 | From new england | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lp: [group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck!! [Smile]

Hope you feel better.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lp, one day at a time. Oh and take on one thing at a time. You've got too much on you plate and it's stressed you out.

Not good for the immune system, my dear. Take care of you.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs!!!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love you, Ms Kayak! We will be praying for you and we will all be holding your hand as they take you away for surgery.

Keep your heart on God and on us. We will be there with you. I pray the surgery is a complete success and that the pain will be less than you thought it would be.

May Jesus keep you in his care and may He give you strength.

[group hug] [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you tomorrow, LP! Yes, one thing at a time. May you have the best possible outcome! And remember: they can't discharge you if you're feeling dizzy and faint.

[group hug] [hi]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be thinking of you all day and waiting to hear how you are doing. You are very strong and I am praying for you. [group hug]
Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow u guys. i was just thinking i still have so much to do i shouldnt go on but i will give myself a little treat.

it has been horrible tstorms here all day and at noon i took the dog...ms etta james...9lbs of fluff to the kennel...and she is afraid of thunder. she has a nice little room with a toddler bed and soft blankets plus her own bed and my dirty night-gown and her tennis ball and her snake she likes to kill...and a tv on animal planet and water and food at will and her potty pad...and friends and daycare...but all day there has been terrible thunder-so i know she didnt play much and she must be so scared...she does have a window too...which is good...at her height...but ohhh it is so hard to leave her.

my leg is so bad. i had to stop fish oil and curcumin 9 days ago and ibu 3 days ago and i cannot believe the pain. i really think it is fractured in 3 places. but at least there is no doubt that this needs to be done

i still need to pack for hospital(3 days ) and rehab(? days)

i did get a special call from a nurse today because of my "special circumstances" mainly being wc bound and having severe problems with both arms and legs so tranferring is a problem.

i felt much better after talking to her. she was not a robot like the one that signed me in last fri and said i would go home in 3 days no matter what.

so im pretty relaxed about going-i really need it. maybe it will be easier doing only one at a time.

but u guys...this thread has me crying...tears of joy i guess for all of you.

my oldest son has been keeping in touch with me but the other 3 have not said a word in awhile. i know they are busy and i know they are doing important things...they launched! yea! i just didnt think it meant we wouldn talk or ever see each other

so LN has for sure become my family and #1 support system ... i printed out the banner of happy birthday wishes from you and have that on the wall still(did not get one b'day or mothers day card from kids) and im gonna print this thread out too.

im behind in packing and cleaning cuz i got lost in old pics and making collages...if they wont come to talk about the past and my memory wont remember i can look at the pics and it helps

i have pics of the westchester protest and of the riding / swimming camp i ran at my house for 5 years and pics of my inner city kindergartners and all the kids weddings and a pic of the day i rode for the first time after my knees were replaced...i rode 3 months to the day after surg...and pics of me and kris(my schnauzer who's gone now) in the kayak off maine...and more...

i did do something with my life even tho i have had this stupid disease for 1/2 of it. im 64. got it at 32.

thank you again...i will be thinking of you and working hard in PT to get back

love right back at all of you. kayak

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropologista:

May you have the best possible outcome! And remember: they can't discharge you if you're feeling dizzy and faint.

-
Very true, I would imagine! [Big Grin]

Take care, kayak!! Etta will be fine. I'm sure of it. And so will you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes, I am so happy you will finally be having surgery! It is such a joy to see so many people here supporting you! I will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for your speedy recovery! Hugs!

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be praying for you.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time is your sugery tomorrow?...I use to live in Hillsborough/Deering NH...so I kinda know your neck of the woods [Smile]
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

All I know is .. EARLY. I hope to hear from her son tomorrow after the surgery. Will keep everyone posted.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs, kayak. You spent most of your life doing a great job for your kids (a thankless job if there ever was one). Not to mention that your involvement with this DD goes back DECADES.

Sending the best of everything to you....but most importantly prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery from this most recent surgical procedure.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to be there at 6. i just had my special shower. i lied down for 1 1/2 hours but couldnt sleep. and then it was too late to take anything. i checked with the taxi lady and she will be here in the newest car...its raining still but not storming...40 min ride...thank you all for everything this time and all the other times even when i am a b----

im gonna print this all out now so it is hanging on the wall when i come back and the hard work of PT starts

see ya soon

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP--You are already at the hospital as I write this, but I am praying for you and will do so throughout the day.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending good vibes to kayak!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Ditto what hiker said.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Praying for a successful surgery this morning. I hope it is going well.

Thank you, Lord, for healing LP!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to pictures .....I know it sounds weird.

but, it is reassuring to see pics of you and know you are OK even if you are in the hospital.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you lp. God be with you and give you strength and take away pain.

God bless you. You are loved. [group hug]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I haven't heard from her son yet. I know the surgery may take a long time. I will call him in another hour or so if I do not hear from him.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx tutu
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just heard from her son. She is out of surgery and still in recovery. Things went very smoothly and now comes the hard work!

Yippeee that she is OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Thanks.
Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonzo
Member # 41410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks lymetoo, great news, cant wait to see her post again
Posts: 47 | From new england | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Ah...hooping all goes as smoothly
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God!

[group hug]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad things went well. Sending up prayers for a full recovery. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Continued prayers for sure.
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Thanks for keeping us posted tutu. Still sending good vibes Kayak.
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx LT for relaying the good news...hopefully she will have the help she needs when she gets back home.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update TuTu!

Hope all goes well for Kayak's recovery.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

So far, so good. Her son called me but my phone was down. He said kayak wanted me to know that a few things she had texted me about were OK now and she didn't want me to worry.

That is all I know. Keep praying for her to be taken care of!

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you, and hoping your recovery will be swift!

-

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that picture, Carol! You find the nicest images.

Also wishing you all the best in your healing, Kayak!

Reading above that you got Lymed 32 years ago, so did I - we're twins!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God all is going well. Continued prayers for lpkayak.

Nice pic Carol.

Kayak, you are strong. We have faith that you will get through this.
Thanks for the updates Lymetoo.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Hoping things are going well and the hospital food doesn't totally suck!
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonzo
Member # 41410

Lymetoo thanks for the updates,, with all this support she will get better soon.its great to see all her friends come together for her.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'll see if I can text her today. Not sure how long it will take to get a response.

Keep the prayers coming!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP-thinking of you and hoping and praying you are feeling OK and look forward to reading about you being home with Etta safe and sound.

Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Thank you, Lymetoo! Please tell her we're thinking of and praying for her.

LP, I hope you can have a few more days recovery time before going home.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello <<<<< lpkayak >>>>>,

Prayers and hopes for your recovery to go smoothly ... sorry I am late in responding.

Lord touch LP, with your healing love,let her recovery go well,and let her not experience pain or discomfort. In Jesus Name Amen.

Will check back later...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More prayers going up LP!

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Thinking of you kayak. Hope your feeling ok.
momindeep
Member # 7618

Thinking of you today. Hope each day you feel w bit better!
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you hugs and prayers. Hope you are doing ok in your PT. Let us know how you are when you can! [group hug]
Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Maybe I need to call her son. I haven't heard anything from her. Hope she is being taken care of!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

I keep checking daily to see how she is doing so an update would be a good thing.

Hoping no news is good news and she is doing OK.

her phone may need to be recharged when she is doing well enough to do so.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Kayak, we are all pulling for you! A BIG FAT HUG! :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak is in rehab! See her new post!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been awhile since I have logged in.

I hope lp is doing well

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement