LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXECISE: WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? Sept. 29

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXECISE: WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? Sept. 29
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go--a brand new week full of blessings and hope.

I walked today--a good brisk pace, refrained from eating the chips I dearly wanted to eat. So nice out today--great day to sit in the lawn chair outside and exercise my eyeballs with a good book.

I just got new glasses--progressive lenses for trifocals and I cannot yet walk outside in them or walk up and down steps. Anyone else have that problem? I have not had to wear prescription glasses before, so I am having a hard time adjusting.

Hope your week of is off to a great start.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8931 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiker i had the glasses problem. i gave up. im already kinda dizzy. it wasnt worth it to me to add more dizziness.

im gonna go back and cut and paste what i just put on last weeks thread

here it is:

pt eval at home (needed extra pain meds after)

2 sets upper body ex

2 sets lower body ex

walked around drive 5x with rollong walker

finished unpacking(etta and i made a lot of laundry in 2 weeks)

organized a few spaces...bath and hall where i dress

needed a nap in the middle

feel like i need ice and a rest now

i am thinking when i had these knees done the first time-6 yrs ago...i may have had more active lyme cuz this is a whole different experience...this is so much easier

ak-this was revision on right knee that was done 6 yrs ago...left knee needs to be done...but i am thinking of putting it off for awhile

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I will not be so angry Thursday as I will have the funds to get food.

I am in over ride mode this am. Not good.

Took 2 excedrin and put some laundry in. Later thought I really need more help...I will also be in a better mood if things could get done around here.

Tossed a pant set and some pj's as they were thread bare.

Going to send a text to the new neighbor that moved in to see what it would cost to have her come for an hour a month...a little help is better than no help.

Trying to play catch up as I know when the caregiver comes tomorrow she will not be able to get much done in the hour she is here.

Took Rosie out twice in the power chair. Lost count on how many times I let the cat in and out this am and put her cat food out and then back in the bin.

Rosie has learned to get into the corner I put her cat food. I have no idea how she does it as it is blocked with the bed and computer table, etc.

I have seen her actually standing on the bed looking at the cat food.

Wondering if she is able to jump in that small space and get the bowl in her teeth and bring it out to eat??

All I know is I see the bowl by her bed.

Speaking of her bed. One side is torn open now. I kept hoping to get her a new bed or sew the old one.

But, decided this am to use duct tape as waiting for both of the above is not working out.

Ran out of duct tape...just had about 5 inches of it left on the roll.

Hoping I have not made things worse thi sam by trying to over ride what my body and brain are telling me.

After clothes in dryer are done, I plan on going out to the forest and laying on the cot to help with the flare in the brain and attitude.

I have the above sign posted on a clip board outside my hallway door.

I saw it when I came back in an angry mood from going down the hall to wash clothes.

I need to read it myself again.

I am just focusing on the can't do's so far....need to change that.

Hopefully, I will be able to read what you all are up to when health allows.

Thanks for starting the thread this week.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive Rosie out to the forest. Plan for this week is to focus on getting camping equipment ready.

I'd like to find the mallet, stakes and broom to put in tent box. And put paper towels and a spray bottle as I know the inside of the tent floor is very dirty.

I'd like to find something to protect the tent floor from the legs of the cot and just dirt in general.

I plan on going to home depot when able to at least get one of the grass things to put outside of the tent.

Resting now, then planning on getting up and taking more drops of japanese knotwood and getting the ice pack for the brain.

Goal is to be camping this time next week.

kam
Member # 3410

One of those mornings where I really don't like the cat. Hoping she will settle down now. She has been in and out since 5 am. 9 am now.
kam
Member # 3410

had to toss the doggy bed. Able to put it on my lap and take to dumpster...got cover out of washer and dryer and it was thread bare too
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i do know how you feel kam about help and also about anger. i just admitted to tutu in a pm that i just realized i was angry.

i hope i can print out that list...i keep getting ink warnings so not sure if it will work.

i am more on track today...but find i do need naps. i did some exercises and still have more to do. the neighbor came over and moved my truck away from the door so it will be easier to get in and out for my walks.

i didnt see the birds yesterday but got scared by bees trying to nest so came in early.

the weather here has been incredible. perfect fall days.

i tried to do some paperwork when my "getting better" work was done and before i paid 3 bills i was exhausted. it really feels like something dramatic has happened to my brain. i needed a nap and found myself worried i wouldnt wake up again...but i knew i had been weaning off pain meds so there shouldnt be a problem.

its only the 3rd day and in the hosp so much was done for me.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak and Kam...I hope you can work things out! You two have to deal with a lot of problems! Hang in there!!

I'm going to PT tomorrow. Still progressing.. though sometimes a bit slowly!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby's been taking more naps lately.

Last evening while talking with friends we were discussing antioxidants.... I mentioned how one my hubby took made him very tired.

Now we are wondering if he may be getting more antioxidants than he can handle? We are going to give him a 2 day break and see if that eases up the extra tiredness.

Someone gave him Juice Plus to try - it puts him to sleep. In one way extra sleep is healing, but how do you know if its too much?

Posts: 2262 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I know manna. I deal with that and when fatigue is a major sx its hard to fgure out

When i have a pattern of sleep and then it changces quickly i want to figure it out and like u try to see if diet, activity or supps/meds have changed

Im extra sleepy now but iam on strong pain meds and i had a profoind fatigue near the radiation

Good luck. Hope u figure it out

I didnt sleep well. I m a y be going off pain meds too soon. I had to take more in the night-still less than when in hosp

So far i did lower body ex and took the longeast walk so far and ate

Still have a lot to do plus OT

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

finished upper body exercises, took a second walk, and tried to do paperwork for 2nd time but couldnt do it.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for starting this week's thread!

Tuesday-I'm here at work resting from my incredibly busy weekend. We sold over $700 at the yard sale on Sunday. Hurt my back and my Mom put some magnets on it so I'm feeling better.

Have been going and going just like the energizer bunny and boy, am I whooped!

Perked me up to read how everyone's doing their own thing.

When I get off of work will stop at the grocery store for a couple of things and head home for my much missed couch and tv.

Later gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6168 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I exercised my mouth and my patience more than my arms and legs today. Got the hospital bill for my surgery and I knew it was wrong. Called for the itemized version and they had billed me for 3 drugs I never had including the I.V. antibiotic that I refused. I also refused the anti-nausea med and the acetaminophen after surgery. Since it is usually protocol to give all these meds, they don't seem to understand that they need to change the bill.

I did not follow their medical protocol, but they still want me to pay for it.

Now I am trying to get the surgeon to get it all straightened out. We'll see what happens.

Seriously $140 for acetaminophen (Tylenol)??

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8931 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i never even thought of asking to see a surgery bill. i am blessed to have insurance. i keep having surprised with it tho-things change and i dont understand why.

so-still sleepy. PT says it is normal. since i am doing exercises, healing and and taking care of myself.

i feel depressed...like i cant drag myself out of the bed...but i shouldnt be. a lot of things are going right.

i walked halfway down the road today and back. took about 12 minutes i think. did lower body ex then did them again with PT plus learned a bunch of new ones to do standing at sink but i dont have to do them til she comes back. she thinks i will go to PT at the hospital starting next week. a van will pick me up.

i paid 2 bills and called doc office for refill. didnt attemt the hard paperwork-will try again tomorrow.

lost 17 lbs since the 13th. i am very happy but afraid it will just turn around and start going up again for no reason. it never seems like my body gains and loses by the same rules they teach you

im not allowed to do upper body ex until tomorrow with OT cuz rotator started to hurt...hope i can find a good movie. its hard to just sit up here

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday-2 loads of laundry, pedi/mani and root touch-up.

Hiker-OMG, that bill was ridiculous! Surely they can't charge you for things you didn't have! [Mad]

Kayak-You must be doing great. Was glad to read that you're up and walking. Hope you find a good movie to watch. [Smile]

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6168 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warning... Hospitals do that ALL the time. Ask for itemized bills!

I was charged $30 for lip balm once!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

all this health care money stuff is such bs-something just happened to me but i am too tired to write about it

they keep taking txes -money from us we could use to take care of ourselves and then they basically throw it away and dont help anyone-it makes me sick

i guess i over did a little yesterday---that is my MO...i couldnt sleep cuz of pain and had trouble getting up and out of bed...i ate and fed the dog and put sweats on and just went out for a really slow walk with the walker and then sat in back yard with dog for another 20 min

i just could not face the pain when i first woke up OT came and changed a few exercises so my old rotator cuff thing wont get worse. she agreed i should go slow on the lower body stuff also till i felt better.

took a nap after that and now trying to see if i am brave enough to face paperwork...but i dont think i am.

i think i am going to find another movie i saved on tv. and do one set of lower body later and one more slow walk before bed

take care all

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Vacuumed, dusted and wiped down the bathrooms. Getting ready for the weekend. Have to work 1-7 tomorrow and Saturday 9-6.

Then off to my Mom's for more organizing and getting things ready for another yard sale. This Sunday it's going to rain so we're not having one.

Wanted to take Rocky with me but don't want to leave him out in the rain.

Hope everyone has a great day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby was able to go out in the sunshine for a little while this afternoon.

Later afternoon was feeling a little better.

Able to work in his office a short time also!

Tired and ready for bed.... Glad he normally gets a good night's sleep.

Posts: 2262 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Went to PT today. I flared up some muscles in my thigh again, but she fixed most of it. She found some other areas we will need to be working on in the future.

I hope I can afford all this. I've had 20 PT appointments now. EEK! At least 8-10 to go before I can be on my own and do exercises that should keep me going.

So grateful we are finally getting to the bottom of this. (quite literally, lol) [Big Grin]

Had I not asked to see a sports med Dr I'd still be in misery .. and maybe for a long long time.

I get to see Clint Black tomorrow night!!
[woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I was on my feet all today doing lab with the kids at work. So, I decided not to walk after work as I had a MD appt. and it began to rain.

Yeah! We are finally getting some rain.

Will be doing microscope lab again tomorrow, so will be on my feet all day again. It really wipes me out.

TuTu--enjoy Clint Black.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I ended up doing another 10min walk in the walker and took extra combo of pain meds before bed-i had stopped narcotics but it may have been too soon

Before sleep i did one set of lower body ex in the bed and i slept better than the night before-but was in too much pain to get up in morning. Glad i had water and crackers and last pain pill near bed

Its 2 hrs later...i am miserable-hard to believe i walked down the street yesterday...i fed dog, fixed breakfast and went to bathroo. But only did teeth-cant wash

I am depressed that all my progress was cuz of pain meds. I dont want to go backwards. I wll have to go back on them again

Interesting...pain is in knee i had surg in but also as bad in other knee,hands and rotator...so pain meds are masking all of that

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to get a bit of food this am. Also able to drive Rosie out to the forest to give her some off leash time.

Once again, she did not want to get back in the car so I kept driving and she kept running.

Stopped by an estate sale. They had a small heater run by propane that would have been good for me to use while camping....with windows open.

I need to do some research to see if that is OK.

I learned the guy was 89 years old that died. And I think he was a bit of a hoarder.

Another yard sale person said he had visited him when he was a live and there was no walking room in the house.

He lived in a very nice home. And had more iron skillets and ice chests than any of the stores around here and most likely the big city too.

Looked like he was an outdoors man.

I don't trust my brain but I think I saw a for sale sign that said coming soon...$155,000.

I wonder if that is correct. I know housing prices have fallen since I was last in that area.

But, that is a big drop for a fairly new housing area.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker.. glad you finally got some rain. We are not as dry as we had been over the summer. Maybe we'll have a pretty fall!

Off to see Clint Black this evening. Hope hubby enjoys it too!

kayak.. I hope you can still make progress even as you taper the meds. From the sounds of things, you still need them!

kam.. sounds like that man really WAS a hoarder. Wow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Did a lot of filing today. Now just sitting at the reception desk and doing my bills.

MannaMe-Glad your hubs can get some sleep. I've had sleep issues off and on since 2004 but thank God they're getting better.

TuTu-Are you going to pt for your feet? I've been out of the loop for awhile and don't have a clue.

Hiker-Hope your feet are going to be ok. My feet hurt and swell when I'm on them for a long time.

Kayak-Man oh man! I know what it's like to have so many aches and pains. If you have to take the meds, take them. I'd be taking mine but it makes me jittery and I can't work. Plus it's either causing or contributing to a psoriasis type rash that I have.

Kam-That estate sale sounds like a lot of fun. We were going to have one but have been having success with the yard sales.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

the pt came and talked me into staying on pain meds...it is 3 weeks from surg today...she said most stay on for 6 weeks.

my one good friend here-the one who also has lyme and uses buhner...called and ended up picking up the meds for me and also some good groceries since she was going anyway

then had a little visit. i know i need to seek out some social interaction...even if it is small.

did a second walk after pain meds in but then those stupid birds came back and circled etta and i and i swear i almost ran home. i was as far away as i could get on our road...it turned into cardio-vascular!! yea...first time in a long time. hope i lose more weight.

i kinda know it is probably cuz i am on the pain meds and probably wont last but i have lost 20 lbs in the 3 weeks since surgery

im just going to keep focusing on doing the exercises right and getting stronger and in a week try again to wean off...slower this time

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak.. Did you clean up your diet some? That may be the biggest reason you are losing weight. DON'T run, please!!!

Put Etta on a leash and if the bird comes, you can at least pull her to you and pick her up.

AKL.. I originally asked my podiatrist to refer me to a sports medicine doctor. I thought he could help me since they help athletes recover from injuries of all sorts.

Thank goodness I thought of it! They are changing my life! My foot/feet still hurt, but they are working on my whole body which needs help.

I'm doing exercises to strengthen everything. Little set back today. I had to stand on my feet a lot today and then had to walk on a slope in the parking lot when we went to see Clint Black.

I hope I haven't done too much damage. My hip and leg hurt .. plus the feet. OUCH!

Clint was great!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Kind of in a debbie down er mode this am. I need to read what you all have been doing when able.

That always helps for some reason.

I was able to sit in the power chair and do sink full of dishes. At least 4 more sink fulls to do.

Next step is to put away the dishes that have dried and then see if I still have what it takes to do more.

I really want to go camping. I think it will really help. But, body and brain are not co operating to get things packed and in the car.

I knwo that can change so wtg it out. My goal is to go this Monday.

Schedule an appt to get the carpets cleaned and then realized that is not a good choice to spend the funds.

Kind of bummed I need to cancel that. I did look into renting a carpet cleaner and paying someone to clean the carpets but it was pretty close to what it would cost to hire a professional carpet person.

And they use non toxic cleaners.

I then saw a neighbor's friend wheeling in a carpet shamppooer to do his girl friends appartment.

I had forgotten that purchasing a carpet shampooer is the better way to go.

Maybe out of next month's budget.

The carpets are so dirty here all the time with me going in and out in the power chair.

Need to focus on can do's today.

Need to get Rosie out to have her off leash time.

She has started doing a short bark while she stares at me in bed lately to let me know she is ready to go out.

So, I am laying here having her wait on me this am. I dn't like it when she starts to train me.

I do need to get up and out more. I do fine when the health is doing well enough to do so.

It is those times when it is like climbing mt everest that is difficult.

I liked it much better when I was able to drive her to the forest and get out and walk with her on a trail.

Now, it seems it is mostl me driving to the forest, letting her out and me driving while she runs.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Doing my Saturday dance!

[spinning smile]

Just wanted to share this with you all.......

Me and the sales manager were disco dancing in the showroom for about 8 seconds! It just made my month. Got to find your joy when and where you can.

I'm working 9 hours today then off to my Mom's for some organizing and cleaning this weekend.

Picking up my niece Monday to spend some time with her and hopefully take her to lunch.

Kayak-I could just kick myself. To think I've been using a stair climber to lose weight when I could have just taken my pain pills. [bonk]

TuTu-I'm so impressed to read how well your feet are doing. I can remember when you could hardly get around. I'm so happy for you! Glad to hear you had a good time at the concert. [Big Grin]

Kam-Laughing about what you wrote about Rosie training you. Rocky does the same thing to me. After 11 years he has me trained pretty well. [lol]

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

in a way my diet is worse. it was awful in the hospital-all processed

now i have frozen meals from store(they are really awful-but i knew i wasnt going to be able to cook and i am glad i have what i have. and i also hve about 18 frozen home made soups. they are good and good for me.

but i ran out of crackers(not good either)that i was using for snack when i needed to take a pill not at meal time and all i had was peanuts. old peanuts. cuz i stopped eating them qhite a while ago. they may have been from when my son was here tho.

and i am drinking milk and eating cottage cheese to get protein cuz i cant really cook yet.

the only thing i have cooked is eggs but i cant do that every day. oh-and im eating cold cereal---i hardly ever eat it-but i had shredded wheat and raisin bran and all bran. i know it is full of sugar (not the shredded wheat)

and it is easy to put fruit in it and raisins and prunes cuz with pain meds i need a lot of that stuff

so i am on dairy and gluten and even peanuts-but i want to stop that-and eating more fruit than normal...i am eating small meals tho-the bowl of cereal will hold me 4-6 hrs...2 eggs and 1/2 a bagel all day...but i force myself to eat a little with each med and that is probably 6 times a day

anyway...im getting stronger. the patch went back on friday morning and i didnt so much all day but when it was time for bed...i just stood up and walked to the bed...no walker or wheelchair

i had to take pills in night but then got up and made breakfast standing-nor wc - doubled my walk time to 20 min(but only went once) took a real sit down shower(that wore me out)and i am still walking around house altho i had a few rests

i got the heater working and it didnt blow up...tomorrow if i still feel good i hope i can do some laundry. i might put away the biggest clothes...not too far away...but the pants are falling off me. maybe if i can keep walking i will lose some and keep it off...hope so. i want to cook a few things that would be healthier snacks too.

ive had some long talks with old lyme friends and newbies too. and grand baby is a few days over due now...

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lpkayak--sounds like you are making progress!

Kam--hope that the federal government shut downs of parks does not mess up your camping trip!

Tutu--keep at it with the therapy and you will be dancing in no time!

aklnwlf--disco, huh? I remember dancing disco in college--guess that dates me!

I walked twice today--both times were short walks and both had to be short as the thunder began to rumble. Had a nice walk under the canopy of trees on a trail in town and then the second walk was around the neighborhood. I needed to blow off steam after watching the Fighting Illini lose in a blow out to Nebraska.

Tomorrow starts a new week!

Blessings.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Almost quitting time but I've just got to share this before cutting out.......

I just got the biggest compliment of my life!

Someone told me that I give them hope. Me.

He's a young car salesman and I asked who his secret crush was. (He caught me googling Viggo Mortensen)

He said he doesn't have one because people are fake and not what they appear to be. I told him there's nice people out there.

He responded that I was right because he met me here at work and that I was nice.

Can you imagine? Giving someone hope has got to be my greatest achievement!

[woohoo]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

hope is very good ALW

I have been lying here wanting a burrito. I found some GF tortillas.

I have gone in the kitchen several times to make one but havne't had what it takes.

I am thinking now that if I get all the ingredients out while on my feet...then rest..

then go back and sit in the power chair while I put it all together.

maybe put it in the oven to heat up...it seems I recall someone doing that.

I dont' think I have what it takes to heat the tortilla up over the stove and also heat the beans up so the oven thing might work.

Step by step. Do what I can.

Thristy too. I need to make another pitcher of the lemon drink that is easy for me to get down.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hubby took one of the motors out of his vibrating mat and fixed it this morning. Now it runs quietly again.

Did a foot detox and an epsom salt foot soak today.

Took a shower twice today - says it helps him feel better. His visualizes rinsing all the Lyme and co right down the drain.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AKL.. That is so special!! [Smile]

Good to hear from everyone!

Kayak.. eating frequently can sometimes help you lose weight because you never get ravenously hungry. It keeps your metabolism up.

Sorry to hear that you don't have good food yet.

Well, I'm off to bed. You guys have a good night's sleep!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Vision is still blurred to much to read what others osted. Sometime it is my vison and sometimes it is the way my brain doen's process what I am reading.

Typing this with my eyes closed.

Took Rosie out to toilet via the power chair. Less than 5 min uting. My face is hurting now. I still want to go camping.

Hoping my long johns, fleece and coat will keep me warm and gloves.

My sleeping bag is supposed to be oen of the warmer ones. I guess I will find out.

I use to go backpacking in the snow and was fine. But, my health has made the cold and heat effect me differenetly now.

I still havn'e been able to pack my clothes and toher cmaping stuff yet and get them in the car.

I was able to finally make a bean and cheees burrito last night like I am use to:

heat the tortilla on the burner, heat the beans and make the burrito. It was a treat as I have not had a burrito since I went FG.

Wierd how I can do things sometimes and not other times.

Trying to figure out what I can do this am. Brain and not working well.

thinking of going to Washington. That seems to be where some people hang out whose brain is not working well. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Able to kind of get some laundry ready.

I'd prefer to declutter the apartment and do things that the caregiver isn't able to do when she is here.

But, basics come first and the basics don't get done even with her help.

Able to clean up a little in the kitchen: put some dishes away, did a few other things but needed to really watch it as brain wasn't working well.

One of those mornings it is getting to me as I want to be able to do things and it isn't working out.

I do think I can drive Rosie the 3 miles out to the forest on the back roads. That is good for ones health.

Considering taking a couple of excedrin to see if that helps me be able to do a bit more.

Trying to figure out which things to have a neighbor do who just moved in. I think my budget can handle maybe an hour a month or two.

It is at least worth giving her a try to see how she works out.

I could get a lot done while she was here if it is just movement that is the problem...but using my brain to sort thru clutter, etc has to be on my own.

Maybe she could do the grocery shopping. It took the caregiver 2 hrs to do what it takes me in 30 min on a good day when I sent her.

maybe this person would be better at grocery shopping.

kam
Member # 3410

I haven't driven Rosie out to the forest yet. Still being stubborn and wanting to do things around here.

I was able to open to bills. Both were much more than expected. ugh. One was late. I haven't checked the due date on the other.

I was able to hang up a basket by the door. I am hoping that will help me with paper work. So far, I haven't been able to find anything that works for me due to how limited the brain is in that department.

you would think it would be easy to put a label on a file and put the paper in it.

So far, it is very rare I am able to do this.

Since rent went up by $300, I am hoping to find the paper work on that to make sure it is correct.

I don't think management has processed new paper work on it.

I have been giving her my check and asking her to fill it out as I have not been able to write long hand or print the past few times rent was due.

I think she is correct in the amt. I would just like to double check with paper work when I am able to read it.

The old manager would have had new paper work for me to sign right away.

This is making my brain hurt.

Able to duct tape the box I put my lantern in...

still need to put the hammer, duct tape, nails, and get lantern out of kitchen and in box when able.

For now, it looks like it will be down time until later this evening.

Hoping to get dressed next.

Able to send a text msg to the neighbor who does household chores etc. I asked if she had an email.

I am not able to verbally talk with her so hoping to communicate what I'd like done via email.

kam
Member # 3410

OK Able to get lantern and box back with camping stuff.

Able to get hammer, nails and duct tape put away.

Able to get Rosie out for another toileting via the power chair.

Next is to eat breakfast. Resting now...then hoping to get up and have some breakfast.

Still in Pjs but that is OK. I just pretend I am going to Walmart. [Smile]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement