LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Bad Brain Today-need prayers please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad Brain Today-need prayers please
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My head hurts so bad.

None of my usual meds are working.

I've been putting handfuls of snow on the back of my neck.

Please pray for me. I am at work another 4 hours-then have to drive home.

I think this is from the drops the optometrist put in my eyes last evening.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Greta-------hang in there---

My head hurts today, too. This whole yeast business/ fixing gut feels like it's going to be the death of me, sometimes,

and have to pick up 2 hyper Christmas kids in a bit :-/
Both of us one foot in front of the other-
Bedtimes gotta be sometime soon?

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying
Posts: 1696 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perhaps weather.. 0 or below here and winds..
ouch, not to take from your head you can add mine tooo..
Lord, relief small even so blinding eyes return.. Be Touched.

time for coffee ugh )"

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you too! Hang in there Greta! Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh!

I could just scream!

Completely lyme or co.

Went from right side of head to right side of body.

Just so much pain.

Home safe now. On the couch.

If I Lived far away from neighbours, I would
Scream and swear to get the pain out.

Thanks for your well wishes.

I am sorry lots of us have head pain today.

Why all of us at once?

Coffee yes. Espom foot soak.

Argh.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope the pain lets up...Praying for that!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

So much pain.

In both legs now. Hips to toes.

Just shoot me.

Took temp 38.1 degrees C/100.6 degrees F

Can someone please explain how on earth I can still have a fever with all the antibiotics I'm on?

This is so discouraging.

[Frown]

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Greta. This is horrible. Has anything helped--Epsom foot soak? FIR sauna? Hot water bottle or heating pad?

Sending soothing thoughts to massage the pain away and give you a good night's sleep.

[group hug] [kiss]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, i never have a fever.. doc last said your run cold..
i feel your pain, my teeth ach and I don;t have any?
are we related..
i will shoot you with a bolt of Lighten.
put your mind in gear girl, think about your body needing to respond .. i find that at times if i remind my body what needs to be done it starts to work.. did that make any cents

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear, Greta. You were doing so well recently too. [Frown] On a better note, the fact that you have a fever might mean that your immune system is kicking in and trying to fight whatever is keeping you ill.

Are you still taking LDN? Maybe you need to reduce your dose? I hope you will talk to your LLMD about this.

We also are approaching full moon and I know you treat for parasites. Sending prayers your way that you will feel better soon.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone.

Your words are very kind and help me to get some gumption to go onwards with my day.

The pain in my legs last night was agony.

Even this morning-agony. It's like both sciatic nerves are telling my brain my bones are broken.

But the fever is gone.

And that's true about the fever-what a positive sign! My immune system must be getting stronger [Smile]

Well that's something.

I see my LL today.

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers Greta and others for relief.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Good Morning.. ugh.
more snow absolutly beautifull..
So, Glad your on your way today..
and Better by the Hour and Tomorrow,
Back in the saddle..
when we face the day-
look forward my dear Friend..
Put That POSITIVE Couragous Armor on
polish it up..
and God Bless each step you take.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn Greta. I was so hoping you would feel better. Keeping you in my thoughts to day... sending positive, pain free, healing vibes your way!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday Greta. I'll be praying for you today. Hope you feel better and better. Maybe you can get some rest after your LLMD appt.

May God bless you, comfort you, touch you and heal you with his hands as only He can do. After all, He is our Creator and our Heavenly Father.

*gentle hug*

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Greta, I've been in Guam with this head. God bless.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Very despondent now after LL appt.

Looks like I can't ignore babesia anymore

[Frown]

Feeling very blue.

In my mind I thought I could get by with lyme and bart treatment.

I had a goal of being better by Christmas next year [Frown]

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart AND Babs? Ugh. So sorry, Greta. That's a heavy load to carry [Frown]

I was wondering if Babs might be behind your high temperatures. Does your LLND think your IV treatment has given your Bart a good hit? What does s/he want to do next? I hope your body can have a break between this gruelling IV treatment and treatment for Babesiosis!

You could still be improved--maybe not there yet, but well on your way--by next Christmas. Don't lose heart.
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta, I think you've worked incredibly hard and are farther along than you think-

in the midst of heavy treatment, it is often hard to tell, but this is my feeling w/ you-

Next Christmas? Yeah, no problem I say. You've peeled off a lot of layers in my book.

Hang in there- it's not forever, I promise....
and, just maybe you've beat down the Lyme, Bart and parasites

so now the babesia is emerging...

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Greta, you'll make it! [group hug]

Prayers sent.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Hi Greta. I sure hope your head feels better today. I agree 100% with all surprise wrote.

The downs are so much harder after the ups. But you are making great strides. And your llmd seems like he is really guiding you.

Hang in. Check in and let us know how your doing.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you, Greta. Try to be strong. This bumpy road is so difficult, but your destination will be worth all the effort. [group hug]
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Your words and kind thoughts give me hope.

If it wasn't for you guys I would have quit long ago.

Today I feel less down, more, "Ok, let's get r done."

Except for the overwhelming feeling of a thirty pound gnome, claws out, attached to the back of my skull, trying to chew my brain through the bone.

Ouch!

Dentist appt today. Not sure if I will make it.

So much pain.

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Greta. Omg. Reschedule the dentist! Too much to bare.

For the headache, seriously have you tried psuedoephedrine(sudafed?)

In the US you have to get it behind the counter. the modified version they sell n the aisles doesn't work.

Take the max dose (I believe 2) with whatever you normally take Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

While at the pharmacy get a microwave heating wrap called "a bed buddy" it's a long sock like tube.

Take the drugs, and wrap the hot bed buddy around your head and lie down til the drugs take the edge off.

Can you tell I am familiar with the evil gnome you describe?

Other trick, steam.. Run a really hot shower and just sit in there.

Also, have you tried the prescription Axert? It works better if you can get it right at the start or before... But I have had take down a raging maniacal gnome!

sickofthepain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofthepain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you get some resolve and relief soon Greta. Maybe getting a fever is a good thing. I

haven't had a fever since my son was born, over 22 years ago. It might be around 99.5 at the most but it's hard for me to get a fever no matter how

sick. Can you take the msm powder for body pain? I have some symptoms of babesia but can't get a

fever. Send that gnome on a vacation. Hope the dental appt is mild and uneventful and doesn't open a new door for kete keg parties.

Posts: 294 | From southwest mi | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking of you today.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

GretaM,

[shake] mentally tell your body to start healing,
activate it, sit if you can in stillness and put you repair system in gear, start small, the shoulders, the neck, the back of head, the ears, the eys , the nose, your scull, your muscles..
BE TOUCHED. . . [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have had a rough week since Monday. Our weather has been little systems popping in and I've have had too much on my schedule.

So my body is screaming at me. Pain and toxic feelings and brain fog. Need to rest and take care of me.

Think the new babesia rife session has got 'em stirred up too.

Greta, the first year of this illness and abx was fevers all the time especially in afternoon they would flare up.

Take some nice warm baths. I hate winter and I know this cold has come down from Canada. I'm sending it back to Canada.

I hate winter. It is so cruel. Now I understand why elderly people would complain about Old Man Winter. They hurt and ached. Not as one should live.

Pam

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

greta, map,

why don't we go ER like everyone else

without Lyme wood.?

tommorrow I MAY.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks so much you guys.

I cancelled the dentist. Laying back in that chair with a 30 pound gnome attached, and hands in my mouth-no way! Let alone the vibration from the polisher, or the smell of the latex gloves.

I took 2 more Axert today. I will try some actifed. I have some somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion, Kudzu.

Good suggestion to slow down and activate, Wayne.
I need to do that. Praise my body for working so hard.

Pam-Can we send the weather to Russia instead?

It went from cold and clear, to cold and snowy, to warm and raining today. No wonder the gnome is latched on. He's afraid he'll get washed away.

I am off to do a coffee enema. It helped for an hour yesterday.
Praise my liver all the while.

Thanks again everyone. You're giving me some gumption to tear this gnome apart.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Sickofthepain-

"Kete keg parties"...

So that's what they've been up to?!

[Big Grin]

Wayne-some days, I imagine it would be easier to go to emerg to get some IV's for this gnome...

In the old days it was, when it was just a "migraine".

But as soon as the "lyme" label got slapped on...it is so much easier to suffer at home.

If I need **** and abuse as a side dish to this pain, then I'll go. Haha.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Momindeep-you are so sweet. Thank you.
payne
Member # 26248

lyme disease is TORTURE SYMDROME..ugh
just soaked my feet,
and eat my sourkruat,
another Norc and lemongrass tea.
in an hour glass of Kefir.
more lemon grass tea
and sea salt waffers..
no layng down it makes the shooting worse
got asleep in lazyboy about 4 am with heat pad
then extra hot shower.. and then I may try
Sugar .. my brain must be straving for it.
and doctors think we make this s--t up.?
Peace on Earth.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

funny Greta.. i'll see what's on TV if it ain't
DRAMA - maybe I'll go ! my ins comp is probably reading this...

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

When it's not the holidays is the gnome a fire breathing dragon? I just love your visuals Greta.

Sudafed though... Not Actifed.

So the barometric headaches.... Is it a Lyme thing? Or just worse when you have Lyme and co... Cause I have had them all my life but they are better and fewer since treating. Now I just get them when it goes from warm and wet to cold and dry... I used to get them both ways.

GretaM
Member # 40917

God heard your prayers, and the gnome heard your thoughts.

About an hour after the coffee enema and an epsom bath-the gnome hopped off.

Payne-haha-exactly. If there isn't anything good on TV...Kefir... Me too. Has the tea helped at all? Exactly right-who would fake this misery. No one.

If I was to fake an illness, I'd pick one that got respect in the medical community, all the meds paid for, and full time help for the house.

Kudzu-i always had migraines off and on, but since the last tick bite, my head feels like a walking barometer. All I need are a few arrows and a brass nose and I'd be good.

Have yours gotten worse with Lyme?

sickofthepain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofthepain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeeeeah...good by gnome!Hope it's still gone and didn't creep back up into bed with you in the night.
Posts: 294 | From southwest mi | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Oh, so glad you're rid of the gnome, Greta!
[woohoo]

GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Anthro [Smile]

Yes it is such a relief!

Thanks for checking in and your kind thoughts [Smile]

payne
Member # 26248

Above all else,

guard your heart,

for it is the wellspring of life.
(Proverbs 4:23)

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

GretaM
Member # 40917

Great quote!

Thanks Wayne [Smile]

payne
Member # 26248

Psalm 30:2

O Lord my God,

I cried to you for help,

and you have healed me.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

GretaM
Member # 40917

The gnome isn't back but he sent his minions.

I'm doing IV glutathione, trying to stay the course.

But twitching is so bad can barely type and feel like I'm at sea. Can't raise my head vertical.

So much for making turkey dinner today.

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Ugh, this is quite a herx, Greta. I hope the glut gets rid of the twitching minions. Stay away, gnome! [tsk]

Graemlins are much more fun.

I wish I could deliver you a turkey dinner [group hug]

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks Anthro. I'm imagining that yummy turkey now!

Thanks for the hug, Kam.

Well it's passed again.

Can't sleep from insomnia, but I will take that anyday over the gnome and graemlins.

[Smile]

Sounds like a music group.

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Good news! It sounds like you respond well to Glut.
[Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement