LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » In a Negative Place-Does Anyone Have Any Funny Stories?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In a Negative Place-Does Anyone Have Any Funny Stories?
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a negative place today.

Spine has seized up. Can't bend, can barely sit, can barely breathe.

Feel like I've been kicked in the middle of my spine.

Had a facial yesterday with an enzyme peel. Forgot how sensitive my skin is now.

It is crusty and red and rough today.
Looks like I either spent too long in a tanning bed, or a month at sea.

One cat had dental surgery yesterday. So all the cats are on wet food now. Woke up to a diarrhea delight on the crapet. Carpet.

Finally got new glasses. (prescription changed a lot from lyme and bartonella).

Bought 2 pairs. One pair is perfect. The other is like looking through a wine bottle when I move my head.

Full of cherry angiomas on my skin from bartonella. Over 20. Got a quote for laser removal- $400.

Just real sick of lyme and co today. I'm not impressed with life.

Does anyone have any funny stories to tell?

I could really use some tonight.

[dizzy]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hop in that transporter or whatever you called it and go to the beach...or somewhere that's not going to be -0 windchill.

Have you watched "Crazy, Stupid, Love"? HILARIOUS.

Also, I've heard " Identity Theft" and "The Heat" are funny.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm...on Christmas Eve we were at my sister's house having Christmas dinner. I thought the only two people in the living room were my sister and myself.

So, I was telling her about my in-laws and I said "I hate his parents". Then I looked across from me and my husband was sitting right there!

My eyes do not work so well anymore. I have trouble finding figures in space and apparently my husband too!

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laxmom-
[kiss]

Deal-transporter is fired up!

I wouldn't mind popping over to somewhere with a nice breeze and some fresh pineapple, and sandy shores with refreshing salt water.

Yes, both those movies are hilarious!

Maybe I should put on Bridesmaids.

I just read my last post. Geesh! It's so negative it needs a wah wah wah sound effect.

Thanks lax. [Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hahahaha!

That is a great story, Lax!

I had a good belly-laugh.

Christmas Dinner and Foot-in-Mouth
[Big Grin]

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever watch the movie "The Man Who Knew Too Little" starring Bill Murray?

I never laughed so much in my life.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi TF

[kiss]

I haven't seen it. I will search Netflix now for it

Thanks [Smile]

Update: couldn't find it on Canadian netflix, but I will try on youtube tomorrow.

[ 01-05-2014, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: GretaM ]

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying, Greta, but I'm having a hard time capping your own unintended humor: diarrhea delight on the "crapet"! [lol]

Lax Mom, I _always_ get in situations like that, and I don't even have a problem finding figures in space!

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, very funny (BBC) TV series: Doc Martin, about a grumpy, uptight doctor. Bonus: you get to laugh at a grumpy, uptight doctor ("Out of my clinic!"). Bonus: you get to do that while looking at a drop-dead gorgeous Cornish village with amazing landscapes.
Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Anthro,

[kiss]

I love that show! It is so funny! Large and Son are my favorite characters [Smile]

And the oddly dressed receptionist

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Hi Greta--yes, love Large and Son, with interesting career change from experts on drains and sewage to restauranteurs!
[hi]

lax mom
Member # 38743

Oh my gosh,

I just remembered some funny advice. Never, I repeat NEVER go to a Dr that you bought a deal off of Groupon for.

There's a reason they are on Groupon!!!!!!   I found my chiropractor on Groupon
and his deal was too good to be true. About $45 for first visit, xrays, and an hour massage...

... well... after several visits he told me he was abused as a child and had anger problems and his wife left him briefly because of it... all while he's twitching and I'm scared to death and I'm twitching [dizzy] .

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animal sick on carpet is the worst. I don't need to say anymore- it is ten times worse when you are not feeling well.

Laughter is good for the soul.

LAX Mom, husband is deaf. Only when I whisper something can he hear. And usually if I am whispering I am saying something I don't want him to hear. My bad.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Laxmom-haha! Groupon doctors! So true!

Dogsandcats- [kiss]

Funny how men hear better in whispers. "selective hearing" [Big Grin]

[ 01-05-2014, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: GretaM ]

GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks everyone for your support.

The clouds have parted.

The sun is peeking through.

[group hug]

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how I wish we all lived near each other so we could get together on bad days like this.

I can't think of any funny stories, but hope you feel better soon.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks Linky.

[kiss]

sickofthepain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofthepain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My four cats are now on the wet cd food because of the urinary tract thing with my one cat. Expensive. I have to keep going to the vet and buying a few cans at a time. I promised them I wasn't eating it.

It almost feels like they are wondering what I am doing with all of this buying it every few days. I

told my husband that I would have to take on a second job to pay for their food. He thinks I should take on a first job, first.

Posts: 294 | From southwest mi | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sickofthepain, no wonder your eyes are doing crazy things.....they are trying to keep up with your mind. lol

I'm sure a good therapists could analyze that dream for you.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny stories....

My oldest sister thought she had a very bad bladder infection. Every time she went to the bathroom she got red pee.

So she goes to a walkin clinic and they want a urine sample.

She goes in,pulls down her panties, twists around and out falls her pink powderpuff!!!!

How it got in her panties she swears she doesnt know. But im hoping she threw it away.....

Gotta love my family. I can top anybody here. Should write a book.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am for running away too...even if it is just a mini mind vacation.

Sending my imaginary limo over. The limo will have a team of people to take care of things at home while you are away....including packing for your trip.

So make a to do list for them.

Where would you like to go??

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Downton Abbey starts tonight!
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofthepain
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofthepain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am sure a bad one would make an attempt too, Pam. Not that I would know the difference. My husband said I was breathing hard. This happens

when I sleep on my back. Usually it turns into a nightmare if I do. This should have been a nightmare. Where did the blond barbie hair in

front of my face come from? Crazy dang lyme. I keep hoping I will get my vision back in that eye. It's been 2 years this month that it suddenly went bad.

Posts: 294 | From southwest mi | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sickofthepain, don't loose hope lady. As soon as you get those SOBs bacteria under control, lets pray your eye will be able to repair itself.

The body is a miracle worker everyday for people.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Sickofthepain, map, randibear, Kam, kudzu
[kiss]

Kisses and hugs all around for you.

I laughed so hard at your dream SOTP. Sometimes when my eyes are closed, I get flashes of light with noise also, but mine are white flashes.

And the weird dreams, me too!

Always entertaining going to sleep.

And the cat food joke. hilarious!

Randibear-powder puff. That was hilarious too! I thought you were going to say she was eating beets?

Kudzu-how was the show?

Pam-you're right. Our bodies are miracles.

Kam-limo sounds great! I wouldn't mind a night time star watching tour. If the drivers could just leave the moon roof open, so I can lay down and gaze at the stars for the night.

Somewhere in the rocky mountains would be nice. I like the cool mountain air.

map1131
Member # 2022

No, no, no Rocky Mountain air for me. Now this is sad but I would be on a constant tick watch in the mountains.

Now if it was frozen ground like today, I would take a walk. Come in, strip down and take a very warm detox bath and do a tick check from head to toe.

No, I'm a blue sky, breeze, sunshine and smell of the ocean lady.

Greta, I hope you are in better place today.

Pam

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Casper wyoming and the ranch for me....

Or st thomas....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

In the heat of the summer, when the pine needles are dry on the ground, that is my favorite smell.

I can hear the wind through the trees, and the sound of the lake water lapping at the shore.

I used to be a beach and ocean water gal also, until the sand flea incident last year. [Frown]

I got bartonella so bad from those sand fleas.

All my neuro problems started after that trip [Frown]

map1131
Member # 2022

Well shoot Greta, you just ruined my beach dream!

Pam

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Sorry Pam!

Yes, those sand fleas ruined the beach for me too.

Maybe when I am well, (fingers crossed), I can saunter nairy fairy onto the beach with no bug spray.

But I doubt it. I am pretty sure I have an insect phobia now.

Except for ladybugs and dragonflies.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement