LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » im mad at LYME...just found out im missing out again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im mad at LYME...just found out im missing out again
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So one son is getting a really big promotion and award and two of his siblings are there with him to celebrate. I am so glad they are all together but so sad i cant be there.

And then next month my grand daughter will be christened and i wont be able to go.

I have much to be happy about, i know, but i am feelimg sad...and mad right now

I know so many of you go thru similar stuff and will understand

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this. I guess all you can do is concentrate on the positive and celebrate in your own way.

I wish I could be in attendance at all of my family's celebrations. It's money that holds me back.

We do what we can to enjoy life.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope your family is understanding, if they are (I hope), don't stress over it.

I would have someone take a video of both events, its easy today with all the technology we have - (cell phones - iPods Etc.)

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked again for them to tape it but i dont have high hopes. I have nothing from my other son getting his doctorate last spring or the baby shower

I dont want to be negative. I really try not to. But it seems i have to find ways to celebrate their lives from afar from now on

Im just very sad today and being forced to think about cancer again. Sorry to be a whiner...i'll bounce back

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lpkayak, you’re not a whiner, we’re here for each other, through good and bad.

Try not to concentrate on this; they’re something’s we just can’t change. You’ve already said, I’m being forced to think about cancer again.

Stress is not good for any of us!
Please read through this article below>

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_management_relief_coping.htm

Think Happy thoughts!

-

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry lpkayak. You're not whining. You're just being honest.

I'm feeling especially sorry as my bringing up breast cancer probably is responsible for your thinking about cancer again. [Frown]

It is difficult to have our minds so heavily weighed down.

Know that you raised your children to be independent, strong,... I will share in your sadness as I don't know where my son is.

This just made me think of things I left family out of. In my mind these things were no big deal and I didn't want any fuss.

i.e. I didn't want to go to either of my own graduations. There were other events also.

We are strong. And loved. Remember that OK?

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP- I am so sorry LP [Frown]

I've been fuming mad at Lyme all week also. Just spitting angry.

So mad, if I could, I would kick Lyme right between the legs!

(Sorry, men LN members, I can hear you cringing).

But that's just how angry I am at Lyme.

Ready to do some kung fu moves.

I'm putting my bandana on LP, (now I'm confusing kung fu with karate kid...), hopping in the transporter, and coming over to pick you up.

We're going to kick some serious Lyme butt. This Lyme Monster is going to get a whooping like never before.

Then we'll pop over and pick up Pocono, hand her her bandana and some numchuks and beat the daylights out of the Cancer Blob.

You've got a bandana with pictures of kayaks and oars on it. Mine has soccer balls. Pocono-what's on your bandana?

And then after that we'll tidy up and drop you off at the award and then the christening ceremony.
Pocono we can drop you at your sons, or we can go for chocolate mousse. Whatever you like.

[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I want to kung fu too!!!!!! My bandana will be lyme green.

I have enough leg muscle to still do some kicking. Just had my hour body work done this morning with Sister Emma. Had a good cry and it was over dog(s)that lost their lives due to this nasty son of gun illness. No not my dogs.

So I'm ready to go. Lp, ready? In memory of the dogs I loved. Kick a$$!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Pocono! No no no!
I have first mamo since lumpectomy today-its been scheduled a long time...surgery was 7 months ago

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tie that bandana tight, Pam! We're gonna kick some Lyme Monster a$$.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

You ladies are scaring me, all this kung Fu, bandanas and everything.

I've also put a jock on! And by the way, why is Lyme a male?

Steve

--------------------

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad guys? Because bad girl doesn't sound well, bad enough. I've always thought of them as bad guys. Nothing against males, men.

Are we sensitive today Steve? [Big Grin]

Snow ticked you off? [rant]

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hahaha! Steve! I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair!

Yes, we might get so fired up we may just start kicking and kung-fu-ing anything that moves.

The jock is probably a wise idea, given how most of us have poor eyesight and balance now. Perhaps a really bright bandana so we can recognize you as a friendly in our double vision haze and bartonella rage.

Hahaha!

My Lyme Monster is no specific gender. After a swift bicycle kick between the legs, I'm throwing a karate chop on the chest area. Anywhere tender is getting a beating! [Big Grin]

steve1906
Member # 16206

Pam, you’re funny - I'm laughing - Yes, the damn snow doses have me tick off. *more shoveling*

Well, I have to be honest...Bad, bad girls sounds much better to us men! [Smile]

GretaM, I'm counting my blessing that you live in Canada. You sound very convincing, so I'll be looking for you as i watch these 12 inches of snow fall upon my surrounding.

Good to have a laugh, best meds every!

-

Steve

--------------------

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny, Greta and Pam! If I were a TBD, I would NOT want to mess with you.

I'm so sorry, Kayak. I hope they tape it. You must have been an amazing mother. Someday they'll realize that.

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thats a cute puppy

I got a pic texted to me of my 3rd son...sitting with his 3 month old niece sitting on his lap. He looked very comfotable. I know he and his wife are anxious to start a family

With this weather i just hope everyone gets home safe. They are in nyc, nj, and chicago...all hit with this storm

You guys are great-thanks for the support and laughs

--------------------

healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ippy......get connected w/skype and ask your kids to hook you up. Then you can be there for reals thru the pc.

DH hooked me up when I couldn't attend nieces wedding .....was great b/c I didn't have to be there but was able to see and interact w/everyone.

Not expensive at all. Just a thought....

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Good thinking healthywealthywise!

Just go here - to install>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltl0xcyDoNQ

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

T I wish i had thought of that-i do skpe with the one with the bab. Maybe they will do it at the christenung. y

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement