LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 02-18-14--Any more SNOW - And no more MAIL for me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 02-18-14--Any more SNOW - And no more MAIL for me
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Steve

[ 02-18-2014, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: steve1906 ]

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll say! It's like a snow labyrinth!
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I believe you are correct!

Hang in there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would rather have a maze of apple trees, not snow...

But I'm really looking forward to the spring!

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't believe we had yet more snow yesterday. My back hurts! Does look pretty, though.
Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Anthropologista, I agree, my back has been hurting all winter. I'm sure you're looking forward to spring also....

Sun...Sun...Sun...

Steve

--------------------

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my I will not complain about our snow again after seeing what you are living with Steve.

I can't even begin to see how you northeasterners are doing it. I hope that is a slow thaw and drain off. We need a dry spring too the ground is so saturated.

Take care of your back. Forget the mail, it's only junk mail now a days anyway.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant see cars going by on the street cuz what the plow pushed back is too high

I remember stoms like that in ct when i was little-late 50 s i guess

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate...and the snow continues here today...sigh.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MamaBear11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MamaBear11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there is more snow forecast for my little corner of New England overnight. Sigh.

--------------------
Untreated Lyme for 25+ years.
Two kids, too much pain & fatigue, no hope of ever being able to treat.

Posts: 310 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

We are getting another 3-6 inches tomorrow.

Thinking-Spring, Spring, Spring!!!

Steve

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Steve, Brian Willians and crew said 4-8 inches more for Boston. Yeap the mail box is covered.

Warmer weather coming your way this weekend.

Party time!!!!

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no, no, no!

[bonk] [bow] [confused] [toilet]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget about trying to dig the car out for the umpeenth time!! We need to so we can make the long trek to my LLMD on Wed. Don't know if we will be able to dig it out!

We dug it out several snowstorms ago (took my husband hours), and now it's burried all over again--but not in snow, in high snow that has turned into concrete, the ice is so darned hard! It's high not only from the snow fall, but where the plow has plowed it up against our car (and all the other cars). Arghhh!

It's been so cold, and the ice is so think, even salt doesn't do it. Encased in the "concrete" ice is salt that is just frozen solid.

If we can't dig it out, we may have to rent a car to go to the doc's. Quite an irony if it comes to that.

Maybe we need to carry buckets of really hot water out to the car (from an apartment high up no less). Yeesh!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Steve I showed my husband your pictures after we watched the national news and he was amazed.

We have two elderly widowed woman that live across from us. So my husband has been doing our shoveling and also for our neighbors that we watch over.

We live in condo/patio home community and our snow is removed when we get 3 inches or more. Suppose to be removed, I should say?????
Our snow removal company chooses to do business parking lots where the bucks are big mega bucks and puts off or doesn't do the little guys like us.

My husband could not be so generous at helping the elderly ladies if we had your snow falls.
He walks their mail up to their door also so they don't have to worry about slips and falls on ice.

I hope you guys dodged the worst of it. Rumigirl, I hope you find a car to your LLMD. Missing an appt could be a long wait for the next opening, I'm sure.

Pam

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm a freak, but I LOVE the snow (it's gorgeous)! I love shoveling it in stages. A little bit every day. I love the exercise, and love to sweat. I feel much better getting the toxins out sweating. This works for me as I never could handle saunas/hot tubs. And I adore breathing the crisp clean beautiful air (it's awesome). There's nothing like it!

But Rumigirl, I feel for you. Shoveling around a car with ice is tough. Hang in there. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics Steve! So good to hear what your hubby does for the ladies Map! Good guy he is!

Here if it isn't snow, freezing cold, wind and ice, it is the MUD!!! It's Mud City here!!

And the drain field! I'm surprised water isn't backed up in the house- at least not yet! We're close to it though and have been. Rationing showers to 2 minutes each. No laundry, and little to no dish washing/cooking. Gathering all loose water and tossing it somewhere besides down the drains.

Haven't been out but 2 times since Christmas, once to docs (5 appointments cancelled) and once to local grocery store. In between outings, road has been too icy, snowy or muddy and it is just too cold for me! Even the guys in trucks are stuck in the mud!

But, looking at the happier side of it, there are no mosquitoes!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

I've told myself numerous times this winter....this is a tick kill, this is a vector kill, this is good.

Snow doesn't kill but the below Artic freezes will make a difference I hope and pray.

Oh ground is so saturated. Thurs evening we have a severe wind storm that's suppose to come through. I'm sure Tutu is sending it my way.

The trees are under so much stress from weight of snow and ice storm that left them for days in stress....

A severe wind storm with more rain could be a disaster at this time for trees, power lines, and flooding.

I can't image be trapped in. Talk about cabin fever, it could be the wildest spring ever when people are able to get out.

My husband is a meat cutter in a grocery chain. He has had some long days. It's hard to fill a meat dept back up after it's been literally wiped out and more than once.

Poor man just goes to bed early because he knows with the forecast, he's up and out of here before 5am.

Pam

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Ok more snow today, just stoped a couple of hours ago, all done clearing cars and driveway.

Here's a couple more pics after this strom, so tired of this sh**, where's spring???

Had to dig out MAIL BOX so they can diliver it!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Ok more snow today, just stopped a couple of hours ago, all done clearing cars and driveway.

Here's a couple more pics after this storm, so tired of this sh**, where's spring???

Had to dig out MAIL BOX so they can deliver my JUNK MAIL!!!

I hope everyone is SAFE!

Steve

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my!
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Your encased mail box is adorable, Steve! It looks like the entrance to an elf house.
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Looks like an elf house at the North Pole! Wowee, Steve, that's a heck of a lot of shovelling (or snow blowing, as the case may be).

My husband did dig out the car successfully. He borrowed an Ice cutter!! The trouble is, after all his work, when we get back from the doctor's at the end of the day, it will be really hard to find another parking spot that we can actually get into, as this one will be long gone---sadly. Arghh!

Plus, for the long drive tomorrow, guess what? More snow and freezing rain!! Yikes. Haven't we had enough??

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hard winter indeed. Our problem in our area is not just snow, but frozen water lines and busted pipes all over town. Miserable...and propane costs your firstborn.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Steve, I must find this great letter/joke from a woman & husband that moved to northern Midwest. They begin talking about the beauty of nature and the first beautiful snowfall of the season.

As each snow event comes on, the couple's language and their thoughts are getting more harsh about this $**t called snow.

It is the funniest joke I've ever heard on snow.
On the search for it.

Pam

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Looking forward to the letter/joke Pam, I hope you find it.

I hope the weather (snow/freezing-rain) holds off for your long drive tomorrow Rumigirl, good luck.

I guess a lot of us are getting hit hard this year. Momindeep, I've been lucky with the pipes this year-so far! I hope you have a good throw soon...

Catgirl, Be on the lookout for a Delivery in the mail, it will be coming in a trailer truck (UPS), maybe 30 trailer trucks. What is it you ask - Snow, lots of snow my dear!!!

Tincup, the only thing worse than snow is (Muddy Snow & ice). Let’s keep praying for an early spring. You need some warm weather, you’ve only been out twice since Christmas, you must be going nuts!

MamaBear11 - momindeep - Anthropologista let’s put all our prays together and put a stop to this winter. I think I speak for all of us (Except Catgirl)  enough is enough, come on spring….

Steve

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Just for you Steve and others in northeast. Maybe Minnesota is worse.

Minnesota Diary

* Aug 12: Moved to our new home in Minnesota. It is so beautiful here. The landscape is so majestic. Can hardly wait to see it with snow. I love it here,
* Oct 14: Minnesota is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful country and saw some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.
* Nov 11: Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.
* Dec 2: It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looked like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plow came by, we had to shovel again. What a beautiful place. I love Minnesota.
* Dec 12: More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!
* Dec 19: More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. #### snow plow.
* Dec 22: More of that white #### fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. ####!
* Dec 25: Merry @*!!@#@! Christmas! More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-#### who drives that snow plow, I swear I'll kill the ####. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.
* Dec 27: More white #### last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white ####. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?
* Dec 28: The friggin weatherman was wrong. We got 43" of that white #### this time. At this rate it won't melt before next summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and that #### came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the #### he pushed into the driveway, I broke the last one over his head.
* Jan 4: Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a ****ed deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those friggin beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed ALL of them last November.
* May 3: Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from that lousy salt they put all over the road.
* May 10: Moved to Georgia. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in that God-forsaken state of Minnesota.

Pam

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Steve, the pics are amazing! WOW on that!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

OMG, that note is so true, I’m sure we can all relate.

I hate those damn plow guys too. You can’t say nothing to them, your they’ll make it much worse for you the next time.

Thanks for the laugh.

Steve

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Warmer today, and some of this white s*** is melting---Thank the lord!!!

-

Steve

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

OKAY...THEY USED THE WORD BLIZZARD FOR MY NECK OF THE WOODS..AND YES, I AM YELLING!
steve1906
Member # 16206

momindeep, Sorry to hear that, so here's a hint for you>>>>

-

Steve

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Steve...ha!...good one.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Cabin Fever!!!

We have a large pantry and keep it stocked up, along with a couple of freezers. But this winter we are getting cleaned out pretty quickly not being able to get to town.

I stay upstairs most of the time where it is warmer, and sometimes I am involved in projects and don't get downstairs in time to prevent the others from getting hungry and deciding to fix supper.

Last night we had wild boar, imported from Tennessee, and sauerkraut. Tonight it was a sauerkraut sandwich and canned milk. I appreciate their efforts and am thankful for the food, for sure, but come on!

I'd really like something to eat that wasn't a wild animal 3 hours before it got wrapped and went in the freezer.

For desert, the "treat" of the day, I am feasting on peanut butter from the jar, and using a popsickle stick to dip it out because I am too lazy to go downstairs and get a spoon.

At least I'm not having to shovel snow. But, I gotta get out of this house!!! And soon!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement