LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » is anyone there-im not sure if i should go to the hospital

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is anyone there-im not sure if i should go to the hospital
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to go
I always go for chest pains and it is reflux or costochondritis

This time my bp is higher than normal-it was155/105 but is coming down

It used to be too low but has been creeping up to borderline

I took extra guaifenesin cuz i cant shake a little cough for a few days and im wheezing a little

I have felt nautious and dizzy on and off for a few days

Im obese and have high lipids and cant take statins and dad diedof heart attack

This morning i felt worse but i was stressed about a dental procedure-when i cancled it and ate i felt better

Today i cleanef a lot-more physical than normal and shoveled a little heavy snow

I took extra tums and it hasnt stopped

I dont want to go for no reason but i dont want to die either

I dont know wht to do-i hate when this happens

My bp was down to 135/75. ..and ixm resting and will take it again-this would be the 4th false alarm this year-2 were in hosp after surgery

My echo was fine last year

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another wierd thing...i feel hungry...even after i eat. This is very strange for me. I hardly ever feel hungry. I feel dizzy sometimes like low blood sugar and i et but this is different-and the second time i felt like this today

Ok. 140/78 pulse 73. I think its getting better

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pointermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pointermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my mom had a heart attack, she was dizzy and nauseous for a couple of days. It would come and go for no apparent reason.

IMHO, it's better to go in for a false alarm, than to not go in and do permanent damage to your heart (or worse)

--------------------
One day closer to being cured.....

Posts: 104 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty-do yu know if bp has anything to do with it? It will mean getting neighbors up cuz ambulance would take me to wrong hospital

Did your mom.go in with just dizzy or did she end up with pain

This is crazy...now bp is low118/73 pulse 70

Im thinking i'll drive myself in around 4 or 5...its not bad pain at all and if i have to pull over and call 911 i can

--------------------

pointermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pointermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she had high BP for years, but it was low/normal when we got to the hospital

Is there anyone else you can call? not safe for you to drive in case you start vomiting or black out

so sorry you're going through this - please be careful

--------------------

Posts: 104 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I slept and pain is gone...i will probably get checked out later

Ty so much for being there

Pain is clearly gone for now

--------------------

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just saw this thread.

How are you feeling now?
Is your color good?
Lips and fingernails pink?

Blood pressure?
Pulse?
Any difficulty breathing?
Sweating?

You have a cough and are wheezing?
Is this a productive cough, are you bringing up sputum?
Are your ankles swollen?

Symptoms of heart failure include a wet cough, swollen ankles, need to sleep propped up.
If you have heart failure, look into taking CoEnzyme Q10 400 mg daily, to help the heart.

You should probably be evaluated.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty carol
I slept another 3 hrs-this time flat in the bed-the first two were in the recliner
I have been taking coq10 or yrs-and fish oil and vit e and my aspirin-i had an echo less than a yr ago showing poor fitness butno blockage
Cough is dry and non productive
Ankles not swollen
I still feel ok but sleepy so i guess i will sleep some more

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I slept another 3 hrs and im ok-im not right but neighbor is coming over and im calling primary-im going to delete this soon-ty to all who helped me thru-i feel like such a pain but i know lots of you get it about how hard it is to keep going to er and they find nothing...buts its esp hard to go thru figuring if you should go in the middle of the night

--------------------

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you ok?

Could one of your meds have done this to you? Immodium pills do that to a friend.

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you are OK, kayak! Glad you will see someone today.

Hugs and more hugs! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi grandmother-that med is for diarhea right? I took the opposite-one for constipation. I wonder if that could be part of it

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi tute...thanks. my neighbor is saying her husband has what i have except for the chest pain-she says ppl all around town have it...so maybe i am ok

Yesterday on local news they said we were having air quality alert-that is very rare around here-i wonder if that has something to do with it-we werent supposed to go outside...i was coughung and wheezing before i went out to shovel yesterdsy -i was only out 20 min but i was breathing hard-i wonder if it is connected
Anyway-im just hanging out for now. I feel safe

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take it easy today.. no playing in the ice! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ip:

Have you read the ozone warning for your area? You really do not want to be exercising when you have an air quality alert. Might be a good idea to mention to your doc what your reaction was and maybe you'll be able to keep some oxygen on hand if this is a reocurring problem:

From EPA site for New England:

http://www.epa.gov/region1/airquality/oz_prob.html

Ozone can irritate your respiratory system, causing you to start coughing, feel an irritation in your throat and/or experience an uncomfortable sensation in your chest. Ozone can aggravate asthma, and can inflame and damage cells that line your lungs. Ozone may also aggravate chronic lung diseases such as emphysema and bronchitis and reduce the immune system's ability to fight off bacterial infections in the respiratory system. Lastly, ozone may cause permanent lung damage. These effects can be worse in children and exercising adults.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or it may be a particulate warning since it is winter, don't know if you are in the area this applies to or if you are near industry etc. but it is good info for us all:

Thursday, March 6 through Saturday, March 8.

"DES officials are calling for an Air Quality Action Day and advise sensitive individuals in these areas to take precautions to protect their health by limiting prolonged exertion.

Sensitive individuals include children, older adults, and anyone with heart or lung disease such as asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis.

Even healthy individuals may experience mild health effects and should consider limiting strenuous or prolonged activities.

DES forecasts concentrations of fine particle pollution to be unhealthy for sensitive individuals in the above-mentioned region.

The expected unhealthy particle pollution levels are a combined result of pollution transported from surrounding areas; calm, cold air; and temperature inversions which limit air movement.

Temperature inversions occur during calm, cold nights when warm air above traps cold air below. Such events prevent pollution near the ground from mixing with cleaner air aloft. As a result ground level pollution concentrations can increase.

Conditions are expected to improve by Saturday morning as wind speeds increase, resulting in better mixing and cleaner air.

Communities located in valleys or other low-lying areas where temperature inversions are common are more strongly affected. Much of the locally emitted pollution comes from heating devices, especially residential wood-burning fireplaces, stoves and boilers.

On the infrequent days when fine particle levels are forecasted to be high and the winds are calm, if an alternative heating source is available, residents may want to avoid burning wood until the winds increase.

The severity of the health effects increases as fine particle concentrations increase. People with asthma and other existing lung diseases may not be able to breathe as deeply or vigorously as normal and may experience symptoms such as coughing and shortness of breath.

Symptoms of particle pollution exposure for people with heart disease may include chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, and fatigue. In addition to harmful health effects, fine particle pollution may create hazy conditions that reduce visibility.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes i am in the area with bad air-its supposed to be gone now but i had sx a few days before they reported it so i wonder if maybe there was something going on a few days before

Thurs it felt like my mcs was back-everything bothered me and it has been under control for many yrs

Also one nite this week i woke up choking on (sorry) mucous...i dont ever remember tht happening to me and i do have a history with respiratory stuff

I did mostly paperwork today-ate right-i did chop ice for 10 minutes at thr end of the day-couldnt resist it had been 50 and so much ice came up really easy

I have felt a little ogf but the chest pain never came back

My bp is all over the place but i wonder if the machine is broken

Thank you all for being there

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

The chest pains have not come back but i woke with a bad sinus infection so i guess i have what is going around

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ugh.. so sorry to hear!! Take care of yourself! Do you have lemons?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP-I was scared for you!

Do you have some soup in the freezer?

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pointermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43153

so scarey! glad you're okay - feel better soon!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

thank you guys-im forcing fluids but dont have lemons
im not eating much-a little toast, my smoothie, i do have meals frozen but i dont want them yet
i lost 3 lbs last night! im peeing a lot
i dont feel right yet at all...a lot is in my belly-reminds me when i had appendicitis...but i dont really have much left in there to go wrong...just the bowel...wish i could stop ibu

i did back off but then i end up crying when i roll over in bed or get in and out so i tried to take more today just spread them out

still no chest pains! when i cant control the chest pains i get extra scared

the neighbor was only real sick for one day so hope i will bounce back

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

didnt sleep cuz i had insomnia from too much cold meds yesterday
had to wak early they are delivering wc today
sinus better but belly way worse-just a big ache
i hope im not bleeding inside...bp normal today
even when i feel awful
last night i was sweating and feeling feverish but never had real temp

im trying to organize my thoughts to call primary

i wonder if any of this is related to root canal i need -one for sure maybe two...im just having them pulled-not root canal-but i wonder if infection is making me sick

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

im seeing primary at 10 tomorrow

new real dentist at noon

and just to make sure i get enough stress for one day i get cancer check at 3

its good primary will fit me in tho...wed we may have a lot of wet ice/snow---up to 12 inches if snow...that is a problem for my roof

so i probably wont be on tomorrow til late

--------------------

Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with all your appointments.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with everything.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im glad i didnt delete this cuz its appening agsin

I woke up fine-just tired and getting slow start

Now feverish and bad nausea and burping-no chest pain tho-notthinking of hospital-trying to figure out if a supp or med brings it on

Sounds like thunder in my belly-but i didnt eat anything strange...

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I figured it out. I took dulcolax...dont know what to do tho

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement