LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » So Embarrassed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Embarrassed
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having bad neuro lyme herx.

Had to get groceries.

In the store my tremors (head bobbing, poor eye control) and brain coordination issues were so bad the nice store workers helped me get my groceries.
Then the teller scanned what she could in my cart so I didn't have to lift anything.

Then leaving the store there is an escalator ramp and a lady helped me push my cart on to it and off it.

Just random people who could see I was struggling and offered to help me.
I appreciate the kindness of people.

But then driving home (I take the back roads because heavy traffic is too much for my brain), a police officer directed me to turn on my street.

Then a gray van darted in front of me-I swerved and kept driving. (I thought they didn't see me, it looked like they were trying to redo a back-in to their driveway.

Next thing sirens and lights. They pulled beside me. I apologized, said I didn't realize they were police.

They told me a police dog was doing some tracking. I said, "OK, I'll go very slow"

Then when I started to drive off, they veered in front of me again to stop me.

I didn't realize they were closing the road.

In my slow lyme brain I didn't even realize what was going on.
[confused]

I'm lucky they were hunting someone or I think they would have done sobriety tests on me.

Anyways, what red blooded female doesn't look forward to being pulled over by a vanload of cops-especially the canine team cops...

And I SO RUINED the daydream.

Sigh.

They have helicopter out now and are still searching.

Sigh.
Lyme sucks.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Greta, you're taking on so much. You did just fine. I know it's difficult to have to accept help when you aren't doing well. You've did all of it with such graciousness.

You're really doing the best you can.

I hope those helicopters and cops clear out soon. That sounds so disruptive.

I've given up driving myself to get groceries, I just know that I can't handle walking around and then driving myself home right now. I'm just too weak to do all the standing after doing the driving.

I keep telling myself it's temporary.

I hate it myself. I have to wait til someone can give me a ride to do simple things like even go to the bank. I was suppose to get it this week, but the person just postponed til next week. Sigh...

I'm considering home delivery of groceries. Some markets do it. It's just so hard to rely on others sometimes.

Yes, this sucks. I agree. I hope tomorrow is better.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie-you're so sweet! I could feel a big electronic hug from you.
[group hug]

I wish more places delivered groceries in my neighbourhood. It would make it so much easier.

It is hard running errands! I know exactly what you mean about going to the bank.

Lyme has reduced my friend pool to 1. I try to ask her for help only when things are really really bad, or else good so we can do fun stuff too.

The generosity of strangers warms my heart.

Judie do you think our neuro lyme is so bad because of the viral coinfections? Or do you feel it's from the bacterial coinfections?

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes! Big electronic hug and empathy going your way! [Smile]

[group hug]

I so know what you mean about not wanting to tax your friend. No point in losing a friendship by asking for too many favors. This illness is so isolating as it is.

Gosh, I wish I could help. Before getting disabled, I was totally the person who would jump in there and give people rides.

I know that Whole Foods use to deliver. When I lived in another area, there was a Whole Foods and I just called in my order, then the guy would show up. That helped me survive for over a year when I was too sick to leave my house. Maybe there's a personal shopper service at one of the local markets where you can just pick up your groceries and have someone else do the work of walking down the aisles. Just brain-storming on ways to make it easier.

My vet even delivered special medical food for my cat that year. We knew each other pretty well (my poor kitty was a senior and so many health problems).

People like this really are gems.

"Judie do you think our neuro lyme is so bad because of the viral coinfections? Or do you feel it's from the bacterial coinfections?"

I wonder about that myself. I have so many infections going on (both viral and bacterial).

For me, I'm pretty sure my bad neuro symptom are mainly from TBI. I had such a pronounced increase of neuro problems and new neuro problems when I got reinfected last year.

I'm sure the viruses had been lingering (undiagnosed) for several years before the Lyme (got blood work right after I had the first EM rash and there were so many viruses, there's no way they came on after the bite). They may have caused fatigue, but nothing even close to all the weird neuro symptoms after the tick bites.

It gets a bit complicated because I had a massive toxic exposure 15 years ago. It created similar symptoms, but only on exposure to triggers.

It DID get better after removing myself completely from a toxic environment and moving to the forest (however, moving here exposed me to ticks, hence Lyme).

I knew something was really wrong the first time I was infected with Lyme because triggers weren't necessary anymore. I just CONSTANTLY had the dizziness, weakness, speech problems, brain fog, and all the other lovely things on the list like feeling like I was on a carnival ride and couldn't get off.

I try not to walk fast because I don't want to fall over.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how I would get by without others helping all the time

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. I'm not that bad off .. but people do notice me when I am walking very slowly or unsteady. They will open doors for me. VERY grateful for that!!

Greta ... I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!! And I hope they caught whomever they were searching for!!! Scary!!

[group hug] Greta [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Thanks Lymetoo
[kiss]
I could really feel that hug. People are so nice when they help strangers in times of need. I'm glad you have good strangers in your neighborhood too [Smile]

I know what you mean LP. I haven't been able to work for a month, but when I was working my coworkers were so helpful and kind to me.

Judie-I was tested for viruses right before my second lyme infection. Both EBV and CMV came back neg for IgG and igm.

Then after the second lyme and the awful bartonella, about 6 months later I was retested and came back positive for IgG for EBV and CMV. I am so sure I got those from the tick too. (or sandlfeas? If possible?)

But I am still stuck-don't know if it is lyme and myco now causing this or the viruses.

Also you and me both RMSF for a long time.

It is a mystery

I will see if there is a personal shopper. That is a great idea! [Smile]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta,

My last trip to town was complicated by having been attacked by a grizzly bear when stopping at my mail box. I found it is really hard to do the errands after that! Anyhow...

When I was finally able to drive to the store after years of housebound/bed bound, just the shower and getting dressed process had already worn me out, so I'd have to take a nap in the car for about 1/2 hour before having the energy to go inside the store.

Often I did 3 or 4 isles of shopping, then back to the car to rest another hour, then I'd go back in to get the rest of the groceries.

I had nothing left (energy) to load into the car or unload all the groceries, or to unpack and put away once I got home, so I'd get only the cold stuff inside, then within the next week I'd slowly bring in one bag at a time and unload them.

Pretty miserable, huh? And stubborn I was too! I would no sooner let anyone I know do that without helping them, but I'd put myself through that grueling process on a regular basis.

That was STUPID!

And I'm still doing it! HA!

May I suggest, try ordering on Amazon things like toilet paper, supplements, bulk items, etc. If you search around you can find some things even cheaper than in the walk-about stores.

They are delivered to your door, no muss, no fuss. Of course some of the prices are terrible doing it this way, so really do some good searching.

Even if you can get 1/4 to 1/2 of what you need online and delivered, that is a lot less to "handle" each time you do go to the store and it cuts down on trips.

And it leaves more time to party!!!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Haha Tincup! "more time to party!"

That's a good one. Haha!

If partying means being in pajamas and a robe by 3PM, with a comforter and club soda in my chair...

Then I am a party machine [Big Grin]

Grizzly! Yikes!

oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Greta

I am so sorry for your tough day and just wanted to let you know that you are so not alone.

I can only run very short errands and don't do my own grocery shopping right now. I have a friend who does it for me or I order online and get stuff delivered.

My head just spins in the grocery store and it takes me so long to get everything and stay focused that I feel totally exhausted when I come home.

I also understand about not wanting to ask friends to do too much - this illness lasts so long that we have to "budget" our favor requests so we can keep the friends we have - or at least that is what I do as I am so afraid to lose any more friends at the moment.

I have done some very stupid things whilst driving with neuro-lyme and still get in my car and start driving in the completely wrong direction to where I am meant to be going which scares the heck out of me!

I mourn the days where I used to be able to "shop till I dropped"! Now if I get out of the house its a good day, and an even better one if I can get errands done.

Hugs to you and feel better soon!

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta, no worries. One day you'll find that hot cop [Big Grin] !

Totally agree with getting groceries delivered! I haven't done this via Amazon but it's a good idea to investigate.

I had a local supermarket deliver groceries to me for the longest time when I was unable to leave the house. It actually saved me money as I could shop the sales and take advantage of store coupons from the comfort of home. But I did have to make a request that an older woman do the shopping. The couple of times a young man did it was a disaster!

Hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Bless you oceangirl and beaches.

Your sweet and kind hearts.

I feel not so isolated knowing you guys can't do shop till you drop either.

My shopping is more drop.

Haha.

Yes, my neihgbourhood is a bit on the wild side at times. Always more opportunity for good looking officers [Smile]

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I SO miss the days of shopping til I drop!! I still try when I'm up to it! And I totally enjoy it whenever I'm able (nowhere near what it was like in the past [Smile] )

Always enjoy shopping for my kids. Bonus is when I hear "Wow Mom, I really like that!" Good to know I still have a bit of coolness left.

But the supermarket? Not so much. Food shopping is such a huge chore. Don't get me wrong, I love to foodshop, but it's very tiring. I was very, very grateful that I had the option to shop for my groceries online and have them delivered (except for when the young boy did the shopping lol).

Saying a prayer that a hot cop soon comes your way [Big Grin]

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a year during treatment, I couldn't do the weekly shop here, either. Seems massive amounts of food go through on a weekly basis, I was overwhelmed, and weak.

I loathed asking my H to help, he works to support us all financially, he's tired on the weekends, kids take a lot out, I felt guilty enough, but I had to- we all went together, kids included,

just not being alone in case I couldn't make it through helped.
I was able to take the job back over again all by myself,
and you will too-- hang in there---

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, I have not seen Greta in quite awhile. When I saw this thread I thought she had come back. NOPE.

Still MIA. I hope she is OK.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...i had a rush when i saw her name. I cant sleep. My shoulder hurts too much. And i have a big day tomorrow. Where are you greta?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I thought it was her too. Where is she?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I see that the person who bumped the thread is gone.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta - So sorry you are having to deal with so much.

Reminds of the time hubby was pulled over by the cops because they thought he was having a seizure. I was not with him at the time.

He was sitting at a stoplight and listening to classical music and "directing". I guess he was really into the beat and was waving his arms around and bobbing his head etc.

Thought you could use a laugh. This really did happen to him.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta was found. I guess she's not around, though.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement