LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SOS situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOS situation
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure this is appropriate for medical questions, so feel free to move it if need be. I am so hesitant to post here but I have exhausted all options that I know of.

Following the death of my mother I have recently suffered a severe relapse of Lyme. Before the last few months I was an almost fully functioning grad school student.

Since falling so desperately ill over two months ago, I've had to leave my home, give away my beloved cats, all my possessions are in storage, my relationship ended because I was too sick to sustain it,

and I had to move a thousand miles away to Wisconsin, where a very kind stranger has taken me in for now and helps me with meals and such.

Problem is, this situation is temporary and there seems to be no help for me here- so far two llmds have turned me away because I have a history of c diff (treated sucessfully, but these doctors won't take a chance in treating my Lyme). That means I'm left without treatment and getting worse by the day.

I have no family willing to help. I am completely on my own with no access to help or treatment, deteriorating by the day. I need to ask the impossible in order to save my life- is there anyone anywhere willing to take me in for awhile and help me access Lyme treatment.

i know Lyme depletes us emotionally and financially, but I am seriously all alone in this and too sick to do this on my own. I need a miracle and an angel to step in and help me out.

I have been In a very dark place because given the circumstances I see no way out of my situation- homeless, without help or resources to pursue treatment that might help.

Please, if anyone can find it in their heart to assist me, or if you know of anyone who can, please please send me a pm on this site.

Thank you very much for reading and considering.

Gratefully,
Heather

[ 05-21-2014, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you find your angel Heather.

Perhaps you could research salt/c. It's very cheap to come by and it's something you can do in your difficult situation.

I believe the "parasite warrior" thread on lymenet has people following salt/c successfully, or post in medical to get people's opinion.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers!

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the response. Up. I really need help.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so so sorry that you are in such an awful situation. I am not able to help you as my life is in such a mess too with 3 people sick in my family, but I want you to know that I will pray that you get the help you need.

There are places you can get financial aid for Lyme treatment. Try googling that if you can. Here is some info I had in my resource file.

Financial Aid for Lyme disease patients:
a. www.modestneeds.org (212) 463-7042

b. Net Wish A financial helping hand when needed most: www.netwish.org/

c. LymeLight Foundation1229 Burlingame Avenue, Suite 205, Burlingame, CA 94010Phone: 650-348-5509 Website: www.lymelightfoundation.org Contact: [email protected]

God bless you.

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More info here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=023463;p=0

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Heather that you have relapsed and lost so much.

It especially breaks my heart that you had to give away your cats. It is my worst fewar that I will lose mine also.

I too have lost a relationship to lyme.

Salt/C is an option, so is curcumin, oil of oregano, garlic.

Pleasee know I am thinking of you and praying you have some relieff soon.

Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry, Heather, that you have to go through this. Your story is heart breaking. I don't know if this will help, but there are several resources on this web page for those who are suffering financially from this dreadful disease. I hope that it will lead you to some help to get you through this difficult time.

http://lymedisease.org/news/touchedbylyme/lyme-financial-destruction.html

Also it might be worth contacting staff at www.treatlyme.net if you haven't already.

Many prayers and hugs being sent your way.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dbpei:

Also it might be worth contacting staff at www.treatlyme.net if you haven't already.

Wow, that link has a lot of useful information!

In the stickies (likely the link that Lymetoo posted), there is info on ways to get meds for low cost or free, free transportation to doctors, etc. That could help you with getting meds from the drug companies, etc.

Please don't give up on finding a way out of this.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that is the one I posted. It's in General Support.

I'll add some of these to our stickies. I hope heiwalove saw these.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any help forthcoming of any sort Heather?? I hope so!

Please, please check all the resources listed in the link above. There is bound to be help to be found through these resources.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I saw her on a Facebook page and she has collected quite a bit of money. I hope she can find a place to live then?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement