LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Please send good thoughts/prayers, good news!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please send good thoughts/prayers, good news!
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

Please send your thought and prayers today for my son.

He's going to bike alone to his afternoon activity. About 3km of rural roads, across a highway and down a big hill.

I'm super nervous, but he's almost 14, and doing really well. I can't keep him in the yard forever.

Also have no choice as our car is broken, so either he misses his activity or I get over MY fear.

He was bed ridden and has worked so hard to get well. I know he's ready,

He's going to be on the road in just over 3 hours from now (I know the time zones make it tricky to figure out these timing)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY PRAYERS FOR HIS SAFTY!

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thoughts and prayers!!

Does he have a phone, can text or call when he gets there?
My son just got his drivers license yesterday, I will be bugging him like crazy on his phone checking up.

And wow, just amazing going from bedridden to well :-)
How lucky he is for you!
Pack water too for him- a snack...

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Surprise,

Yes he'll have my cell phone. I've asked him to call when he's across the highway and then at his destination. If I could just leave it on speaker phone the whole way I would.

My husband will pick him up on his way home from work so it's only one direction he has to ride.

He's doing really well, but he's not %100. Still better enough to get back in to teenager life without his mother hanging over I'm all the time.

Hopefully the cry I had posting this will let me get away with sending him off without tears. No promises tho"

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

He made it, all is well,

He had a blast hanging with other kids, being normal for once.

The real kicker was that my husband came home early and I could have driven him, but I had to let him go. He was ready.

How do you parents do it, let go again after this terrible illness stats to loosen it's hold?

I swear I have p.t.s.d from all this.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for him.

Hope the bike ride is safe and fun.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is wonderful news! I can SO relate! And I understand the tears too. But this time, those tears were joyful tears. Mothers have cried too many of the other tears. <3

It's natural to be worried, but I know you must have been elated to have him hanging out with other kids and being "normal" It makes our hearts happy, doesn't it?

I don't think we can ever really let go. My kids have had too many ups and downs for me to let my guard down.

I have just learned to embrace everything good that they're able to do and overcome. But I live with waiting for the other shoe to drop. When it does, I just do whatever I can do to regain the gains.

And yes, I am sure many mothers here have PTSD. I don't doubt it for a minute. How can a mother bear to watch her child suffer so much for so long? It's inhumane, really.

But for you, for now, just enjoy this very special time watching your son getting back to his life.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that's great!

Yes, I have PTSD- I have a child with PANDAS/ PANS,
and things can turn on a dime.

The stress has been unbelievable.

I chop it down to
One Day at a Time.
Just take it day by day,

and remember to take care of yourself, too.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes surprise, things can turn on a dime.

The stress mothers of sick kids go through is unbelievable and at times just really unbearable.

You are right...one day at a time and take things day by day.

Probably the hardest part is to remember to take care of ourselves. That's been a real challenge for me and many others as well, I'm sure.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

That's it isn't it. Really it's hard to imagine where we get the strength to be positive through it all.

I always have that part of me held in reserve in case we are faced with another low point.

Right now things look good. Even his "bad" days are way better then in a long time. But it could always change again.

He's also getting way better at listening to me and himself when he needs to tone it down. That overdoing it can really set him back.

He was so thrilled to be out with kids his age, going to the heath food store, hanging around. Just glowing when he got home.

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and sharing your stories. When I really was getting maxed out, after three months of carrying him to the bathroom it helped to think that there are other mothers/parents out there who have got through this and know what it's like.

Taking care of me can be hard. I swear I look 10 years older in the last 2. Oh well, vanity be gone!

At least I have a good supply of vitamins and supplements to keep me well too. HA!

Prayers for all Lyme kids may they be well and happy and normal.

beaches
Member # 38251

canadianmama, I have no idea where we get the strength to be positive. I think we mothers just do what needs to be done for our kids.

It's not easy to be strong and follow our instincts and do the right thing for our kids when medical "professionals" doubt our kid's diagnosis, their treatment, etc. and when dealing with asinine administrators in the school system.

Maybe we are raised up on eagle's wings as the hymn says.

You are not alone. I know what it's like to watch a bedbound child suffer in pain. It shatters a parent's heart like nothing else.

Taking care of me has been hard too. I've aged 20 years in the last 7. Yes, vanity be gone. But I am still vain. I bet I think this song is about me... LOL we have to laugh.

If I could take away all the pain and suffering our kids have endured, I wouldn't mind looking 120 years old.

Ditto the prayers for all the kids.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] Big kudos and hugs to all of you amazing mothers who have had to take care of and be strong for your families while trying to get through this awful illness yourselves! I don't know how you do it! So happy your son made it safely, Canadianmom.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

We should turn this into a therapy thread.

Or maybe I need therapy.
Just saw a new yoga studio open by my house,
$30 for 30 days.

I'll have to go at night after dd's bedtime since it's summer, but I've got nothing left at that time, and like alone time with DH, too.

I said the other day: I want to win the lottery just for a nanny!
Forget the big house and cars, just a great nanny!
(And a weekly massage.)

We have no help here with child care- just elderly in laws, who are really well meaning, but they can't understand my dd's illness, and they aren't available- and need help from us, actually, which we can't give.

My dd doesn't have pain, but she goes into OCD,
with me as the primary target.
It is exhausting. If I ever do get my adrenal glands tested,
I don't think they will be found.

Sorry- we had a super tough weekend- back to a neurologist tomorrow a.m., and LLMD next week.
And she's only 9.

I have to keep it in today only, because I can't comprehend doing this for more years.

I pray a lot. Look for the good. It's there.
Acceptance.
I'm also trying to watch my thoughts- visualize more positively.

--------------------
doing okay!

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

No Surprise I'm sure we all do!

So sorry to hear you are at a low point with your daughter. So hard to be the one dealing with it all.

Don't forget to use your knowledge to keep yourself well.

I remember at one point I bought Bach "Rescue Remedy" for my son and ended up with it living on my bedside table.

Yes, visualize is good, acceptance is good-when I can manage it.

Mostly I'm still a little angry that this happened, especially that he had a clear bulls eye rash and no one, including a nurse, knew what it was!

Humour is huge for us tho' lots of playful sarcasm works for us. Funny t.v. shows, being silly and goofy whenever we can.

And conversing with people like you who more then anyone else in the world "get it" is great too.

THANK you all!

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My adult children all had lyme and i did the best i could...kept re-prioritizing...but it seems what parents have to deal with today is worse

Im praying for continuing strength for all of you

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you and your son. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement