LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I am a better person because I had Lyme | My update. 1 1/2 years later.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am a better person because I had Lyme | My update. 1 1/2 years later.
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been difficult to come back here to Lymenet. It was once a home. I once "knew" each person on here: their struggles, their favorite advice, their victories, their defeats, I mourned their their losses and cheered them on. I tried to give some advice myself, once in a while.

Then I lowered down into the depths of the illness that took me for the ride of my life. I posted this here, on one of my darkest days. I thought that there was no way out.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/122805?

But, little did I know, I was just about to rise from the ashes.

Three months after that post. I updated my situation. So much better. Using herbs, changing diet. Then I went on with my life. After that, my family and I continued to get better and make more and more progress. I committed to formally studying herbalism and a whole new world opened up to me.

We are all feeling better than ever. I have more vitality and zest for life than I ever had. And I am thankful for every minute of it .

I can now honestly say I have so much gratitude for having Lyme. Going down this path not only shifted my life direction, it gave me my whole self back.

It required me to make difficult decisions, on my darkest days. Alone, on the floor, in tears. It taught me to follow my instincts. Do my research. Listen to my body. Search for the unknown.

I wrote my whole Lyme story out here, in case you want to read it. It needs some editing. But, you'll forgive me - I know.
http://bruntil.com/wp/mystory/

(In one of my earlier, more hopeful days on LymeNet, I saw a post asking, "Does Anyone Ever Get Better?" The only responses were a handful of people saying yeah, people probably do but they go on living their lives and don't come back. I vowed then, if I ever got better I would come back.

I may not be doing it as often as I had hoped, but I'm back (happy to see there is a Facebook presence, I'll join and perhaps help share my info there more regularly))

Breaking up a couple paragraphs for easier reading for many here - Robin

[ 06-24-2014, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi welcome back . Glad to hear doing well.
Myself I agree with you on. I can now honestly say I have so much gratitude for having Lyme. Going down this path not only shifted my life direction, it gave me my whole self back.

It required me to make difficult decisions, on my darkest days. Alone, on the floor, in tears. It taught me to follow my instincts. Do my research. Listen to my body. Search for the unknown.

I have been in remission for a while now, and do make my presence known at lyme support groups still.

Whether sharing different protocols or just listening to them . Or if they want to hear my story, and to see smiles on their faces. Wow it can end and

That their is a light at end of tunnel and sharing and understanding what others are going through .

I think it's important to still speak out for those who can't whether signing petitions , rally , and other useful ideas like a specific letter writing campaign but I won't go into details on that one on the forums.

emailing or speaking with your local congress men getting lyme pamphlets bring them to work or just have some handy .

The forum's are good but seeing people in person is just so much better.

And to know when to keep quiet when you hear someone has another diagnosis but it could and more likely lyme and another tick borne illnesses.

That sort of bothers me but if they are satisfied with their diagnosis that lyme mimics .

I can't change that, you can lead a horse to water , but can't make it drink.

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just lovely. Thank you, both.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, YinYang!! Tears of joy are rolling down my face for you. Today was a day, I REALLY needed to hear this, so thank you!

Thank you also, Lostlyme! So happy for your healing. The more success stories, the better.

Big hugs to you both [Smile]

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Yin Yang! Thanks for sharing your story with everyone! I just added it to our success stories and will move this to General Support.

Will everyone please join her there?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for returning to share your perspective, and nice to hear you're doing well.

You know, this is exactly the message that Brent Martin and Dana Walsh, from the UOS film, have been exploring through their website www.lymelesslivemore.com.

They recently ran a 12-week series of interviews with healers as well as inviting public participation each weekend. The series is available on their website.

I have to agree - this experience has changed me at such an intrinsic level - I'd call it an organic level, as in the organism sensing itself -- that for example, when I am in a medical office, my mind and body are asking, does this compute, does that work for me, what about this, what about energy medicine for this issue, etc.

I feel that we have been forced to really pay attention to what's working and not working for us, that we have become some of the most sensitive people on the planet!

Even tho Lyme and co's are very challenging to deal with, and no, I don't like it either(!), I think it's still a good meditation to reflect on all the ways we have been changed for the better.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go...thanks for posting!!!
Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your lovely post. It is so good to hear that your health has been transformed.

I do agree with you that chronic illness does have big effects on us as people, good and, of course, bad too. It is certainly a real test of character.

Good luck to you for your continued health and happiness,
Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted a similar message years ago, when I finally had lyme under control, how I felt gratitude, in the end for having got lyme.

People thought I was crazy. I got bashed here, no single person could relate....

I'm glad there are others who now feel the same.

And really, despite the awful life experience, without lyme I would have been totally different, and probably sick with other things.

And probably still believing on our medical system, medical treatment, still believing that chemical pills would have solved all problems of health.

We could have lost our lives to lyme. As survivors, we know how life is precious, and hanging on a thread.

And I suppose, all lyme survivors become activists, no matter in which level.

I just read an interview with an bee keeper. He said that when he grew up, the queens survived about 5 years in average. Now, only 2 years, and without farms that raise queens, there is no way to keep bees today in Europe.

In the US, this is already long gone (I mean, Americans import almost all queens from abroad).

He thinks it's due to pesticides, that make the bees sick fast and their life expectancy so much lower.

It's the whole society, consumption society that needs a deep change. Lyme sufferers are like any other chronic sufferers: just the first canary birds in the mine of our contemporary world.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YinYang, I remember you! I am so happy for you and your family! I read your blog and your previous post and they brought tears to my eyes.

Is your husband doing okay now too? It must have been your lowest point when you and your children were struggling with this illness and then you got the news of your husband's possible brain tumor.

I had been contemplating returning to antibiotics after having been self treating with herbs for the past year - but getting worse instead of better. (but I survived a big move that simplified my life - and also took its toll on me)

With my symptoms worsening, I was even thinking that perhaps I needed IV ABX - as I am haunted by a previous LLNP telling me this is the only way I would get well. But after reading your story, it only validates that the herbal route may be the best route for me.

I have been looking for a new LLMD or ND that will get me back on the right track. Seeing a new LLND next week that I hope has promise.

There was a series of workshops in my area offered by local herbalists this summer that I now regret missing. I will keep my eyes opened for another opportunity.

I have all of Buhner's books and will open them again and search for my possible answers... Thank you so much for sharing your story. You did a lot of research, and listened to your heart and soul. Such good news for those of us here...

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came logged on here tonight to post something similar. It's been quite some time.

I agree, YinYang, Lyme disease was a gift to me in this life journey. I didn't write the story, I'm just playing my role.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy for anyone who gets better. But I don't appreciate anyone saying this god-awful disease has been a "gift" or they're a better person for it.

This disease is a seemingly never-ending nightmare for parents of sick kids. It's far from a "gift"

And we were pretty good people before all this horror became part of our lives.

That's my 2 cents.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a gift to me beaches in that when my son was bitten by a tick and developed a bullseye rash in the middle of his back, I was in treatment. I knew what to do. The protocol was like 10 days of amox. for him at his age.

I get it that it's insulting, but we all have a different experience.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carly, I totally get that you knew what to do for your son b/c you were in treatment yourself. And I agree, knowing what to do for your kid is a great gift. Your gift IMO was the gift of knowledge, not the "gift" of Lyme Disease. Thank God he had the bullseye rash. Many docs to this day won't treat until someone becomes symptomatic (ignorance).

What I am referring to is people who state that Lyme Disease has been a gift to them or they're a better person for it. It's not insulting to me. It's puzzling to me. Like I said, we were pretty good people before this nightmare came into our lives.

And me, the gifts I receive are based in love and sometimes come wrapped. I don't consider the scourge of Lyme Disease to be a gift in any way, shape or form.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand how puzzling it is and how we were good people before this torturous disease.

I feel guilty of regaining my life back when I talk to others who are sick with this disease , it makes me sad but at same time they get happy because they see their is hope and a end to the madness .

Myself I feel we are here on earth for a purpose and having lyme gave me a purpose well that's gratifying to me .

I speak out for those that can't , for the people who have died from this disease. I speak out for those who healed from lyme but they don't.

I see the gratitude of doing the simplest little things like when waiting for other crew to finish their work , I pick up water bottles ,cigarette butts etc , my choice not being told I had to.

Every time I pick up something I have tears of joy because I think back where I once was and unable to.

Sometimes I go to my doctor just to say hi , I have tears of joy I am grateful to have met him.

Every day I remember where I once was , how sick I was and for some of the people who stood by me in my choice to pursue a proper diagnosis .

I have seen and experienced how it feels to die I was in a coma like state in hospital , i felt my body shutting down , family members coming in to say there good byes ,

I was in a lot of pain,I knew what was going on but it was quite peaceful experience , 5 days later I was able to open my eyes , and to see the nurses and doctors instead of hearing muffled voices .

Till this day I am grateful for that experience , then to be misled for 5 years to find out it was lyme all along.

It was a wake up call ,to be reborn , even though I am not a religious person.

That's what I meant about gratifying , life changing experience .

Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

lostlyme, that was a beautiful post. Thank you.
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like a very special person, Lostlyme. Thank you for your beautifully written post. [group hug]
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YinYang I remember your posts and I am so happy you found health and healing. Thank you for coming back to share with us all.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YinYang, I'm very happy to see you got your life back, that’s fantastic news!

It's nice to see you came back, maybe you can share some treatment ideas with others.

Lostlyme, I'm also very happy for you, it's all about giving back.

quote:
I feel guilty of regaining my life back when I talk to others who are sick with this disease , it makes me sad but at same time they get happy because they see their is hope and a end to the madness.
Don't ever feel guilty for regaining your health, that’s the goal of every member here.

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lostlyme, I totally relate!
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement