LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » NYS ACTION NEEDED!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NYS ACTION NEEDED!
beaches
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please everyone do this, it literally takes 2 minutes:

Call (518) 474-8390 M - F, 9 – 5

DO IT TOMORROW! The Governor has literally hundreds of other bills before him and he is being bombarded with IDSA lobbyists (aka those who are making millions on their patents, eg, the ELISA two-tier testing, but I digress.)

Follow the prompts to get to an operator.

When you reach him/her he/she will be very respectful, as others here can attest to. You will be asked how you can be helped, along with your zip code.

For NYS residents, here’s a sample of what you can say:

“Hello, I am calling to request that Governor Cuomo sign the bill S7854-A7558B. Three out of four of my family members have been severely impacted by Lyme Disease and associated co-infections. Our physicians in New York need to be able to practice medicine as they see fit, based on their knowledge of tick-borne diseases and their clinical judgment.”

For out-of-state residents, here’s a sample of what you can say”

“Hello, I am calling to request that Governor Cuomo sign the bill S7854-A7558B. I am not a NYS resident, but my physician is in NYS. I travel 2 hours each way to see him. Three out of four of my family members have been severely impacted by Lyme Disease and associated co-infections. Physicians in New York need to be able to practice medicine as they see fit, based on their knowledge of tick-borne diseases and their clinical judgment.”

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM NEEDS TO DO THIS!!!!

THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM. IF YOU’VE BEEN SUPPORTED IN ANY WAY HERE BY ANYONE HERE, YOU NEED TO STEP UP AND TAKE ACTION.

THE LAST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAME UP WAS WHEN PATAKI WAS NYS GUV.

I DON’T CARE HOW SICK YOU ARE. SO MANY OF US KNOW THAT ALL TOO MUCH. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT TAKING ACTION!!!

You want help? You want support? You want good docs?

Guess what? YOU HAVE TO STAND UP AND TAKE ACTION!!!

Yes I am talking to you, and you, and you!

Please people!

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Common, everyone! This is so important!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP, please call the Governor and visit activism.

We can't do this alone. We need everyones' help.

[ 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Abxnomore ]

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

UP
beaches
Member # 38251

EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM NEEDS TO DO THIS!

We need to ensure that our ( few and far between ) LLMDs can treat Chronic Lyme Disease the way they see fit, based on their vast knowledge and experience, ---

NOT according to guidelines developed by IDSA--a small group of people who are making money hand over fist on patents and working with insurance companies against patients diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease!! You should know that the governor is being heavily lobbied by these powers-that-be to NOT sign this legislation!

If this legislation is not signed into law by NYS Governor Cuomo, guess what? You can say goodbye to your NYS LLMDs.

So all of you out there in epidemic eastern Long Island and The Hudson Valley whose docs are in NYS, as well as all who travel from CT, NJ, PA, etc. to see NYS docs will be in jeopardy if the governor doesn't sign this.

To increase the odds of the legislation being signed, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PICK UP THE PHONE! - Per instructions above. Activism doesn't get easier than that!

And, every single person here needs to take action by picking up the phone! Our doctors need to have the freedom to treat as they see fit!

beaches
Member # 38251

UP!

Please everyone reading this, take action...make that phone call!

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM NEEDS TO DO THIS!!!!

THIS IS A SUPPORT FORUM. IF YOU’VE BEEN SUPPORTED IN ANY WAY HERE BY ANYONE HERE, YOU NEED TO STEP UP AND TAKE ACTION.

THE LAST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAME UP WAS WHEN PATAKI WAS NYS GUV.

I DON’T CARE HOW SICK YOU ARE. SO MANY OF US KNOW THAT ALL TOO MUCH. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT TAKING ACTION!!!

You want help? You want support? You want good docs?

Guess what? YOU HAVE TO STAND UP AND TAKE ACTION!!!

Yes I am talking to you, and you, and you!

Please people!

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Back up.
beaches
Member # 38251

^^^
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Back up

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement