LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Does anyone here now remember Charlie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone here now remember Charlie?
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time for me moves oddly, unpredictably, slowly... when it moves at all.

Since I've been decimated by Lyme and co-infections my father has died of brain cancer, my best friend has died -so young- from a heart attack, and my dear friend Charlie who saved my life once and who always gave me hope died from Lyme and complications.

I know from the deaths of all but Charlie that everyone else close to these beloved ones have moved on. I have not. My grief seems frozen in time. I'm unable in some fundamental way to process the fact that my father and my best friend and my unique Charlie are gone.

Does anyone else still here still grieve Charlie??

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a super buzzard, that is for sure! I used to drive through his town. I have family roots there. Sure wish I would have stopped to meet him one of those times!

Charlie was a good soul and a help to many. I'm so sorry you are still grieving him, dilly. If he saved your life, it makes it even harder to lose him!!

I hope in every day you are able to pass along what Charlie and your other loved ones gave to you. They would be honored by that.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Toots, and hugs.

I just read here that Heather committed suicide and am devastated..I can't stop crying. Its probably going to be another long while before I can bear coming back here....

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, dilly. Don't forget that you have SUPPORT here. There is always good with the bad.

Hang with us!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Maddog? Sara-Louise/Thelma? Tracy?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mad dog and tracy are here and tracy has wonderful news!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i remember charlie

and not able to read what you posted except the subject line

wondering what tracy's news is??

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her boys are well enough to jump out of the sky...what is thay called...oh. skydiving i think

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grieving takes time, Dilly - i went through it hard once - felt frozen, couldn't move - and then little by little, we come out of it where we can process it and go on. I think you should come here to talk about your feelings as you wish and not isolate yourself - just my opinion.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grieving can take years. my husband says get over it but a daughter never gets over the death of a mother...ever..

I don't remember charlie...sad but true.

heck I still grieve for my dog.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Charlie well [Smile] He had a wicked sense of humor, a heart bigger than Texas, and he loved a good, cold beer. I miss him too. *hugs*

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I remember Charlie too. A heckuva nice guy.

I don't know who Heather is though.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather was a most talented young poet and musician - she played the violin and taught music - and she was a sweet person who her friends loved dearly.

It's a tragedy. Of course, any loss is a tragedy.

You can google her name and see her reading her poetry at poetry readings - I think she had a special poet status somewhere. She was one imaginative person! She said she wanted to be a healer of some kind later on.

She just was too sick and without the support she needed.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie was ONE SPECIAL PERSON. He has been to my house,,,I have been to his and we met elsewhere to boot.

I remember all too well that fateful day.

He called me out of the blue one day when I was standing on a roof working.

He ask if I would come help his wife take care of him because she was overwhelmed. We made a plan right there I would.

I was hung up for a couple day project but after that we made plans for me to drive to his house to do just that. That was in the afternoon.

He passed away that night. "IF" I would have jumped off the roof,,,into my car,,,and headed that way at that very second,,,,I would not have made it there in time.

I didnt know,,,he didnt know,,,how 'sick' he really was even that day.

Do I "MISS" him??? ALOT,,,every day,,,every way.

I have said many a time,,,,I am NO longer the same person. And Christmas just isnt the same.

He had some special talents I have never seen in others. We are coming up on the 5th anniversary of his passing(I think)

Is there anything special we can do for him?? Wish I knew of something 'special' just for him!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow don.

--------------------

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey sometimesdilly
I think about Charlie sometimes.I have pictures of him standing up in my old canoe daring it to tip over.

I miss his humor,he never missed out on a chance to catch a pun.

Sometimes in life we meet someone who is special like Charlie was.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evan
Member # 44331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot all my info! I guess I'm the new kid again. CarolPA, I think she's my Lyme Mother, showed me this thread.

I miss all of you guys! Hope everyone is doing well! We all haven't done Chat in forever. I'm gonna go in there now. Come join me.

Charlie was a beast. I loved that guy. He was so nice and always so interested in me and my life and everyone else's. There were some nights on Chat that everyone would pass out or leave (even my Lyme Mother) and Charlie and I would talk into the morning.

I miss Charlie and I miss all of you! Come into Chat or send me an email if it's been a while!
ho****[email protected]
Chat: http://client11.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=306727

--------------------
-ev!

Posts: 2 | From DC | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie was a walking encyclopedia of knowledge when it came to matters of abx. He knew more than most Dr.s

Good things the drugs do,,,bad things, side effects, almost anything.

He also had an uncanny ability to do word scrambles. His mind was wired way differently than most.

Even he said that. He couldnt hold 4 numbers together or do mental math.

BUT you could take any large word or any word in scrambled order of its letters.

Instantly when you gave him the last letter he told you what word that was,,,,and he never thought twice about it.

And all the times I wondered if he was right,,,he always was.

He was SOOOOOOO fast at it,,,it was surreal.

As Maddog said, you dont always get a chance to meet someone like Charlie,,,not for the aforementioned reasons,,,but overall

Just a very special person we shall never forget.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Your tributes made me tear up, don. What a great guy he was!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember meeting Charlie and his wife on one of the float trips that a few folks put together in Kentucky.

He seemed like such a wonderful man and I was caught off guard by his passing.

He's still missed.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so enjoyed looking at the pics and reading about the river trips.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement