LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[hi] Family in Christ

Mercy: God withholds from us what we deserve
Grace: God gives us what we don't deserve

Mercy withholds the knife from the heart of Isaac
Grace provides a lamb in the thicket

Mercy runs to forgive the prodigal son
Grace throws a party with a robe, a ring and a fatted calf

Mercy bandages the wounds of the man beaten on the road
Grace covers the cost of his full recovery

Mercy hears the cry of the thief on the cross
Grace promises paradise that very day

Mercy pays the penalty of our sin at the cross
Grace provides the righteousness of Christ in its place

Mercy converts Paul on the road to Damascus
Grace calls him to be the great apostle

Mercy keeps us out of hell
Grace takes us to Heaven
[bow]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[hi]
 -
[group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Pocono!! I totally forgot about my promise! We have been SO BUSY. When will life slow down??

Maybe when WE SLOW DOWN? Help us, Jesus.

Funny tidbit: I was out shopping today and the total of my bill was $6.66. The clerk asked if I wanted to buy something else and was actually showing me things to buy. (I know her) I said, "Cover me, Jesus!" She said are you sure you don't want anything else, and I said, "No, He is able to take care of that!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
keen eyes and ears will hear the Lord's Will.

time to buy 1.11 more (:

good thoughts Pocono, I dewelled on this all day and still am... God Bless.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loved that, pocono! Thanks for sharing!

That is a beautiful graphic, payne!

Life is very busy, isn't it, Lymetoo? I smiled at your shopping story. You are right, Jesus will take of it!

We are taking our grandsons to the beach from Fri Aug 15 to Wed Aug 20. Please pray that we will be safe and healthy...thanks!

Remembering all of you in prayer....hugs!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Dekrator. Glad you enjoyed it! Hadn't thought about the $1.11, payne! [Big Grin]

I had already bought "extras" at the checkout, so I didn't want to add more. I knew Jesus could handle it for me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice picture Payne. I had to listen to that multiple times, stop it, write it down, listen, stop write,... I also pondered it for a long time and still will. The brain is nowhere what it used to be.

Life is moving quickly all around me but I'm not a part of it. [Frown] If I got any slower I'd be in reverse. [Wink]

Your story Lymetoo gave me a chuckle.
My phone # at one time ended 6663. That got changed. Not by me but I was happy as I often got calls for someone else as their number was 3336.

Have a great time Dekrator.

At The Cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBNnupt3P8#aid=P7mSNpbCXhA
Michael Phelps has such a powerful voice.

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Pocono .. My mom used to live in an assisted living place and their number was 6666. I don't think the owners were Christian, so I guess it didn't bother them. Bothered me! Maybe 4 sixes is OK??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Pocono! That video was done at the Majestic Theater in San Antonio! My favorite place for concerts. It is incredibly gorgeous!

You can't see it very well .. not a good quality video .. But take a look at the surroundings in the very beginning and then at 3:37 and 4:26 .. You can see the "blue sky" at the end (4:26). This theater was built during the Depression and words cannot describe how beautiful it is.

It is MAJESTIC!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Lymetoo you made me curious about 6666.

From Strong's Concordance

6666. tsedaqah ►

Strong's Concordance

tsedaqah: righteousness
Original Word: צְדָקָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: tsedaqah
Phonetic Spelling: (tsed-aw-kaw')
Short Definition: righteousness
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6666.htm

Cool huh? Not knowing Hebrew, I find it necessary to listen to a good Pastor to get the most meaning from the Bible.

I never paid attention about the theatre. Now I have to check that out. You're really sparking my curiosity today. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

It looks awesome! I'd love to be there for one of these guy's performances.

http://www.majesticempire.com/photos-and-videos/virtual-tours

History video of the theatre.
Interesting. Thanks.
http://www.majesticempire.com/info/history

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

I was looking for something regarding those suffering because they are Christians.

There are thousands being beaten, tortured and killed because they won't renounce their faith in God. Our God! [bow] The Only God!

Jesus said this would happen. I pray for all suffering all over the world that Jesus will comfort them and give them strength to endure.

It will be worth it as Jesus holds a special reward for them.

As I was searching, I found this. Most of us here are in those categories.

"A Prayer To My Suffering God" is an original Christian poem written for those who are suffering in pain, loneliness, and illness.

A Prayer To My Suffering God

O Savior of my life,
Will you meet me in my death?
O Deliverer of my hope,
Will you free me in my peril?

O Healer of my soul,
Will you cure all my disease?

When I cry, shedding tears
Do you taste my bitterness?

When I strive, struggling to survive
Do you stand by and offer your hand?
When I give up, with shattered dreams
Do you pick up all the pieces?

O Listener of all my prayers,
In silence and thunders I wait for your answer.
O Comforter of my broken heart,
In lonely night I search for your solace.

O Helper of my weakened strength,
In unbearable burden I seek your relief.

O Maker of heavens and earth,
May I call you my God?

Even if I never know your name,
Even if I've done some shameful things,
Even if I betrayed you and ran away once.

But will you forgive me for all my wrongs?

Will you help me when I reach toward you with my tiny hands?
Will you grant me peace even though we battled all our lives?

People say you set the rules,
But I know you truly love.

When others judge my covers,
You attend my heart and mind.

When my road leads into dark storms,
You will light up my eyesight.

When I fall on hard ground,
You will lift me up to rise.

When I face hardship and scorn,
We will together share our portion.

When I suffer in a hopeless sickbed,
We will together battle in each breath.

When I'm lost alone and lingering,
You will be with me, and guide me home.

One day I'll die and depart,
But I truly believe
You will lift me up.

O God, our Savior, listen to our prayer.
Fill our hunger, heal our sickness,
Comfort our souls.
If you wish not to answer,
Then please wait for us,
Because we are about to shut our eyes.

Everyone have a great evening and a restful sleep tonight. Go to sleep feeling Jesus' arms comforting you as only He could.

[group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'll be back later to check out the first link again. Couldn't get it to work.

The second one is great! Ironic that we moved there in 1989 .. when it had been restored.

Didn't know it was built in 1929.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

AINT GOD G R E A T

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Amen, brother!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

GOD IS GREAT!!!

When mercy walked in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShVKTFS4CSs

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

YES PRAISE THE LORD

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I enjoyed the song, Pocono!! THANKS!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter posted this on her facebook page. Thought of everyone on God Thought who have been praying.

Hope it encourages you!

http://todaychristian.net/man-brought-tears-bottle-thats-right-bottle-wow-needed-today/

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

alittle off lyme, yet is it ? - - - -

http://youtu.be/SFnMTHhKdkw

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

http://www.northlandpress.com/MNlymedisease81214.html

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Trini
Member # 611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
soccermama - loved that analogy!

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Posts: 43 | From GA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Romans 1:17 (NIV)
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Remember the Church Sisters? Newer video. It says America's Got Talent but I don't think they've been on the show. Maybe they were denied.

Their loss!! [Smile]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TpLXxHKXr8

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

nice lymetoo,
JOY fall upon those that share GOD's WILL.. JOY JOY JOY

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

I like that too Soccermama. Thank you.
I was wondering if the Church sisters were still performing. Thanks Lymetoo.

I recently was able to record another CD on my new pc. The last ones included many songs by the Church sisters.

I needed some new songs. I recorded some from posts here. One I can remember off the top of my head was posted by Payne. "One Pair Of hands".

I thought this song was referring to me when I saw the title. It IS, but not in the way I was thinking. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ktJDZwZIw

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Haha, Pocono!

Praying for payne ... When's the MRI?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

my MRI was thursday AM... thank you for your prayer support, Jesus helped me every step of the way... it will be a few days before I know the Dx...
Odd, i feel my LLMD is going to tell me goodbye, overall many good improvements, small things ween away.. anxieties, fear of dieing, body balance and vertigo, its strange how I forget the little things that added up to be big.
I am Blessed, as antibiotics and Dr. B's plan has been long and slow, but, I truly believe the spirocetes want out of me in a bad way..
need a big sign that says EXIT HERE >
God Bless -

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

[bonk]

-

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Prayers for you Payne. You are so right about the small things adding up to big. I forget about the many symptoms that have left or lessened.

Sometimes we have to look waaay back to see the improvements as we have to also look back to see how certain things in our lives worked out for the good.

All These Things

Genesis 42:36 ...all these things are against me.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for
good to them that love God, to them who are the
called according to his purpose.

In a factory building there are wheels and gearings,
There are cranks and pulleys, beltings tight or slack,
Some are whirling swiftly, some are turning slowly,
Some are thrusting forward, some are pulling back;
Some are smooth and silent, some are rough and noisy,
Pounding, rattling, clanking, moving with a jerk;
In a wild confusion, in a seeming chaos,
Lifting pushing driving, but they do their work.

From the mightiest lever to the tiniest pinion,
All things move together for the purpose planned;
And behind the working is a mind controlling,
And a force directing, and a guiding hand.

So all things are working for the Lord's beloved;
Some things might be hurtful if alone they stood;
Some might seem to hinder; some might draw us backward;
But they work together, and they work for good;
All the thwarted longings, all the stern denials,
All the contradictions, hard to understand.
And the force that holds them, speeds them and retards them,
Stops and starts and guides them, is our Father's hand.

- Annie Johnson Flint -

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very nice one, Pocono!

---

Matthew 15:10-28New International Version (NIV)

10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.[a] If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

perhaps this is part of my being still,

It weighs heavy on my soul, if the Lord,
when judging me said,

and here are the other blind ones cast into hell, for following ye..

and not me !

as in a picture,
you may be moved by the spirit
to see THE WILL of THE LORD...
In His Way.. I try hard to only share right from THE WORD.

I so enjoyed your above shares... again, I thank God, for the God Fearing women in my life.. comfort me you have Oh, Lord and Praises to YOUR KINGDOM.
 -

[ 08-23-2014, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: payne ]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That was our gospel lesson from last Sunday. I thought it was thought-provoking, as all scripture is! [Smile]

Found this one on some stickers I have. Really liked it:

Matthew 4:4 Good News Translation (GNT)

4 But Jesus answered, “The scripture says, ‘Human beings cannot live on bread alone, but need every word that God speaks.’”

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement