LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 7 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 7
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everyone!! It's Sunday, the first day of the week! [Smile] Any plans for the rest of the day?

Kam is having a so-so day and thinking about being out in the forest soon. She says she needs a new hairstyle. Suggestions? [Big Grin]

We had a nice church service today and it was the first time the choir sang for the new season. We take a break in the summer. We even have a new choir member! Cool! Would love to have more!

We will be going to my husband's gig this afternoon. I think I'm going to take a bit of a nap real quick. See you guys later! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kam--bald is beautiful and easy to take care of--LOL.

I am doing laundry, watching football, and being generally lazy.

Will head to prayer church tonight.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 9011 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im dragging and shouldnt be cuz the air changed...its cool and dry but ive done less today than the hot days. Just cant seerm to think or move and im nautious again. Thats happening a lot lately. Maybe im pregnant..hehe

The roof guys are finally coming back mon and tues and i have a little i have to do to make room for them...but im close to being able to sleep in my own bed again and i want to cuz maybe if i sleep better i'll feel better...but im.having trouble working thru all the stuff on the bed

The pollen still seemsto be bothering me...one frost , will take care of that soon i hope

Ettas going a little stir crazy. I put on the calendar to try toget her to dsycare one day next week...she had me up a lot last night with the palpitations...i dont know what brings it on...sometimes it seems , like thunde in the distance

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak..hand in there...it is getting there.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiker...lol...yep..bald has been considered. [Smile]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

so far...only able to do a few dishes. Looking forward to driving out to the forest nearby and just being there.

I'd like to get quarters for the laundry and do some laundry and pack food for camping but so far health isn't doing well enough to do that.

I'd also like to get a tarp to cover the power chair from the rain while camping.

But, just cooking a turkey patty hsan't worke dyet today.

I'd also like to get some groceries.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to get Rosie out this am in the rain for toileting via the power chair.

Then, headed towards grocery store. I couldn't find my poncho, forgot to get at least two of the things I went to that grocery store to get because I thought they would be less expensive.

So, need to go back when able.

Forgot debit card but was able to write a check when I got to the checker which is rare. I usually can't write long hand now.

Forgot ear protection muffs to wear in store but did have some hearo ear plugs that helped.

Brain is being weird now. RAin this am. Canal is flowing. Good to see the rain.

Able to get $5,00 worth of quarters from the cashier so I can do some laundry maybe thsi am if health allows.

Need to veg first.

Havne't put groceris away. I just put them in the frig in thei bags for now..

didn't do a very good job of shopping...need to go back and get food. Looked for patio chair covers to protect my power chair which means I had to go from one end of the store in the elec cart to the other end.

All they had in stock were table covers...brain wasn't working well enough to figure out if that would work.

I thnk I actually need to bring in my power chair and take the covers out of the bags to see which one might work.

Then there is the factor of tying it down...do i get a actually power chair cover that has tie downs for the lift

or do I wrap bungee cords around the power chair cover..most likely both.

Cost is a factor too..still trying to figure out what things cost.

kam
Member # 3410

Did a little channel surfing this am. SAw on the bottom of the screen that the governor has declared a state of emergency.

Mind boggling to me as here we just got a little more rain than usual and it is has stopped now.

They were talking about all the areas down the hill that had been closed off due to flooding.

Rain is different here. The water just runs right off the desert and floods things or creates flash floods.

AZ is a dry state most of the year.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i never got better yesterday and didnt sleep well...it was really difficult getting house ready for the guys cuz i could only stand a few minutes at a time and then had to rest

i also got this cold sweat that wouldnt go away

i called doc today and they wanted me to go to er to test for congestive heart and endocarditis but i hate the er...im not alone so if i get worse there is someone here

i havent wanted to eat and the last two weeks have been really hot and i did the yard sale and i lost about 13 lbs...

i forgot about my low blood sugar cuz the main sx was breathing problem...but today after i ate and egg i did start to feel a little better

the cold sweat went away and i have done a few little chores while sitting and i am still ok

doc will check me out wed if i dont go to er before that...i started reading a chf support site and it is really scarey

endocondritis is a concern cuz of my artificial knees i guess

anyway...hoping no more drama tonight...the guys worked most of the day but all the parts didnt come in so they have to come back in a few more days...no rain! thats good

how was the music tutu?

kam-thanks for the encouragement...hope you have a good day

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak.. That's scary! Hope your heart is OK. Do continue to eat. Your body has to have fuel.

I hope you get some food in you today, kam! Good job on your outing today!

The gig went great last night. Many good compliments. He's hitting his stride now and getting more confident. That helps.

Wish he didn't have to carry so much gear though and I can't help at all.

We went to the big showboat this morning for breakfast. It was a gathering of those who tutor or volunteer in the schools with a Christian foundation. I may join in! The stories we heard were really awesome.

We were entertained by a magician. He was real funny and cool. Went with our pastor, my husband and my friend who teaches the Sunday School with me.

Our pastor is coming over tonight to bless our new place. It needs it. [Wink]

PS .. I got tons of exercise today just walking on and off the boat. You have to walk a long way to get to it. Hope I survive.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Something told me to checkout lungworm and the sx fit...i think i am close enough to having the house ok that i can really focus on me...not doing construction work and moving furniture

My supps are on the way too...

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP--my energy healer detected worms in my lungs. I took mebendazole for 7 days and feel a lot better.

Still removing toxins, though. I see the healer on Friday and will see if the worms are all gone.

I will pray that your problems were just the low blood sugar as that is an easy fix.

Tutu--When I am well enough to travel maybe I can come listen to one of your husband's gigs.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 9011 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty hiker-i just realized its a supermoon so good chance it could be lung worms

I came back cuz i just had the craziest hour!

I was well enough to take neighbor to do errand around 3

Before that the roofers said they had some time and if i got the sub floor they would put it down in about a week

So i drove to homedepot-found a shoppingcart to lean on in ththeparrking lot and walked into the store. I sat near the desk while someonegot the flooring...i think i figured last time it

weighed about 200# they loaded it on truck

After the errand i slowly started to unload it-using the hand truck and resting a lot in between

During one of the rests a couple came to the door...it was a man who bought a 200. Thule roof rack at the yard sale for a dollr. They said they felt guilty and brought me 20 $

While that was going on the lady saw a cat on my roof! I thougt it had gotten there when the roofers were up there...but it turned out it climbed to the top of the truck and jumped on the roof

So while the lady is getting the cat...the man asks if he can unload the truck for me...i pick up 2 pcs at a time,,,he picked up 8 or 10!

It would have taken me hours...cuz every 6-8 boards i need a 20 min rest...he did it all in ten min. Wow...now im just sitting here with nothing to do...not a bad ending to a day the doc told me to go to the er...huh? I still feel ok. No energy but no cild sweat either

[ 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, kayak .. That is awesome that they came by and helped you in so many ways!! [Smile]

hiker.. that would be really cool! We could show you the town. Great place to have fun!

How do you get lungworms?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I have no idea how you get lungworms. I do know that ticks can carry microscopic worms and my energy healer said I had some in the blood and some in my lungs last time I went several weeks ago.

In July she said I had microscopic worms in the lungs and macroscopic worms in the digestive area, but the digestive ones were gone in midAugust. Never saw them, though.

LP--great that you got some help. My teen lawnmower mowed today and a kind retiree from the church trimmed all my bushes.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I need some angels over here! You guys are hogging them! LOL [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

I'll be back to read what you all posted when able.

I did go grocery shopping again last night. It was very stressful on the health and it was a short trip.

Head inflamation this am. Hoping exceedrin helps.

Also able to talk to the guy who is managing the new small mobility store in town.

He was locking up as I drove up. I asked him about a cover for my power chair. He said he had some but they were $125.00.

He then said to protect the electronics to put a plastic bag over them which I have been doing when out in the rain with Rosie.

But, that wouldn't stop the chair itself from getting wet. I tried putting a tarp over it last time and it still got soaked so put the trash bag over the cushions ont he back and and seat to keep me from getting wet while using the chair.

MIght do that again or maybe this time put the trash bags on before the rains come down while I am camping instead of the tarp and see if that helps.

WAnted to go camping this am. Not sure if it is going to work out or not. Not doing well enough to pack the food yet.

I was going to have the caregiver help me set up the tent when she comes this am.

But, that isn't looking do able. Main thing is to do what helps to get this brain ifnlamtion down.

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..i tried to read your posts but kept visualizeing the the tune to Fantasia (SP) as things were getting down...

an animated version of with music and a wizard and a cat and boards and all very confusing to this lyme brain this am. [Smile]

But, kind of fun too.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I woke up with no pain! How wierd...i did sleep well...but ended up doing a lot yesterday to have no pain today

Im having bad allergy sx but the pill should fix that

Tutu...you know taking the reflux drugs makes us more susceptable to worms right? It lowers acid and one of the acids jobs is to kill stuff like worms on its way in

I'll be back later after ive actually done some exercise. Trash and vacume are on the agenda

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to get up and do something but not sure what now. I know I put a few things away in the kitchen and put a trash can liner in trash can.

I guess that was it. Hoping to take a shower this am.

Caregiver is here for an hour this am. I am really not fit to be around anyone...no patience and mad at all things except Rosie.

But, i know it is because I am not doing well so will hibernate.

kam
Member # 3410

The other thing i was able to do was plug in the power chairs to charge.

But, unplugged the one and took Rosie otu to do her after breakfast business. Need to plug it back in when health is doign well enough and go back out and pick up Rosie's business when doing better too.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope you feel better soon, kam!

Kayak.. yeah, I've just never understood the lung worm thing.

Glad you woke up pain free!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I did some stuff...dishes,vacume,trash,moved plants so i could ozone...fixedone ac ...it works but smells moldy

Then took etta to vet...we were there 90 minutes-vet thinks she has back pain...probably nerve...and when she gets it she is scared and thats why it seems she has palpitations and runs to me. He is sure her heart is good. He sys she can go th o daycare. He wants me to keep a diary of when she does it and to write down her heart rate and how long it takes to get to normal

Im glad its not her heart...i was afraid i have given her too much cheese...she dors love her cheese...and expects it everytime shes good

After the vet i decided to take the new tryck to the beach...the farthest i have gine in it...about 30 min. When i got there the truck smelled like an elec fire. I dont know what it was...i came home cuz i was worried it would break down. I dont have AAA yet

Really bad allergies again...kinda bummed about the truck

Supposed to be cool tomorrow...i hope i can make progress organizing carport, garage and shed. My neighbors must hate me...messiest house on the block

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to fill the sink full of dirty dishes and hot sudsy water.

also dumped the 3 small trash cans into the large trash can and put bag outside my door in the hallway...a neighbor comes by and takes it out to to the dumpster for me.

I had the task on the list for the caregiver but she has yet to get that task done for some reason.

She did run out of time last time and wasn't able to vacuum either.

She is here for an hour only.

Hoping to be able to pack what is needed for camping and head off to the campground this am.

Resting now then I'll try and wash the dishes, rest, then pack the food and clothing bag.

I also was able to kind of make my bed this am.

It is rare the body is moving well enough to do that.

Also able to finally get that sticky spot washed on the table near my bed.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam.. What happened to your application for more caregiving help? Are you still waiting?

Do you need to remind them?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

OK got the dishes down and was even able to wipe the kitchen sink out..rare it is dry and shiny.
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I have missed so much.- I have been so crazy with getting ready for the art/craft show THIS WEEKEND!!!

painting, pasting, coating.... I am running on fumes! I am so excited and I hope I get it all done.

I have been feeling really great (comparatively) lately. so I have been using all my energy and staying up late to work on all this stuff. getting about 5 hours of sleep a night. I also have gotten some chores in around here which I hate.

Hiker, I agree- bald is where it's at!

I hope you are all doing well!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3567 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Lisa...such great news! I usedto be so happy ti post when i could ride and kayak....its been awhile now

I am so happy for you...enjoy! And good luck!

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks kayak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3567 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Brain really had trouble focusing or staying on track. So changed my mind about going camping or at least packign the food for camping and instead made a to do list of other things that I haven't been able to accomplish for a long time.

Tried to accomplish one thing on line and brain wasnt' able to do it...it was in regards to getting medicaid along with medicare.

I'll have to try that again later.

That did me in. Body started shaking on the inside..not sure if it was fear because brain is so low functioning when I try to read and process things or it was due to cold.

Made breakfast. Put coast on over PJ's. Got in warm car.

DRove Rosie out to forest area. She just did her business and then wanted back in car. She is having a little bit of trouble jumping in the car now...for now..we are OK..but i'll be looking for those ramps to help dogs get in and out of a car at the thrift shop when i am able.

DRove over to the doctor's office that the chiro suggested. Got the apper work I need to fill out. Going to this office with an attitude. But, I'll try and brush the chip off of my shoulder before I see the doc.

Right now, I am thinking it si the receptionisht taht is the issue.

I have left a few phone calls in the past and my caregier has called them also to make an appt.

It took me finally going in person. Then, I was given paper work to fill out first then they will make the appt. Which is OK>

The receptionist looks like an old caregiver I had that didn't work out.

And my new caregiver and myself have made several calls to the office...getting road blocks. Guessing it is the receptionist job to handle those calls.

Bottom line. I plan on keeping a list of actions now just in case things get stoned walled again ...then giving it to the doc to let her know...hopefully things willl go ok now.

I warmed up but still have the shakes inside so it is most likey from over doing it. I'll be OK once I veg.

I feel like I did a lot this am but not really..a lot for mye though.

Frustrating.

Other things I wanted to do were/are to get the correct name on my medicare card.

Get the on line pharmacy set up..I keep running into walls there too.

SEe if the local pharmacy got the syringes in for the B shots..I should have asked them to call me on that one.

Got stoned walled on that too.

frustrating when the brain and body only work for shrot periods of time and then go long times without working.

I'll be back to read what you all have been up to. I have /am typing this with myt eyes closed.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to put some drinks in the drink cooler. Taht did me in. Back down now.

Also able to put some dry goods in the basket.

And I was able to kind of make my bed this am.

Trying to figure this camping thing out. I guess I wil continue to do a little at a time and then maybe set up tent tonight with help.

Might talk to the maintenance man to see if he will help set up the tent. He did once before after he got off work here.

Need to kind of figure out where to leave him a note. I think he has an office down stairs now.maybe on that door.

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu...i learned that I did not have enough points ...not sure hwo you get he points....

so hopign to see a local doctor and taht she will help me get the medical points needed...

...lisa..sounds like fun and that you know to do what you can when you can without stressing over it....i need to learn from you. [Smile]

..i just slicked my hair down this am..put some guke on it...i think the gray is what i dislike the most..i like ti on others but not on me..

i have some coloring that i got fom vitacost but haven't hd what it takes to put it on yet...

kayak...sorry your trip to the beach in the new used truck smelled off...hope it is something simple and that it goes away.

glad etta's heart is ok and hoping things get figured out with her soon...again ..an easy fix..like half of a baby aspirin or something

kam
Member # 3410

Able to check my clothing bag and I think that looks goood for camping.

Able to get the camping plates out but not in the car yet and silverware.

Maintenance guy usually leaves around 4 pm which it is now 3:30 pm. I haven't talked to him yet but don't think heatlh is doing well enough yet to set things up.

Next step is to get dressed and take Rosie out for her mid day toileting.

I have the hibby jibbies about camping right now...the goal is to get out of the apartment and into the quiet and under th epine trees.

Guessing hibie jibbies might be because health is not strong enough right now ...i have flet like thsi before and then an hour or so lter be fine..usually fine at dawn and dusk..that is when I can usually function.

The last trip aslo wasn't a god one but I had company with me..I don't pay attention the the body and health and try and over do things when others are around.

Better to be by myself so I listen to health.

Temperature wise I think it will be OK. I am goign to check the weather report again.

Othe factor is it takes me a few days before I am strong enough to pack up and come home..so if I go tonight I might need to be there on the weekend too..which might be ok or not..depends on the weekend crowd.

I still haven't found Rosie's other leash. I hook the two together and put a close line to give her some walking room ..so she can go outside the tent or inside the tent on her own...or watch me as i go across the campsite to the toilets via the power chair.

Ice chest that i put the refrigerated stuff needs to be packed still.

It will take me an hour or two to recover from putting things in the car.

Then I can driv eout to the campsite.
Most things are all ready in the car..just need to put clothign bag and ice chest and camping paltes and bowls and silverware and propane bottles and stove and pillows and ? in the car.

It all seems to much righ tnow.

But, from past experience there will coem a time when the body is doing fine and it will not b ea rpoblem to get these thigns in the car.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

Tutu...i learned that I did not have enough points ...not sure hwo you get he points....

so hopign to see a local doctor and taht she will help me get the medical points needed...

-
Kam.. Write that down so you don't forget.

Hope you are ABLE to go camping. Don't push it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well it was really cool so i spent about 3 hrs in wc reorganizing carport and sparating stuff for yard sale and stuff to go thru and decide whst to do with

I found the baseboard for the office so i need to clean it so it is ready for when the guy does the exercise room floor

Then i went to doc...he doesnt think it is my heart. He gave me rescue inhaler. Unless something has changed i will take one puff and then never again

He thinks its anemia or thyroid and im due for lipid testing so im fasting and doing blood test in the morning

Tomorrow is gonna be hot,humid and then storms. Not sure if i'llfinish carport or stay in and clean and do bills

I think starting sunday it will be really cool and dry and i should be able to get a lot done then

It was 39 in the mountains...all i need is one 32 to kill the stupid ragweed and my life will be better

Oh!i slept in my bed last night for the first time in months! Used a blanket for the first time too

Kinda miss ak....hope shes ok

Take care everyone

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope your blood testing will give some clues on what is wrong, Kayak. The rescue inhaler is just that... for rescues!

It's going to be cooler here tomorrow...finally! It was extremely humid and at least 95 degrees today. Storms tonight, I think.

I went to a Christian Women's luncheon today. Haven't been to it in more than 10 yrs probably! It was nice. Sat with some ladies I didn't know and enjoyed talking to them.

I'll probably go again next month. There will be a speaker from South Texas. I'm curious to know which city she is from!

I missed the one last month. They had a survivor of the Holocaust there. I intended to go, but got mixed up on my days. ERG.

Tomorrow I'm going to a show with a friend of mine. I know it's going to be GREAT! Going to see Billy Dean and he's got a great local comedian on his show. Can't wait to hear him again (the comedian). He's really really funny!

I have never seen Billy Dean. That will be a treat!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

really weak this am. just getting up to go to the toilet does me in. Wtg a few minutes then I'll get up and take a couple of excedrin to see if that helps.

I wasn't able to set up camp last night. Considering havng the caregiver help me set it up thsi am but as I am typing this I forgot she doesnt' come today she comes tomorrow...so that might work out better.

I did not want to camp with the weekend crowd but it might not be so bad at this time of the year...we'll see.

next step is to get up and take rosie out to toilet either by driving out to the forest area or getting in the power chair ..depends on how health is doing.

kam
Member # 3410

Cold out this am. REminded me I need to do something about the cold nights while camping.

I am guessing a better sleeping bag would be the key for both Rosie and I.

I saw some at Walmart that said they went to minus 30 below and were only about $30 which doens't make sense to me from my days in the backpacking relm.

The sleeping bag i have i got at a yard sale. it is a northface down bag. the owner said he coulnd't use it as he slept too hot.

i have used it while out camping and was fine except for the cold nights...so a bit confused.

but do know the bag did not keep me warm and i also was concerned about Rosie.

I put blankets over her but she would take them off. I tried the propane heater but it worked too well...too hot and then too hot when i turned it off.

they do have a smaller propane heater I can get. Or at least they did at one time.

just thinking via the keyboard.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Birthday to me--LOL. One year older and none the wiser.

Cool here--only in the upper 50's. Too early to be this cool. I like 70's.

Kam--hope you find the right sleeping bag.

Tutu--enjoy the show.

I am not exercising much. Still very toxic and 10 hour work days are killing me.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

kam
Member # 3410

Whewp. 9:39 am I have been battling the ..not sure what to call it...frstrations, impatients, noises, trapped ....

Typing with eyes closed. I have not taken teh excedrin yet.

DEcided to do what I can when I can towards getting things ready for camping.

I'd like to get the paper plates and bowls in the kitchen bin that is all ready in the car along with the camping plaste and bowls and silverware.

I'd like to get my clothing bag in the car when able.

That is all my mind can think of right now. Brain is ..well..pressure in brain is not helping matters this am.

I would like toe get out of the apartment..even if itis just to cruise in the power chair across the parking lot.

I'd like to charge the large power chair.

Do the dishes.

GEt the small stove in the car.

Check with the campground tos ee how things look for this weekend.

OK HOping to be able to report back with things I have been able to do thru out the day.

For now, I need to watch a moive and take my mind off of the can't do's.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Crazy day and not over yet

Got pretty sick with hypoglycemia before blood test and she had trouble getting a vein...but she did

Then put up with bs in docs office. Getting handicap sticker form done a third time. First he fillrd it out wrong so it was sent back to me...then dmv lost it and i had to start over

This time i drove to dmv instead of mailing it and it took hours..got lost more than once. Ended up going away from homeinstead of towards home on highwy after

But i got it and she gave me a second one free so that is helpful

I returned something to walmrt and that went well when it usyally doesnt so hope my luck is changing

I got many fed ex packages...step ups for new truck ,supps from swanson and lots og goodies to help me organize kitchen

I can tell i need a nap now...i really want to go plant the butterfly bushes cuz its raunung out...but i need to rest first

I made another post about experiences with doc and vet...frustrating!

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not sure where to say this..

got my MRI report for pancreas issues..
adominal and intestine accute pain..
ALL IS FINE.. really ?

so hard to believe I can have this much disability and inmobilization

and boy was my reg MD proud saying all is fine..

I am Blessed I am happy I havent added a unknown problem to lyme..

so, I told my reg MD that this just adds to the fact I MUST HAVE LYME !!

he said "in your head" and I agreeded..

what worries me is my LLMD of 4 yrs keeps adding more outta pocket cost

to get treatment and less insurance used... $$$$ and I am no better then a yr ago..ugh...

its gonna be a year that i couldve lived without

restoring my faith in man kind is forced.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as we share life, birthdays - camping -

the little things we use to take for granite..

getting dress, doing hair,

remembering why we walked into the kitchen, turning off the stove,

laundry, daily cleaning, supplies, just what day it is..

just filling out a form, or smiling at those whom know nothing of OUR STRENGHTS..

I will continue in building faith only because of all of YOU.

Cheers to My Friends, Ones close - ones far,
ones gone ones going..

I would share my last cookie with each one of you.. [hi] ♥ [group hug]

-

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Payne...im sorry tx isnt going well. Llmds are as ll so different. If money becomes a problem remember buhner. Mny do really well with his stuff and it is cheap

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Anyone heard from AK? I've been thinking about her.

I had a good birthday today. A lot of my students from last year stepped in to my room to wish me a happy day and two 8th grade girls led my current 7th grade class in a round of singing for me.

Came home and had a quiet evening reading. No big celebration, but I received some cards and phone calls from friends and my brother that made my day.

Payne--I think I have conquered my parasitic worms with using an online pharmacy--no prescription. Very inexpensive, too. If you know what you need to take that might be an option--just be careful. PM me if you want more info.

Ii truly believe that treating parasites may be the most important part of treating Lyme and company.

Blessings. <><

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam.. Hang in there, sweetheart! Friday is coming! [Smile] Hope you get to go camping soon!

Hiker .. I can just imagine how tired you must be. I do remember the incessant fatigue while teaching.
Hope you feel better soon.

kayak.. Fed Ex sounds like FUN!

payne.. I think your idea of treating yeast is a good one. Maybe your heart Dr can change your blood thinner? I bet it is the cause of your stomach pain. I've found several meds that do that to me. (pain killers do it, for sure)

I am now officially in love with Billy Dean. Yep. Now payne.. you may NOT tell my husband, OK? It's a secret of mine!

HA! Enjoyed the show very much and got my picture taken with Mr Dean. (swoon)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE HIKER!

sorry imso late. I am upset when i dont get cards but then i often forget my kids and other family...one more thing this stupid disease does

Im glad you had a little fun and rest

IT SNOWED UP NORTH! Hope fully the pollen will be gone soon

Roof guy coming to put window in this morning so i have to get busy

Wanted to share the snow with you!

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

ah the first snow....wondering when we will get ur first snow here.

wasn't able to function yesterday. so far, not able to make the pitcher of the lemon drink this am...hoping soon as I am thristy..wasnt' ablet o make a pitcher of it yesterday either .

temp's have increased here....88 degrees during the day...so air conditioning units are back on

kam
Member # 3410

My exercise lately seems to be the dreams I have at night.

Last night I was part of the wedding celebration and a friend of Lady Diana.

In my dream it had been so long since I had dressed up I had forgotten how to do hair and make up and what to where..nor did I have anything.

I had this big sloppy christmas like sweater on with velvet like pants that were the wrong color to go with the sweater.

At first the dream was going back and forth to the big room where my pants were at a person who kind of looked like Lady Diana but in this years version.

Finding key's seemed to be a big part of the exercise and stress in the dream.

Pastels were the color so it must have been a spring wedding.

I woke up before I finally had something on that was presentable.

I kept flashing back to how i use to dress before lyme and company. In my dream I could walk also.

And there were children from the bride's classroom and I enjoyed being around them too...not like since lyme and company where I no longer enjjoy being around children.

Hiker: Happy Birthday.

Payne: I like your post. I couldn't find my sea sal the other day. I put it in the lemond drink I make.

Finally found it in the fridge...not where I usually keep salt. [Smile]

ALW...Hugs.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Interesting dream, kam!

HIKER>>> Happy birthday!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to make the pitcher of the lemon drink this am.

And pick up Rosie's two deposites from when I wasn't able to pick them up.

Got the plastic off of the paper plates and bowls.

WAshed water dishes out for dog and cat.....built up of hard water on them as it is rare I am doing well enough to scrub them out.

Hoping to do a better job of that. Hard ater is bad here.

Able to finally get that dead plant pot from the ahallway door to the patio with all the other dead plant pots.

Able to clean out the cat litter box adn take the bags of litter to the dumpster.

So I guess you could say I have been on poop patrol this am.

7:17 am now. Caregiver is coming at 8 if she is on time.

I am resting. Not sure if I will have her help set up the tent this am or not.

Next step is to clean teh dishes in the kitchen.

I would need to pack the food in the ice chest and put ice in both ice chests.

Adn get things in car. Brain can't recall what else needed to be done. Heat and weekend crowd are two concerns at the campground.

And of course health being well enough to go.

Havne' gotten dressed ye tthis am either.

Haven't taken excedrin yet which usaully helps me be able to do afew things

AS I lay here..I am thining health is not doing well enough tovie the campign thing a try yet.

CAt just jumped on the bed and walked over to the edge of bed and jumped down to her feed dish.

So far, I have only found one place in the apartment to put her feed dish that Rosie can't get too..it is in the corner near my bed.

The cat is heavier on her feet than Rosie is when she jumps on the bed and she is so much less weight.

She also is a health indicator for me...can't explain it but nerves or soemthing are on high alert when heatlh is lower and she jumps on bed and walks across it....I dont' like her then..I know it is not the cat..she is a good cat.

it is my ehath.

When heatl is doing better I aam fine with her being on the bed.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to put some baking soda on carpets ...

able to take sheets off of bed

able to make to do list for caregiver

able to get laundry ready for caregiver

able to put some of my clothes away from last Friday wash

able to find pouch with quarters in it for laundry but need to get more quarters before drying laudry today

resting now..that did me in

ah yes removed vacuum bag and tossed in trash

kam
Member # 3410

Gave Rosie and Myself a shower and then took her around the blk...i now have more poop to pick up when able.

done in...resting now

gave caregiver my card for the mail me the prescription with human...i don't know how many tries to get this job done...

caregiver came to me wanting to know my address while she was on phone with humana

i then got on the phone yelling

they then wanted me to repeat my humana number taht the caregiver had just gave to them..they said i needed to say it..i told the person with humana that i was having the caregiver read it because i couldn't read it..i was laying in bed while she read it

...the person on the line wanted her to tell me the number and then have me repeat it to her.

i am sorry but i threw the caregivers phone at that time..thankfully it landed on my bed

i also hung up before i threw the phone..not as satisfying to just click on the end button

i rarey throw the phone even before i got lyme...

kam
Member # 3410

i had also told the person taht it is rare i am able to talk on the phone so we need to get to the bottom line as to why the prescriptions are not being filled.

And that i have been trying far too many times to get this taken care of.

And taht i would not be able to be on the phone long so could we just get to the bottoom line

people say to ahve someone call for you..that turns into a more frustrating thing and usually doesnt' get the job done either.

I dont' know how many times i have given the caregiver my address for calls and she has written the address down along with my info..but she continues to ask me...the the person ont he line wants me to say it is ok for her to handle the calll.but first they want me to give them my address and phone number and card number and all those things i usually can't do.

ok rant over...calming down now

i think about the next step later

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was going to tell u guys about my banana dream last week. I have this problem of all the bananas getting ripe at once. Last week i kept seeing them on the table getting riper and riper and i just didnt seem able to eat them

Then one night i had this crazy lifelike dream of walking to the kitchen and seeing a whole bowl of black bananas and i went nuts swearing and throwing things and having this big hissy fit over the bananas and it was all in a dream

Wierd. I think it must have been cuz of all my frustrations about other stuff

So far today i picked up house a lot, took skin off a bunch of tamatoes cuz i have way too many. Im going to make sauce later. Also my friend came by and changed the filter in my air cleaner and i think i have done 2-3 loads laundry

The roof guy put the window in and it looks really nice. Hes coming back later to finish the original job i hired him for: the sheetrock

In a few minutes im taking the step ups to the mechanic to see if he can put them on. I bought them online...and they cost half what he quoted me...but i know sometimes they dont like to put on anything except what they buy

I also have to talk to him about some noises and smells...i hope its just cuz im used to a new. Truck not a ten yo one

Kam...you have been busy! For two years my doc refused to send my prescriptions to the pharmacy. Now hesays he will. Im curious to see if it works. It would be easier that way

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into ma and pa health food store and drive thru bank to get quarters for laundry.

And roll on down the hallway and put more quarters in dryer....I think the problem is the caregiver over loads the dryer...

we'll see if two turns in the dryer gets the towels dried and sheets this time.

Bill for ma and pa health food store was around $20 this time. Again, I am confused as this time I was expecting it to be much more.

Eye sight was not good so I will check on line to see what it was.

He said they would be there until the end of Oct...but the shelves are ..well..i am guessing they will be closing the doors the end of the month as far as having anything to sell.

Now I have quarters for the shower at the campground too if needed...

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..hope all is well with the truck.

Got the linens out of the dryer...not able to see if the stains are still in the linens or not..I have told her in the past not to put them in the dryer if they have stains but looks like i need to tell her every time

also able to type out a note and leave in the lobby...i had ordered dawn refill large bottle along with some other things from walmart on line

i got all the other things but my walmart record shows the dawn was delivered today and it wasn't.

2nd time this has happened.

there was a box outside my door from walmart but it wasn't the dawn it was another item...so left a note asking if the fed ex guy got confused and left it at another person's door.

I know i saw him with a lot of boxes

Ok that is most likely it for today....I lasted longer than baseline with being able to do things this am..it is 12:35 pm.

I usually have to veg by 9 am.

Hoping to stop by the pharmacy after they get back from lunch which i think is around 1:30 pm to see if they have the syringes for the b shots.

The thing with the on line pharmacy is it is getting to difficult for me to get to the pharmacy to get meds and to re order them..

so i have been trying to do the on line pharmacy but the humana right source pharmacy keeps sayign taht the doc has not provided the prescriptiosn adn the doc keeps saying they have sent the presciptions in...

i know they got at least one presciption because i did get it last month

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What's the matter with doctors not complying with the mail order pharmacy? It shouldn't be any harder for them than the regular pharmacy?

I know our DR's office gets signals crossed with our mail order pharm, but they eventually get it done. It usually goes pretty smoothly. It's even easier if they will give me a hard copy to send it, but I don't usually have to do that.

kam.. maybe "ma and pa" are helping you out a bit? They need to get rid of their merchandise, so....?

kayak .. Will the house be finished by the end of next week? That would be so cool!

I ran many errands today and my neck and shoulders are killing me. My feet aren't much better, but I'll survive. Our church is having a big 25th anniversary celebration tomorrow and we're doing a fundraiser for the backpack program here.

It provides food for schoolkids on the weekends. Some can't afford food over the weekend .. and I think some parents are so neglectful they don't cook or take care of the kids. [Frown]

Should be a fun time. We're having a pig roast and lots of awesome entertainment! All for the cost of a donation.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Mine refused for two yrs. Drove me nuts. Thought about getting other doc

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Another work week done.

Went to energy healer, which relaxed me, although I am sweating out toxins.

I actually turned the heat on in my house tonight. Earliest I have ever done that as it is still technically summer. Brr.

I am adding a blanket to my bed tonight, too.

Our church is having an Italian Dinner and silent auction tomorrow night to raise money for the missionaries we have in Chile and some other programs.

We are a very small poor parish. I am not even sure how we pay the pastor.

Kam--sounds like you were very busy today. You, too, LP.

I always have trouble with my neurologist getting my seizure med prescription. I find it works better when I call the mail order pharmacy and they call his office. I have to start over a month in advance of when I need the new prescription and it is a real pain.

At least I get three months at a time and one refill, so I only have to do this 2x a year.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

kam
Member # 3410

When the cobweb's clear, I am thinking of going to the grocery store this am. 6:30 am now.
kam
Member # 3410

My problem is the mail order pharmacy says they haven't rec'd the prescription from the doctor's office.

And the doctor's office says they have sent the prescription in several times.

The doctor's office has always been good at geting the prescription to the local pharmacy so I assume it is the Human Right Source that is the problem

It will be nice once this thing gets going.

Making the telephone calls are so difficult for me. I need to find a way to communicate.

I did sign up for the relay service on the computer. But, most of the time the brain is not working well enough to do that either.

kam
Member # 3410

Hiker..sometimes the church is helped out by the bigger church if they are under the umbrella of a bigger organization.

I know the church I was going to at the beach was doing very well. They were also able to keep other churches running that were not doing as well through out the US and in other countries.

kam
Member # 3410

When the pastors parents or his wife's parents needed help they ended up moving to one of those churches that was not doing as well and pastoring it so they could be closer to their parents and help them.
kam
Member # 3410

8:45 am able to get some groceries. Went to walmart as safeway was out of a lot of the gr giant frozen vegies i like.

Safeway had a sale for them 2 for $5.

Walmart sells them for $1.00 each. So no more safeway to purchase gr giant frozen veggies.

At first Safeway was the only place in town to get the frozen green giant vegies.

Glad brain was doing well enough to notice that.

used elec cart and put on peltor ear protection muffs and got help with putting groceries in the car.

Put frozen stuff away and then drove Rosie to the dog park. I wanted to see how she got along with a new dog in the hood.

They said hello to each other and then went on with their business. The new dog was more interested in me than Rosie and he is high enough I could kind of pet him for a short time.

Beautiful dog. The owner is one of the first people I met when i moved here. I am hoping they can join me when i go out to the forest area.

Both of us can't move much now a days so we can just hang out while the dogs have some off leash time.

The owner of the new dog doesn't know how his dog will do off leash yet. Not sure how to test that out.....

He stays with his owner while at the dog park...they walk the perimeter of the fence..so assuming he will stay with his owner at the forest too.

Rosie always keeps me in site too unless she sees a squirrel or rabbit...but she just runs for a short time and then comes back..she is not out of my eyesight for very long at all.

Regrouping now then not sure what...maybe put the sheets in the washer to soak and/or clean up in the kitchen.

kam
Member # 3410

tutu...good to hear about a local church giving back to the community.

and yes...i noticed the cash register receipt at the ma and pa health food store is no longer listing the items and what they cost...just the total.

i had forgotten to check my bank acct on line to see if it was $20 until you mentioned it again..so i checked and yet it was $20.

Hiker...at the old apartment complex i lived at a neighbor was being supported by a church.

His dad use to be a pastor and died. The son was now taking care of his mom who had Alzheimers.

The church was providing for the family.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Our little church does a lot for the community.

We make meals and serve at several "kitchens," buy Christmas presents for kids for the Angel Tree Program, visit and hold services at a nursing home etc.

I am amazed at the generosity of our small congregation.

Tutu--you would be impressed with our 10-15 person sized choir (half the attendees).

We do need to attract some more children. I am surprised we don't have very many as we run a preschool during the week at the church.

The advantage of such a small church is the pastor really knows the people. He was praying at prayer night the other night and could name every single person (about 20) that was on the prayer list. He also sends out cards to people for encouragement or for birthdays.

Did my grocery shopping this morning--hit 3 different stores to find what I wanted. Am cooking a bit to freeze some meals for the week.

Hope to get out and walk today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh my goodness tutu no i dont think it will be done soon...but im getting there. At least i have permanent walls, windows and roof now

Monday he comes to finsh sheet rock in exercise room...then that room needs two coats paint, subfloor, floor, and baseboard /trim

Office still neefs baseboard trim

Then to my bedroom that needs a floor and to figure out closet...for two years using eve rt y pridyct i could find and ozon. I cannot get rid of cat urine smell. There was an old lady here with cats andvthey used the closet for litter box i guess

So i am having the guy take down all od the sheetrock and replace it and see if that helps. However....

When he takes down the sheet rt ock he will see the framing in exactly the opposite place in the roof that was leaking. We expect it to be leaking like the otherside cuz it just makes sense...so we shall see

When all of that is doone i plan to go to the bank that has my mortgage and get a loan to get one of those walk in jetted tubs. My brother got one for his wife with ra and they got a doctor note for it and could write it off. On. Taxes

Man...if i had that and could get my sayna working i would be in detox heaven

It will happen. I know it will

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wait a minute...this is exercise thread...tutu asked me a question and i forgot where i was and just rambled on

When i woke this morning i was in really awful pain. Kinda slow start but transplantrd one of rwo butterfly bushes, washed dow office baseboard, watered plants that needef it, tended to my one butternut squash...and i guee thats about it

Imresting now...have to get fixed up soon...going to birthdsy party for the lady that used to let me park the camper in her druveway

Yesterday i went for a drive in the truck and the noise i heard isnt a big dea. Everything he could hear and see in a ten minute drive was fine. I got AAA last night...just in case i break down by the beach...thirty minutes away

And yesterdsy i also

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I cant delete tht ladt line above. Sorry. Have a restful weekend hiker

Kam...i made friends with a local cat today. I patted him and gave him some cream. I already saw him catch one mouse...so i'd love for him to hang out here...but i wont be letting him in the house. I dont need anything messing up the little sleep i get

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to put the sheets in to wash. Put them back in to wash again. wanted to put them in the top loading washing machine so they could soak but someone was using that.

It has been done for some time...pillows etc left in the washer...but even if the person got the pillows, etc out of the washer I wouldn't want to use it.

It left lots of dirt on the drum...

I have bartonella....I guess on my back..so get blood stains on my sheets and clothes that dont' come out.

WAshed a nightgown in cold water along with the sheets and the blood stain came right now...thankfully

but had other pj's that I had soaked in water when I was the blood stain and that didnt' come out even after several washings and scrubbing with stain removers.

I really miss not ahving the health to get things in the wash right away...I don't think I would have this problem

Also able to put the dishes away that the caregiver washed. Need to rewash a few of the items..they stilll have food on them.

Able to fill the sink with the dirty dishes and hot, sudsy water...hoping to wash those dishes soon.

Regrouping after the laundry run.

kam
Member # 3410

Just thinking....about the banana dream....you went banana's over banana's.

I know...not funny.

kam
Member # 3410

OK washed those dishes and scrubbed the pot the caregiver uses to hard boil the eggs out with SOS pad.

I also used the SOS pad on the wall behind the stove...I have been trying to get splatters off of that wall for a while now with different cleaners.

Once I am doing better..I'll take a look and see how I did with the pot and the wall. Kind of out of it right now more than baseline.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam.. you're on a roll!! [Big Grin]

Hiker.. I can imagine your choir because ours is very small too. You would put us to shame. We average 8-12 people.. depends upon our "seasonal" members who belong to two churches.

Everyone says we sound much larger, though. So it's all good.

Our celebration was so awesome. We raised a lot of money even though not many came besides members and all of the people who performed. We had the Country Gospel Music Association there and they sang for hours. (probably 10 singers)

Then two local entertainers who have shows here full time, sang. They were INCREDIBLE. My favorite singer wrote a song for our congregation, as he is best friends with our pastor. It is an AWESOME song.

It was "freezing" out there until about 2pm when it finally warmed up and the wind died down. Gorgeous weather!

I had to stay inside for part of the time to monitor the puppet show someone put on for the kids. It was cute. At least I stayed warm!

As for churches who have outreach, if they don't have outreach, they aren't much use, are they?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking about exercising in dreams...... my hubby says the last while in his dreams he's having to walk so far to get where ever he's going, and he's SOOOO TIRED!

I've been reading, but not taking time to post much - I've been busy canning & freezing... very thankful for the full freezers and jars. We'll have plenty to eat this winter.

Posts: 2285 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement