LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Another Mom died from Lyme Sad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Mom died from Lyme Sad
Annie C
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was her choice. I just learned another Mom took her life due to Lyme and her almost adult children and husband were yelling at her to get out of bed for the last 2 weeks. She just got her IV Picc line in and she was Herxing bad. Not any more she's not. A dark sadness for her children and husband in their home.

I'm not going to give her name out of respect.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad. On her way, but got no help coping with herx. People really need help with herxes.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People can be so cruel. Very sorry to hear that she got no support .. or at least no understanding.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was she on this board? so sorry. even family can be cruelest of all. i know.

wonder how they feel.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is sad. If she was herxing bad, that alone could have sent her over the edge, and to have no family support - that family really should get a talking to re what this was all about - and what about the doctor watching herxing?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sadness will stay with her family forever. We must be careful we never know when our last words are to someone so sick and Herxing. And her sadness leaving. So very sad for her. I know too how family members and even friends. They don't know. Yet still if it were cancer then it's a whole different respect and support. I'll find out if she was a member here. I can ask a moderator. They should know.
We must fight. I have watched Emergence sequel at least 50 times.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

And she received no Love or Hugs or anything.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It was not her choice but the only option within reach. She just couldn't handle it anymore. I absolutely understand that some just can't do it anymore. Still very sad, in so many ways. And it's too bad that lyme & complexities, & lack of respect & abuse from family, toppled her to the breaking point.

Really, what else could she do if she had no help or understanding? We don't have a culture that offers many choices for those too ill to manage. Family members often want to ignore the realities. I have deep empathy for her.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the mother, she should have thrown her kids and husband out once they started abusing her. Her first call should have been to the locksmith. Her second, to her doctor.

NO mother deserves to be yelled at for any reason by her children or her spouse. Mothers put up with WAY too much these days IMO. Poor thing.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 9 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, come upon those in hurt and broken lives and lift them to continue and giving them the courage to reach out for HELP.. so sad, so many that go unknown due to lyme disease.. may God's Grace and mercy find them all.. Amen [group hug]

-

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rest in Peace!

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As the mother, she should have thrown her kids and husband out once they started abusing her. Her first call should have been to the locksmith. Her second, to her doctor.

NO mother deserves to be yelled at for any reason by her children or her spouse. Mothers put up with WAY too much these days IMO. Poor thing."

Agreed, it's very sad. She was probably dependent on them for health insurance and even getting food in the house.

She probably couldn't survive physically without them, but was dying emotionally on the inside.

A lot of people stay in abusive situations for financial reasons. Since she's sick, she probably had no energy to leave.

It's very sad. I hope she's at peace and the family ill LEARN something from this and not just chalk it up to her being crazy or something.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is someone from this board, could someone please PM her lymenet name?

I feel sick we have lost another to this horrible horrible disease and that she had no kindness in her last days.

It's a dark place to be, in the bottom of a herx pit, all alone, not able to see an end to it.

Crying. Very sad.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my........how can this happen.....
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate this disease. What a difference a few kinds words could have made.

So very sad.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm skewed in my version, picturing her running herself completely down while taking care of these grown children and husband, to the point it's ingrained and expected,

them at a loss then while she's in bed and angry about it.
Why else would grown men and adults yell at an ill woman in bed? They wanted taken care of-expected,

and her ridden with the guilt.

Prayers--- God bless------
It can be very hard to 'give oneself permission' to be sick. And those around that person to accept they really are ill.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we know who this mom was -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out after mom died that my sister had screamed and yelled at her many times.

I felt so utterly helpless and furious at my sister. I never treated my mom like that.

now of course she's sorry but hey, she has to live with it, I don't. unfortunately some families will still blame the victim.

remember, death doesn't change a person, it only makes them more of what they really are.

to this day, they still refuse to give me one thing of my mom's.

I hope this family has better luck.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats so horribly sad. This makes me cry and thank God I have my family during this horrible hell.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie C:
her almost adult children and husband were yelling at her to get out of bed for the last 2 weeks.

This is so, so tragic. I cannot imagine having no support from family. Poor woman.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad as it is i can easily empathize with her. For 30 yrs none of my family understood. I think the only friends that understand have lyme. I was suicidal until i could control the nerve pain. I think i was rational and more sane to choose dying than living in so much uncontrolled pain

I dont think she was able to leave and did the only thing she could to get away from the pain

Horrible disease and the fault of evil doers...not mice and deer and ticks fault

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kind of lack of support is common. It doesn't have to be screaming at a sick person, it can be ignoring them, never asking about them. Heartless. Illness is so isolating.

Wondering if it was like this when people were more accustomed to having chronic illness. Although, with all the cancer now and heart disease, alzheimers, it would seem like there ought to be more understanding, not less.

[ 09-13-2014, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes me sick how uncompassionate people are. Herxing brings on such horrible depression. I understand why people kill themselves. Families usually don't understand lyme. It's like anything though, unless someone is experiencing it, they don't really get it.

I agree Lp, it's not the mice, deer or tick's fault. None of them want it either. Humans messed with the ticks and loaded them up with as many co infections they could. This is why we're here fighting this lyme and co infections.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement