LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise--What can you do today? SEPT. 15 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Exercise--What can you do today? SEPT. 15
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Kam is getting ready for camping.

LP is still working on her house.

Have a great week everyone!!

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for starting a new thread! I totally forgot about it! [Smile]

I've done just about nothing today. Having more joint pain today. I think it's because I ate cheese yesterday at hubby's wine and cheese gig.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sore today, too, from lawn mowing yesterday.

Raining today, so I just came home from work and am reading.

Tutu--hope if you indulged in cheese, you indulged in wine. Might as well cheat the whole way! [Big Grin]

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I know better than that! I would feel really horrible then! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I replied to the other thread but it isnt there

It might be my phone...i keep hearing noises like i got calls or texts but nothing there

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been moving a lot more than lyme normal starting last night.

I set up the tent.

So, I will not be on line much I think.

I came home this am as I forgot a few things.

Learned it is 3.5 miles from home and takes me 10 min.

But, I learned from last time that I can't keep going back and forth as it is too much on the health even though it is nto far from home.

I also don't sleep well at the campground. I drink water constantly for some reason...dehydrated constantly.

So, I am guessing that is why i am up and down at least 3 or 4 times at night to go to the toilet.

Running on empty now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Kam--Hope you gain some energy and can camp when you want to. Excited to hear all about it.

We are starting microscope work in my classes which really tired me out. "I can can't get this in focus" is a common phrase. Kids have no patience to keep trying.

Twisted my knee mowing and it is giving me fits, so not exercising today.

Very very toxic. The energy healer thought the parasitic worms were all dead (last Friday) and I am dealing with the toxins they collected. Ugh.

Parent Open House is tomorrow night, so tomorrow will be a very long work day.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worker guy has been here and it is all i can do to stay ahead of him...i cant believe i havent had a heart attack.

Last night neighbors helprd me move elliptical as nd recliner out of exercise room...my friend was here helping me pick out lavendar paint color and then she took the sauna apart and moved it to living room so the worker could finish subfloor

Now hes coming back tomorrow to paint...im glad but i have to wash the ceiling and vacume before tomorrow at nine

I did go buy a mop to wash ceiling with and the paint. But i am beat. Already had 2 hr nap too

I also put the second butterfly bush in the ground while it was raining...no yellow jackets got me but i was very close to their nest-that was my fun for today

I have to keep an eye on temp...some parts of state had frost...mtwashington got a bunch of snow...i have tons of tomatoes on two plants-i might have to cover them

I remember when a kid we would have to pick all the tomatoes before the frost and then mom made fried green timatoes...i dont think i know how to make them tho

Well rest time is over...supper and back to wor. See ya tomorrow.�

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--my mom used to wrap unripe tomatoes in newspaper and put in the basement. They ripened somehow.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes hiker. We did that too

I am so tired...i vacumed but still need to wash ceiling

And wash me...and get food for tomorrow...and sleep

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Why wash the ceiling? Won't it mess up the paint? Seems like it might take a long time to dry properly??

-

I attended a new Bible study today with a friend. Her neighbor is a pastor's wife and she wrote a Bible study and may decide to publish it later. She will hold 3 study groups this week.

We really enjoyed the first lessons!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone!

I have been recuperating after the art show weekend/visit with parents.

boy, an outside show sure is EXHAUSTING!!! putting up tent, taking it down, and my car was packed- looked like Beverly Hillbilies car almost. the drive there and back was a workout in itself. 230 miles each way.

too much work! but I did sell some of my pieces and even was asked to make a collection for a local shop!

yay!

I have been trying to walk every day now. feeling pretty good actually and walking dog also.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lisa--Congrats on a good art show. How wonderful you were asked to make a collection.

So glad you are feeling better.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow lisa sounds great! I was wondering where you were

Tutu i had to wash the ceiling to get it ready for paint...but i dudnt

Neighbor did. And i was suppised to rinse it but couldnt-hands and rotator pain spreading out to whole upper left quadrant-so much pain

Im still beat and just sittung here. Worker rinsed the ceiling then primed the whole room...it will be "butterfly party" purple by the end of the day

The curtains have a light and dark lavender and forest green stenciled on them. The paint color is a shade between the two lavenders...i know it will be a shock to see it on the walls...not antique white or light green

I hope it all comes together. I think i am trying carpet for the first time. It will be greyish and very low nap with felt pad so i can use wc

I think im.just going to nap til he comes back later to finish

Did i tell you my grand daughter wull be one beginning of october? My friend said she would help me drive to the party in nj. Im not sure if we will stay at motel one or two nights. I will have to rent a car. Etta will go to daycare. Its going to be expensuve. But hope i meke it

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker thank you fro starting this weeks thread.

Can't read what others wrote. But, I was able to read maybe 12 pages of Dr. H's book last night at camp.

Rare I am able to read. It was just like it use to be. I understood what I was reading and enjoyed what I was reading.

I am at home now. I have two goals. Get my strength back and lessen the pain.

Camp is still set up at the campground.

But, the sound of the rain on the rain fly was too mcuh. It would be quiet and barely drizzling outside of the tent..but very noisy (sp?) inside of the tent.

Since I was under the trees I assume it also was from the trees dripping on to the tent.

I also am hoping for enough sun to dry things off but looking at weather reports that doesn't look do able.

I was hoping to clean out the tent and put it away.

But, looks like the more realistic goal is to just get strong enough to take it down and then let it dry out in the apartment.

I drove 10 miles up the road this am. I haven't been out that way in a long time as health isn't doing as well as it use to. All the cmap ing areas that werere along the creek crossings are now day use only.

MOre parking lots have been put in with paved asphalt and picnic tables and outhourses.

And you no longer drive thru the creek crossings but there are bridges now.

There is a house along one creek crossing.

They use to have the paved area and with the outhourse and picnic aea across from the house.

Now it is righ tnext to the house....not sure why they did that.

I bet th e home owners were not happy campers.

But, thre are gates to the parking area and the house so the I am guessing the and hoping the homeonwers have the ability to close those gatsea dn lock them if needed.

I have been in an dout of sleep the past two nights while sleeping in the tent...up and down to go to the bathroom too.

It actually is more quiet at home right now than at the camp site.

Due to the sound of th erain on the tent.

So, not sure what today will bring. I plan on laying here a couple of hours and seeing how I do.

I most likely will go back this evening as that is when I usually can move about..in the am and in the evening...

and take down the tent unless it is raining too much.

Temperature wise...all is good.

I am assuming the creeks were dry until last night as they all were barely flowing this am with little water in them.

And it rained all night long. They were all muddy and not clear.

I have not seen them clear in a long time...I assume due to the drought.

When I first moved here I could swim in them and they were clear...well..as much swimming as I could do..a few strokes to the middle of the creek and let it take me down creek a bit and then get out.

I think it is all the same creek..it just crosses the backroads several times.

Took Rosie out to the dirt road outside of one of the towns in the forest 10 miles up the road to let her run while I drove.

She got interested in some smells on some bushes so I pulled over and was watching her.

Then she got in the car.

About that time 3 trucks came by....and I thought the road would be empty..I have been down that road when I first moved here and there isn't anything but forest as far as I could see.

But, guessing there must be people living down some of those roads and they were heading to work this am.

I know at one point along that road there are a lot of mail boxes in a turn out.

I just havne't figured out where all the houses are yet.

It feels good to lie here and type. I am starting to feel a bit more human again.

When I set up the tent I learned it is actually better for me health wise to just set it up myself.

I did a little, rested...thinking thsi is too much I really need help with this...did a little bit more...rested...

Then a neighbor came and helped me set up the poles which took a couple of minutes...can't set up the poles myself....one end always falls down so you need a person at each end.

It took me about an hour and a half to get the tent ready before she showed up.

AFter she left I thought...maybe ti is better the way I did it this time and felt good that I most likely could go and set up the tent on my own and maybe ask someone slee tha tis campign to hold th epoles to get that part of the tent up.

IN the past there have been other people there and it takes too much out of me even though I did do what I could then lay back down and rest and then did more.

It was much more peaceful this way and good to know taht I dont' ahve to have someone be there to set thing sup....I can go when my health is doing OK and then when I get to the point of needing someone to hold the other end fo the pole ask a neighbor.

The camp host at this park has informed me thay can't help by law as someone sued them once.

Maybe they will change their minds or I will have a different camp host.

I also learned to just keep the kitchen in the car. It is less tasking them getting the kitchen out and then having to put it back in the evening as it is bear country and having the food in the car is OK at this campground.

OK not so quiet here now....the neighbors dog is yapping. But, I have my peltor ear muffs on.

I'll take them off in about 10 min....hopefully the dog will be quiet by then....he yaps when the neighbor is getting ready to take him out to the field next door to do his business.

He yaps all the way to the field. And she also is slow moving when it comes to getting the leashes on..sometimes it is 10 min of yapping while she just gets the leashes on.

One more thing. A local hair dresser put on some color on my hair for free yesterday. It is a henna I got from vitacost.

My hair is now purple or lavender..it was supposed to be light brown.

To be honest. I think that is why I was able to read the 12 pages of Dr. H's book. (Just kidding)

But, for some strange reason I really don't mind it. It doesn't bother me as much as having my hair gray.

I like gray on others. I just don't like it on me.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I also was able to stand on my feet and talk to the camp host twice while there and I was able to write the check myself too...thankfully because in the past I have been told they can't write the check either.

The conversation was short..but it felt good to be "normal" for a short time.

His name is Cheyenne I think if I remember right. He also has a handicap pass for campgrounds but I don't recall why or if I even knew why.

kam
Member # 3410

OK Just got back up and was able to clean up in the ktichen a little bit.

A neighbor stopped by and that did me in. We just talked thru the screen door. Her dog does this crying thing...he likes me and Rosie and going for a ride in my car...so he always cry when he seees us.

A german shephard. But, it is too much for my brain.

I'll have to finish up in the ktichen later.

My back also got to hurting too much...chiro asked me when I was there yesterday how my back and neck were doing.

I told her I would try and start to pay attention more to those areas but lately it has been my whole body hurting.

It usually starts with the lower back though...that is what gets to be too much to continue to move and be in the kitchen or on my feet.

Neighbor's air conditioning unit just turned on..ugg...it is under my window so the noise is too much...

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam i read some of your posts and i am glad you were able to read. I know what it is like to love to read and get lost in books and then to not be able to read, rememver or even spell. I remember looking at the word "the" once and thinking it looked so strange...i guess im better niw than i was then

So i came back here cuz i got my blood tests back. They were done last thurs cuz i am having so much fatigue and trouble breathing

So they say i am fine excep high chilesterol and bad ldl

So i have to stop eating red meat(i rarely do), stop eating whole fat dairy(i dont), exercise 3 x a week for 30 min so i dont have a heart attack or stroke

Oh yeah...and take lipitor...the one that put me in a walker for 3-4months...the one my legs have never recovered from

I called and asked them to send me the results...im not even sureif they test thyroid right. Im curious about glucose

But i still dont understand how the testing relates to fatigue-falling asleep during day...and sob when on feet more than 2-3 minutes

I think i will try to walk ten min a day with walker...but i will probably have to wear mask until frost stops the pollen

Then i will try to do it twice a day and then 3 times...and then we'll see

I guess im allowed to eat all the sugar and fat i want as long as it isnt in red meat or dairy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's where doctors get it so wrong. Sugar is a killer. For one thing, it causes inflammation and inflammation is way more dangerous than cholesterol. They are discovering that cholesterol is almost a non-issue.

Stay away from gluten, dairy and sugar.

Have you had an echo-cardiogram any time in the past 2 years?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I think so...i get them every 3 yrs and they are always ok. I also get carotid artery ultrasound and they are ok

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

1:45 pm back at home. it started raining at the camp site.

drove across town and all was dry. it looked like it was going to rain for a while at the camp site.

able to read more pages of Dr. H's book while at the campsite.

Can't read while in the apartment...why? EMF is all I can think of..something in the apartment is effecting my brain.

The sound of the rain on the tent is too much..I brought ear plugs with me but forgot about them when it started raining and instead headed for the car.

I also considered laying in the car when it was raining as it would be quieter there but forgot that too and just headed home.

I think next time it starts to rain I will go to the car or put in the ear plugs for maybe an hour and see how it goes.

Not good for the health driving back and forth.

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...dr h talks about being a detective to try and figure things out in his book.

And how most doctor's don't do that in the 15 min that insurance allows them...they don't get out of the box ...my words not his as far as the box thing.

kam
Member # 3410

I can't be on my feet long and have the fatigue and trouble breathing...I'll let you know what the LLMD says when I am at her office next month.

I will not actually see the LLMD until the 3rd visit so we'll see how things go.

Dr. H talked about glutathione....I have some of that and am scared to take it as it was when I started taking it and two other drops of something that I had the brain herx that was the worse....I was convinced death was the way to go even after it was over with...I never wanted to go thru that again.

The other two were teasel and I can't recall the 2nd.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to a local lake this afternoon to get some water samples to look at under the microscope. Hoping to find some good stuff--algae, protozoa, and worms.

Slipped on the rocks and about broke my neck. I did get the water, but not much moving in it. Very disappointed as the kids love this lab. Maybe some of them will come through with pond water from other sources.

Am sitting in my classroom at 6:30 P.M. getting ready to plaster a smile on my face for Open House.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I dropped the car and walked home with walker and it only took 7min...my breathing wasnt great but the allergy sx were the worsr

Im starting to wonder if i am allergic to some of the new materials going into the house

Im pretty sure we get a good frost friday so i will figure it out

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak... Maybe the off-gassing of the paint is the problem. That's pretty common.

Kam .. Are you going to CA for the LLMD??

hiker.. Very glad you are OK... hope you didn't hurt yourself. Hope the open house goes well too!

It rained quite a bit here today. Glad to see it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

All these producks havent bothered me in the past but they sure are now

I double checked the pollen and it is very low-it might still be on etta tho...shes like one of those micro fiber dust cloths...picks up everything and with all thats going on i havnt been able to give her a barh

The guy comes back today and im really happy to get the work done and i really like him...but it is really wearing me down

Furnitue is pushed up against heater and computer and all of my bedroom so cant use or get what i need and i am walking thru house on paths thru furniture

I decided to put carpet in last two rooms and now im.worried i will react to that

This is almost over and i shouldnt complain...but i do want to get back to sleeping and eating right for awhile so i can handle the t rt ip to nj for babies first bday

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak, good luck with all the painting and stuff. I have half painted rooms that have been on my list. each week I think maybe it will be soon that I can get to that once again.

so much catching up to do with my new energy. yesterday I cleaned out some kitchen cabinets as there were pantry moths, UGH. threw so much away. vacuumed for a while and then needed to rest on sofa.

kam- so glad you were able to read! I know what that feels like. I could not read and /or retain until last month. I hope it sticks. it can feel so closed off when you cannot read.

I feel bad that my daughter had to pretty much be on her own when searching for a college. I couldn't make sense of it all. now I can. feels liberating.

I got a job! well.... it is temp. I get to do some skin modelling for a shopping network. It's called a progressive - when you use a product on your skin for weeks or months and they take before and after shots. the pay is wonderful. I wish is was forever. but the cream smells like glue and is bothering me a little.

I must say, it was nice talking with the people there at the show and having real conversations. making me feel less closed off. I don't know if driving counts as exercise, but the ride there is about an hour long.

I go back in 8 days

my husband wants me to apply for a real job. Filling out the application is scary and the thought of standing to work is scary. I wonder if I can do it

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Day ? of camping Mon, Tues, Wed. thurs Day 4

I slept at home last night. I don't sleep well in the tent. I have to keep getting up to go to the toilet for some reason and the sound of the air brakes on the semi's wake me plus other sounds.

I am hurting all over as if I pulled muscles here and there.

Too weak and fatigured to think

But, I have times like this when I am not camping too.

Took 2 excedrin. Wtg for it to kick in. Then I will load the power chair, put ice in the ice chests and head out to the campground.

My hope is I will be able to clean up the bottom of the tent today some times which means getting on my hands and knees and wiping it down.

That may not be do able. it rarely is.

Sending an email to the caregiver to met me at the tent tomorrow morning for her scheduled time to help me pack up the tent, cot, sleeping bag, etc.

Feeling discouraged about camping now. But, also considering what I need to do in order to be able to get out of the apartment and camp.

The traffic noise is an issue. So, need to find a place where theere is less traffic noise..I know of one place at the same campground and it is also a handicap site.

The draw back on that was it was further to the restroom...but I even used the car this time to go to the restroom instead of my power chair.

My body was in too much pain to get in the power chair and drive across to the restroom...car was more do able...go figure.

OK need to stop. Brain is fading.

kam
Member # 3410

Lisa....good to hear that you can now do some regular human noid things. [Smile]

I doubt I will be able to read when I get back home.

I think the reading thing was just a fluke while i was at the camp site.

Health was at a hirer level for a couple of days But then the sound of the traffic noise at the campground and the sound of the rain on the tent was too much and health went south again.

Sounds like you know you need to adjust to help needs when you look for work.

And yes..driving is exhausting and counts.

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just passing through and thought I would stop and say hello. A big hug to Lymetoo, Kam, Hiker and Kayak! Hope that all is well with you. I am busy, busy, busy .... lyme symptom free for several years now. Sending you all much love and healing! LouLou

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

kam...it might be less emfs at campsite and less noise most of the time that helps you...but im sure youve thought of that

lisa-i hope those products are not toxic...your feeling so good...dont want to go backward

i moved a few light things and am able to get to computer...also i think i can try to redo bottom kitchen cabinets...its nice outside too...we'll see

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

HI, LOU LOU!! [hi] Glad you are doing well!!!

I worry about the chemicals too, Lisa. Hope it's OK.

kayak.. The light at the end of the tunnel!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to carry the two ice chests in and put them away. Resting now then I have the chiro appt in 15 min.

Able to carry the clothing bag and put it in the car.

Able to load power chair and go on the nature trail at the campgrounds.

Slept after that most of the afternoon in between reading one of the paper backs I use to like to read...liverty something...the writer was or is a ranger...sorry..brain can't recall her name.

Not able to picture in my mind when she describes places like I use to but able to read enough to keep reading and be in shock because I am reading.

I know it has something to do with being out of the apartment and in the open ponderosa pine air.

My body also got sun on it today too...don't notice any color but it is good to get sun on it while I was on the cot in the tent.

Still sleepy. Wore ear plugs while at the campground to cut down on the traffic noise.

LisaK
Member # 41384

yes... chemicals. hm. probably. darn. well it pays so much $$. and only for a month. 4 days work, 30 min each day, but must wear the cream every day for the month.

would it really set me back? I have been feeling forgetful today. but I am on a sugar craze! I cannot get enough sugar. bad bad bad.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam .. That is great about the reading! I remember when reading was such a struggle!

I know when I sit outside on my balcony I get really sleepy. I think it's just so relaxing to be in the fresh air.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

I most likely will not be able to read once I leave the campground.

I plan on leaving today. I am home now but will be going back to take down my tent.

It rained last night. I was in and out of sleep. It rained off and on.

OUtside of the tent it is quiet when it is raining. But, inside the tent it is very noisy.

This week is a blur. I do recall being able to drive the 10 miles to Whispering Pines Community and checking out the creek crossings on the way.

I do recall being able to read some which is such a treat.

And going for the cruise in my power chair with the two neighbors from the apartment to walk our dogs on the nature trail at the campground.

And another neighbor helping me put the poles up on the tent.

Health was very inconsistant from the time yesterday to sleeping most of the afternoon away which was kind of nice to that morning have a great amount of fear as health was on the edge and I wasn't doing well enough to know what was going on.

I also recalled using the car to get to the bathroom most of the time as the body was in too much pain to use the power chair.

I was able to get gas yseterday evening.

HOping to take a shower this am and put on clean clothes and get some breakfast and take meds while I am at the apartment.

I am ready to leave the campground but not ready to be here at the apartments.

It is supposed to rain off and on the next few days. WArm and humid out now.

LisaK
Member # 41384

brain acting funny today. attempting to get back to my job on computer today. selling things on line.

I applied yesterday to a store for temp holiday help. I wonder if I can do a 5 hour shift!

maybe they won't even call. I would like to apply to other retailers, but my fear is that if they hire me will I be able to do it?????

how do you know when you are ready to go back into the world as you feel better?

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

OK. Got the camp down....the plan is to get the camping equipment out of the car a little at a time.

The tent needs to be dried and cleaned out.

The tarps need to be showered off and washed (since I dont' have a hose...I am going to try the shower or take them to a car wash or something.

Wondering how long it is going to take me to get things done depending on health.

Able to take a shower this am

It took me about an hour to take down the tent. I did a litttle, laid on the cot to recover, and then did a little more.

That actually works better for me than having someone there to help.

It got complicated once the caregiver came.

She put the dirty tarps in her car which was good.

As I pulled into the parking lot of the apartments, I saw my rain poncho on the ground behind her car..guessing she didn't notice she dropped it when she was getting the tarps out.

I didn't know the rain poncho was wiht the tarps.

I didn't say anything.

She is working graveyard at circle k 40 hours a week plus doing caregiver 35 hours a week.

Not good. I dont' know how long she can do this. She also has health issues.

She has been doing it since she started with me. Not sure when that was.

kam
Member # 3410

Lisa....I don't always trust my brain. But, my plan was to volunteer at first when health is doing well enough to see how that goes.

So far, health hasn't been doing well enough to do that. But, I keep hoping. My health is so unreliable and stamina is so low...not to mention brain stuff. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

I see my post to loulou didn't take..testing 1,2,3
kam
Member # 3410

OK good. I'll be back to catch up on what you all have been up to when able. I can read righ tnow but the pain is too strong to concentrate.
LisaK
Member # 41384

kam, you do so much. good for you!

I understand about the volunteering. that sounds like sensible. I just need money and my husband is pressuring me. I said I am not sure I can do the cash register or whatever. ....that I will mess up, and he asked if I could do at least as well as those already there. well, when I thought about it , it made sense. half the people that work places nowadays are pretty out of it or dipsy or just plain rude. so, maybe I can do it?!

even with my lowered IQ I still have lots of wits left in there. I am just afraid. do I come clean with prospective employers and tell them I am (recovering) lyme person?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, kam!!

Lisa.. I wouldn't tell them. Hope you find something you can do. How about a desk job? Receptionist?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to walk into ma and pa health food store. It might be the last time.

Got a case of the gluten free bread I like. It comes frozen and he said it should last a year.

But, I most likely will use it up in 3 months.

He is selling cases of whatever at his cost plus 15% right now as they close shop.

The bread was the only thing that I could only get there.

need to eat breakfast and take meds next.

It is such a challenge to go into the ma and pa store for me. My brain usually can't help me out while I am there...just being on my feet takes all I have.

I also need to wear my peltor ear protection muffs while there...the highway noise and the sound of the refrigerator cases is too much...brain can't walk and process those noises so need to shut them out so I can be on my feet for 5 or 10 min.

Got some kind of plain yogurt. I haven't tried it before while there also. It is cow milk yogurt.

My lyme doc told me to eat lots of yogurt when I first saw him many years ago.

But, not the kind that has the fruit mixed in...too much sugar.

But, then I read that cow's milk is not good for us so haven't done cow's milk in a while. I hope it works out.

Looks like that is what is for breakfast once I recover and get up again.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam...and lisa...i did the volunteer thing hoping i would soon be able to work part time but it didnt happen

One volunteer thing was running a lyme support group one evening a month...it wore me out! And i couldnt make it two of the tweve times so i figured that really wasnt successful

The second thing was reading to k-1 students to guve teacher a chance to work one on one with others. That never happened cuz i could nrver find parking close enough to walk or a school without stairs

The ladt job i did was sitting on a stool at a reastaurant taking cash. Turned out my brain could do it but my hands had so much pain from it. And one time was almost a disaster when i messed up supplements and had the big D when working...omg...close call

I did train to work at convenience store but i had a really hard time learning all cigarettes, beer and lottery. I wasnt very confident and they wanted me to sign a paper if i sold to someone under age...even if it was fake id...i would take the blame and might go to jil. Gees. Forget it. I walked away from that

I think what you can do for work with lyme is very individual based on sx

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oops...this is exercise threa. Forgot where i was. I woke up todsy with no workers coming-first day in 3...ahhhh. they are really nice but having them really wears me out

I figured out the allergy part of my reason sx is from materials in house...he sawed outside but walked in and ot a million times so livingroom and hall are full of the dust

I still javent cleaned that up cuz last night i cleaned the room itself and started paintung subfloor with a sealer...i dont want that dust to make it up thru the rug

Today i had a bunch of errands to do so did that and also phone calls and i am back now but just want to veg out

So here i be! Maybe i can find a good movie. I feel like im ready for a nap

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

kayak...it is good you tried. We don't know what we can or can't do sometimes until we try.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

All in all, it sounds good, kayak and kam! I didn't do very much today. I didn't go out. My friend came over for a bit this afternoon to bring me my copy of the new Bible study we are doing.

The lady who wrote the study lives across the street from my friend. So now I have to get busy reading and answering the questions.

OH... I did wash some sheets and some other clothes.

Tomorrow we will have choir rehearsal. That's always fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

No mivie for me...i painted some more of the room and took etta out to ryn a little

Its chilly and im hearing critters in the walls and they should not be there. I am paying that pest company so much and they dont seem to help

Imalso very sickfrom allergy since i shut door. I have to vacume and sdust and mop in here

Tons of laundry too

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Call that pest company, kayak!

Hope you get some good rest tonight!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

TGIF--Kids did not nice job with the pond water lab today. Saw lots of microscopic critters in the water. Who knew so much diversity is in the ponds and lakes around here--including microscopic worms--ugh!

No papers to grade today. Came home and did some cooking and went grocery shopping.

Am vegging out tonight.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like great fun!! I love looking in microscopes.

We never had days of no grading in elementary school. That would have been heaven to me! However, we often saw movies on Fridays and that would give me a bit of time to get lesson plans done or a few papers graded.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

OK Took Rosie out in the dark to do her business. Need to go back and pick up poop at some point this am.

Took tarps out and tried to shake some of the forest off of them. They also are still wet.

Hung them over the 4 ft fence that is around the air/heating units under my window.

Started to take one tarp to the launry room but got as far as the hallway door.

Took 2 excedrin. Now, hoping to be able to do a few things this am, resting in between.

Cat is really annoying this am so health must not be doing as well as i think it is. Just got up to let her back in the apartment. She is in and out in the am.

Little to no patience this am. No patience this am. Warm and humid but able to have windows open.

Sound of neighbors air conditioning unit is too much this am.

pressure in brain too. Did not have that while camping...but also did not sleep thru the night while camping so thinking it might have something to do with sleep stuff.

kam
Member # 3410

OK getting up now to put cushion back on small power chair and hopefully get one tarp to the laundry room to be washed....maybe two
kam
Member # 3410

I knew i was able to do something else this am but just know remembered....finally able to get the 3 small trash cans back into the front room, bathroom and bedroom.

They have been under the kitchen sink for about a couple of weeks now.

caregiver just ignores them for some reason even though i have them on the list to empty and put back.

LisaK
Member # 41384

started cleaning house for people to come next weekend for son's 16th burthday.

it will mostly be putting stuff away and sorting paper mountain in kitchen.

pulling some weeds this morning too.

I think the job might be a bust. I forgot that my hands are not good for repeated action very long. hm. if they call then I give it a shot. i'd love to just sit and create art all day, but you gotta pay for supplies!

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

OK Got the tarps in the washer. One still outside drying. Not sure if I will wash it out just shake it off...it is the tarp i put under the tent.
kam
Member # 3410

Tarps are now hanging over 4 ft fence around air conditioning units under my window

Got the dry goods basket out...but had to take several other things out in order to get to it first.

Dumped those things on the floor in the front room...not much floor space here so need to get them up when possible so i can use power chair to go in and out.

Brain is flaring up...sound of air conditioning unit running while I was trying to do this was too much and I didn't hink about putting ear protection muffs on until i laid back down

body in a lot of pain..got to the point i can't think but that is normal

cat wants back in now..she went out when i went out to the car so need to get back up and let her in...then i'll rest.

kam
Member # 3410

not able to boil water to make tea while i was camping....one of these times I will be able to do so.

I need to down size. Most of the kitchen stuff I don't use when there.

Need to spread tent out to dry also when able.

kam
Member # 3410

need to also get the forest floor swept up that is on my bathroom floor.

And on the patio and handicap ramp

kam
Member # 3410

Made a pitcher of the lemon drink...thought I didn't ahve the ingredients yesterday and needed to go to store first.

But, made it this am. Didn't realize the ingredient i was missing was the cucumber until just now as i typed this out. That is OK . I can do without it.

kam
Member # 3410

every thing is flaring up. Need to lay here and regroup

7:45 am Wondering how long it will take.

kam
Member # 3410

got back up and checked the tarps to see if they were dry...almost..and it is hot out there..too hot.

got a few more things out of the car. 9:30 am

needed to veg again

kam
Member # 3410

trying to go thru and catch up on the posts I missed.

Can't recall who posted it but my MIL made fried green tomatoes from her garden. I tried making them a few times and it just wasn't the same.

Not sure how to do it either.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam. I give you a lot of credit. Everything is so hard but you just keep on keepin on. It was me that wanted the fried green tomato recipe. I'll google it if i get desperate. My maters are still ok-i covered them that bad night and no more scheduled for awhile

My zinnias bit the dust tho...they were beautiful

Oh and i have to give you guys a laugh if you can picture this. The woodchuck i am having trouble with is very persistant. After he ate my brussel sprouts i put a long skinny rag soaked in ammonia around the plant on the ground...the first night he stayed away...the second night he moved the rag awa!

Then last night at dusk i was washing dishes and looking at my
brocolis and two califlowers that are left and i saw a strange showdow in one of the califlowers and it was him...not next to it...in it...he was up in the leaves eating my beautiful head of califlower!

I tried to take a pic but he heard me scream and ran away

so after cleaning most of the day and while i was trying to settle
down to sleep the new groin/hip nerve pain started real bad

I had to take extra neurontin...the highestdose i am allowed and it worked...i slept over 12 hrs but even after eating and taking morning meds i am slow and dizzy...thats wht neurontin does to me. I wont drive til after supper to do a few errands

I know it is dust from.construction that is mking me really sick with allergies so i am prioritizing cleaning whole house and sealing the sub floor. I vacumed as much as i could without moving furniture, have laundry going, did dishes, gave etta a bath and started collecting papers that are everywhere. I didnt know they sent the water bill now they are turning it off. I also didnt know how much i owe pharmacy so they stopped sending my regulr meds as nd two of them i really need

So as soon as the dust is controlled as much as it can be i really have to fund and pay bills

I have about half hour of painting and first coat will be on subfloor...im going to roll second coat. After Using the brush i have to wrap my wrists in ice for hours

The babies bday is two weeks from.today...im anxious about going and anxious about my son yelling at me if i dont go

With all this money stuff imnot sure i can afford it. Ettas board, rental car, two nites motel, etc...

Im so sick and tired right now imjust thinking if i cant i cant-thats it and he wull have to deal with it.

I didnt walk yesterday so i am supposed to today. I think i'll wait til later. Im in painting clothes now...later when i can druve i will walk and go get one more gallon paint

See you all later

[ 09-20-2014, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didn't get to walk today. husband took my car and it's 90 so maybe I can walk later. rats...I've made it every day.

[ 09-20-2014, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: randibear ]

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

able to put the dishes away from Friday and unpack some of the dry good things from camping.
kam
Member # 3410

randibear..i wondered how you were doing with the walking. good to see you posting here
kam
Member # 3410

i have the constant pressure in my brain. I miss being at the campground where I did not have that.
kam
Member # 3410

kayak...you mean you didn't open up the fast food stand for the woodchuck??? [Smile]

yep. Video's of that would have been a winner on the video show on TV

hiker53
Member # 6046

Drove an hour to see my friend's daughter play in a volleyball tournament. Inbetween matches they blast the music in the gym and I had to leave.

Ate lunch on my friend's patio and had a nice chat. Drove the hour home and just made it before the wicked thunderstorm hit.

I will not be walking today. Off to church tonight.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cute story, kayak! [Smile]

hiker.. Next time, take earplugs!

kam.. Hope the neighbor's AC goes off soon!

Nice weather here. Finally got my new patio chairs on the balcony. Thanks, hubby!

If you need any patio chairs, Target has some on sale. Got 'em half price.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Uh oh...i didnt do my exercise walk. I shopped in two stores and painted half hour. Still have tto paint again at 9. Then tomirrow do whole second coat. Its the painting that is hurting my hips/groin. I might use roller tomorrow...hopefully that wont hurt so much

Hope i dont fall asleep before 9

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Uh oh...i didnt do my exercise walk. I shopped in two stores and painted half hour. Still have tto paint again at 9. Then tomirrow do whole second coat. Its the painting that is hurting my hips/groin. I might use roller tomorrow...hopefully that wont hurt so much

Hope i dont fall asleep before 9

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement