LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Update on Yolanda Foster

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update on Yolanda Foster
tarkay
Member # 38213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://ktla.com/2014/12/04/yolanda-foster-reveals-if-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-is-scripted/
Posts: 11 | From MN | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, she's been to nine different countries trying to get better. Love her, thanks for posting!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

Gotta love her and we will be following her through her ordeal. Hopefully we can learn something new?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope she's not chasing a pipe dream and harming herself.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yolandymies are proud of her everywhere & we hope she finds a cure. We also hope that the public, medical, & scientific communities see that Lyme can be CHRONIC.

She spends most of her days IN BED & was in South Korea getting stem cell therapy. Fingers crossed.

http://2paragraphs.com/2014/12/yolanda-foster-undergoes-experimental-stem-cell-therapy-in-korea/?se_id=

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

“I am about 70% on a good day,” Foster said while visiting KTLA 5 Morning News last week, adding, “So I still spend most of my days in bed. When I wake up in the morning my only mission is to find a cure for this disease.”

This is not the first time Yolanda has traveled for treatment. She has been battling this illness for about three years, and she has always been willing to try different treatment options.

“I’ve been to nine different countries trying to find a cure. I very much respect Western medicine but I’m also very much open to everything holistic and everything in between,” Foster said, adding, “And so I continue to travel and try to find answers for this. Not just for me but for the hundreds of thousands out there stuck in their homes and not able to live.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1664161/rhobh-star-yolanda-foster-deals-with-drunk-daughter-dui-and-days-in-bed/#HbAohojpzFyR4x2z.99

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how to get in touch with her to tell her she might have an untreated Filarial Worm Infection found by Burgdorfer? She probably needs antiparasitics and doesn't know that parasites can be a co-infection.

www.lymephotos.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Be one of the first ones to respond to her on twitter & she may see it.

Meanwhile, our girl was down.

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member Yolanda Foster was reportedly hospitalized, struggling with a “very serious relapse” having to do with her Lyme disease condition."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1704487/yolanda-foster-suffers-very-serious-relapse-of-lyme-disease/#zv3KDdAPZ11LlIRw.99

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. I hope she finds her answers.

I am glad she is out there with this so people see.

I pray she can fight it

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer (hospitalized).

I hope she finds Lymenet. So much info here.

Hang in there Yo, we are all pulling for you!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

NEWS FLASH UPDATE.....

"Yolanda Foster Shares Heartbreaking Statement: ‘I Have Lost The Ability To Read, Write, Or Even Watch TV’"

http://www.inquisitr.com/1757881/yolanda-foster-shares-heartbreaking-statement-i-have-lost-the-ability-to-read-write-or-even-watch-tv/#Eqqb0kxF4IZhor2s.99

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just dont get why she isnt hooked up with good llmd

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

-
Me either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that! She doesns't need to travel to any other countries for good treatment! The best LLMD's by far are here!!! Why the heck is she trying all of this other stuff? Sigh.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Have no idea .. poorly advised.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she has seen that many docs in 3 yrs she doesnt understand lyme. She wants a quick fix and that isnt gonna happen. In some ways its good for this to be visable bu in some it isnt

A quick fix doesnt happen except to those few who get good tx immediately after infection

I left my first llmd after a year becsuse not much progress was being made. But the second onevi was with a year. He would have tried more tx but with my genes and sx we agreed it was probably permanent damage that would need sx forever....more lme tx wouldnt help

I just feel like anything she says isnt real. If she really believes what she is doing will help...she doesnt undstand lyme

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how long she did IV meds? I saw in a different article she had had a port and was curious, since she later relapsed. .
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know, CFIDS .. I wonder if she's been treated for bartonella or babesia?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is apologizing on her blog because she can't keep up and she takes a dig at the FDA.

"It feels like someone came in and confiscated my brain and tied my hands behind my back to just watch and see life go by without me participating in it."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/yolanda-h-foster/yolanda-i-would-like-to

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please comment on this highly critical article about Lyme Disease and Yolanda Forster. This is the third article published by the Daily Beast that literally mocks Lyme Disease and patients that have it.

This is an opportunity to make our voices heard in mass and drown out the IDSA:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/21/real-housewife-fake-disease.html

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

-
Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

Poor thing. She must be listening to the wrong docs. I hope she finds Lymenet soon.

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Blast away girl, blast away!!!

'RHOBH' Yolanda Foster blasts those who question her Lyme disease

http://www.examiner.com/article/rhobh-yolanda-foster-blasts-those-who-question-her-lyme-disease?utm_content=buffer47514&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"but she doesn't look sick"... I wonder how many time SHE has heard this?!

I wish I could call her and tell her things that will help.

sigh

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Me too, I am so tempted to make a video directed at her.

Look at Dr. C's(NY)response to Yolanda...I love it!!!

I am telling you guys, if Kim or Khloe Kardashian ever get it, it will propel this disease to new fronts.

http://linkis.com/danielcameronmd.com/Ilgh6

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Lymedin2010,

Thanks so very much for Dr. C's article. Just want to put that link here again to be sure no one misses it:

http://linkis.com/danielcameronmd.com/Ilgh6

Reality star Yolanda Foster shines spotlight on Chronic Neurologic Lyme disease - by Dr. C

Excerpts:

. . . Since Yolanda went public, several Lyme disease patients have shared their own personal struggles with neurologic symptoms . . . .

. . . I find it hard to believe that 25 years after Chronic Neurologic Lyme disease was first described, the medical community can doubt Yolanda when she writes,

“I have lost the ability to read, write, or even watch TV, because I can’t process information or any stimulation for that matter.”

What she is describing, is what has been described in the medical literature over and over. I have written several papers addressing the severity of chronic Lyme disease in patients, which includes neurological impairments.

We need to move on from denying that Chronic Neurologic Lyme disease exists to discussing what can we do about it.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

is chronic neuro lyme same as disseminated encephalitis?

I totally get yolanda's plight. same thing happen(s) to me. people just dont get it that you can't read or stand stimuli.

this rocks their world and they can't handle that. and a lot of that is the fact that it isn't out there and talked about enough.

look how much that challenge - ice bucket- did for ALS. I thnk it was dumb and don't believe in the research personally behind MOST of the disease type awareness programs, but it did sure get the pot stirred.

maybe we should do somehting like that for lyme???????????????????????????

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Lisa,

"disseminated encephalitis" can be from various factors. Lyme is one.

Basically, though, chronic neurological lyme can cause encephalitis but more often a chronic Encephalomyelitis which can be more subtle but missed still by many doctors who are not LL

Chronic neurological lyme covers all the symptoms & effects one could / would / might experience. A good LL doctor would know how that affects the brain and then, with each individual patient, work with them for what they need.

Also keeping in mind lyme rarely travels alone.

Many with chronic neurological lyme have been previously misdiagnosed with CFS. In Europe & Canada, that is called ME, myalgic encephalomyelitis which better explains it. Still, while some doctors think an encephalomyelitis is POST infection . . . they miss the boat when they don't acknowledge CHRONIC infection.

Basic definitions, not taking into account lyme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalomyelitis

Encephalomyelitis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis

Encephalitis
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Funny you should mention ME/CFS, as I have talked with some of those people & I listed most of my symptoms & some are reporting 75% of my symptoms.

Some of the symptoms are very particular like tremors, muscle twitches, exercise intolerance, and sporadic shortness of breath, which don't happen with many diseases.

I am telling you that the ability to see the spirochetes under a microscope is HUGE & I hope you guys can see the monstrosity of this and how it can vindicate us???

If many of us look at our blood and make a video stating our symptoms & what we see under a microscope it will catch on & put them to shame. Imagine all those videos on stand by for the next celebrity wave.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Peter Kemp has checked many ME/CFS blood in a support group of his & guess what he finds in their blood? The same thing that he finds in his blood & the same thing that I find in my blood.

I am telling you guys, THIS IS HUGE!!!!!

http://counsellingme.com/microscopy/MeetingMicroscopy.html

These video clips are from an experiment in which 11 friends provided a tiny amount of fingertip blood on a microscope slide. All donors were met through patient support groups and have chronic illness.

8 of 11 have been ill for 20 years or longer.
9 have been diagnosed with M.E. or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

10 of 11 had negative NHS tests for Lyme borreliosis - one was not tested.

9 had private tests that were positive.
These eleven donors represent a total of 235 years of illness and 170 years of lost productivity.

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are those little things flipping around in the background?
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the third article written by Dr. Saunders and published by The Daily Beast that is promoting misinformation about Lyme Disease and Yolanda Foster.

Please place your comments using the link below and let the public know the score. Help educate the public. We need to push back against the IDSA.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/21/real-housewife-fake-disease.html

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Abx, something is up with the page. it wont load the comments.

probably shut down???

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if I had her financial means, I would go see Dr K in the north west US.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Lymetoo, I'm thinking the same thing (maybe she hasn't been treated for babs, bart and other co infections).

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I gather this will be a long & ongoing thread?

"Yolanda Foster Bashing Doctor-Author Forgot To Research Lyme Disease (Part One)"
http://invisiblylymemontana.com/2015/02/01/yolanda-foster-bashing-doctor-author-forgot-to-research-lyme-disease-part-one/

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

"Yolanda Foster has been battling Lyme disease for a few years now and losing brain function has really changed her life in a terrible way. The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills star posted an update on Instagram on Monday morning, and her message was heartbreaking for so many of her fans who have been hoping and praying that her recent treatments would get her to a better place.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1808096/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease/

lpkayak
Member # 5230

This is not the kind of publicity that will help us. If her husband is suppirtive not sick and i assume intelligent why doesnt he get her to a real llmd

Its just plain stupid to think you can get better from lyme complex in a few weeks. Shes been fughting this two years. Shessick...but whoever is taking care of her should know by now who the best llmds are

--------------------

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree kayak. She has the means to see the best of them. WTF is in Singapore that she can't find here?
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Her husband is very supportive, but I think they are still primarily listening to western medicine docs (big mistake), and she is just trying some alternative things.

People are so often swayed by docs they trust towards whatever treatments their docs believe in. Maybe her favorite doc is not in favor of ILADS docs, Doc H, Dr K or anyone else and has warned her to stay away from them. Try convincing anyone to see a lyme literate doc, it's tough, especially since mainstream docs think they're lyme literate (not).

Her best friend is very sick and deteriorating too (think it's ALS, not sure though). I remember seeing a piece where she said they liked to hike together. It still sounds like the dots have not been connected here for her best friend. Maybe bestie went to the same doc she's seeing? Maybe they believe the western blot is accurate, even though we all know it's not.

Yolanda has the money and the means to keep looking for answers. Let's hope she finds them. She's such a good person. I'm hoping she will start to google or search for more info soon.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its really sad. The longer she waits the harder it will be to get better

On a positive note: earlier in this thread dr C made a really good statement

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

If you are not a thread follower or people listener, it is hard to know what to do. Not all people are willing to share info & accept advice publicly.

I am sure many people are pulling her in all directions, but the reality is that no one knows what to do for sure.

Look at me, I only had a few symptoms & there was no way any doctor or I could say for sure it was Lyme. Even with two of the best LLMDS, I only continued to get more & more Lyme symptoms, but at least I now know (with all the issues I now have) that it is indeed Lyme.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Yolanda Foster Is a "Warrior," Will "Beat" Lyme Disease, Husband David Foster Says

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yolanda-foster-is-warrior-will-beat-lyme-disease-david-foster-says-201572#ixzz3RBBFnRWj
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yolanda-foster-is-warrior-will-beat-lyme-disease-david-foster-says-201572

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

"Yolanda H Foster is a Genius suffering from Lyme Disease. Within Yolanda's medical records are a treasure trove of information. Her charts span the globe and reflect back an international view on the

testing and treatment of Lyme Disease. She has willingly made herself a test subject for the Lyme community and shared her journey. Within her records are blood tests and proof that Lyme is not only persistent, but extremely difficult to treat.

Her case, if published, could enlighten the medical community, Worldwide."

-

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Lisa,

The link is still working and open for comments. I just tried it:

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Still open for comments to voice your opinions and comments:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement