LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Kardashians get Lyme Disease?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kardashians get Lyme Disease?
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I am watching the video & see them walking on the shaded grass, my Lyme experience couldn't help but wonder if one of them would get bit. A few minutes later this scene comes up & the I knew it spark breaks out in me!

Could be an infection in the making & we shall see what happens. Check out the video of Khloe Kardashian getting bitten by a tick at the Hamptons.

Imagine if one of the ticks get into their scalp & hairs & they never see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC4xmVmqUyg

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
the Kardashians have plenty of money for the best diagnostics & treatment, not worried about them.

They certainly have advisors who will educate them on this matter. They are excellent business people, after all. They should know how to protect themselves, all the way around.

I'm much more worried about all the plant / lawn care workers and field / orchard / livestock workers - everywhere.

It does not sound very responsible to be letting a tick crawl on them without taking the opportunity to use it as a teaching moment for their viewers - for them to set a good example on what to do, what to avoid.

They could have used their program for some real life-saving education.

No one can possibly be living (even if just for the summer) in the Hamptons and not be educated in the basics about ticks. I don't see how that would be possible.

But I am assuming that anyone who "moves into" a neighborhood might actually talk with and get to know the neighbors and the "lay of the land" quite literally. I would expect even summer visitors to get to know the people in the community.
-

[ 12-17-2014, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I know...it's the Kardashians...they will be their silly selves.

The few clips before the tick bite they went to the store & even bought tick repellent and Khloe knew & was scared about ticks.

This is not about the silly things they do or our love to mock them. If one of them were to get sick, I would imagine it would bring a lot of media coverage and maybe some more Lyme awareness.

They are one of the most watched & monitored families, imagine the media coverage? It would be like one of them getting AIDS!!!!

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine that - they're on the internet home page everyday!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Think they would convey the message in a way that the CDC / IDSA could understand?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She said it was "barely in there" .. but Khloe said she had been itching all day.

We'll see.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaZ4456
Member # 44080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaZ4456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a tick that was "barely in there" and barely on for a half hour and itching and BOOM a month later I felt like I was on a horrible acid trip for a few months. But who knows she may get lucky and nothing will happen.
Posts: 24 | From atlanta | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if she gets it I hardly think it would be to the degree that the normal joe public would care about anyway. everyone thinks lyme is easily curable and it would be in this case which would prove to give us nothing in the terms or exposure to the truth.

just my opinion.

we need sick sick sick famous people. not kinda sick. sorry to even think that, but until OPRAH gets it and is in a hospital with palsy or loses 150 pounds and in a wheel chair- life will go on as usual out there!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I don't wish this disease on anyone or even my worst enemy, but if there was anyone to get it I would nominate Kim Kardashian.

Am I bad for this?

The show looks for drama & lives off of it from season to season. The cameras will be all over this & they have the voice to spread the word. It took celebrities to get HIV/AIDS for people to start realizing that it can happen to anyone.

Once you realize this, then it is a matter of wait for the perfect celebrity to wake up the public & in return pump more awareness & monies into studies and research.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yolanda Foster is very ill ... just because someone famous gets lyme doesn't mean everything will change. The IDSA is STILL STUPID.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh please. These no-talent, exhibitionist *****$ are the LAST people I would want representing those of us who are very ill with chronic Lyme Disease.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Is Yolanda really VERY ill? She looks okay & I thought not 100%, but not very ill? Any current news or clips where she talks about her current condition & with detail?

So I just looked up Yolanda's twitter account & she has 376K followers, meanwhile Kim Kardashian has 26.5 MILLION. Regardless of what we think of Kim, I think if she had Lyme, she would bring more attention.

Most people don't care about the details of Lyme, like we do. They would be startled enough to know that she has it & it would arouse their suspicion enough to at least look it up.

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, but that'll be the day when I need some fat-a$$ed, no-talent, exhibitionist *****lbrity representing me or my family in any way, shape or form.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know "how ill" Yolanda is .. She just got back from stem cell therapy in South Korea.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The banter on this thread has been hilarious!! I need the laughs.

I do sincerely hope Yolanda gets well. But she sure has brought much more of an awareness. Likewise for some of the other famous persons with Lyme disease.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a Kardashian would get it, it would surely be "shown."
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Well, I would be very upset if anyone else contracts lyme, whether famous or not.

While there is a lot of confusion and drama wrapped up in the Kardashian escapades, I have no doubt they have resources to the very best of the best with assessment and possible treatments.

There is also the presumption that if "just the right voice, right personality" would get gravely ill and prove that lyme is devastating that the powers to be would listen.

Many have shared their horrendous experiences and it has not really helped in all the ways we had hoped or need. One more famous person with a loud voice is not going to do it.

And how is it we think they would WANT to be put on the lyme disease speakers' bureau, anyway? Or that they would understand it, in all its complexities that take years to manifest in some?

And, as is the case now and then someone famous does get diagnosed with lyme and gets treatment that works for them, well, and they get well. So they don't understand how it could any different for others (thinking here of one NY Legislator).

We have to stop hoping for a savior of sorts - someone with the perfect key (whatever that is) to capture attention - while still keeping hope that all the voices already calling for a change will be heard.

There is nothing wrong with the current volume level or content of the current message - it is real & raw and each person ill deserves proper attention.

With every message there is the sender and the receiver. And there is content and some desired effect (whether that be action or understanding).

But something so terribly wrong with the "receivers" (IDSA, CDC, NIH, state governments that block treatment for chronic lyme, doctors who won't learn) being unwilling, having severed their lines of communication.

We do not need more to become ill. We don't need more messages (as that just means more getting so very ill).

We need the broken receivers to be repaired, replaced.

Aside from that, for prevention, we can use more voices . . . better education. That is best coordinated from one of the excellent groups doing that now, such as the LDA, LymeDisease.org, and the other groups Yolanda Foster is connected with, etc.

No one need become ill to lend a hand, or a voice.
-

[ 12-17-2014, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
might be cruel but hey who cares?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Quote: "might be cruel but hey who cares?" (end quote)

"Who cares?"

1. Is that actually a question as to who cares if someone whom we see as privileged gets a terrible disease in hopes they will prove something to the rest of the world about it?

Stating some outcome "might be cruel" but not caring? How is that possible?

Well, I care. Big time.

Privileged or not, it's a terrible thing to wish upon another.

"Who cares?"

2. That is pretty much the attitude of the IDSA, CDC, NIH and the leaders of too many states' medical boards (regarding lyme & tick borne disease).

Is that the company in which we want to place ourselves?

I'd like to think not.
-

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look. I feel sorry but hey they have a fortune. are they promoting lyme, trying to educate others, donating to lyme charities.

we all have our problems but I'm out of sympathy for the poor kardas...

ok I'm cruel thoughtless and mean. right now I can live with it.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
A question of excess that could be better placed to as you say, educate and support the solid lyme charities?

Good point, indeed.

Still, and I know this feeling has washed over me a time or two when faced with the kinds of misunderstanding from friends / family and

most certainly with the sheer medical abuse from many (dozens) of doctors over the decades.

Still, I just hope this will not harden our hearts to such an extent that we wish them a cruel lyme / TBD experience

rather than hope others learn more - and those who are able - to join in change.

I do hope many will WANT to learn more and join to participate in ways that might actually matter - & to support those already on the front lines.

They need not be struck down to do this, however. These are real people, too, not matter how glitzy a persona their business has them manufacture.

Yet, they (or others) need not be in the spotlight, either. Quiet support matters, too. Bursting onto the scene can backfire.
-

randibear
Member # 11290

I dont mean to sound so bad. maybe it's just overload from kim behavior and all.

believe me if I had their money I'd be screaming at the media and everyone else about lyme.

I mean look at the wonderful danny thomas who founded st judes. a gifted talented compassionate man. he gave hope to others.

even amy tan. paula abdul has rsd and has talked extensively and helps others.

michael with Parkinson's.

sadly I don't expect much from that family. too much negative publicity.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You make some good points and have some excellent examples of some who have put effort into to create awareness / change for the better.

I just hate to see what this illness has done to us - on so many levels. I just hope it does not also strip us of one core value: wishing good health for everyone, no matter their position in life.
-

randibear
Member # 11290

I think if God has granted you a marvelous life then you should share it with others. caring for those who have less. I know many who do this.

I've seen people give their only winter coat to a woman at walmart. saw a man pay for an elderly couple's prescriptions when they had no money. saw a woman pay for a grandmother's meal at mcdonalds when she was counting change for a simple hamburger

these acts of kindness take more courage, faith, and love for another than it does to lead their opulent lifestyle.

you're absolutely right tho. but I expect more of those others.

--------------------

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
I think if God has granted you a marvelous life then you should share it with others. caring for those who have less. I know many who do this.

I've seen people give their only winter coat to a woman at walmart. saw a man pay for an elderly couple's prescriptions when they had no money. saw a woman pay for a grandmother's meal at mcdonalds when she was counting change for a simple hamburger

these acts of kindness take more courage, faith, and love for another than it does to lead their opulent lifestyle.

you're absolutely right tho. but I expect more of those others.

Very well said, randibear!

Yeah, it seems like these things usually happen to the less fortunate to begin with. I can think of many people in my community that would be in a much better position to handle something as tragic as the debilitation from these diseases....

They have the resources, support network, and credibility that someone like me does not have to get treatment for themselves and for their children if they were sick. I came from a very disadvantaged background that I had no control over, and have had to make good and right choices all my life to get where I am/was and to have what I HAD. I have had a very small and weak support network and family all my life, and certainly never had resources.

Some people have support, family, and resources just handed to them, and would be more able to deal with the devastation to begin with.

When the disadvantaged get sick with a mysterious physical disease/condition they get labeled much more quickly, and lose any credibility they may have seemed to have.

When Bill Gates or someone like that gets sick like us, then people will believe it, and the cogs on big-time research machinery will begin to turn.

It's just too bad so many disadvantaged and innocent people and children have to continue to suffer.

beaches
Member # 38251

In my opinion, the ONLY way to effect change is by many, many people speaking out, writing letters, lobbying politicians.

And this is exactly what is happening in New York. Hopefully, the grassroots effort is effective. If not, time for Plan B, whatever that might be.

To everyone thinking all we need is some "lyme" saviour, kiss that idea goodbye. It has never been realistic. Think about it. There's no saviour for pancreatic cancer, for example. Very few diseases have a face to them. In fact the only face who comes to mind is Jerry Lewis for MS.

As for the "haves" and the "have nots" diseases do not discriminate. You could consider me a "have not" but the one thing I've always had is my voice and my words. It hasn't ever cost me a penny to use either one, except for postage.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Right now we are fighting for believability. To be more effective QUICKLY, it will mean more people will have to get sick & more people in power & influence will have to get sick. That is just the bottom line.

AIDS/HIV did not hit home (to me & many others) until the celebrities started to get sick. Mentally, one relates celebrity illness with statistical outcomes (automatically). If many celebrities get sick, then in many people's minds they are more "likely" to "catch" the disease because it is more prevalent.

The less people affected, the less anyone is willing to give it any attention & research and that is the bottom line. The more of an issue something is the more attention & the more resources and monies toward that cause.

We all know that Lyme will only increase & that people will get infected, regardless if we had the BEST awareness and education. People will get it regardless if we want them to or not.

I would not feel the same way about the Kardashians as I would toward Debbie Gibson or Yolanda. I guess it is their frivolous, posh, and media seeking life styles that intrinsically makes me feel this way. Emotions are not switches, they just are.

randibear
Member # 11290

well leave it up to me to call it as I see it....

if y'all want an opinion just ask....lol

--------------------

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim Kardashian was dx with psoriasis in 2011. Wonder what else is the underlying problem in this autoimmune condition.

As an aside note, I don't wish this disease on anyone.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Poor gut health is part of psoriasis. Me thinks she drinks too much!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I'll take the honesty any day Randibear.

Her mom also admitted that she has psoriasis & it might be genetic, who knows?

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
So many conditions that some think just are genetic or "just runs in the family" can be due to the same environmental / nutritional / behavior factors, too.
-

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it takes masses of people to get things done- in most situations, and I think 75% of population will have to be really sick for this to happen with lyme

like I said, if Oprah had it that would be different. and FTR I am not wishing it on anyone.

not even my worse nemesis.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

With you randibear. Who cares? Honestly, I couldn'f care less about the kar-trash-ians or any other celebs.

We are our own heroes as far as I am concerned. I have been an activist for my children for years.

There were no "celebs" or movie stars who led the way for me. I did what was necessary and appropriate to the best of my ability.

The best way to effect change at the state level is to act as one within a group- ie, write your own letter as part of a campaign.

I guess you could deduce that the last person anyone would want to mess around with would be a mother of a child sick with Lyme. We are the warriors, not the "celebrities."

[ 12-30-2014, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: beaches ]

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Ya don't like the Kardashians, huh.

OK.....another reality show gets a tick bite:

Little People, Big World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4b_FqtSOY

beaches
Member # 38251

I am not a fan of any celebs or their talk shows. I find them irrelevant to begin with, and I certainly wouldn't turn to them/their shows/blogs for information on anything related to Lyme/cos.
LisaK
Member # 41384

I think, in my opinion of course, is that the "excitement " over someone like Kardashians getting lyme would be for the sole reason that millions of idiots that watch them will get *some* kind of knowledge about it.

that is how I see it anyway. not some big woohoo for us but some slight chance people that scratch their bellies and burp beer would get an ah hah moment. MAYBE

we need like 50,000,000 ah hahs to make a difference, haha

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Another view..since it is the kars people will say oh its jus them wanting attention with some imaginary illness. If it were somebody more creditable then yeah it would be serious but them....nah jus another publicity stunt. Which hurts us all.

--------------------

TNT
Member # 42349

I still vote for Bill Gates. Not that I would enjoy him suffering, but awareness and credibility would be very high. The other added bonus would be that he could "sink" millions into research, if not billions.

Just think what we could do, if any of us had that kind of clout and resources. [Eek!] [spinning smile]

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Different strokes for different folks.

TNT, you made me laugh, now we are going to have a name your next celebrity Lymie poll. Haha [Smile]

Bill Gates is good, but I wonder if he would share it with us or just keep it a secret? I bet he would not tell.

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabey it wasant a tick mabey it was a crab.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If one of the Kardashians got Lyme, mainstream medicine would diagnose them with a psychological illness and the whole world would believe the diagnosis.

I think Keebler has raised an important point about getting the message to the tens of thousands of people working in high-risk jobs as gardeners, groundsmen park-keepers etc..

Last spring the Socialist Health Association here in UK kindly published a second article on Lyme which I sent them. They are the organisation which founded our National Health Service decades ago. It's important to let trade unions and health and safety officers know the true risks that many workers are exposed to, and the appalling state of mainstream diagnosis and treatment.

I don't think that raising awareness is enough however - even if we did have a celebrity campaigning out there with us. (We've had a few - Daryl Hall, Amy Tan etc - it's made little difference.)

We need to understand why the state of affairs is as appalling as it is. This means understanding not just the role of the insurance corporations, patent-holders and vaccine manufacturers in the coverup, but the absolutely **fundamental** role played by the biological warfare establishment.

This is not "conspiracy theory", but simple fact. A few years ago this issue was raised in Parliament here by Lady Margaret Mar (though our Ministry of Defence has succeeded in persuading her to quietly drop it now.)

The fact is, there are individuals even among the leadership of our own campaigns wh know that the biowarfare coverup is at the heart of it all, but are with-holding this information from the patient community, and trying their best to suppress those of us who want to publish the evidence.

They imagine that by agreeing to keep the secret, the CDC, PHE in our country etc will in return grant some sort of compromise someday tot he Lyme community.

If the authorities has wanted to help us, they have had many long decades in which to do it.

Instead we have had nothing but Denial, persecution of our good doctors, and suppression of the truth. It's no wonder that ordinary doctors disbelieve us.

Why should they believe our handful of LLMDs, most of whom are unable to publish their findings due to the coverup, when the Denialist side is supported by the most prestigious medical authorities in every country over which the US govt has influence?

Until the biowarfare coverup is exposed, they will not doubt the word of bodies like the IDSA, CDC etc..

Those of our leaders who are colluding in the coverup need to stop. There's no need for me to name names. They know who they are.

Until then, the suffering will carry on.
Elena
Information on the biowar issue at:
www.elenacook.org

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement