LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » recipe ideas for my new nutribullet??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: recipe ideas for my new nutribullet??
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my christmas gift today, yay. Now i need some good recipe's. I'm looking for the one with a lemon, apple, kale and something else.

Thanks

Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**moving to general support**

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know that one. I use plain yogurt in mine and lots of ppl ldont do dairy. Usually its half a banana, blueberries, hemp seeds, kale, and then. cuke or carrot or apple...whatever i have lying around

I need a lot of protein so usually have a lot of nuts and seeds

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go...

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/31568?#000007

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I hope you enjoy some delicious & healthful creations. It can truly be a nice helper in that regard.

EAR PROTECTION FIRST, though.

Be sure to wear decibel rated ear MUFFS every time you run this, even if just for a moment. THIS is so very important, I simply cannot stress that enough.

I have a couple different ones - one stays right with my BLENDTEC (similar to a VitaMix - both are very very loud)

NOISE CANCELLATION headphones will NOT be enough with such machines. the dB rated MUFFS like used with lawn equipment are best.

If you don't have those, do not use this until you do. Ear plugs don't offer the same level of protection but if there is a low speed and you are working with soft foods, good quality new decibel rated ear plugs may help.

You can get professional decibel rated MUFFS at lawn care shops / departments.

This goes for everyone within ear shot when this is being run.

Especially for those on ototoxic drugs (hundreds of them, and many if not most that address lyme may be ototoxic) it is more important than ever -- along with liver / kidney support that MAY help protect ears during treatment.

What I meant to say, before that point is that when on any ototoxic drug or OTC product, hearing can be more easily damaged even as lower decibel levels.

90 (ninety) seconds at 85-dB can cause damage for a regular person in a regular circumstance. For those on any ototoxic agent -- or who may have an infection of a toxic nature (lyme) . . . hearing can be damaged at lower dB and shorter times.

And this extra susceptibility can last for months after stopping the ototoxic agent.

For reference: a typical in home hairdryer is 100 dB. That can cause hearing damage for anyone - it just might not show up for years, or decades.

But, for those with lyme and those on ototoxic Rx / OTC, this could happen sooner and might not be limited to the hearing function of the ears.

Our ears are instrumental in balance, reading, talking, walking, thinking, vision, etc.

For all noise makers in your home or out of doors, be sure to wear hearing protection.

More detail here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to the Nutribullet User Guide and Recipe Booklet.

http://www.nutribullet.com/nutribullet-manual.pdf

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Whatever you do, it's always nice to include a little GINGER ROOT, and bit of tart green apple. But not too late in the day as it can be a little stimulating.

I also like red cabbage, a bit of beet root. With a dash of ground coriander & sea salt.

If you use celery (which is a fantastic nutrient source and stretches any juice you make), be sure to pull off most of the strings, even for a high powered wonder, those strings can get caught up.

The white stalks of BOK CHOY are also very good as a stretcher. The (younger) greens are less dense than most kale so easier for the machine.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok thanks everyone!!
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby likes a blend of veggies, spinach, carrot, celery, cabbage, mushroom, chia or flax seeds and for liquid, water, milk, or chicken broth.

If he wants a fruity one, we use blue berries or strawberries, yogurt, chia or flax seed, and milk.

For breakfast we add some oatmeal to the fruity one.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you add oatmeal is it cooked or not? I know this must be areally dumb question. I ll probably add cooked quinoa....im getting hooked on quinoa

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
oatmeal - Not cooked, generally.

Although if to be consumed right then and there, cooked oatmeal could be used. Not too hot, though. You just don't want left over oatmeal used in a drink to then go into a large amount that may not be consumed soon enough.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to put hot stuff in any plastic blender.
-

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby prefers it cooked. I put the extra in a container in the fridge to use later. It gets rather grainy if its raw.

I put the cold milk and other stuff in the nutribullet first. The hot oatmeal last. By the time its blended its cool. It has very little time to touch the plastic sides.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've added dry oatmeal to smoothies. Very simple!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
MannaMe,

Thanks for those two good tips. I have always hated the grainy texture of raw oats in a drink and now know how to avoid that.

Good point about adding any bits of hot / warm food in last so that the total mix cools it down.
-

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Lymetoo, we have rolled oats and it's harder to get them as fine as regular oatmeal when raw.

Your welcome Keebler, hubby hates the gluey consistency of oatmeal and blending it up in a smoothie hides all that!

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

so oatmeal is ok to eat on the lyme diet? Because i love it.
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a simple one for breakfast.. Protein powder, ground flax seed, frozen blueberries, or any fruit, ice and water.. I don't do milk. If I use it in the evening I use the powder, veggies usually kale, cucumber,carrot and an apple, also at times some almonds or whatever you have, flax seed with ice and a tad of water. You get use to the taste after awhile. I like the breakfast one and often use it at night too.
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia_Azure
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maia_Azure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two go to smoothies.

One is coconut milk/almond milk, then coconut oil and strawberries and blueberries, ice cubes, plain yogurt if it is for a meal, then my flax oil.

Second is avocado and kale. Usually blueberries and plain yogurt to take the bitterness out. If your diet allows bananas, that works too.

--------------------
Sick since 2000
Bulls eye 2005
Dx Babesia, Lyme 2014

Posts: 247 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
following

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Sounds yummy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement