LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...what can you do today? feb 1 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: EXERCISE...what can you do today? feb 1
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already posted on last weeks thread when i was too sleepy to know what day it was. Hope i did the title right

Many of us have been shoveling snow recently for exercise but everything counts: dishes, shower, laps, weights

What have you been doing?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sooooo excited! I shopped yesterday (usually neighbors shop for me)

So i had all the fixins for my smoothie

And i added 3 oz of my buhner tea and i didnt even taste it

That will make my life easier now that i am up to the top dose of tea. If i dont herx in a few days i will add rife. This is the most tx i have had in a long time and i am responding. I wonder if my life will really turn around. I had pretty much given up

Today exercise will be picking up house. I am actually more sore from shopping yesterday than all the shoveling i did last week

But 18 inches tonight so have to save energy for tomorrow

Some of you know wht i have gone thru the last few years fixing house. Im so glad i did it. Part of it was putting 18" insulation in attic. Last week when it was below zero i had to put heater up to 70 to keep it 64 in house.

After two days i have it turned down to 64 and whole house is fine. I know the two foot of snow on roof is helping too. But its 7 and really windy and im warm. Very happy about that

Hope everyone is warm and happy. I guess some of you are getting the snow today

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp--thanks for starting the thread!

Very wet heavy snow. My little snow blower can only do a bit at a time, so I am going to go out often today as it is still snowing. Some manual shoveling, too.

That will be my exercise for the day. Already been out twice.

Made my peppermint mocha coffee and am gong to read this afternoon and then watch the Super Bowl.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralphi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ralphi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's raining here, so some yoga and perhaps stair walking today!
Posts: 330 | From TN | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I shoyldnt have bragged about taking 3 oz tea at once...i havent done much and i think im herxing. Wore me out putting the kale away. It was a big bunch tho. Hope it lasts. If not i ll have to freeze it

I hope we get fluffy snow like they say...if its wet this may be the last time i post. With two feet of snow on roof now i will be in big trouble with 18 inches wet snow on top

I think i should take a nap cuz if its wet i ll have to go out every two hours like when i lived up north

I dont want to have trouble with this stoem.cuz i have kinda hard medical test tuesday morning

Stair walking huh? You must be doing really well. I wrecked my knees...or the bugs did. Even on my best day i can barely do stairs

I have an elliptical and that is supposed tto be good exercise for replaced knees. But after a few seconds on it i cant walk without canes the next day

I thought of selling it...but i havent given up yet. Hope i can get back on it

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang! Had a great day at church this morning. My children's church partner was sick today so I was all on my own. We had a lesson about Moses and then made Valentines for shut-ins.

We'll work on them again next week. The little boy (age 9) had so much fun I had a hard time getting him to go back into the church service! I was happy since he's hard to motivate sometimes.

I had to go back to sing or otherwise we could have stayed longer. I thought maybe the parents would wonder what happened to us too! HA!

I posted this on the Snow Thread but no one saw it. Hope you enjoy it!

Dogs and Cats having fun in the snow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEIDf1YhiQ

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--the cat in the snow was too funny.

Went out a 3rd time to shovel after the snow plow came by and dumped a load in front of my drive. My shoulder is already feeling it.

Temp dropping and snow blowing. Probably will go out one more time before bed to clear the drive. Going to drop from mid30's down to single digits and that's without wind chill.

Hope to watch the Super Bowl if the satellite dish cooperates in this weather. I don't like either team, but it should be a good game.

Making valentines brings back a lot of memories!

lp--hope your snow is light and fluffy. Let's all move to Arizona--LOL.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad your snow blower is working .. better than you thought? I hope so! I had never seen cats in the snow! So cute!

Kayak.. 18 more inches? ugh...

Cold here tomorrow... warm to you guys!! High of 39.

Where's Lisa and kam?

I actually enjoyed the half-time show. Looked like Katy Perry was afraid of heights though!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam posted on the other ex thread

I did laundry and some cooking but not much really

Watched a movie and the superbowl ads

I dont think the pats will be able to fly home tomorrow

Up hwre they lowered total to 16" but everthing is closed

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 am excedrin

next get up to feed cat and dog and take rosie out to toilet

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

School is delayed an hour today due to wind blowing the snow last night and icy roads. At least it will be light when I drive, so I can see
the ice better.

Have a good day!

Hiker53

[ 02-02-2015, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its' been hard to type last few days so I have been trying to read your posts, but trouble writing.

kayak, glad you got food shopping and made that smooothy, yum. I hope you ok in the snow!

snow is so wet and heavy here. like wet sand. terrible. and so much and now it just started again.

kam, I wish I had some excedrin by my bed this early am. I needed it too. I have a terrible headache- migraine I guess. and my eyes arent'workingright and I am so sick to my stomach.

I just readched for some dark choloclate because I was craving that, but I hope ti helps. it's hard to type- sorry messy typing

Yesterday my hubby and I cooked all morning after church and ended at 4. I was so tired like a wet rag and we both plopped sofa and chair an dpassed out until after 5, but we were supposed to go to a party at 4:30!

so we slowly got dressed and drove over only to get lost in the gigantic neighborhood of a maze she lives in and had to call her for directions- so embarrassing. been there before and never had a problem finding it.

haha.

the snow was coming down like a thick blanket entraNCING us so that didn't help.

at the party no one watched the game, so that was a little strange. only like 4 of us interseted. never been to superbowl party like that before.

today I have so much packaging of things I sold on line, which is great for the money sakes, but now packaging with a migraine is the pits.

and I started with MONOPAUSE heat flashes this week!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, I htought night sweats were bad! these flashes are crazy!!!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its snowing. Again. Still. Its light and i have power so will not complain. Wind is blowing a lot..no sense in shoveling yet

I havent done much. A few calls...lawyer insists i do not have to count bankrupsy cancellation of debt as income but accountant not so sure. There are new federal laws. Out of my hands for now

I vacumrd half house...the part i got sand and salt on rugs. I tried to be careful but there is so much. Even etta is walking it aroynd

And watched old tv i had recorded. I need to do something productive

CHRISTMAS STUFF!!! That has to get packed away. And somehow impriving on record keeping for next year. And i still have extra linen hanging around fromchristmas company

I think i will go out once before it gets dark so kids who shivel have the boundsries clear

Then maybe get more done on house tonite

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tee hee...I think high today is 60 and low low 40's.

Sunny out. Come on down. [Smile]

No productivity here yet.

I would really like to just get in the car and go on a road trip...back to where i lived on the central coast.

I did order cat food on line. Next step is to take off turtle neck that is bothering me and eat lunch and take meds.

I fell like I need a chill pill.

Teeth or not hurting today which is good. I will try and use them if food i have is still good ...guessing now..got it on Thursday, Fri, Sat, Sun, Monday...5 days..i don't think chicken lasts that long nor most likely the salads I have gotten. I did open one salad and it was slimy.

Neighbor is still not packing. People are still coming and going from different agencies like police, CBI which will house her and help with drug problem if she will allow it...

talked to manager about how long it takes to get a court date if she does not move within the 5 days ..which is Thursday.

She said within a week. So maybe a week from Thursday all of this will be over with. Sheesh.

It is depressing but for her I think it will be a good thing as I was concerned she would be leaving in a body bag the way things were going.

I still do not understand why I was able to do more at the hotel than I am here at the apartment..less stress that is for sure.

I have heard from the senior center or the LLMD re: the appt on Wednesday.

Not sure my message went thru. I will call again tomorrow am and talk to someone in person if I do not have someone to drive me by tomorrow...need to reschedule.

Considered driving myself but saw how it took so much out of me just driving across the street so to speak to the primary care doctor and then laying there about an hour talking with doctor...i barely was able to make it out of there and drive the few blocks back home.

Although did better once i was in the quiet of the car and the car was moving my body....it was the talking and listening that was too much while laying on the table in the doctor's office.

So, doing that down talk I do when I am not able to be very productive...I think it was last Tuesday I was able to bake some chicken and make the biscuits...but that did do me in.

I know my mood will improve when I am able to do a little bit around here.

Being able to eat should help. Stopped taking tumerica...not sure if htat is what caused my mouth to be too sore to eat..doesn't make sense

but giving it a try...i do associate the tumeric heling with brain inflamation but not sure about that either

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Kam--hope you can get a ride to the LLMD--am praying for that.

lp--I don't envy all the snow you are getting. Let's all move to Arizona.

Hurt my shoulder shoveling--same one as last year. Grr.

Was able to ride exercise bike, though after work.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

kam
Member # 3410

Able to pick up meds from pharmacy. Able to walk into thrift shop and see if they had curtains for the bedroom. no curtains.

Not sure what to do next. Hydrate I know. Eat I know.

Emergency services came for my neighbor while I was gone so I had to park my car down the way as they were blocking the parking area.

Wish they had taken her with them and kept her at the hospital. But, no. They just took her BP and left.

She is calling for help but not getting it. I guess she does not met the critera for being hospitalized. At least she would not have access to drugs.

I guess the police were here 2 times one day and 3 times the next in the past two days. A volunteer for another organization was at her house today.

Thanks for giving me a place to vent. My stress level is high because of this which doesn't make sense to me.

She is the one going thru this.

OK guys are you ready for this one....windows will not roll down in the car so ....I turned the air conditioner on when i went to the pharmacy..it was too hot in the car. [Smile] yuck yuck yuck

I know it must be back breakign to try and keep the snow cleared so not really being a wise a

I feel for ya.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

but giving it a try...i do associate the tumeric heling with brain inflamation but not sure about that either

-
Yes, kam!!! You were taking curcumin or turmeric?? yes, it should help with brain inflammation!

I would not think it would make your teeth sore. That may have been a coincidence.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well i did go out for an hour at 4 but 20 min after i went out i called the girls down the street and they worked for half an hour. Best ten bucks i ever spent! It was really cold and they did both patios, my little paths i do so i can rake the roof , the truck and the carport that had about six inches in it

The plow guy comes tomorrow morning. I postponed my medical test again til fri. I have to go out to post office tomorrow tho.

Its gonna be cold for ten days as far as i can see and there is more snow but i hope not a lot

Tonight i got taxes ready to send and some clothes fixed to return and a little more picking up in house

I dont have much energy and lower legs hurt...i might be herxing. I might have to back off tea

Hiker...i was thinking of you today

My son is in chicago and i guess they had 5 th worst snow ever

My daughter in nyc is ok but some wierd things are happening down there

She told me how shes walking down the street and the manhole covers just explode up. Scares the dog. I cant imagine. I am so not a city girl

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Started feeling human last night around 6 pm but decided not to get up and try and do a few things as I wanted to continue to feel human.

Able to call LLMD's office and leave a message. This time I left a message with the new patient person instead of the desk and used my land line instead of the iphone so hoping i get a response this time.

Need to reschedule. Did not get a ride but have about 3 people who are willing to take me when I reschedule.

One I know so I most likely will go with her.

She was dx with parkinsons but is still able to teach and drive long distances.

Heard some packing last night and this am next door. What a relief. I also heard from a guy that comes to visit her that he thought he found a place for her.

Tried to fill out paper work to get prescriptions via the mail. But, brain went so stopped.

Looks like I need to either order on line or write the prescriptions down and include them in the mailer. Phone number for company is 8 XXXXXXXX

Yep That is what it says on the form. CVS.

So guessing I will try again on line.

Thought of getting dressed and going to get lab work. But, then realized my

oops computer froze up

then realized my power chair that i load on teh car is not working

So checked large power chair and I did not recharge the batteries last night

It is dark thirty out. I would need to travel in the dark to get there so not so sure yet what to do.

I like to go first thing as I am not able to be there long and if you go first thing there are less people there.

I think they open at 7 am. I guess the next step is to make sure that is still true.

It is helping to type things out as my brain was scrambled.

Not sure what the next step is. I guess take Rosie out to tiolet and then eat.

NOt feeling human again all ready this am.

I have been able to feed the cat and dog. Need to check the litter box next also.

I have yet to be able to do anymore about the boxes in the front room. I haven't been able to since Jan 15th I think..no before that...Jan 15 ws the date I set to be done with them.

Decided just to do what pops in brain today.

Guessing I will go over to the PT place across the street and see about getting started with them. As they will be part of the process of getting a new power chair approved or not approved.

I can use my big outdoor chair to get to them.

Sad state of affairs here last night when the ambulance came. Interesting how people including myself with group dynamics react.

We have one person who seems to be the one who points out all the problems with tenants and manager here and will not let it go.

The sad part is she is right but I know management can only evict people under certain conditions.

Some of these people have been here a long time. Instead of doing what can be done about helping them people are complaning about them.

When I first moved in this was a helpful kind place. Not so much any more.

But, finding a place with as reasonable rent is out. Most places I look at are twice as much.

Or another senior apartment complex and I am not so sure I want to go that route.

One place I looked at yesterday has interested me and they just re did the units.

It is a duplex like model instead of a 3 story complex like a hotel like I live in.

But, what bothered me is the waiting list for it was 6 months where as the waiting list for this place and the other place is 2 years.

And this place and the other place have more units..maybe three times as many.

Not sure what that means??

But, I felt it meant that people were not happy there and move frequently.

Caregiver is coming this am. This is good. HOping to take a shower today also.

I will get back to you to let you know how I do today.

And most likely to check and see what thoughts I had this am on what to try and do today to see if I was able to complete them.

kam
Member # 3410

Exploding man holes. Wow.
kam
Member # 3410

Able to cruise on over to physical therapy this am and talk with receptionist.

A guy came in and completely over looked me as i sat in my power chair at the desk and started talking to receptionist.

This is something i noticed when i first started using a power chair but it has been awhile since it has happened.

I am not out much now.

I went back to the apartment to get some paper work the receptionist needed.

Appt made for 2 weeks from now. HOping to see LLMD before appt but not sure if it makes a difference or not.

More paper work to fill out as they said it has been 5 years since I have been to PT. Wow.

Not sure what will happen. I do know the first appt will be about an hour as the PT guy is going to take measurements for a possible power chair.

Not sure if there is going to be any PT going on.

The guy that interrupted me came back in and started interupting me again.

But, receptionist left to go ask the therapist a question so he started talkign to me.

learned he drank for 46 years and his wife is bipolar. And we thought we had problems. HA!

Maintenance guy asked me if it was quiet last night referring to my neighbor.

I told him yes but the truth is I do not know. I closed my blinds and just might do that again if things get to be too much.

kam
Member # 3410

NOw htat i can take in what people are saying to me i must admit..there are some things i would prefer not to hear.

Neighbors friend is here...wondering if today is move day. I know today is the deadline for the 5 day eviction notice. So hoping today is move day for her.

Need to get up and close curtains...people going by window is too much

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
[QB] Well i did go out for an hour at 4 but 20 min after i went out i called the girls down the street and they worked for half an hour. Best ten bucks i ever spent!

-

Good job, kayak!!! That is working smart!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by kam:

-
Yes, kam!!! You were taking curcumin or turmeric?? yes, it should help with brain inflammation!

I would not think it would make your teeth sore. That may have been a coincidence.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I mailed the stuff. Very sluppery walking. I almost went down when cleaning off car.

Dangerous driving cuz snowbanks so high you cant see whos coming

I need to have blood drawn but im waiting til tomorrow

I have to call the girls agin cuz another 4" in carport nd 6" on patios

I dont feel so good and i dont think its hesx cuz i stipped tea. Im not sure what it is alot musc pain in neck and sharp pain in my best knee

Ettas in time out. She was bad. Bit me.

Im.takung a nap

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Trying to recover from the workload from yesterday.

Had a terrible headache yesterday after work. Base of my skull was killing me! Went home, rubbed some compounded pain relief cream from my Mom on the back of my neck. Ate some peanuts and went to bed.

Feel somewhat better today.

Have to try and go to the grocery store.

Will give it a shot if I'm ok after work.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

ALK hope you are able to get groceries

Feel asleep around 11 am and just woke up 2:30 pm now. I guess I needed it.

Time to eat again and hopefully take a shower and put on clean clothes

Whatever was going on with the body seems to have settled down. I think it was just stress ..shouldn't say "just" stress.

But, i felt like i needed a chill pill whatever that is. Watching movies helped.

kam
Member # 3410

pressure cooker like feeling. glad it is gone.
kam
Member # 3410

Got up to do something but just not able. So back to resting. Did reschedule LLMD appt and let Senior Center director know I needed a ride.
kam
Member # 3410

Brain on line eenough i think of the things i would like to do but body not co operating
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam... try the Curcumin again!

kayak... Hope the snow stops soon!! AARRGHH!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak, I put my dog in timeouts too! haha. I do this when she runs away

I have a cold or something. not too good feeling.

yesterday layed on sofa most of day. today want to hagn new curtain rod, but don't know if I can and now that I took off old one it looks kinda nice without anythinhg on window! lots of nice light.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Iwoke up at seven and it felt like i had broken my foot when i was asleep. I couldnt pu any weight on it. Really scar 're d me

I took a neurontin cuz it was the only thing i could reach. Slept and now its fine. It felt lke sharp bone pain not nerve

Such a wierd disease

I have to eat lite today and then fast before test tomorrow morning

I have one more package to take to po. My mag is at healrh food store. And the girls are coming to shovel at 3:30

So i have plenty to. Do. I actually have a curtin issue too. I use really heavy insulated drapes for jan and feb. They are kind of a pain to tie back when its sunny. But they save me money on propane. One has fallen off and ni will need step stool to getit back up. Verry hard with bad rotator cuff. So its been on the floor a few days

Were supposed to get heavy flurries...so i dont know if i should postpone this test again

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

NOt sure where I left off. Took a shower last night.

Able to go into thrift store this am and find some curtains for bedroom window. Curtains are not wide enough to have gathering needed but they will do for now.

Neighbor is moving out right now. Stress level went down yesterday. In my head I am doing a happy dance.

But, guessing I will need to spray for roaches when she is gone as guessing she has roaches in her apartment. She is a hoarder.

It got cleaned up from Dec 15th to the 25th to pass inspection as she was given an eviction notice to clean up or move out.

But, she went back to hoarding as soon as the inspection was passed.

Hoarding was the less of the things that caused stress fo rher neighbors....at least that was quiet.

Another neighbor is moving in....the sound of the movers going up the stairway is too much. Quiet now but guessing they went to get more things as it looks like a local move.

Another neighbor moving in but they used the elevator and the paid moving service.

Weird but all of this activity is too much fo rme

Weather is nic ehere. Windows are open. Got over heated earlier.

Able to to do two loads of dishes. Fill sink full to put two more loads of dishes in sink.

Able to walk into place and pick up some paper work I needed.

Able to get out of dadge and run errands while they were doing the fire alarm testing this am.

Able to take Rosei to dog park. She did her happy dance the while time we were there...short visit.

REsting now. Pretty done in. MOre I need to do but need to rest first then hoping to be able to do more.

kam
Member # 3410

kayak..i have times when i can not put any weight on my foot also. Weird. then it just goes away. I wondered if it waw the gaba or tramadol or ? cusin git but could just be a lyme thing too.
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday-OMG! Super busy here at work. I'll try to catch up with reading everyone's posts tomorrow.

See you all then!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I am so tired. Cant move. Can h ardly. Type. I tried to sleep but coulnt...dint know why

At 3:30 i started working with little girl on snow. I got tired but together we got a lot done

At 4:15 plow guy came with son to help with roof. It got confusing and boy dug path in the wrong place and chopped up some of my flower bushes....but then he and dad clered roof where i am afraid of wires

I was really tired by the time they were done and i am justcrashing now

Medical test moved to friday now. We get 6" before then and it will be zero when i go for test...not sure if truck will start

Im.just so tired but after i rest i really have to go outside
Again beforr new snow

I cant believe how tired i am. Im gonna start another thread about yogurt and bloating

Kam i hope things ke er p getting better...i hope you get a really nice neighbor

Ak...hang in! At least you have a job you like. Remember when you had that mean, crazy boss?

Hope you feel better soon lisa

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there, kayak and kam!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

More snow here today as well. My exercise was snow blowing and shoveling after work.

I am not good with my new snow blower. I blow as much on me as off the driveway--LOL.

Now that I have a snow blower my neighbors don't come over to help. Bummer.

I have not ridden the exercise bike since Monday, but as long as I am moving that is okay.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. that really is lousy about the snow blower. I know you could still use the help!

I did manage to go to Bible study today (and the breakfast prior) and then on to run errands and then exercise.

We were supposed to get snow but I think it just misted out there about dark. We may get a little bit of snow tonight but it will melt by mid-day tomorrow anyway.

Makes me feel a tad guilty when you guys are still trying to shovel your way out!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I went out for another half hour and did what i needed

Ive been resting and thawing out my freet

Its snowing now

If i have to shovel tomorrow i wont be able to prep for test on friday

I just want to slep really deep for a really long time now

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

There's always next week, kayak!! Your body will still be there ... we hope!! [Big Grin]

Rest up!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

kayak, you sound like me- foot pain- I have felt that too. not fun..... and your curtains... I am still trying to get mine hung. will it ever happen???? who knows

I worked on taxes last night til after 2 because we need to get them done sooner than we thought. I really hate taxes. so much paper work and becasue I didn't work much, do I claim the little I did? sorry if that's a dumb question.

I cooked a meal yesterday for everyone. that was my exercise. still fighting virus, but better today.

hope you are all well

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YES, Lisa! You can claim a lot of things because you own your own business. ( and always be sure to claim any income you might make )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-What? I actually have some down time here at work.

Your right Kayak, I shouldn't complain at all. It's nothing like my last job of production accounting. Who ever heard of a quota in accounting anyways?

You all have been so busy! I don't miss shoveling snow at all! I'd be hard pressed to do it now with my left arm being as messed up as it is.

I'm going to try and get my stuff together for taxes too this Saturday. Wish me luck!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Oh, almost forgot....I loved the link with the dogs and cats playing in the snow.

In fact, I need a mini vacay and I'm going to click on it again.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you enjoyed it, AK!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

wOW aBOVE BSELINE MORNING. Able to take a pic of sunrise which may not seem like much but many mornings I am not able to do this.

Able to wash the window that I can see teh sunrise from with the exception of being able to wash the window the w screen is on.

Got dressed. Could not find gloves.

Could not find support hose.

Able to actually look this time.

What else.

Ah ha. DRove 2 miles on the dirt road. Parked car and walked with iney's mom i est 1 mile. Sign saying road closed but boulders are gone.

Went to what was the abandoned boy's ranch.

But, found it all gone. So sad. This is where I had it in my mind to have a healing ranch for those with lyme disease.

I was sad they were not able to keep at least something of the old boy's ranch.

Even the fence line is out. The no trespassing signs were up.

But, if I wanted I could drive on the ranch now and to the ranch.

I would like to go to the other side of the ranch or land and see if there is something left of the boy's ranch there.

Amazing how the character of the place was gone when they took the bldgs. NO stables. No barn. No tack room. No bunk house. No chow hall. The 3 large homes were gone.

I wanted to hit someone. But, Even I had purchased the place I knew i would need to consult a contractor to see just how much of it would be salvagable and how much would need to be torn down.

My friend said that last she heard the town of Star Valley was voting on whether to allow commerical bldgs to be built and rented out.

Last she heard is that people were trying to stop it as there were too many empty commericial bldgs at the airport to creat more.

I sure hope Star Valley turns it down.

kam
Member # 3410

Able to hang two pictures up last night.

Able to wash some more windows.

kam
Member # 3410

The inside of the windows were black. The outside not so bad.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, Kam! I hope you are still taking the curcumin.

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Wow. I see a missed a lot this week. Tried to go thru and catch up but vision is not working well enough....I think if i had the screen in front of me on my lap maybe but arms are not strong enough to move screen right now nor is the brain working well enough to get things right.

Got up because i wanted to try and do some more but all iw as able to do was take Rosie out to toilet and feed the cat and dog.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Kam--Wow! You did a lot today. Come clean my windows, please--LOL!

Stood on my feet all day at work, but did come home to ride the exercise bike. Legs are very tired.

Will have to stay late at work tomorrow to grade essays--ugh!

Wish all my tax info was here, so I could do taxes, but they won't get here until the end of February. Then I find out how much I owe- [shake]

Until tomorrow.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I didnt realize 3 of us had bad shoulders...mine is the left too and i am right handed?!?

Lisa it used to be you didnt have to pay taxs on your income if it was below a certainamount. But with you married and hubs working im nit sure how they do that

There are a lot of changes in laws this time so be careful and read evetything...or maybe get someone to do them for you

Im resting. Ive shoveled twice only half hour each time cuz its so cold. Plow guy widened drive cuz we get flurries til sat then another foot from sat til tues

I hear my house cracking and popping now so i know i need to get more snow off. The mechanic next door mwntioned theres a lot of snow on my roof. Hes my friend. I was talking to him about the other business. Young guy thst rents machines to move snow. He has it packed right into my fence. Last yr we had a dispute over that. I dont know what this fence is gonna look like in spring

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I really have to go out again i tell myneighbor friend when i go out and come back in. So i dont fall and turn into a popsical

I postponed test again. So now i have one tues and one thurs

I took another ibu yesterday. 2Nd in 3-4 weeks. Im ok except right after i have smoothie. Then im bloated and have abd pain

Sounds like you had an incredible day kam. Somwtimes lisa gets like that!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-do your smoothies have milk/dairy in them. Sometimes that can make stomach problems worse.

Many years ago--preLyme--I had an ulcer and the MD said milk would make it worse.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
I didnt realize 3 of us had bad shoulders...mine is the left too and i am right handed?!?

-
Make that 4 .. left shoulder and right-handed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

I can't eat yogurt any more. it really bothers my belly.

no more cow milk at all except some fresh mozzarella once in a while for me.

kam, you do seem like you are doing much more than a few months ago. !

lymetoo, and kayak, yes, I think you must claim everything that is profit, but I have a business and even if I show a negative amount I still must report. I wasn't going to this year becasue I was sure I only made like $300 and thought why bother, but I made more than that and I am afraid they will come get me! haha

I just dont' wanna mess it up. I get mixed up sometimes.

the only thing is though that I told some guy that is helping us with some big financial issue (it's my FIL that got us invvolved in something- long sad story)
I told this guy that I didn't work all year becasue I was disabled, but now I see I made some money. now what? I already filled that form and signed it and sent it to him!

I get so messed up. I wasn't thinking!

anyway, that'as all I did pretty much today except I made some really good soup for dinner along with some pigs in a blanket that I have been craving. yummmmmm but not pork, they were beef dogs.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Uh oh... That is sticky. I'm sure you could make an amended report. (but ... since you probably didn't make any profit .. it should be OK???)

Even if you TAKE IN money you have to report it to the IRS.

Doesn't matter how much profit .. that will balance out because you also have expenses.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Twelve below tonite. Im getting sick of this. And my house is still making that cracking sound after i made the roof rake longer andtook a bunch more snow off.

Yeah...it might be the yogurt and i read about the milk study and ulcers

But if the pain is cuz its killing yeast isnt that a good thing

Cottage cheese and skim milk dont make me hurt at all

Wow...just heard where i used to live up north will be 30 below
tonight

Just last week i was feeling really good some days and got so much done

Im staring at things that need to be done in here and i just cant do them

Maybe its the snow...maybe the yogurt. I think i pulled a chest muscle cuz it hurts really bad under right breast. If it was the other side id be worried about heart attack

I took extra reflux meds and musc relaxants but it wont go away

I cant get comfortable. My comfy chair is whete i hear the house cracking so im scared to be there

Well...i think my kindle is charged. I ll have to make some changes and try to figure out whats going on with me

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..hang in there. It will get better again.

Can't imagine those temps.

kam
Member # 3410

rd sliding off lap.

able to check mail

took rosie out to toilet

cleaned litter box

feed cat and dog

made a cup of coffee..instant

organic

made a cup of detox tea

sent email to friend asking her to help with laundry and getting grociceres when able

shad planned on going t the lab this am but changed those plans

not sure what to do next

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. hope your roof is OK.. can the plow guy help with that snow? Sorry it's SO COLD there!

The smoothie is probably not KILLING yeast it is creating it... just my opinion.

Hope you can get yourself going today.

Kam.. you've had a busy day already!

I need to do more paper work and then off to exercise and some grocery shopping.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Not sure if I added able to take rosie to get shaved...her face and feet

Tried to order meds on line but application timed out so need to start over when brain is doing well enough

time to veg now

i did eat and take meds.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

TGIF!!! WoooWhoo!!! It's such a beautiful day here. Sunny and cool. I just got back from eating Mexican food with a co-worker and have hardly any work for the afternoon.

Yeah!

Have to meet the hubs after work at the house and drive him in his truck to the bank, gas station, dinner and grocery shopping.

A typical Friday evening.

Hey gang, can I count that as exercise?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes you can, AK!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Are you counting the errands or the shoveling of Mexican food into your body as exercise?? [Big Grin]

I love Mexican food!!

Finished grading papers. Did 15 minutes on the exercise bike. Am relaxing this evening--T.V. couch potato.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Plain yogurt with no sugar can cause yeast?

I couldnt sleep til 3...and got up at 11:45...felt good. I love sleep. Im so easy to please! I even.paid a few bills and filed a few papers but did have to take 4 different pills

I was out most of day from 1-6. I went to bank(for snow removal money) and to po to return christmas stuff...met a guy there with a landscaping business tht said he knew some guys that would shovel roof...but his quote was more than i could do. This yer anyway

My guy neighbor came over and pulled snow off back roof. Before he got here i worked on front and garage. There is one part that still really needs to get done over propane tank

Plow guy and son will come tomorrow morning. Im gonna take pills soon.and try really hard to sleep til dawn. Then go out and do a little more before he gets here

I just got out of long hot sit down shower where i washed my hair. Im in recliner with heating pad on back and etta sleeping on my feet and towel around my head. Not sure if i will be able to use hairdryer. Maybe i can on one side

Im toast warm and feel good but they just put what started as flurries up to 12-18 inches. Snow for 24 hrs...sat nite to mon nite

Right now. Need supper and dry hair and to collapse

Nite

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Friend brought my laundry back along with two cabbage rolls for dinner.

Do not have what it takes to put sheets on bed. Maybe tomorrow.

Tried to order meds on line. NOt able to order tramadol or temazepam via mail...need to contact customer service on one and call the number on the card with the other.

Had a great deal of difficulty last year with other drug company getting meds on line...never succeeded.

This year brain was working well enough I know now why.

kam
Member # 3410

neighbor is still here but still moving out. Hoping she is gone by Monday.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:

Plain yogurt with no sugar can cause yeast?

-
Does for me. If you read the label you will see that even plain yogurt contains about 16 grams of sugar. I think it's milk sugar, but the body still reads it as sugar.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. glad you can relax now!

kayak.. So glad you got the roof done. Whew!

kam.. Hope the neighbor will be gone soon. I sure hope they put a good person next to you this time!

I didn't get to go to exercise because I had to help someone with my business. Then hubby and I went to his gig. They wanted him back earlier than they had originally told him (yay!) and he also has a chance at a part time job with one of the most secure shows in town.

That would be awesome if he could get the job.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Doing laundry and ironing. Have to get the tax stuff together too.

Hiker-Can I count both as exercise? [Big Grin]

Kayak-Shoveling snow doesn't kill your shoulder? I favor my bad arm and keep that one usually close to my body. If I'm behaving. [Wink]

Kam-When you bad neighbor problems are over, we need to celebrate! [spinning smile]

TuTu-Hope your hubs gets the job. [Smile]

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

tutu your living in the right place for a musician huh?

i'll check yogurt later but i feel way better not taking it...so im done. i have two large containers i hope i can find someone to give it to

i wrote on the snow storm thread about plow guy and kids and new 22" in the next 24 hrs

this is a bit much for me after yesterday i can hardly use my left arm for anything

after this storm there are two days with no snow and then more...dont have any idea how much my back still hurts so soon as they are gone i will be back in recliner with heating pad

i should be doing paperwork and stuff but its hard for me to concentrate with two kids scraping roof and dad snowblowing and etta running from window to window and barking at all the ca mo tion...how to you spell that anyway?

hope everyone has a good day. no exercise for me today...well wait. i took car to neighbors drive and had to walk back...and will have to walk over to get it later...so that counts!

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Hurray. I have some food for the weekend. A friend just brought over Basha's baked chicken and the ingredients for me to make the almond butter, almond chocolate, banana smoothie.

I lasted until about noon today. I recall spot cleaning the mattress pad, (thinking I wish I had asked my friend to help me put the sheets on the bed but she had left before I thought of it)

CAlled PHP to see why teh sleeping meds would not be available but they could not answer the question until MOnday.

In the meantime another friend got on line and learned it is the dosage...i have been getting 30 mg

PHP will only do 15 mg so need to talk with doc about that.

Able to clean the litter box with soap and water and refill it. That was do a litttle, rest an dthen do a little more. STill need to take old litter to the dumpster when able.

Able to get the sleeping bag off of the front room floor.

Able to add some more valance to the rods in the small room...not really happy with the look but doesn't really mattter.

Able to get out of the apartment for about an hour this am. Put coat over PJ's.

Drove to airport as I noticed the activity of small planes in the sky.

Also short outing to dog park..that time of the morning Rosie's poop was steaming so easier for me to find. [Smile]

Hot out now.

Still in PJ's.

I most likely will think of more I was able to do later.

Neighbor is smoking on her patio so smoke is comign into apartment...nothing new but I will be glad when that is over.

Hoping new tenant will follow the no smoking on property or at least go to the entrance area where it seems most go to smoke now.

HOping neighbor is able to get her things out of her apartment before they put on new locks on her door.

Neighbor does not look good. I know this is hard on her. Her friend told me to keep my doors locked until she is moved out.

Not sure why...but I have kept my doors locked every since I had the neighbor with Alzheimers.

Able to walk into two thrift shops this am in my PJ's with coat over them to see about a lmap and pictures for the front room. Didn't find anything this time.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement